GWG Holdings, Inc., a financial services company, purchases life insurance policies in the secondary market in the United States. It purchases or finances life insurance assets from consumers in the secondary market at a discount to the face value of the policy benefit. The company also purchases policies in the secondary market through financial advisors and appointed agents. In addition, it focuses on applying proprietary M-Panel epigenetic technology to disrupt traditional life insurance underwriting practices. Further, it provides secured loans to merchant cash advance funders, as well as merchant cash advances directly to small businesses. GWG Holdings, Inc. was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Life insurance
Trailing P/E Ratio2.47
Forward P/E Ratio3.88
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$64.13 million
Price / Sales0.71
Cash Flow$7.9490 per share
Price / Cash0.98
Book Value($6.78) per share
Price / Book-1.15
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$3.16
Return on Equity-78.98%
Return on Assets3.55%
GWG (NASDAQ:GWGH) Frequently Asked Questions
What is GWG's stock symbol?
GWG trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "GWGH."
How were GWG's earnings last quarter?
GWG Holdings Inc (NASDAQ:GWGH) released its quarterly earnings data on Monday, May, 14th. The financial services provider reported $0.46 EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.64) by $1.10. The financial services provider earned $14.54 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $20.23 million. GWG had a negative net margin of 56.86% and a negative return on equity of 78.98%. View GWG's Earnings History.
What price target have analysts set for GWGH?
2 analysts have issued 12-month price objectives for GWG's shares. Their predictions range from $14.00 to $15.00. On average, they expect GWG's stock price to reach $14.50 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for GWG.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about GWG stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about GWG stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "GWG Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries are engaged in the life insurance secondary market. It offers a variety of solutions for seniors who own life insurance. The Company's services allow policyholders to sell, keep, trade or gift their life insurance based upon their needs today. GWG Holdings, Inc. is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. " (4/11/2018)
- 2. Maxim Group analysts commented, "On January 18, GWGH announced a transaction with The Beneficient Company Group, LP (private) that should greatly increase GWGH’s GAAP equity, double its assets, and diversify its business and earnings from being a pure-play on the alternative asset class of life insurance settlements to being a company that has investments in many other alternative asset classes." (1/23/2018)
Who are some of GWG's key competitors?
Who are GWG's key executives?
GWG's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Jon R. Sabes, Chairman & CEO (Age 51)
- Mr. William B. Acheson CPA, Exec. VP & CFO (Age 53)
- Mr. Steven F. Sabes, Exec. VP of Originations & Servicing, Sec. and Director (Age 50)
- Mr. Dan Callahan, Director of Communication
- Ms. Merriah Harkins, Exec. VP of Sales & Bus. Devel. (Age 48)
Has GWG been receiving favorable news coverage?
Press coverage about GWGH stock has been trending somewhat positive recently, Accern Sentiment reports. The research firm identifies negative and positive press coverage by reviewing more than twenty million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. GWG earned a coverage optimism score of 0.10 on Accern's scale. They also gave press coverage about the financial services provider an impact score of 46.61 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the immediate future.
How do I buy shares of GWG?
Shares of GWGH can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is GWG's stock price today?
One share of GWGH stock can currently be purchased for approximately $7.79.
How big of a company is GWG?
GWG has a market capitalization of $45.29 million and generates $64.13 million in revenue each year. The financial services provider earns $-20,630,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or $3.16 on an earnings per share basis. GWG employs 65 workers across the globe.
How can I contact GWG?
GWG's mailing address is 220 SOUTH SIXTH STREET SUITE 1200, MINNEAPOLIS MN, 55402. The financial services provider can be reached via phone at 877-494-2388 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for GWG (GWGH)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about GWG and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe GWGH will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe GWGH will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.