About Chimerix (NASDAQ:CMRX)
Chimerix, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes medicines that address unmet medical needs in the United States. The company's lead product candidate is brincidofovir, an investigational nucleoside analog for the prevention of viral infections in hematopoietic or stem cell transplant recipients (HCT), as well as for the treatment of adenovirus infection and disease, smallpox, and BK virus infection in kidney and HCT transplant recipients. It is also developing CMX521, a nucleoside that is in Phase I clinical trials for the treatment and prevention of norovirus; and CMX157, a nucleoside analog, which is in Phase II clinical trials to treat HIV and hepatitis B virus infection. The company has license agreements with ContraVir Pharmaceuticals for the development and commercialization of CMX157 for various antiviral indications; and Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority for the development of brincidofovir for use in the treatment of smallpox. Chimerix, Inc. was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Durham, North Carolina.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Pharmaceutical preparations
Trailing P/E Ratio-3.04
Forward P/E Ratio-2.59
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$4.49 million
Price / Sales48.81
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$4.71 per share
Price / Book0.97
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($1.51)
Return on Equity-31.97%
Return on Assets-30.64%
Chimerix (NASDAQ:CMRX) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Chimerix's stock symbol?
Chimerix trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CMRX."
How were Chimerix's earnings last quarter?
Chimerix Inc (NASDAQ:CMRX) issued its earnings results on Monday, May, 7th. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($0.42) EPS for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of ($0.43) by $0.01. The biopharmaceutical company earned $0.79 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.12 million. Chimerix had a negative net margin of 1,736.95% and a negative return on equity of 31.97%. View Chimerix's Earnings History.
When is Chimerix's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for CMRX?
3 brokers have issued 12 month price targets for Chimerix's stock. Their forecasts range from $6.00 to $10.00. On average, they expect Chimerix's share price to reach $8.00 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Chimerix.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Chimerix stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Chimerix stock:
- 1. HC Wainwright analysts commented, "We think this announcement bodes well for the development and potential approval for brincidofovir for smallpox. As a reminder, oral brincidofovir is being developed for smallpox under the FDA’s Animal Rule, which allows for testing of investigational drugs in animal models to support effectiveness in diseases that are not ethical or feasible to study in humans. Results from a study of brincidofovir in a rabbit model of smallpox showed improved survival, even when treatment was initiated during the course of disease. In the pivotal Phase 3 study for the treatment of smallpox conducted in the rabbitpox model, brincidofovir achieved statistically significant (p<0.05) reductions in mortality in brincidofovir treated animals in comparison to placebo group."" (6/7/2018)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Chimerix, Inc. engages in the discovery, development and commercialization of oral antiviral therapeutics for various medical needs. The Company is developing various product candidates for the treatment of dsDNA viruses, HIV, hepatitis C, influenza and smallpox which are under different phases of clinical development. It is also screening our proprietary Chimerix Chemical Library for compounds with activity against dengue virus, malaria and tuberculosis. Chimerix, Inc. is headquartered in Durham, North Carolina. " (5/7/2018)
Who are some of Chimerix's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Chimerix include Collegium Pharmaceutical (COLL), Rocket Pharmaceuticals (RCKT), Dova Pharmaceuticals (DOVA), AMAG Pharmaceuticals (AMAG), Theratechnologies (THERF), CymaBay Therapeutics (CBAY), NuCana (NCNA), ANI Pharmaceuticals Inc Common Stock (ANIP), Amphastar Pharmaceuticals (AMPH), Abeona Therapeutics (ABEO), Inflarx (IFRX), Urogen Pharma (URGN), Vectura Group (VEGPF), Geron (GERN) and Homology Medicines (FIXX).
Who are Chimerix's key executives?
Chimerix's management team includes the folowing people:
- Dr. M. Michelle Berrey, Pres, CEO & Director (Age 51)
- Mr. Timothy W. Trost, Sr. VP, CFO, Principal Accounting Officer & Corp. Sec. (Age 60)
- Ms. Linda M. Richardson, Chief Strategy & Commercial Officer (Age 54)
- Dr. William Garrett Nichols M.D., MS, Chief Medical Officer (Age 49)
- Dr. Roy W. Ware Ph.D., MBA, Chief Manufacturing & Technology Officer
Has Chimerix been receiving favorable news coverage?
Media headlines about CMRX stock have trended somewhat positive this week, according to Accern. Accern identifies negative and positive news coverage by reviewing more than 20 million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Chimerix earned a daily sentiment score of 0.20 on Accern's scale. They also assigned media stories about the biopharmaceutical company an impact score of 45.05 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the near future.
Who are Chimerix's major shareholders?
Chimerix's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Redmile Group LLC (7.81%), BlackRock Inc. (7.20%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (4.85%), Victory Capital Management Inc. (0.60%), Millennium Management LLC (0.53%) and Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc. (0.39%). Company insiders that own Chimerix stock include Ernest Mario, John M Leonard, Linda M Richardson and M Michelle Berrey. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Chimerix.
Which major investors are selling Chimerix stock?
CMRX stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Redmile Group LLC, BlackRock Inc., Granite Investment Partners LLC and Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc.. Company insiders that have sold Chimerix company stock in the last year include Ernest Mario and Linda M Richardson. View Insider Buying and Selling for Chimerix.
Which major investors are buying Chimerix stock?
CMRX stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Millennium Management LLC, A.R.T. Advisors LLC, Victory Capital Management Inc., MetLife Investment Advisors LLC, Quantitative Systematic Strategies LLC, Alps Advisors Inc. and Wells Fargo & Company MN. Company insiders that have bought Chimerix stock in the last two years include Ernest Mario and M Michelle Berrey. View Insider Buying and Selling for Chimerix.
How do I buy shares of Chimerix?
Shares of CMRX can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Chimerix's stock price today?
One share of CMRX stock can currently be purchased for approximately $4.59.
How big of a company is Chimerix?
Chimerix has a market capitalization of $219.19 million and generates $4.49 million in revenue each year. The biopharmaceutical company earns $-70,980,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($1.51) on an earnings per share basis. Chimerix employs 82 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Chimerix?
Chimerix's mailing address is 2505 MERIDIAN PARKWAY SUITE 100, DURHAM NC, 27713. The biopharmaceutical company can be reached via phone at 919-806-1074 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Chimerix (CMRX)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Chimerix and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe CMRX will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe CMRX will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.