Monroe Capital Corporation is a closed-end, non-diversified management investment company. The Company is a specialty finance company focused on providing financing primarily to lower middle-market companies in the United States and Canada. The Company's investment objective is to maximize the total return to its stockholders in the form of current income and capital appreciation primarily through investments in senior, unitranche and junior secured debt, and unsecured subordinated debt and equity. The Company provides customized financing solutions focused primarily on senior secured, junior secured and unitranche (a combination of senior secured and junior secured debt in the same facility) debt, and subordinated debt and equity, including equity co-investments in preferred and common stock and warrants. The Company's investment activities are managed by its investment advisor, Monroe Capital BDC Advisors, LLC (MC Advisors).
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Finance
- Industry: Corporate Financial Services - NEC
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:MRCC
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.monroebdc.com
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $15.18
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $15.53
- 52 Week Range: $13.60 - $16.37
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 9.54
- P/E Growth: 2.07
- Annual Dividend: $1.40
- Dividend Yield: 9.3%
- Net Margins: 41.75%
- Return on Equity: 10.23%
- Return on Assets: 5.77%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.81%
- Current Ratio: 3.18%
- Quick Ratio: 3.18%
- Average Volume: 105,724 shs.
- Beta: 0.56
Frequently Asked Questions for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC)
What is Monroe Capital Corporation's stock symbol?
Monroe Capital Corporation trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "MRCC."
How often does Monroe Capital Corporation pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Monroe Capital Corporation?
Monroe Capital Corporation announced a quarterly dividend on Thursday, June 1st. Investors of record on Thursday, June 15th will be given a dividend of $0.35 per share on Friday, June 30th. This represents a $1.40 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 9.35%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Tuesday, June 13th. View Monroe Capital Corporation's Dividend History.
How were Monroe Capital Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC) posted its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, May, 9th. The company reported $0.36 EPS for the quarter, hitting analysts' consensus estimates of $0.36. The company had revenue of $12.01 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $12.36 million. Monroe Capital Corporation had a return on equity of 10.23% and a net margin of 41.75%. View Monroe Capital Corporation's Earnings History.
Where is Monroe Capital Corporation's stock going? Where will Monroe Capital Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
7 brokerages have issued 12 month price objectives for Monroe Capital Corporation's shares. Their forecasts range from $16.00 to $18.50. On average, they anticipate Monroe Capital Corporation's stock price to reach $16.90 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Monroe Capital Corporation.
What are analysts saying about Monroe Capital Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Monroe Capital Corporation stock:
- 1. National Securities analysts commented, "• Monroe is offering 3.0 million shares with a 450,000 share overallotment at $15.00/share, representing a 5% premium to 3/31/17 NAV/share of $14.34. We estimate that the green shoe will be exercised in full and that MRCC will receive net proceeds of $49.2 million.
• The company finished 1Q17 with regulatory D/E (excluding SBA debentures) of 0.57x. We expect that the offering will permit the company to pay-down its credit facility balance to $112.0 million from $136.0 million and as a result regulatory D/E will likely decrease to 0.40x, by our estimates. Along with the deleveraging we expect Monroe will still achieve Q/Q portfolio growth of $32.7 million at fair value.
• We expect the accretive offering and our expectations of positive credit trends in the portfolio to contribute to a NAV/share increase to $14.48 from $14.34 Q/Q, generating an annualized economic return of 13.6%. With the spare capacity on the credit facility and access to an additional $55.0 million of SBA debentures we do not anticipate MRCC will require further equity issuance until 2Q18 to achieve robust portfolio growth.
• We are revising our 2017 adjusted NII/share estimate to $1.46 from $1.49 and our 2018 adjusted NII/share estimate to $1.57 from $1.58." (6/12/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Monroe Capital Corporation is a non-diversified closed-end management investment company focused on providing financing primarily to lower middle-market companies in the United States and Canada. The Company's investment objective is to maximize the total return to its stockholders in the form of current income and capital appreciation through investments in senior, unitranche and junior secured debt and unsecured debt and equity investments. Monroe Capital Corporation is headquartered in Chicago. " (5/10/2017)
- 3. FBR & Co analysts commented, "MRCC reported 4Q16 adjusted net investment income EPS of $0.35, below our estimate of $0.39 and the consensus of $0.38. The 4Q16 miss was due primarily to lower total revenues QOQ despite an increase in earning asset volumes QOQ. The lower revenue was due to lower dividends from portfolio company Rockdale Blackhawk, which in the first nine months of 2016 up-streamed $3.5M of dividends (or $0.21/share) to MRCC, as well as lower origination fees in 4Q16 QOQ. While 4Q16 earnings fully covered the dividend of $0.35, this was aided by a $0.02/ share management fee waiver. Asset quality remains solid as NAV/share increased $0.10 QOQ due to unrealized investment appreciation. Going forward, we believe MRCC remains well positioned to grow given we estimate it has $167M in untapped lending potential (including SBA borrowings), or 40% of 4Q16 investment assets at fair value. We note that management remains cautious on a turn in the credit cycle; thus, lower-yielding first-lien debts are likely to remain the focus going forward." (3/10/2017)
Who are some of Monroe Capital Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Monroe Capital Corporation include Armada Hoffler Properties (AHH), EMC Insurance Group (EMCI), Horizon Bancorp (IN) (HBNC), Greenhill & Co. (GHL), First Financial Corporation Indiana (THFF), Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation (ANH), Pacific Continental Corporation (Ore) (PCBK), Peoples Bancorp (PEBO), National Bank of Greece (NBG), Och-Ziff Capital Management Group LLC (OZM), Gladstone Commercial Corporation (GOOD), First Foundation (FFWM), National Commerce Corporation (NCOM), UMH Properties (UMH), Green Brick Partners (GRBK), BlackRock Capital Investment Corporation (BKCC), Enova International (ENVA) and Access National Corporation (ANCX).
Who are Monroe Capital Corporation's key executives?
Monroe Capital Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- Theodore L. Koenig, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- Aaron D. Peck, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Investment Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, Director
- Jeffrey D. Steele, Director
- Thomas J. Allison, Independent Director
- Jeffrey A. Golman, Independent Director
- Jorde M. Nathan, Independent Director
- Robert S. Rubin, Independent Director
Who owns Monroe Capital Corporation stock?
Monroe Capital Corporation's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Bank of Montreal Can (0.00%), Salzhauer Michael (0.00%), North Star Investment Management Corp. (0.00%) and Liberty Capital Management Inc. (0.00%). Company insiders that own Monroe Capital Corporation stock include Jeffrey D Steele and Theodore L Koenig. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Monroe Capital Corporation.
Who bought Monroe Capital Corporation stock? Who is buying Monroe Capital Corporation stock?
Monroe Capital Corporation's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Bank of Montreal Can, Liberty Capital Management Inc., North Star Investment Management Corp. and Salzhauer Michael. Company insiders that have bought Monroe Capital Corporation stock in the last two years include Jeffrey D Steele and Theodore L Koenig. View Insider Buying and Selling for Monroe Capital Corporation.
How do I buy Monroe Capital Corporation stock?
Shares of Monroe Capital Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Monroe Capital Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ MRCC)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Monroe Capital Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Monroe Capital Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $14.97.
Consensus Ratings for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||2 Hold Ratings, 5 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.71)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$16.90 (12.89% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC)
(Data available from 7/21/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|6/12/2017||National Securities||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$17.00||Low|
|3/10/2017||FBR & Co||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$17.00||N/A|
|1/9/2017||Robert W. Baird||Downgrade||Outperform -> Neutral||$16.00||N/A|
|11/9/2016||JMP Securities||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|8/16/2016||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Initiated Coverage||Outperform||$18.50||N/A|
|8/10/2016||Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||N/A|
|7/21/2016||Wunderlich||Boost Price Target||Buy||$15.50 -> $16.00||N/A|
|4/27/2016||Janney Montgomery Scott||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|11/10/2015||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$15.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC)Earnings History by Quarter for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ MRCC)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/9/2017||Q1 2017||$0.36||$0.36||$12.36 million||$12.01 million||View||Listen|
|3/7/2017||Q4 2016||$0.38||$0.35||$11.96 million||$11.23 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2016||Q3||$0.39||$0.36||$11.33 million||$11.13 million||View||Listen|
|5/10/2016||Q1||$0.39||$0.44||$10.45 million||$11.54 million||View||N/A|
|3/4/2016||Q4||$0.40||$0.39||$10.19 million||$10.13 million||View||N/A|
|11/9/2015||Q315||$0.40||$0.36||$9.34 million||$9.17 million||View||N/A|
|8/10/2015||Q215||$0.37||$0.43||$8.26 million||$9.52 million||View||Listen|
|5/11/2015||Q1||$0.39||$0.44||$7.74 million||$8.08 million||View||N/A|
|3/6/2015||Q414||$0.37||$0.48||$7.59 million||$8.68 million||View||N/A|
|11/10/2014||Q3 2014||$0.36||$0.39||$7.29 million||$7.67 million||View||N/A|
|8/11/2014||Q2 2014||$0.33||$0.37||$6.73 million||$7.05 million||View||N/A|
|5/12/2014||Q1 2014||$0.30||$0.32||$6.30 million||$6.52 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.49
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.59
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC)
|Most Recent Dividend:||6/30/2017|
|Payout Ratio:||112.90% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
96.55% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
89.17% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ MRCC)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.90%Insider Trades by Quarter for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 27.54%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|6/20/2017||Jeffrey D Steele||Director||Buy||6,425||$15.00||$96,375.00|| |
|6/13/2017||Theodore L. Koenig||Chairman||Buy||16,697||$14.95||$249,620.15|| |
|5/11/2017||Theodore L. Koenig||Chairman||Buy||5,710||$15.49||$88,447.90|| |
|12/9/2016||Theodore L. Koenig||Chairman||Buy||18,773||$15.29||$287,039.17|| |
|3/17/2016||Theodore L Koenig||CEO||Buy||7,017||$13.98||$98,097.66|| |
|12/16/2015||Theodore L. Koenig||CEO||Buy||8,752||$13.64||$119,377.28|| |
|8/24/2015||Theodore L Koenig||CEO||Buy||4,200||$13.81||$58,002.00|| |
|12/6/2013||Theodore Koenig||CEO||Buy||15,564||$12.51||$194,705.64|| |
|12/4/2013||Theodore Koenig||CEO||Buy||19,136||$12.68||$242,644.48|| |
|11/30/2013||Jeffrey Steele||Director||Buy||5,575||$13.00||$72,475.00|| |
|11/18/2013||Thomas Allison||Director||Buy||4,000||$12.82||$51,280.00|| |
|8/16/2013||Jeffrey Steele||Director||Buy||3,000||$13.52||$40,560.00|| |
|8/16/2013||Theodore Koenig||CEO||Buy||16,224||$13.50||$219,024.00|| |
|8/15/2013||Theodore Koenig||Insider||Buy||18,000||$13.63||$245,340.00|| |
|10/24/2012||Aaron Daniel Peck||CFO||Buy||3,400||$15.00||$51,000.00|| |
|10/24/2012||Robert S Rubin||Director||Buy||16,500||$15.00||$247,500.00|| |
|10/24/2012||Theodore L Koenig||CEO||Buy||66,667||$15.00||$1,000,005.00|| |
Headline Trends for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC)
Latest Headlines for Monroe Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:MRCC)
Monroe Capital Corporation (MRCC) Chart for Friday, July, 21, 2017