About Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME)
Cardiome Pharma Corp. (Cardiome) is a specialty pharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in the development and commercialization of cardiovascular therapies for heart disease. The Company's segments are Europe and Rest of World. Cardiome has two marketed, in-hospital, cardiology products, which include BRINAVESS (vernakalant IV), approved in Europe and other territories for the conversion of onset atrial fibrillation (AF) to sinus rhythm in adults, and AGGRASTAT (tirofiban hydrochloride (HCl)), indicated for use in patients with acute coronary syndrome. Cardiome also commercializes ESMOCARD and ESMOCARD LYO (esmolol hydrochloride), a short-acting beta-blocker used to control heart rate in various cardiovascular indications, in select European markets. Cardiome has also licensed TREVYENT, a development-stage drug device combination product that is under development for pulmonary arterial hypertension, in certain regions outside the United States.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Biopharmaceuticals
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:CRME
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.cardiome.com
- Market Cap: $60.5 million
- Outstanding Shares: 33,801,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $2.16
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $3.36
- 52 Week Range: $1.77 - $4.84
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -4.26
- P/E Growth: -0.10
- Annual Revenue: $23.21 million
- Price / Sales: 2.61
- Book Value: $0.85 per share
- Price / Book: 2.11
- EBITDA: ($17,410,000.00)
- Net Margins: -110.95%
- Return on Equity: -78.51%
- Return on Assets: -38.30%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.99%
- Current Ratio: 4.81%
- Quick Ratio: 4.12%
- Average Volume: 142,735 shs.
- Beta: 1.08
- Short Ratio: 5.61
Frequently Asked Questions for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME)
What is Cardiome Pharma Corporation's stock symbol?
Cardiome Pharma Corporation trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CRME."
How were Cardiome Pharma Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME) issued its earnings results on Tuesday, August, 8th. The company reported ($0.26) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.18) by $0.08. The firm had revenue of $5.75 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $6.88 million. Cardiome Pharma Corporation had a negative return on equity of 78.51% and a negative net margin of 110.95%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was down 2.5% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm posted ($0.37) EPS. View Cardiome Pharma Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Cardiome Pharma Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Cardiome Pharma Corporation's stock going? Where will Cardiome Pharma Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
4 brokers have issued twelve-month target prices for Cardiome Pharma Corporation's stock. Their predictions range from $4.75 to $10.00. On average, they expect Cardiome Pharma Corporation's share price to reach $7.58 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Cardiome Pharma Corporation.
What are analysts saying about Cardiome Pharma Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cardiome Pharma Corporation stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Cardiome Pharma Corp. is a product-focused cardiovascular drug development company with two clinical drug programs focused on atrial arrhythmia (intravenous and oral dosing), and a pre-clinical program directed at improving cardiovascular function. " (10/10/2017)
- 2. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "Date and time of first dissemination: August 21, 2017, 09:42 ET Date and time of production: August 21, 2017, 09:42 ET Target Price / Valuation Methodology: Cardiome Pharma Corp. – CRME Discounted cash flow analysis supports an $8 valuation for CRME shares Our discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis leads us to a 12-month valuation of around $8/share for CRME, assuming continued progress on the Brinavess Canada and Xydalba launches along with a potential Trevyent launch in 2019. We estimate a weighted average cost of capital (WACC) of 11.2%, which assumes an 88% equity/total capital structure at a 10.3% cost of equity capital and a 12% debt/total capital structure at a 14% cost of debt. We use a long-term estimated tax rate of 22% and a terminal growth decline of 1% in our analysis. For cash management purposes, our analysis assumes an equity raise in 2H/17 but management has not publicly commented on the possibility of future capital raises. Risks to achieving Target Price / Valuation: Cardiome Pharma Corp. – CRME OUS payers and providers can be more difficult to predict – Given the relative lack of market data compared to the US coupled with a fragmented payer landscape, variability in physician training and standard of care modalities, and different preferences in patient populations in OUS markets, the marketability of a product in these environments can be more difficult to predict than in the US." (8/21/2017)
Who are some of Cardiome Pharma Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Cardiome Pharma Corporation include KalVista Pharmaceuticals (KALV), Alimera Sciences (ALIM), VIVUS (VVUS), Opiant Pharmaceuticals (OPNT), Chiasma (CHMA), Cesca Therapeutics (KOOL), Tokai Pharmaceuticals (NVUS), Ocera Therapeutics (OCRX), Onconova Therapeutics (ONTX), Catalyst Biosciences (CBIO), Sonoma Pharmaceuticals (SNOA), Argos Therapeutics (ARGS), Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL), Baxalta (BXLT), Horizon Therapeutics (HPTX), Ocera Therapeutics (TZYM), Transition Therapeutics (TTHI) and Vitae Pharmaceuticals (VTAE).
Who are Cardiome Pharma Corporation's key executives?
Cardiome Pharma Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- W. James O'Shea, Independent Chairman of the Board
- William L. Hunter M.D., President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Justin A. Renz, Chief Financial Officer
- Sheila M. Grant, Chief Operating Officer
- David D. McMasters J.D., Corporate General Counsel
- David C. Dean, Chief Business Development Officer
- Jennifer Archibald CPA, Chief Business Operations Officer
- Hugues Sachot, Chief Commercial Officer
- Richard M. Glickman LL.D., Lead Independent Director
- Mark H.N. Corrigan M.D., Independent Director
Who owns Cardiome Pharma Corporation stock?
How do I buy Cardiome Pharma Corporation stock?
Shares of Cardiome Pharma Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Cardiome Pharma Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ CRME)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Cardiome Pharma Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Cardiome Pharma Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $1.79.
Earnings History for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME)Earnings History by Quarter for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ CRME)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|11/6/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|8/8/2017||6/30/2017||($0.18)||($0.26)||$6.88 million||$5.75 million||View||Listen|
|5/15/2017||3/31/2017||($0.15)||($0.20)||$6.96 million||$5.19 million||View||N/A|
|3/7/2017||Q4||($0.16)||($0.18)||$6.72 million||$7.00 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2016||Q316||($0.20)||($0.19)||$5.68 million||$5.20 million||View||Listen|
|8/9/2016||Q216||($0.19)||($0.37)||$6.73 million||$5.90 million||View||N/A|
|5/13/2016||Q116||($0.21)||($0.06)||$6.34 million||$7.10 million||View||Listen|
|3/10/2016||Q415||($0.19)||($0.37)||$7.74 million||$4.70 million||View||Listen|
|11/13/2015||Q315||($0.23)||($0.31)||$7.08 million||$5.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/5/2015||Q215||($0.25)||($0.43)||$7.67 million||$5.70 million||View||N/A|
|5/13/2015||Q115||($0.28)||($0.23)||$7.48 million||$5.50 million||View||Listen|
|3/12/2015||Q414||($0.14)||($0.39)||$8.54 million||$7.00 million||View||N/A|
|11/7/2014||Q314||($0.13)||($0.26)||$6.20 million||$7.81 million||View||N/A|
|8/11/2014||Q2 2014||($0.16)||($0.26)||$6.77 million||$7.67 million||View||N/A|
|5/12/2014||Q114||($0.11)||($0.20)||$8.08 million||$7.60 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.54)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME)
Latest Headlines for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Cardiome Pharma Corporation (CRME) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017