About Check-Cap (NASDAQ:CHEK)
Check-Cap Ltd. (Check-Cap) is a clinical-stage medical diagnostics company. The Company is engaged in the development of an ingestible imaging capsule that utilizes low-dose X-rays for the detection and imaging of colonic polyps and colorectal cancers, or CRC. The Company's system consists of main components, such as ingestible scanning capsule; Capsule Positioning System (CPS), a recorder worn on the patient's back, and a personal computer (PC)-based work station for data reconstruction and image processing. The Company's scanning capsule will be swallowed and propelled by natural motility through the gastrointestinal tract and excreted naturally with no need for retrieval for data collection. Its scanning capsule employs low-dose X-rays, which allow the system to image the interior lining of the colon even when surrounded by intestinal content. Its capsule transmits information to a receiving device worn on the patient's body that stores the information for off-line analysis.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Specialty & Advanced Pharmaceuticals
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:CHEK
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.check-cap.com
- Market Cap: $29.03 million
- Outstanding Shares: 16,979,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $1.84
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $1.84
- 52 Week Range: $1.65 - $2.95
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -3.00
- P/E Growth: 0.0000
- Annual Revenue: N/A
- Price / Sales: N/A
- Book Value: $0.45 per share
- Price / Book: 3.81
- EBITDA: ($9,620,000.00)
- Return on Equity: -98.88%
- Return on Assets: -80.97%
- Current Ratio: 5.04%
- Quick Ratio: 5.04%
- Average Volume: 47,036 shs.
- Beta: -0.35
- Short Ratio: 5.01
Frequently Asked Questions for Check-Cap (NASDAQ:CHEK)
What is Check-Cap's stock symbol?
Check-Cap trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CHEK."
How were Check-Cap's earnings last quarter?
Check-Cap Ltd. (NASDAQ:CHEK) issued its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, August, 10th. The company reported ($0.17) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of ($0.16) by $0.01. View Check-Cap's Earnings History.
When will Check-Cap make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Check-Cap's stock going? Where will Check-Cap's stock price be in 2017?
3 equities research analysts have issued 1 year target prices for Check-Cap's stock. Their forecasts range from $5.00 to $7.00. On average, they anticipate Check-Cap's stock price to reach $6.00 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Check-Cap.
What are analysts saying about Check-Cap stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Check-Cap stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Check Cap Ltd. is a medical diagnostics company. The company is engaged in the development of an ingestible imaging capsule for the screening of colorectal cancer. Check Cap Ltd. is based in Mount Carmel, Israel. " (10/3/2017)
- 2. Maxim Group analysts commented, "Summary Check-Cap announced that the company has filed for the CE Mark registration of C-Scan. Sure, that is positive news. We worry that the reported 44% sensitivity" in N=45 subjects is low but we see room for that number to rise with improved software. The press release goes on to state that in the analysis for polyps, specificity was 89%". Sensitivity strongly correlated (R-squared = 0.98) to the percentage of the colon scanned. Sensitivity was 78% (p<0.05) and 100% (p<0.05) for subjects where greater than 50% and 70% of the colon was scanned, respectively. Specificity was consistent for all subjects. We conclude that for CE Mark and in Europe where the standard of care is comparable (stool test) that the data should support an approval. We also recognize however that the US standard will be much higher as the US comparison must be colonoscopy (85-90%) sensitive."" (9/27/2017)
- 3. HC Wainwright analysts commented, "We note that this trial is designed to evaluate C-Scan’s ability to detect polyps as compared to colonoscopy. We expect a total data package of around 150 subjects to be submitted for CE Mark approval, which may potentially lead to European market entry in 2018. In the wake of this update, we reiterate our Buy rating and $6 price target. GE Healthcare collaboration awarded $1M grant. Check-Cap and GE Healthcare (GE; not rated) received approval of a $1M conditional grant from the Israel-U.S. Binational Industrial Research and Development Foundation (BIRD). The grant is to support development of a high- volume manufacturing process for the C-Scan system’s X-ray source and capsule assembly, and establish a unique product distribution process for a pilot clinical trial in the U.S." (8/11/2017)
- 4. Rodman & Renshaw analysts commented, "We are initiating coverage of Check-Cap Ltd., a clinical-stage medical diagnostic company developing a next-generation colorectal cancer (C RC) detection system, with a Buy rating and a 12-month price target of $6.00 per share. In our view, the company's ingestible X-ray scanning capsule, the C-Scan?? screening system, is differentiated from other structural visualization methods- e.g., optical colonoscopy, computed tomographic colonography (CTC) and other optical capsules - since it eliminates the troublesome preparatory step of bowel cleansing, which is the primary reason that many people over age 50 choose not to undergo colonoscopy-based CRC screening. In removing the need for laxative prep and allowing people to maintain normal activities during the imaging process, Check-Cap's system could persuade more people to have regular CRC screening as well as seize market share from the existing screening population. Check-Cap's system candeliver structural imaging of the colon without the pain, discomfort and embarrassment due to the invasive process of colonoscopy." (1/19/2017)
Who are some of Check-Cap's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Check-Cap include Xenon Pharmaceuticals (XENE), Viking Therapeutics (VKTX), KemPharm (KMPH), ContraVir Pharmaceuticals (CTRV), Prima BioMed Ltd (PBMD), Evoke Pharma (EVOK), Proteostasis Therapeutics (PTI), SCYNEXIS (SCYX), Cancer Genetics (CGIX), Microbot Medical (MBOT), Bellerophon Therapeutics (BLPH), Biolase (BIOL), Aptevo Therapeutics (APVO), Juniper Pharmaceuticals (JNP), Catabasis Pharmaceuticals (CATB), Concordia International Corp. (CXRX), TRACON Pharmaceuticals (TCON) and OvaScience (OVAS).
Who are Check-Cap's key executives?
Check-Cap's management team includes the folowing people:
- Tomer Kariv J.D., Chairman of the Board
- William Densel, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Lior Torem CPA, Chief Financial Officer
- Yoav Kimchy Ph.D., Chief Technology Officer
- Alex Ovadia, Vice President - Research & Development
- Mary Jo Gorman M.D., External Director
- XiangQian Lin, Director
- Walter L. Robb Ph.D., Director
- Yuval Yanai, External Director
- Steven J. Hanley, Independent Director
When did Check-Cap IPO?
(CHEK) raised $13 million in an initial public offering on Thursday, February 19th 2015. The company issued 1,200,000 shares at a price of $10.00-$12.00 per share. Chardan Capital Markets and Maxim Group acted as the underwriters for the IPO and Feltl and Company was co-manager.
How do I buy Check-Cap stock?
Shares of Check-Cap can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Check-Cap's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Check-Cap (NASDAQ CHEK)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Check-Cap and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Check-Cap stock can currently be purchased for approximately $1.71.
Earnings History for Check-Cap (NASDAQ:CHEK)Earnings History by Quarter for Check-Cap (NASDAQ CHEK)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
Earnings Estimates for Check-Cap (NASDAQ:CHEK)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.6300 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.5700 EPS
Dividend History for Check-Cap (NASDAQ:CHEK)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for Check-Cap (NASDAQ:CHEK)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Check-Cap (NASDAQ:CHEK)
Latest Headlines for Check-Cap (NASDAQ:CHEK)
Check-Cap (CHEK) Chart for Tuesday, October, 17, 2017