About Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC)
Monroe Capital Corporation is a closed-end, non-diversified management investment company. The Company is a specialty finance company focused on providing financing primarily to lower middle-market companies in the United States and Canada. The Company's investment objective is to maximize the total return to its stockholders in the form of current income and capital appreciation primarily through investments in senior, unitranche and junior secured debt, and unsecured subordinated debt and equity. The Company provides customized financing solutions focused primarily on senior secured, junior secured and unitranche (a combination of senior secured and junior secured debt in the same facility) debt, and subordinated debt and equity, including equity co-investments in preferred and common stock and warrants. The Company's investment activities are managed by its investment advisor, Monroe Capital BDC Advisors, LLC (MC Advisors).
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Industry: Corporate Financial Services
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Sector: Financials
- Symbol: NASDAQ:MRCC
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.monroecapitalbdc.com
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.52%
- Current Ratio: 1.01%
- Quick Ratio: 1.01%
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 10.41
- Forward P/E Ratio: 10.45
- Annual Sales: $45.02 million
- Price / Sales: 6.53
- Cash Flow: $1.40 per share
- Price / Cash: 10.35
- Book Value: $14.53 per share
- Price / Book: 1.00
- Annual Dividend: $1.40
- Dividend Yield: 9.6%
- Trailing EPS: $0.98
- Net Income: $24.36 million
- Net Margins: 35.62%
- Return on Equity: 9.47%
- Return on Assets: 5.60%
- Outstanding Shares: 20,240,000
Frequently Asked Questions for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC)
What is Monroe Capital Corporation's stock symbol?
Monroe Capital Corporation trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "MRCC."
How often does Monroe Capital Corporation pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Monroe Capital Corporation?
Monroe Capital Corporation announced a quarterly dividend on Thursday, August 31st. Investors of record on Friday, September 15th will be given a dividend of $0.35 per share on Friday, September 29th. This represents a $1.40 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 9.64%. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, September 14th. View Monroe Capital Corporation's Dividend History.
How were Monroe Capital Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC) released its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, May, 10th. The financial services provider reported $0.44 EPS for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.39 by $0.05. The financial services provider earned $11.54 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $10.45 million. Monroe Capital Corporation had a net margin of 35.62% and a return on equity of 9.47%. View Monroe Capital Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Monroe Capital Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Monroe Capital Corporation's stock going? Where will Monroe Capital Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
4 analysts have issued twelve-month price objectives for Monroe Capital Corporation's stock. Their forecasts range from $16.00 to $17.00. On average, they anticipate Monroe Capital Corporation's stock price to reach $16.50 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Monroe Capital Corporation.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Monroe Capital Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Monroe Capital Corporation stock:
- 1. National Securities analysts commented, "• MRCC posted adjusted NII/share of $0.35/share, matching both the dividend and our estimate and besting consensus estimates by a penny. The company didn’t need incentive fee waivers like in 2Q17 to cover the dividend on an adjusted NII basis.
• NAV/share was down 4 cents Q/Q to $14.01, largely as a result of realized losses on Fabco Automotive Corporation which was sold during the quarter.
• Non-accruals at cost decreased slightly Q/Q to $22.1 million from $23.1 million, with the only two non-accruals remaining Rocket Dog Brands and TPP Operating, underscoring the continued strain on the retail sector. We expect asset quality to remain stable and NAV/share to improve going forward driving double-digit economic returns for 2018.
• On 11/1/17, MRCC announced a senior loan fund (SLF) with NLV Financial Corp., the parent company of National Life Insurance Company. Each company committed $50.0 million of capital to the joint venture and investing should commence towards the end of 2017. With leverage, the SLF should have a total of $300.0 million of capital to invest. We think this was a smart move on Monroe’s part as the company can use lower yielding deals that are good credits with additional financial leverage to generate low double-digit ROEs.
• We are revising our 2017 adjusted NII/share estimate to $1.40 from $1.46 and our 2018 adjusted NII/share estimate to $1.50 from $1.57." (11/13/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Monroe Capital Corporation is a non-diversified closed-end management investment company focused on providing financing primarily to lower middle-market companies in the United States and Canada. The Company's investment objective is to maximize the total return to its stockholders in the form of current income and capital appreciation through investments in senior, unitranche and junior secured debt and unsecured debt and equity investments. Monroe Capital Corporation is headquartered in Chicago. " (11/9/2017)
- 3. FBR & Co analysts commented, "MRCC reported 4Q16 adjusted net investment income EPS of $0.35, below our estimate of $0.39 and the consensus of $0.38. The 4Q16 miss was due primarily to lower total revenues QOQ despite an increase in earning asset volumes QOQ. The lower revenue was due to lower dividends from portfolio company Rockdale Blackhawk, which in the first nine months of 2016 up-streamed $3.5M of dividends (or $0.21/share) to MRCC, as well as lower origination fees in 4Q16 QOQ. While 4Q16 earnings fully covered the dividend of $0.35, this was aided by a $0.02/ share management fee waiver. Asset quality remains solid as NAV/share increased $0.10 QOQ due to unrealized investment appreciation. Going forward, we believe MRCC remains well positioned to grow given we estimate it has $167M in untapped lending potential (including SBA borrowings), or 40% of 4Q16 investment assets at fair value. We note that management remains cautious on a turn in the credit cycle; thus, lower-yielding first-lien debts are likely to remain the focus going forward." (3/10/2017)
Who are some of Monroe Capital Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Monroe Capital Corporation include Altisource Residential Corporation (RESI), Eaton Vance Floating-Rate Income Trust (EFT), CatchMark Timber Trust (CTT), Sirius Real Estate Limited (SRE), Hudson Valley Holding Corp. (HVB), Whitestone REIT (WSR), Chesnara plc (CSN), PennantPark Investment Corporation (PNNT), AmREIT (AMRE), Arbor Realty Trust (ABR), Sutherland Asset Management Corp. (SLD), Community Healthcare Trust Incorporated (CHCT), BlackRock Capital Investment (BKCC), Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (ASPS), Ellington Financial LLC (EFC), Independent Bank Corporation (IBCP), Bridge Capital Holdings (BBNK) and Sun Bancorp (SNBC).
Who are Monroe Capital Corporation's key executives?
Monroe Capital Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- Theodore L. Koenig, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer (Age 58)
- Aaron D. Peck, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Investment Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, Director (Age 46)
- Jeffrey D. Steele, Director (Age 57)
- Thomas J. Allison, Independent Director (Age 65)
- Jeffrey A. Golman, Independent Director (Age 61)
- Jorde M. Nathan, Independent Director (Age 54)
- Robert S. Rubin, Independent Director (Age 60)
Who owns Monroe Capital Corporation stock?
Monroe Capital Corporation's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Sumitomo Mitsui Asset Management Company LTD (2.28%), Advisors Asset Management Inc. (1.93%), Janney Montgomery Scott LLC (0.94%), Van ECK Associates Corp (0.76%), Mckinley Capital Management LLC Delaware (0.63%) and Advantage Investment Management LLC (0.39%). Company insiders that own Monroe Capital Corporation stock include Jeffrey D Steele and Theodore L Koenig. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Monroe Capital Corporation.
Who sold Monroe Capital Corporation stock? Who is selling Monroe Capital Corporation stock?
Who bought Monroe Capital Corporation stock? Who is buying Monroe Capital Corporation stock?
Monroe Capital Corporation's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Sumitomo Mitsui Asset Management Company LTD, Mckinley Capital Management LLC Delaware, Magnetar Financial LLC, BB&T Securities LLC, Spectrum Management Group Inc., Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc., Citadel Advisors LLC and Stifel Financial Corp. Company insiders that have bought Monroe Capital Corporation stock in the last two years include Jeffrey D Steele and Theodore L Koenig. View Insider Buying and Selling for Monroe Capital Corporation.
How do I buy Monroe Capital Corporation stock?
Shares of Monroe Capital Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Monroe Capital Corporation's stock price today?
One share of Monroe Capital Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $14.53.
How big of a company is Monroe Capital Corporation?
Monroe Capital Corporation has a market capitalization of $295.10 million and generates $45.02 million in revenue each year. The financial services provider earns $24.36 million in net income (profit) each year or $0.98 on an earnings per share basis.
How can I contact Monroe Capital Corporation?
Monroe Capital Corporation's mailing address is 311 S Wacker Dr Ste 6400, CHICAGO, IL 60606-6710, United States. The financial services provider can be reached via phone at +1-312-2588300 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ MRCC)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Monroe Capital Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Analysts' Consensus Rating for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||0 Sell Ratings, 1 Hold Rating, 3 Buy Ratings, 0 Strong Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.75)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$16.50 (13.56% upside)|
Consensus Price Target History for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC)
Analysts' Ratings History for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC)
(Data available from 11/21/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|11/13/2017||National Securities||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$17.00||N/A|
|8/10/2017||Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$16.00||Low|
|3/10/2017||FBR & Co||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$17.00||N/A|
|1/9/2017||Robert W. Baird||Downgrade||Outperform -> Neutral||$16.00||N/A|
|11/9/2016||JMP Securities||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|8/16/2016||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Initiated Coverage||Outperform||$18.50||N/A|
|7/21/2016||Wunderlich||Boost Price Target||Buy||$15.50 -> $16.00||N/A|
|4/27/2016||Janney Montgomery Scott||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
Earnings History and Estimates Chart for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC)
Earnings History by Quarter for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ MRCC)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|3/6/2018|| || || || || || || || |
|8/8/2017||Q2 2017||$0.36||$0.35||$12.40 million||$12.27 million||View||Listen|
|5/9/2017||Q1 2017||$0.36||$0.36||$12.36 million||$12.01 million||View||Listen|
|3/7/2017||Q4 2016||$0.38||$0.35||$11.96 million||$11.23 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2016||Q3||$0.39||$0.36||$11.33 million||$11.13 million||View||Listen|
|5/10/2016||Q1||$0.39||$0.44||$10.45 million||$11.54 million||View||N/A|
|3/4/2016||Q4||$0.40||$0.39||$10.19 million||$10.13 million||View||N/A|
|11/9/2015||Q315||$0.40||$0.36||$9.34 million||$9.17 million||View||N/A|
|8/10/2015||Q215||$0.37||$0.43||$8.26 million||$9.52 million||View||Listen|
|5/11/2015||Q1||$0.39||$0.44||$7.74 million||$8.08 million||View||N/A|
|3/6/2015||Q414||$0.37||$0.48||$7.59 million||$8.68 million||View||N/A|
|11/10/2014||Q3 2014||$0.36||$0.39||$7.29 million||$7.67 million||View||N/A|
|8/11/2014||Q2 2014||$0.33||$0.37||$6.73 million||$7.05 million||View||N/A|
|5/12/2014||Q1 2014||$0.30||$0.32||$6.30 million||$6.52 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.46
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.53
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC)
|Most Recent Dividend:||9/29/2017|
|Payout Ratio:||142.86% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
100.72% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
95.24% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ MRCC)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ MRCC)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.80%
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 27.90%
Insider Trades by Quarter for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ MRCC)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/7/2017||Theodore L. Koenig||Chairman||Buy||21,800||$13.61||$296,698.00|| |
|6/20/2017||Jeffrey D Steele||Director||Buy||6,425||$15.00||$96,375.00|| |
|6/13/2017||Theodore L. Koenig||Chairman||Buy||16,697||$14.95||$249,620.15|| |
|5/11/2017||Theodore L. Koenig||Chairman||Buy||5,710||$15.49||$88,447.90|| |
|12/9/2016||Theodore L. Koenig||Chairman||Buy||18,773||$15.29||$287,039.17|| |
|3/17/2016||Theodore L Koenig||CEO||Buy||7,017||$13.98||$98,097.66|| |
|12/16/2015||Theodore L. Koenig||CEO||Buy||8,752||$13.64||$119,377.28|| |
|8/24/2015||Theodore L Koenig||CEO||Buy||4,200||$13.81||$58,002.00|| |
|12/6/2013||Theodore Koenig||CEO||Buy||15,564||$12.51||$194,705.64|| |
|12/4/2013||Theodore Koenig||CEO||Buy||19,136||$12.68||$242,644.48|| |
|11/30/2013||Jeffrey Steele||Director||Buy||5,575||$13.00||$72,475.00|| |
|11/18/2013||Thomas Allison||Director||Buy||4,000||$12.82||$51,280.00|| |
|8/16/2013||Jeffrey Steele||Director||Buy||3,000||$13.52||$40,560.00|| |
|8/16/2013||Theodore Koenig||CEO||Buy||16,224||$13.50||$219,024.00|| |
|8/15/2013||Theodore Koenig||Insider||Buy||18,000||$13.63||$245,340.00|| |
|10/24/2012||Aaron Daniel Peck||CFO||Buy||3,400||$15.00||$51,000.00|| |
|10/24/2012||Robert S Rubin||Director||Buy||16,500||$15.00||$247,500.00|| |
|10/24/2012||Theodore L Koenig||CEO||Buy||66,667||$15.00||$1,000,005.00|| |
Latest Headlines for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ MRCC)
Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ MRCC) Chart for Tuesday, November, 21, 2017