About CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
CymaBay Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on developing therapies to treat metabolic diseases, including serious rare and orphan diseases. The Company's product candidates include Arhalofenate, MBX-8025 and MBX-2982. Arhalofenate is used to treat gout. MBX-8025 is a selective agonist for the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta (PPARd). The Company has completed over five Phase I clinical studies and a Phase II clinical study for MBX-8025. MBX-2982 is an oral, G-protein coupled receptor agonist being evaluated as a therapeutic agent for patients with Type 2 diabetes (T2DM), with a dual mechanism, including direct effects and indirect effects mediated by gastrointestinal hormones known as incretins on glucose-dependent insulin secretion, as well as potentially beneficial effects on islet health. The Company has completed over four Phase I clinical studies and a Phase II clinical study for MBX-2982.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Bio Therapeutic Drugs
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:CBAY
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.cymabay.com
- Market Cap: $344.8 million
- Outstanding Shares: 43,756,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $7.59
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $5.82
- 52 Week Range: $1.15 - $9.20
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -10.65
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: $4.79 million
- Price / Sales: 71.98
- Book Value: $0.07 per share
- Price / Book: 112.57
- EBITDA: ($20,290,000.00)
- Return on Equity: -425.44%
- Return on Assets: -122.91%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 2.15%
- Current Ratio: 1.49%
- Quick Ratio: 1.49%
- Average Volume: 855,312 shs.
- Beta: 2.22
- Short Ratio: 0.5
Frequently Asked Questions for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
What is CymaBay Therapeutics' stock symbol?
CymaBay Therapeutics trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CBAY."
How were CymaBay Therapeutics' earnings last quarter?
CymaBay Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:CBAY) posted its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, August, 10th. The company reported ($0.31) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.25) by $0.06. View CymaBay Therapeutics' Earnings History.
When will CymaBay Therapeutics make its next earnings announcement?
Where is CymaBay Therapeutics' stock going? Where will CymaBay Therapeutics' stock price be in 2017?
9 analysts have issued 12-month price objectives for CymaBay Therapeutics' stock. Their predictions range from $12.00 to $16.00. On average, they expect CymaBay Therapeutics' stock price to reach $14.00 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for CymaBay Therapeutics.
What are analysts saying about CymaBay Therapeutics stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about CymaBay Therapeutics stock:
- 1. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "Interim Phase 2 data as good as it gets. Seladelpar’s efficacy in PBC was established in a Phase 2 trial that tested 50mg or 200mg daily doses. Problematic were safety signals that led to termination of the study." (9/19/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "CymaBay Therapeutics Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company. It is focused on the development and commercialization of proprietary new medicines for important human diseases. The Company's lead product candidate, arhalofenate, is being developed for the treatment of gout. CymaBay Therapeutics Inc. is based in Newark, California. " (9/18/2017)
- 3. HC Wainwright analysts commented, " Recall, on December 7, CymaBay initiated an open-label, dose-ranging Phase 2 study (NCT02955602) of seladelpar (MBX-8025) in about 36 patients with primary biliary cholangitis (PBC) who are not adequately responding to, or are intolerant of, ursodeoxycholic acid (UCDA). Notably, the study sites are located in U.S., Canada, Germany and the U.K. Per protocol, patients are randomized to either 5 mg or 10 mg for 8 weeks. Based on review of the safety and efficacy of the 8 week data, new patients are then enrolled to receive 25 mg of seladelpar for 8 weeks. We also point out that the study incorporates an extension phase where patients are able to continue treatment for a total of 26 weeks, thus allowing for dose adjustments. In this trial, the primary endpoint is the reduction of alkaline phosphate (ALP) from baseline. Preliminary results from the first two cohorts (5 mg and 10 mg) are expected in early 3Q17 (likely July), with data readout of the third cohort (25 mg) anticipated by year end. Ahead of this important, near-term value inflection, we affirm our Buy rating on CBAY shares and raise our price target to $7." (3/27/2017)
- 4. Piper Jaffray Companies analysts commented, "CymaBay ended 2016 with cash of $17 million, and subsequently CymaBay received $5 million upfront from Kowa in January and raised net proceeds of $9.2 million in February bringing pro forma cash to ~$31 million. CymaBay will report Phase II data on 5mg and 10mg seladelpar in primary biliary cholangitis (PBC) in 3Q:17 followed by 25mg seladelpar data in 4Q:17. We will look for ALP reduction with enhanced liver safety following 3 transaminase elevations at higher doses in the prior study. Encouraging preclinical data for seladelpar in NASH could lead to a pre-IND meeting with the FDA in 2Q:17. CymaBay has partnered Phase III-ready arhalophenate with Kowa in the U.S., and could partner in Europe. We reiterate our Overweight rating and are increasing our price target to $6.50 from $5 by adding value for seladelpar in NASH." (3/24/2017)
Are investors shorting CymaBay Therapeutics?
CymaBay Therapeutics saw a increase in short interest during the month of September. As of September 29th, there was short interest totalling 1,489,737 shares, an increase of 35.1% from the September 15th total of 1,102,943 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 838,810 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is currently 1.8 days. Currently, 3.7% of the shares of the company are sold short.
Who are some of CymaBay Therapeutics' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to CymaBay Therapeutics include Intra-Cellular Therapies (ITCI), Coherus BioSciences (CHRS), Dova Pharmaceuticals (DOVA), Aduro Biotech (ADRO), Adaptimmune Therapeutics PLC (ADAP), G1 Therapeutics (GTHX), Paratek Pharmaceuticals (PRTK), MacroGenics (MGNX), Synergy Pharmaceuticals (SGYP), Axovant Sciences Ltd (AXON), Madrigal Pharmaceuticals (MDGL), Calithera Biosciences (CALA), Achaogen (AKAO), Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN), Insys Therapeutics (INSY), Nightstar Therapeutics PLC (NITE), Aurinia Pharmaceuticals (AUPH) and Karyopharm Therapeutics (KPTI).
Who are CymaBay Therapeutics' key executives?
CymaBay Therapeutics' management team includes the folowing people:
- Robert James Wills Ph.D., Chairman of the Board
- Sujal Shah, Interim President, Interim Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer
- Charles A. McWherter Ph.D, Senior Vice President, Chief Scientific Officer
- Daniel Menold, Vice President - Finance, Principal Financial Officer, Principal Accounting Officer
- Kirk Rosemark, Vice President - Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance
- Pol F. Boudes M.D., Chief Medical Officer
- Robert Booth Ph.D., Director
- Caroline Loewy, Director
- Evan A. Stein M.D. Ph.D., Director
- Paul F. Truex, Director
How do I buy CymaBay Therapeutics stock?
Shares of CymaBay Therapeutics can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is CymaBay Therapeutics' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ CBAY)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about CymaBay Therapeutics and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of CymaBay Therapeutics stock can currently be purchased for approximately $7.88.
Consensus Ratings for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||9 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 3.00)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$14.00 (77.66% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
Analysts' Ratings History for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
(Data available from 10/23/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|9/26/2017||Cantor Fitzgerald||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$16.00||High|
|8/23/2017||Leerink Swann||Initiated Coverage||Outperform -> Outperform||$12.00||Low|
|8/18/2017||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Initiated Coverage||Buy -> Buy||$15.00||High|
|8/11/2017||Ifs Securities||Downgrade||Strong-Buy -> Outperform||High|
|7/25/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Positive -> Overweight||$12.00||Low|
|7/20/2017||CIBC||Reiterated Rating||Outperform -> Outperform||$8.00 -> $15.00||Medium|
|7/20/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Boost Price Target||Outperform||$8.00 -> $15.00||Medium|
|7/20/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$8.00 -> $15.00||Medium|
|7/17/2017||HC Wainwright||Boost Price Target||Buy||$7.00 -> $12.00||High|
|7/1/2016||Roth Capital||Initiated Coverage||Buy||N/A|
Earnings History for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)Earnings History by Quarter for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ CBAY)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/11/2017||Q1 2017||($0.27)||($0.20)||$4.79 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.85)
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.28
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 15.10%Insider Trades by Quarter for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 25.91%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|10/3/2017||Kurt Von Emster||Director||Sell||108,876||$7.85||$854,676.60|| |
|9/29/2017||Kurt Von Emster||Director||Sell||211,124||$8.09||$1,707,993.16|| |
|8/1/2017||Robert James Wills||Director||Buy||5,000||$6.84||$34,200.00|| |
|7/20/2017||Charles Mcwherter||SVP||Buy||5,000||$7.43||$37,150.00|| |
|7/20/2017||Sujal Shah||Insider||Buy||10,000||$7.34||$73,400.00|| |
|9/6/2016||Robert James Wills||Director||Buy||25,000||$2.43||$60,750.00|| |
|4/15/2016||Charles Mcwherter||VP||Buy||3,000||$1.68||$5,040.00|| |
|4/5/2016||Sujal Shah||CFO||Buy||55,000||$1.39||$76,450.00|| |
|4/4/2016||Sujal Shah||CFO||Buy||22,000||$1.39||$30,580.00|| |
|9/11/2015||Carl Goldfischer||Director||Sell||46,729||$2.74||$128,037.46|| |
|8/14/2015||Emster Kurt Von||Director||Buy||90,000||$2.69||$242,100.00|| |
|7/20/2015||Emster Kurt Von||Director||Buy||1,600,000||$2.81||$4,496,000.00|| |
|5/18/2015||Sujal Shah||CFO||Buy||10,000||$3.40||$34,000.00|| |
|5/18/2015||Wart Harold Van||CEO||Buy||7,500||$3.34||$25,050.00|| |
|5/15/2015||Charles Mcwherter||VP||Buy||2,000||$3.16||$6,320.00|| |
Headline Trends for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
Latest Headlines for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
Loading headlines, please wait.
CymaBay Therapeutics (CBAY) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017