About TerraForm Global (NASDAQ:GLBL)
TerraForm Global, Inc. is a holding company. The Company is a diversified renewable energy company that owns contracted solar and wind power plants. The Company operates through two segments: Solar Energy and Wind Energy. The segments include the Company's entire portfolio of power plants. The Company's portfolio consisted of solar and wind power plants located in Brazil, China, India, Malaysia, South Africa, Thailand and Uruguay with an aggregate net capacity of 916.4 megawatts (MW) as of October 31, 2016. The Company's solar and wind power plants include Salvador, Bahia, Dunhuang, Honiton, NSM 24, Focal, NSM Suryalabh, NSM Sitara, NSM L'Volta, Millenium, Brakes, Raj 5, ESP Urja, Azure, Hanumanhatti, Gadag, Bhakrani, Silverstar Pavilion, Fortune 11, Corporate Season, Boshof, Witkop, Soutpan and PP Solar.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Oils/Energy
- Industry: Renewable Utilities
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:GLBL
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.terraformglobal.com
- Market Cap: $854.14 million
- Outstanding Shares: 112,970,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $4.85
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $4.85
- 52 Week Range: $3.40 - $5.10
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -10.43
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: $229.19 million
- Price / Sales: 2.42
- Book Value: $6.06 per share
- Price / Book: 0.81
- EBITDA: $95.66 million
- Net Margins: -26.87%
- Return on Equity: -6.15%
- Return on Assets: -2.90%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.69%
- Current Ratio: 1.81%
- Quick Ratio: 1.81%
- Average Volume: 705,670 shs.
- Beta: 0.65
- Short Ratio: 1.45
Frequently Asked Questions for TerraForm Global (NASDAQ:GLBL)
What is TerraForm Global's stock symbol?
TerraForm Global trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "GLBL."
How were TerraForm Global's earnings last quarter?
TerraForm Global, Inc. (NASDAQ:GLBL) posted its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, August, 9th. The company reported ($0.09) earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.08) by $0.01. The company had revenue of $62.50 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $66.33 million. TerraForm Global had a negative return on equity of 6.15% and a negative net margin of 26.87%. During the same period in the prior year, the business earned $0.01 EPS. View TerraForm Global's Earnings History.
Where is TerraForm Global's stock going? Where will TerraForm Global's stock price be in 2017?
2 brokers have issued twelve-month price objectives for TerraForm Global's shares. Their forecasts range from $5.00 to $5.00. On average, they expect TerraForm Global's share price to reach $5.00 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for TerraForm Global.
What are analysts saying about TerraForm Global stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about TerraForm Global stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "TerraForm Global, Inc. is a diversified renewable energy company. It owns and operates clean energy projects consists of solar, wind and hydro-electric generation assets. The Company's project resides primarily in China, Brazil, India, South Africa, Honduras, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Peru, Uruguay, Malaysia and Thailand. TerraForm Global, Inc. is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland. " (10/9/2017)
- 2. J P Morgan Chase & Co analysts commented, "GLBL issued an investor update presentation with 3Q operating metrics and guidance for FY16. Audited financials are still on the come. FY16 revenue and EBITDA guidance were slightly below our expectations, and net income was negatively impacted owing to a higher interest expense than we had expected. The 3Q cash balance was approximately in line with expectations. GLBL did not issue guidance for CAFD but maintains that it will be “substantially lower” than the forecast issued prior to the SUNE bankruptcy owing to factors such as loss of financial and operational support. Encouragingly, GLBL expects to become operationally independent from SUNE by January, with a standalone org structure, independent IT, and third-party asset management and O&M providers. GLBL is seeking consent from bondholders to extend a 12/2 deadline for the company to become current with its SEC filings. We are adjusting our model, factoring in a higher interest expense that weighs on our CAFD estimates. Our price target goes to $5, from $6." (11/30/2016)
Who are some of TerraForm Global's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to TerraForm Global include Alliance Holdings GP, L.P. (AHGP), Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP), Rowan Companies PLC (RDC), Tullow Oil PLC (TUWOY), Golar LNG Partners LP (GMLP), CVR Refining, LP (CVRR), Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (SPH), Ensco Plc (ESV), Summit Midstream Partners, LP (SMLP), Dril-Quip (DRQ), Rice Midstream Partners LP (RMP), Frank's International N.V. (FI), Cairn Energy PLC (CRNCY), Forum Energy Technologies (FET), Western Refining Logistics, LP (WNRL), Warrior Met Coal (HCC), NGL ENERGY PARTNERS LP (NGL) and NOW (DNOW).
Who are TerraForm Global's key executives?
TerraForm Global's management team includes the folowing people:
- Peter Blackmore, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- Rebecca J. Cranna, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Yana Kravtsova, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary
- Christopher A. Compton, Director
- Hanif W. Dahya, Director
- Alan B. Miller, Director
- David Ringhofer, Director
- Gregory William Scallen, Director
When did TerraForm Global IPO?
(GLBL) raised $1.1 billion in an initial public offering (IPO) on Friday, July 31st 2015. The company issued 56,600,000 shares at a price of $19.00-$21.00 per share. J.P. Morgan, Barclays, Citigroup and Morgan Stanley acted as the underwriters for the IPO and Goldman Sachs, BofA Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank Securities, BTG Pactual, Ita� BBA, Kotak Investment Banking, SMBC Nikko and SOCIETE GENERALE were co-managers.
How do I buy TerraForm Global stock?
Shares of TerraForm Global can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is TerraForm Global's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for TerraForm Global (NASDAQ GLBL)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about TerraForm Global and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of TerraForm Global stock can currently be purchased for approximately $4.90.
Consensus Ratings for TerraForm Global (NASDAQ:GLBL) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Hold Rating, 1 Buy Rating|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.50)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$5.00 (2.04% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for TerraForm Global (NASDAQ:GLBL)
Analysts' Ratings History for TerraForm Global (NASDAQ:GLBL)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|2/2/2017||Avondale Partners||Upgrade||Market Perform -> Outperform||N/A|
|1/13/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||N/A|
|8/25/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Initiated Coverage||Neutral||$9.00||N/A|
|3/31/2016||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|1/22/2016||Barclays PLC||Downgrade||Overweight -> Equal Weight||$10.00 -> $4.00||N/A|
|12/2/2015||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Upgrade||Buy||N/A|
Earnings History for TerraForm Global (NASDAQ:GLBL)Earnings History by Quarter for TerraForm Global (NASDAQ GLBL)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/9/2017||Q2 2017||($0.08)||($0.09)||$66.33 million||$62.50 million||View||N/A|
|2/21/2017||Q3 2016||($0.34)||($0.12)||$55.06 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for TerraForm Global (NASDAQ:GLBL)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.62 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.47 EPS
Dividend History by Quarter for TerraForm Global (NASDAQ GLBL)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for TerraForm Global (NASDAQ:GLBL)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.53%Insider Trades by Quarter for TerraForm Global (NASDAQ:GLBL)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 49.78%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/25/2015||Carlos Domenech||CEO||Buy||15,625||$8.05||$125,781.25|| |
|8/21/2015||Mark D Lerdal||Director||Buy||10,000||$9.42||$94,200.00|| |
|8/14/2015||Mark D Lerdal||Director||Buy||10,000||$10.66||$106,600.00|| |
Headline Trends for TerraForm Global (NASDAQ:GLBL)
Latest Headlines for TerraForm Global (NASDAQ:GLBL)
Loading headlines, please wait.
TerraForm Global (GLBL) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017