About Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ:CLVS)
Clovis Oncology, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on acquiring, developing and commercializing anti-cancer agents in the United States, Europe and other international markets. The Company's product candidates include Rociletinib, Rubraca (Rucaparib) and Lucitanib. Rucaparib is an oral, small molecule poly adenosine diphosphate (ADP)-ribose polymerase (PARP) inhibitor of PARP1, PARP2 and PARP3 approved as a monotherapy for the treatment of patients with deleterious breast cancer (BRCA) (human genes associated with the repair of damaged deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA)) mutation (germline and/or somatic) associated advanced ovarian cancer. Lucitanib is an oral inhibitor of the tyrosine kinase activity of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors (VEGFR) 1-3, platelet-derived growth factor receptors (PDGFR) alpha and beta and fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFR) 1-3. Rociletinib is an oral mutant-selective inhibitor of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR).
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Bio Therapeutic Drugs
- Sub-Industry: Biotechnology
- Symbol: NASDAQ:CLVS
- CUSIP: 18946410
- Web: www.clovisoncology.com
- Market Cap: $3.79 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 48,879,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $77.69
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $71.55
- 52 Week Range: $25.81 - $99.45
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -31.50
- P/E Growth: 0.12
- Annual Revenue: $21.74 million
- Price / Sales: 174.25
- Book Value: $7.04 per share
- Price / Book: 11.01
- EBITDA: ($242,160,000.00)
- Return on Equity: -177.30%
- Return on Assets: -47.13%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.82%
- Current Ratio: 3.26%
- Quick Ratio: 3.23%
- Average Volume: 1.59 million shs.
- Beta: 1.56
- Short Ratio: 4.95
Frequently Asked Questions for Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ:CLVS)
What is Clovis Oncology's stock symbol?
Clovis Oncology trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CLVS."
How were Clovis Oncology's earnings last quarter?
Clovis Oncology, Inc. (NASDAQ:CLVS) issued its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, August, 2nd. The company reported ($1.29) EPS for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($1.27) by $0.02. The company earned $14.62 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $13.07 million. The company's revenue was down 32.5% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the firm earned ($2.07) earnings per share. View Clovis Oncology's Earnings History.
When will Clovis Oncology make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Clovis Oncology's stock going? Where will Clovis Oncology's stock price be in 2017?
17 analysts have issued 12-month target prices for Clovis Oncology's stock. Their forecasts range from $38.00 to $125.00. On average, they expect Clovis Oncology's stock price to reach $85.79 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Clovis Oncology.
What are analysts saying about Clovis Oncology stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Clovis Oncology stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Clovis’ Rubraca registered impressive sales in the second quarter. The FDA’s accelerated approval to ovarian cancer treatment, Rubraca in Dec 2016 was a huge boost for the company. Rubraca has bright prospects, given the tremendous demand for PARP inhibitors. Clovis is focused on achieving continued approval for the drug. Rubraca is also under review in the EU for a comparable indication. Several studies on Rubraca, targeting different types of ovarian cancer patients, are currently underway. Promising progression-free survival and safety results from the ARIEL3 maintenance study in Jun 2017 are positives. However, with just one approved product in the portfolio, Clovis is heavily dependent on Rubraca for growth, which concerns us. Clovis’ shares have outperformed the industry so far this year. Loss Estimates have narrowed ahead of the Q3 earnings results. The company has a mixed record of earnings surprises in recent quarters." (10/17/2017)
- 2. Cann analysts commented, "In a presentation on Saturday at the 2017 European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Congress, Clovis Oncology released additional details from the results of the phase III ARIEL3 study of Rucraca. In addition to PFS results, Clovis presented response rate data from an exploratory analysis of investigator-assessed ORR for patients with measurable disease at baseline. These response rate data are consistent with the previously released PFS data." (9/11/2017)
- 3. Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The) analysts commented, "AZN (covered by Keyur Parekh) presented data from a Ph3 SOLO-2 maintenance ovarian cancer trial of Lynparza (PARP inhibitor) on March 14 at the SGO conference, which we believe has implications for CLVS (lead marketed drug Rubraca is also a PARP). CLVS, AZN and TSRO (not covered) all have PARP inhibitors that they are evaluating for use in the maintenance treatment of ovarian cancer." (3/15/2017)
- 4. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "This price assumes about a 40% market share for rucaparib throughout addressable ovarian cancer (OC). However, in deriving this target, we include sales in the maintenance setting for ovarian cancer with a weighting of 75% (some risk remains to ARIEL3) and note that full weighing of this unapproved usage would suggest a fair value of about $104. Furthermore, inclusion of sales in mCRPC, which we consider highly promising but where large trials are just starting, suggests a fair value for Clovis shares of about $182. We consider most of the ongoing trials for rucaparib to be relatively low risk, but with several other players also competing for each indication we believe a takeout price of about 50% of our best case scenario makes sense." (1/23/2017)
Who are some of Clovis Oncology's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Clovis Oncology include Bioverativ (BIVV), bluebird bio (BLUE), TESARO (TSRO), Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX), Juno Therapeutics (JUNO), BeiGene (BGNE), Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT), Agios Pharmaceuticals (AGIO), AveXis (AVXS), GW Pharmaceuticals PLC (GWPH), Loxo Oncology (LOXO), Spark Therapeutics (ONCE), Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO), Aerie Pharmaceuticals (AERI), Prothena Corporation PLC (PRTA), Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (RARE), China Biologic Products (CBPO) and Array BioPharma (ARRY).
Who are Clovis Oncology's key executives?
Clovis Oncology's management team includes the folowing people:
- M. James E. Barrett Ph.D., Independent Chairman of the Board
- Patrick J. Mahaffy, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Daniel W. Muehl, Senior Vice President of Finance, Principal Accounting Officer and Principal Financial Officer
- Gillian C. Ivers-Read, Executive Vice President - Technical Operations, Chief Regulatory Officer
- Lindsey Rolfe BSc, MB ChB, MRCP, F, Executive Vice President - Clinical and Pre-Clinical Development and Pharmacovigilance and Chief Medical Officer
- C. Dale Hooks, Senior Vice President, Chief Commercial Officer
- Brian G. Atwood, Independent Director
- James C. Blair Ph.D., Independent Director
- Keith T. Flaherty M.D., Independent Director
- Ginger L. Graham, Independent Director
Who owns Clovis Oncology stock?
Clovis Oncology's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Fisher Asset Management LLC (0.05%). Company insiders that own Clovis Oncology stock include Erle T Mast, Gillian C Ivers-Read, James C Blair and Lindsey Rolfe. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Clovis Oncology.
Who bought Clovis Oncology stock? Who is buying Clovis Oncology stock?
How do I buy Clovis Oncology stock?
Shares of Clovis Oncology can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Clovis Oncology's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ CLVS)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Clovis Oncology and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Clovis Oncology stock can currently be purchased for approximately $77.50.
Consensus Ratings for Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ:CLVS) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||7 Hold Ratings, 10 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.59)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$85.79 (10.69% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ:CLVS)
Analysts' Ratings History for Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ:CLVS)
(Data available from 10/23/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/10/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|9/18/2017||Leerink Swann||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$107.00||Low|
|9/14/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Initiated Coverage||Sector Perform||$81.00||Low|
|8/18/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Medium|
|8/16/2017||Evercore ISI||Initiated Coverage||In -> In-Line||$73.00||High|
|8/10/2017||Morgan Stanley||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||$93.00||Medium|
|8/3/2017||Bank of America Corporation||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|7/18/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Set Price Target||Buy||$107.00||Low|
|6/22/2017||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|6/20/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$67.00 -> $90.00||High|
|6/20/2017||Janney Montgomery Scott||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||Medium|
|6/19/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Boost Price Target||Buy||$86.00 -> $125.00||High|
|6/19/2017||Chardan Capital||Upgrade||Sell -> Neutral||$36.00 -> $50.00||High|
|3/28/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Set Price Target||Buy||$77.00||Low|
|12/21/2016||WallachBeth Capital||Boost Price Target||Hold||$22.00 -> $49.00||N/A|
|8/24/2016||Mizuho||Boost Price Target||Neutral||$15.00 -> $23.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ:CLVS)Earnings History by Quarter for Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ CLVS)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/2/2017||Q2 2017||($1.27)||($1.29)||$13.07 million||$14.62 million||View||Listen|
|5/3/2017||Q1 2017||($1.43)||($1.33)||$6.04 million||$7.05 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ:CLVS)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($4.97)
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($2.67)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ:CLVS)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ:CLVS)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 12.50%Insider Trades by Quarter for Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ:CLVS)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 98.94%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|10/16/2017||Gillian C Ivers-Read||Insider||Sell||3,000||$84.54||$253,620.00|| |
|9/15/2017||Gillian C Ivers-Read||Insider||Sell||3,000||$69.50||$208,500.00|| |
|8/15/2017||Gillian C Ivers-Read||Insider||Sell||3,000||$70.05||$210,150.00|| |
|8/4/2017||James C Blair||Director||Sell||18,450||$78.61||$1,450,354.50|| |
|7/17/2017||Gillian C Ivers-Read||Insider||Sell||3,000||$91.56||$274,680.00|| |
|6/15/2017||Gillian C Ivers-Read||Insider||Sell||3,000||$61.82||$185,460.00|| |
|5/15/2017||Gillian C Ivers-Read||Insider||Sell||3,000||$47.39||$142,170.00|| |
|4/17/2017||Gillian C Ivers-Read||Insider||Sell||3,000||$56.02||$168,060.00|| |
|3/15/2017||Gillian C Ivers-Read||Insider||Sell||3,000||$66.99||$200,970.00|| |
|11/2/2015||Erle T. Mast||CFO||Sell||3,000||$105.56||$316,680.00|| |
|10/28/2015||Lindsey Rolfe||insider||Sell||4,000||$98.02||$392,080.00|| |
|10/15/2015||Gillian C Ivers-Read||Insider||Sell||3,000||$91.91||$275,730.00|| |
|10/5/2015||Lindsey Rolfe||insider||Sell||4,000||$93.04||$372,160.00|| |
|10/1/2015||Erle T. Mast||CFO||Sell||3,000||$90.22||$270,660.00|| |
|9/18/2015||Gillian C Ivers-Read||Insider||Sell||3,000||$112.56||$337,680.00|| |
|9/1/2015||Erle T. Mast||CFO||Sell||3,000||$79.51||$238,530.00|| |
|7/1/2015||Erle T Mast||CFO||Sell||3,000||$85.70||$257,100.00|| |
|6/1/2015||Erle T Mast||CFO||Sell||3,000||$88.78||$266,340.00|| |
|5/15/2015||M James Barrett||Director||Sell||2,424||$92.43||$224,050.32|| |
|4/1/2015||Erle T Mast||CFO||Sell||3,000||$71.25||$213,750.00|| |
|3/9/2015||Erle T Mast||CFO||Sell||9,000||$78.84||$709,560.00|| |
|3/5/2015||James C Blair||Director||Sell||8,528||$77.70||$662,625.60|| |
|1/16/2015||Steven L Hoerter||Insider||Sell||10,000||$67.00||$670,000.00|| |
|12/11/2013||Erle Mast||CFO||Sell||50,000||$52.78||$2,639,000.00|| |
|12/5/2013||Thorlef Spickschen||Director||Sell||9,000||$56.10||$504,900.00|| |
|6/5/2013||Andrew R Allen||Insider||Sell||22,594||$68.54||$1,548,592.76|| |
|6/4/2013||M James Barrett||Director||Sell||2,483||$70.80||$175,796.40|| |
|6/4/2013||Parters Vii L P Domain||Major Shareholder||Sell||159,192||$64.58||$10,280,619.36|| |
|6/4/2013||Steven L Hoerter||Insider||Sell||10,000||$73.06||$730,600.00|| |
|3/6/2013||Parters Vii L P Domain||Major Shareholder||Sell||250,000||$24.59||$6,147,500.00|| |
|8/16/2012||Edward J Mckinley||Director||Buy||9,701||$15.50||$150,365.50|| |
Headline Trends for Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ:CLVS)
Latest Headlines for Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ:CLVS)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Clovis Oncology (CLVS) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017