Francesca's Holdings Corporation is a holding company. The Company is a specialty retailer, which operates a chain of boutiques across the United States. The Company offers a mix of apparel, jewelry, accessories and gifts. As of January 28, 2017, the Company operated 671 boutiques in 48 states and the District of Columbia, and also served its customers through www.francescas.com, its e-commerce Website. The Company offers apparel, such as dresses, fashion tops, sweaters, cardigans and wraps, bottoms, outerwear and jackets, tees and tanks, and intimates. The Company provides jewelry, such as necklaces, earrings, bracelets and rings. The Company offers accessories, such as handbags, clutches, wallets, shoes, belts, hats, scarves, sunglasses, watches and hair accessories. The Company provides gifts, such as fragrance, candles, bath and body, home accessories, books, wall art, nail polish and miscellaneous items. The Company operates its boutiques under the francesca's brand.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: Apparel & Accessories Retailers
- Sub-Industry: Apparel Retail
- Symbol: NASDAQ:FRAN
- CUSIP: 35179310
- Web: www.francescas.com
- Market Cap: $258.24 million
- Outstanding Shares: 37,123,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $7.94
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $12.01
- 52 Week Range: $6.71 - $22.39
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 7.26
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 8.68
- P/E Growth: 0.95
- Annual Revenue: $493.21 million
- Price / Sales: 0.53
- Book Value: $3.14 per share
- Price / Book: 2.24
- EBIDTA: $78.79 million
- Net Margins: 7.28%
- Return on Equity: 31.88%
- Return on Assets: 18.83%
- Current Ratio: 2.13%
- Quick Ratio: 1.37%
- Average Volume: 1.20 million shs.
- Beta: 0.18
- Short Ratio: 5.35
Frequently Asked Questions for Francesca's Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:FRAN)
What is Francesca's Holdings Corporation's stock symbol?
Francesca's Holdings Corporation trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "FRAN."
How were Francesca's Holdings Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Francesca's Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:FRAN) released its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, September, 6th. The company reported $0.20 earnings per share for the quarter, hitting the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.20. The business had revenue of $119.70 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $119.80 million. Francesca's Holdings Corporation had a net margin of 7.28% and a return on equity of 31.88%. The company's quarterly revenue was up 3.8% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the firm earned $0.27 earnings per share. View Francesca's Holdings Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Francesca's Holdings Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Francesca's Holdings Corporation issued on next quarter's earnings?
Francesca's Holdings Corporation updated its FY18 earnings guidance on Wednesday, September, 6th. The company provided earnings per share (EPS) guidance of $0.71-0.81 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of $1.00. The company issued revenue guidance of $481-491 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $512.05 million.Francesca's Holdings Corporation also updated its Q3 guidance to $0.00-0.05 EPS.
Where is Francesca's Holdings Corporation's stock going? Where will Francesca's Holdings Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
8 analysts have issued 12-month target prices for Francesca's Holdings Corporation's stock. Their predictions range from $8.00 to $21.00. On average, they expect Francesca's Holdings Corporation's stock price to reach $13.86 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Francesca's Holdings Corporation.
What are analysts saying about Francesca's Holdings Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Francesca's Holdings Corporation stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Francesca's Holdings Corporation is a specialty retailer of women's apparel products. The Company operates a chain of retail boutiques in the United States. It offers apparel, jewelry, accessories, and gifts to female customers. The company also sells its products through e-commerce Website, francescascollections.com. Francesca's Holdings Corporation is headquartered in Houston, Texas. " (8/22/2017)
- 2. Wedbush analysts commented, "The takeaways from FRAN's 4Q16 conference call skewed positive on the operating front, with the company committing to marking down goods more quickly (which should drive improved inventory turn) and outlining several planned initiatives that should screen positive for 2017 results (including a loyalty program, improved Omnichannel functionality and further increases in marketing spend). 1Q17 sales and earnings guidance came in below consensus however, as challenging mall traffic trends are weighing on FRAN's sales trends, similar to most peers. We note FY17 guidance assumes comp trends improve throughout the year, with deliverability likely hinging on the degree to which the company's internal initiatives can overcome strengthening compares in 2H17. We remain NEUTRAL." (3/21/2017)
- 3. Mizuho analysts commented, "We believe "better than feared" in-line FY17 guidance provided some comfort to investors that a below consensus 1Q outlook may be due to external factors like weather, calendar shift and tax refunds rather than a business misstep. We also believe management is executing on the right strategies by launching omnichannel initiatives, enhancing CRM capabilities, and broadening awareness with marketing spend more on par with peers. That said, with plans to open ~60-65 stores in 2017 (unwavering LT goal of 900 locations) along with current valuation of 13.3x FY18 P/E, we maintain our Neutral rating and are lowering PT to $17 (from $18) on 14x our new FY18 EPS estimate of $1.20." (3/21/2017)
- 4. FBR & Co analysts commented, "FRAN reported 4Q16 EPS of $0.39, versus FBR/consensus estimates of $0.36/$0.37. The beat was driven by better-than-expected SGA margin. Management noted the tough environment so far in 1Q given traffic pressure, but it expects 1Q to be back-end loaded with Easter three weeks later YOY. Management guided 1Q17 well below the Street at $0.12 to $0.16 (vs. FBR/ consensus of $0.18/$0.21) and guided 2017 to $1.11 to $1.21 (vs. FBR/consensus of $1.06/$1.18). While we believe FRAN is performing relatively better than peers in a tough environment and 1Q was guided below the Street, providing a conservative 1Q base, we are cautious on guidance for the remainder of the year as most of the GM expansion is coming in 4Q, and management expects SSS to be positive the rest of the year (driven by new POS, omni, loyalty IT implemented by holiday), even as compares get tougher in 2H17. We reiterate our Underperform rating." (3/21/2017)
- 5. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "Francesca’s reported above-consensus EPS driven by better-than-expected SSS, GM, and SG&A. With a high-quality beat and a solid 4Q outlook, we are encouraged FRAN is laying the groundwork for a trend of consistent execution. Maintain Hold, PT to $17 Investment thesis: FRAN is starting to find its footing after leadership changes and merchandising missteps. We are believers in FRAN’s strategy but would like to see more evidence of consistency in performance to become more constructive. Current valuation remains fair in our opinion." (12/7/2016)
Who are some of Francesca's Holdings Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Francesca's Holdings Corporation include Genesco (GCO), Ascena Retail Group (ASNA), Lands' End (LE), Tilly's (TLYS), Citi Trends (CTRN), Joules Group PLC (JOUL), Sequential Brands Group (SQBG), Stein Mart (SMRT), Xcel Brands (XELB), Stage Stores (SSI), French Connection Group (FCCN), Kate Spade & Co (KATE), Kate Spade & Co (LIZ) and L Brands (LTD).
Who are Francesca's Holdings Corporation's key executives?
Francesca's Holdings Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- Richard W. Kunes, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Steven P. Lawrence, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Kelly M. Dilts, Chief Financial Officer
- Kal Malik, Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer, General Counsel, Secretary
- Laurie Hummel, Executive Vice President, Chief Merchandising Officer
- Richard J. Emmett, Lead Independent Director
- Patricia A. Bender, Independent Director
- Philip F. Bleser, Independent Director
- Laurie Ann Goldman, Independent Director
- Joseph D. O'Leary, Independent Director
Who owns Francesca's Holdings Corporation stock?
Francesca's Holdings Corporation's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Vanguard Group Inc. (10.51%), Daruma Capital Management LLC (8.76%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (5.88%), Prudential Financial Inc. (4.18%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (3.95%) and State Street Corp (3.69%). Company insiders that own Francesca's Holdings Corporation stock include Khalid Mir Malik, Laurie Hummel and Richard W Kunes. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Francesca's Holdings Corporation.
Who sold Francesca's Holdings Corporation stock? Who is selling Francesca's Holdings Corporation stock?
Francesca's Holdings Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Numeric Investors LLC, RE Advisers Corp, Arrowstreet Capital Limited Partnership, Teachers Advisors LLC, New York State Common Retirement Fund, Prudential Financial Inc., Trexquant Investment LP and Systematic Financial Management LP. View Insider Buying and Selling for Francesca's Holdings Corporation.
Who bought Francesca's Holdings Corporation stock? Who is buying Francesca's Holdings Corporation stock?
Francesca's Holdings Corporation's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Renaissance Technologies LLC, Boston Partners, Vanguard Group Inc., Schroder Investment Management Group, Spark Investment Management LLC, Quantitative Investment Management LLC, OxFORD Asset Management LLP and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board. Company insiders that have bought Francesca's Holdings Corporation stock in the last two years include Laurie Hummel and Richard W Kunes. View Insider Buying and Selling for Francesca's Holdings Corporation.
How do I buy Francesca's Holdings Corporation stock?
Shares of Francesca's Holdings Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Francesca's Holdings Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Francesca's Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ FRAN)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Francesca's Holdings Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Francesca's Holdings Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $7.03.
Consensus Ratings for Francesca's Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:FRAN) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||6 Hold Ratings, 2 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.25)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$13.86 (97.11% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Francesca's Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:FRAN)
(Data available from 9/19/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|9/6/2017||FBR & Co||Reiterated Rating||Neutral -> Neutral||$10.00 -> $8.00||High|
|8/22/2017||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Lower Price Target||Buy -> Buy||$15.00 -> $10.00||Medium|
|8/21/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Set Price Target||Hold||$9.00||High|
|3/21/2017||Wedbush||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$20.00 -> $16.00||Medium|
|3/21/2017||Mizuho||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$18.00 -> $17.00||Low|
|12/6/2016||Stifel Nicolaus||Boost Price Target||Buy||$18.00 -> $21.00||N/A|
|11/16/2016||Nomura||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$16.00||N/A|
|6/10/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Lower Price Target||Hold||$16.00 -> $14.00||N/A|
|5/17/2016||Wolfe Research||Downgrade||Outperform -> Peer Perform||N/A|
|5/17/2016||Cowen and Company||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||N/A|
|5/17/2016||William Blair||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||N/A|
|3/24/2016||Guggenheim||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$22.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Francesca's Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:FRAN)Earnings History by Quarter for Francesca's Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ FRAN)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|9/6/2017||Q2 2018||$0.20||$0.20||$119.80 million||$119.70 million||View||Listen|
|6/6/2017||Q1 2018||$0.14||$0.12||$113.15 million||$107.70 million||View||Listen|
|3/21/2017||Q4 2017||$0.37||$0.39||$145.77 million||$146.30 million||View||N/A|
|12/6/2016||Q316||$0.18||$0.26||$116.13 million||$119.47 million||View||N/A|
|9/7/2016||Q216||$0.18||$0.27||$109.16 million||$115.30 million||View||N/A|
|6/9/2016||Q116||$0.17||$0.18||$106.73 million||$106.11 million||View||N/A|
|3/23/2016||Q415||$0.34||$0.36||$132.03 million||$134.60 million||View||Listen|
|12/9/2015||Q315||$0.16||$0.16||$101.58 million||$103.70 million||View||N/A|
|9/9/2015||Q215||$0.22||$0.22||$105.75 million||$106.00 million||View||N/A|
|6/10/2015||Q115||$0.18||$0.17||$95.16 million||$95.00 million||View||Listen|
|3/25/2015||Q414||$0.20||$0.21||$104.21 million||$107.60 million||View||N/A|
|12/10/2014||Q314||$0.17||$0.17||$87.00 million||$87.10 million||View||N/A|
|9/9/2014||Q214||$0.26||$0.24||$99.78 million||$97.30 million||View||N/A|
|6/10/2014||Q114||$0.22||$0.20||$88.11 million||$85.40 million||View||N/A|
|3/26/2014||Q413||$0.28||$0.27||$94.33 million||$92.10 million||View||N/A|
|12/5/2013||Q3||$0.20||$0.20||$79.20 million||$79.60 million||View||Listen|
|9/4/2013||Q2 2013||$0.35||$0.33||$94.63 million||$89.60 million||View||N/A|
|6/5/2013||Q1 2013||$0.26||$0.26||$79.54 million||$79.00 million||View||N/A|
|3/19/2013||Q4 2012||$0.30||$0.33||$84.89 million||$86.70 million||View||N/A|
|9/4/2012||Q212||$0.24||$0.28||$71.09 million||$76.37 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Francesca's Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:FRAN)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.92
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.93
2019 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.79
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Francesca's Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:FRAN)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Francesca's Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:FRAN)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.19%Insider Trades by Quarter for Francesca's Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:FRAN)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|3/28/2017||Khalid Mir Malik||Insider||Sell||110,692||$15.95||$1,765,537.40|| |
|6/24/2016||Laurie Hummel||Insider||Buy||9,500||$10.46||$99,370.00|| |
|6/13/2016||Richard W Kunes||CEO||Buy||20,000||$10.56||$211,200.00|| |
|9/15/2015||Michael W Barnes||CEO||Buy||26,000||$11.66||$303,160.00|| |
|9/14/2015||Martyn R Redgrave||Director||Buy||21,000||$11.88||$249,480.00|| |
|12/15/2014||Marie Toulantis||Director||Buy||3,000||$16.16||$48,480.00|| |
|4/3/2014||Mark Vendetti||CFO||Buy||4,000||$19.58||$78,320.00|| |
|1/10/2014||Theresa Rose Backes||COO||Sell||30,700||$20.00||$614,000.00|| |
|9/18/2013||Theresa Rose Backes||COO||Sell||30,700||$20.00||$614,000.00|| |
|9/16/2013||Mark Vendetti||CFO||Buy||4,000||$19.80||$79,200.00|| |
|12/19/2012||Marie Toulantis||Director||Buy||2,000||$27.13||$54,260.00|| |
|12/12/2012||Khalid Mir Malik||EVP||Buy||4,233||$23.60||$99,898.80|| |
|12/12/2012||Meritt John Thomas De||CEO||Buy||10,000||$23.21||$232,100.00|| |
|12/12/2012||Neill P Davis||President||Buy||3,000||$23.55||$70,650.00|| |
|9/11/2012||Richard J Emmett||Director||Buy||5,000||$29.01||$145,050.00|| |
|9/7/2012||Neill P Davis||President||Buy||25,000||$28.37||$709,250.00|| |
Headline Trends for Francesca's Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:FRAN)
Latest Headlines for Francesca's Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:FRAN)
Francesca's Holdings Corporation (FRAN) Chart for Tuesday, September, 19, 2017