About Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a biotechnology company. The Company focuses on the development and commercialization of medicines to treat liver disease. The Company operates through commercialization and development of pharmaceutical products segment. The Company is engaged in developing emricasan, which is an orally active pan-caspase protease inhibitor for the treatment of patients with chronic liver disease. Emricasan has the potential to interrupt the progression of liver disease and provide treatment options in multiple areas of liver disease. Emricasan is designed to slow or halt the progression of chronic liver disease caused by fibrosis and cirrhosis. Emricasan works by inhibiting caspases, which are a family of related enzymes that plays as modulators of critical cellular functions, including functions that result in apoptosis and inflammation.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:CNAT
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.conatuspharma.com
- Market Cap: $138.7 million
- Outstanding Shares: 26,169,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $6.83
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $4.60
- 52 Week Range: $1.45 - $9.40
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 48.18
- P/E Growth: -0.18
- Annual Revenue: $7.8 million
- Price / Sales: 17.78
- Book Value: $0.74 per share
- Price / Book: 7.16
- EBIDTA: ($26,140,000.00)
- Return on Equity: -87.43%
- Return on Assets: -75.63%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.04%
- Current Ratio: 8.13%
- Quick Ratio: 8.13%
- Average Volume: 930,687 shs.
- Beta: 1.34
- Short Ratio: 3.53
Frequently Asked Questions for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
What is Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock symbol?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CNAT."
How were Conatus Pharmaceuticals' earnings last quarter?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:CNAT) issued its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, May, 4th. The company reported ($0.14) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.34) by $0.20. The company had revenue of $7 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $5.88 million. During the same period in the prior year, the company earned ($0.35) EPS. View Conatus Pharmaceuticals' Earnings History.
When will Conatus Pharmaceuticals make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock going? Where will Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock price be in 2017?
8 equities research analysts have issued 1 year target prices for Conatus Pharmaceuticals' shares. Their predictions range from $7.00 to $26.00. On average, they expect Conatus Pharmaceuticals' share price to reach $14.50 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Conatus Pharmaceuticals.
What are analysts saying about Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock:
- 1. Aegis analysts commented, "We believe that Novartis will likely exercise its option for worldwide exclusive rights to Emricasan. Potential Combination Products. Under the agreement, Novartis’ option includes the ability to develop products using either Emricasan as the sole active ingredient or in combination with other compounds in its pipeline (e.g., farnesoid X). The tiered royalties payable to Conatus for these potential combination products range from high-single digits to mid-teens and are subject to certain reductions." (3/16/2017)
- 2. FBR & Co analysts commented, "We think the strong pairing formed when Conatus Pharmaceuticals signed an option, collaboration, and licensing agreement with Novartis (NVS) firmly de-risked the path for completing clinical development of CNAT's Phase III ready liver disease drug emricasan, which is the most clinically advanced drug candidate in liver cirrhosis. In particular, we look for CNAT to benefit from collaborative synergies with NVS's expertise in liver disease research, and its track record of success in drug development and commercialization. As it is now a key new program in NVS's pipeline of $1B-plus potential product candidates, we also think this deal validates the value of emricasan, with the $650M deal recognition of emricasan's potential application in liver diseases with different etiologies. Therefore, we reiterate our Outperform rating." (3/15/2017)
- 3. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Conatus’ progress with the lead candidate, emricasan, has been encouraging. Emricasan is in phase II development for the treatment of chronic liver disease, including NASH fibrosis. Conatus also plans to initiate studies on emricasan targeting different types of NASH patient populations. Given the lack of approved therapies for NASH and the significant market opportunity, its efforts to develop emricasan are promising. Moreover, the lucrative deal signed with Novartis, which will see the companies collaborating for the development and commercialization of emricasan, is a big positive. However, the stock has underperformed the industry so far this year. Emricasan is still several years away from entering the market, if at all. Any development/regulatory setback could hamper Conatus’ prospects. Estimates have come down lately ahead of the Q4 results." (3/14/2017)
Are investors shorting Conatus Pharmaceuticals?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals saw a drop in short interest during the month of April. As of April 13th, there was short interest totalling 793,755 shares, a drop of 44.0% from the March 31st total of 1,417,768 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 1,214,842 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 0.7 days. Currently, 3.7% of the company's shares are short sold.
Who are some of Conatus Pharmaceuticals' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Conatus Pharmaceuticals include SIGA Technologies (SIGA), GlycoMimetics (GLYC), Dynavax Technologies (DVAX), Sinovac Biotech (SVA), Nabriva Therapeutics AG - (NBRV), Compugen (CGEN), Kamada Ltd (KMDA), Idera Pharmaceuticals (IDRA), Akebia Therapeutics (AKBA), Curis (CRIS), Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (AVXL), Abeona Therapeutics (ABEO), Cascadian Therapeutics (CASC), Aratana Therapeutics (PETX), Codexis (CDXS), Chimerix (CMRX), Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR) and Cempra (CEMP).
Who owns Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Vanguard Group Inc. (2.93%), AXA (1.78%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (0.90%), United Capital Financial Advisers LLC (0.59%), Acadian Asset Management LLC (0.57%) and Courage Capital Management LLC (0.48%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Conatus Pharmaceuticals.
Who sold Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock? Who is selling Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock?
Who bought Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock? Who is buying Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Vanguard Group Inc., Acadian Asset Management LLC, Nationwide Fund Advisors, Renaissance Technologies LLC, Morgan Stanley, Courage Capital Management LLC, Geode Capital Management LLC and Bank of New York Mellon Corp. View Insider Buying and Selling for Conatus Pharmaceuticals.
How do I buy Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock?
Shares of Conatus Pharmaceuticals can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock cost?
One share of Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock can currently be purchased for approximately $5.30.
Earnings History for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)Earnings History by Quarter for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/1/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|5/4/2017||Q1 2017||($0.34)||($0.14)||$5.88 million||$7.00 million||View||Listen|
|3/15/2017||Q4 2016||($0.32)||($0.35)||$0.80 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.62)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
Latest Headlines for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
Conatus Pharmaceuticals (CNAT) Chart for Monday, May, 22, 2017