About Fastenal Company
Fastenal Company is engaged in wholesale distribution of industrial and construction supplies. The Company distributes these supplies through a network of approximately 2,600 Company-owned stores. The Company sells industrial and construction supplies to end users (business-to-business), and also has a walk-in retail business. The Company operates approximately 10 distribution centers in North America. The Company's original product offerings were fasteners and other industrial and construction supplies, many of which are sold under the Fastenal product name. The Company's product line consists of approximately two categories, including threaded fasteners, such as bolts, nuts, screws, studs and related washers, and miscellaneous supplies and hardware, such as various pins and machinery keys, concrete anchors, metal framing systems, wire rope, strut, rivets and related accessories. Its customers are in the manufacturing and non-residential construction markets.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Industrial Equipment Wholesale
- Sub-Industry: Trading Companies & Distributors
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: FAST
- CUSIP: 31190010
- Previous Close: $50.71
- 50 Day Moving Average: $49.27
- 200 Day Moving Average: $44.66
- 52-Week Range: $37.70 - $51.56
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 29.33
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 25.10
- P/E Growth: 2.35
- Market Cap: $14.67B
- Outstanding Shares: 289,247,000
- Beta: 1.02
- Net Margins: 12.61%
- Return on Equity: 26.52%
- Return on Assets: 18.60%
Companies Related to Fastenal Company:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.20%
- Current Ratio: 6.24%
- Quick Ratio: 2.64%
What is Fastenal Company's stock symbol?
Fastenal Company trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "FAST."
How often does Fastenal Company pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Fastenal Company?
Fastenal Company declared a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, January 17th. Stockholders of record on Wednesday, February 1st will be paid a dividend of $0.32 per share on Tuesday, February 28th. This represents a $1.28 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.52%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Monday, January 30th. This is a positive change from Fastenal Company's previous quarterly dividend of $0.30.
Where is Fastenal Company's stock going? Where will Fastenal Company's stock price be in 2017?
14 brokers have issued 12 month price targets for Fastenal Company's shares. Their forecasts range from $38.00 to $57.00. On average, they expect Fastenal Company's stock price to reach $48.81 in the next twelve months.
When will Fastenal Company announce their earnings?
Fastenal Company is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Wednesday, April, 12th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Fastenal Company stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Fastenal Company stock:
- Credit Suisse Group analysts commented, "FAST put up a good operational Q4 beat and exceeded GM expectations which were helped by cost initiatives. However, Q4 felt fairly similar to Q3 from a demand perspective - in fact, December ADS was even shy of expectations (and so were Oct-Nov). There were areas of improvement, particularly with oil/processing customers, yet core industrial customers were largely unchanged. FAST traded up 6% on just a modest $0.02 beat which continues to reflect how the market is discounting current trends in favor of distributors' early/short cycle leverage in out years. The play here is less about fundamental EPS upside and more so where the multiple goes, in our view. In fact, our EPS est's are only increasing 2.8% and 4.7% for 2017 and 2018, respectively. Expectations are soaring, and sooner or later FAST's ADS will need to accelerate to justify its multiple. At current levels, we don't see a favorable enough risk/reward, keeping us sidelined. Our $49 TP (from $41) assumes 27x our 2018 EPS of $2.00, discounted back, and we reiterate our Neutral rating. We are raising 2017 and 2017 EPS estimates to $1.83 and $2 (from $1.78 and $1.91)." (1/19/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Fastenal performance of the industrial fastener business has worsened, with daily sales growth rate of industrial fasteners slipping into negatives. Meanwhile, an unfavorable customer mix and product mix, pricing and competitive pressures are hurting gross margins. Although shares of Fastenal outperformed the Zacks categorized Building Products - Retail/Wholesale industry in the last one year period, estimates have moved slightly downward before the fourth quarter earnings release. Though various cost-saving initiatives are expected to boost the bottom line, we believe a material improvement will take time." (1/9/2017)
Who owns Fastenal Company stock?
Fastenal Company's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include State Street Corp (4.15%), Ruane Cunniff & Goldfarb Inc. (3.25%), Route One Investment Company L.P. (0.87%), Ashmore Wealth Management LLC (0.44%), Flinton Capital Management LLC (0.42%) and FMR LLC (0.40%). Company insiders that own Fastenal Company stock include Daniel L Florness, Gary A Polipnick, James C Jansen, John Lewis Soderberg, Kenneth R Nance, Leland J Hein, Michael J Ancius, Nicholas J Lundquist, Reyne K Wisecup, Rita J Heise, Sheryl Ann Lisowski, Steven A Rucinski and Terry Modock Owen.
Who sold Fastenal Company stock? Who is selling Fastenal Company stock?
Fastenal Company's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Ruane Cunniff & Goldfarb Inc., Route One Investment Company L.P., Janus Capital Management LLC, Brown Capital Management LLC, Ashmore Wealth Management LLC, Zebra Capital Management LLC, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP and Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc.. Company insiders that have sold Fastenal Company stock in the last year include Daniel L Florness, Leland J Hein, Reyne K Wisecup and Sheryl Ann Lisowski.
Who bought Fastenal Company stock? Who is buying Fastenal Company stock?
Fastenal Company's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Flinton Capital Management LLC, TCW Group Inc., FMR LLC, Tyers Asset Management LLC, State Street Corp, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Asset Management One Co. Ltd. and AMF Pensionsforsakring AB. Company insiders that have bought Fastenal Company stock in the last two years include Gary A Polipnick, Michael J Ancius, Nicholas J Lundquist and Rita J Heise.
How do I buy Fastenal Company stock?
Shares of Fastenal Company can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Fastenal Company stock cost?
One share of Fastenal Company stock can currently be purchased for approximately $50.71.