About AGNC Investment (NASDAQ:AGNC)
AGNC Investment Corp., formerly American Capital Agency Corp., is a real estate investment trust. The Company invests in agency residential mortgage-backed securities on a leveraged basis. Its investments consist of residential mortgage pass-through securities and collateralized mortgage obligations (CMOs) for which the principal and interest payments are guaranteed by a government-sponsored enterprise, such as the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae) and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac), or by the United States Government agency, such as the Government National Mortgage Association (Ginnie Mae) (collectively, GSEs). Its agency securities include agency residential mortgage-backed securities (Agency RMBS) and to-be-announced forward contracts (TBAs). Its Non-Agency Securities include credit risk transfer securities (CRT), non-agency residential mortgage-backed securities (Non-Agency RMBS) and commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS).
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Real estate investment trusts
Trailing P/E Ratio7.68
Forward P/E Ratio7.62
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$769 million
Price / Sales10.47
Cash Flow$3.3275 per share
Price / Cash5.68
Book Value$21.14 per share
Price / Book0.89
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$2.46
Net Income$771 million
Return on Equity11.85%
Return on Assets1.44%
AGNC Investment (NASDAQ:AGNC) Frequently Asked Questions
What is AGNC Investment's stock symbol?
AGNC Investment trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AGNC."
How often does AGNC Investment pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for AGNC Investment?
AGNC Investment announced a jun 18 dividend on Wednesday, June 13th. Stockholders of record on Friday, June 29th will be given a dividend of $0.18 per share on Monday, July 9th. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, June 28th. View AGNC Investment's Dividend History.
How were AGNC Investment's earnings last quarter?
AGNC Investment Corp. (NASDAQ:AGNC) issued its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, April, 25th. The real estate investment trust reported $0.60 earnings per share for the quarter, meeting the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.60. The real estate investment trust earned $225 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $240.82 million. AGNC Investment had a net margin of 122.47% and a return on equity of 11.85%. During the same period in the prior year, the business earned $0.64 earnings per share. View AGNC Investment's Earnings History.
When is AGNC Investment's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for AGNC?
5 equities research analysts have issued 12-month target prices for AGNC Investment's shares. Their forecasts range from $19.00 to $19.50. On average, they anticipate AGNC Investment's stock price to reach $19.1875 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for AGNC Investment.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about AGNC Investment stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about AGNC Investment stock:
- 1. Maxim Group analysts commented, "The comprehensive loss (driven by unrealized losses on Agency RMBS caused by spread-widening) reduced tangible book value (TBV) by 5.4%. We lower our price target to $19.25, from $21.25, due to the lower TBV. Our new price target equates to 1.0x tangible book value, which is toward the high end of the range of peers. Though our new price target has limited upside, our Buy rating is based on AGNC’s 11.4% dividend yield, which we regard as very attractive. In addition, management remains bullish on leveraged investment opportunities, due to wider spreads and lower funding costs, and we agree. Therefore, we see good support for the dividend, and a more stable tangible book value." (4/26/2018)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Shares of AGNC Investment have outperformed the industry it belongs to, in the past three months. Moreover, the Zacks Consensus Estimate for current-year earnings remained unchanged in a month’s time. Notably, the company is making reasonable efforts to restructure its portfolio to hedge interest rate and prepayment uncertainty. The company’s efficient cost structure also augurs well. Further, a strong capital position and access to a diverse funding base render significant financial flexibility to the company. However, as the company prioritizes risk management over incremental returns, robust returns might remain elusive in the short run." (4/25/2018)
Are investors shorting AGNC Investment?
AGNC Investment saw a decline in short interest during the month of May. As of May 31st, there was short interest totalling 16,299,949 shares, a decline of 11.2% from the May 15th total of 18,357,054 shares. Based on an average trading volume of 7,861,154 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 2.1 days. Currently, 3.8% of the company's shares are short sold.
Who are some of AGNC Investment's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to AGNC Investment include Equinix (EQIX), Weyerhaeuser (WY), Equity Residential (EQR), AvalonBay Communities (AVB), DIGITAL Rlty Tr/SH SH (DLR), UNIBAIL-RODAMCO/ADR (UNRDY), Welltower (WELL), GGP (GGP), Ventas (VTR), Boston Properties (BXP), SBA Communications (SBAC), Host Hotels and Resorts (HST), Essex Property Trust (ESS), Realty Income (O) and Vornado Realty Trust (VNO).
Who are AGNC Investment's key executives?
AGNC Investment's management team includes the folowing people:
- Prue B. Larocca, Independent Chairman of the Board (Age 65)
- Gary D. Kain, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Investment Officer, Director (Age 52)
- Peter J. Federico, President, Chief Operating Officer (Age 50)
- Christopher J. Kuehl, Executive Vice President - Agency Portfolio Investments (Age 43)
- Bernice E. Bell, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President (Age 46)
- Kenneth L. Pollack, Senior Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer, General Counsel, Secretary (Age 49)
- Aaron J. Pas, Senior Vice President - Non-Agency Portfolio Investments (Age 36)
- Morris A. Davis, Independent Director (Age 45)
- Larry K. Harvey, Independent Director (Age 52)
- Paul E. Mullings, Independent Director (Age 66)
Has AGNC Investment been receiving favorable news coverage?
Press coverage about AGNC stock has been trending positive on Monday, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. Accern scores the sentiment of media coverage by monitoring more than twenty million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. AGNC Investment earned a media sentiment score of 0.27 on Accern's scale. They also assigned media coverage about the real estate investment trust an impact score of 47.97 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the near future.
Who are AGNC Investment's major shareholders?
AGNC Investment's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include BlackRock Inc. (8.89%), State Treasurer State of Michigan (3.60%), Wells Fargo & Company MN (1.99%), Northern Trust Corp (0.98%), Her Majesty the Queen in Right of the Province of Alberta as represented by Alberta Investment Management Corp (0.75%) and Allianz Asset Management GmbH (0.61%). Company insiders that own AGNC Investment stock include Bernice Bell, Christopher Kuehl, Gary D Kain, Kenneth L Pollack, Morris A Davis and Peter J Federico. View Institutional Ownership Trends for AGNC Investment.
Which major investors are selling AGNC Investment stock?
AGNC stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Artisan Partners Limited Partnership, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Russell Investments Group Ltd., BlackRock Inc., Her Majesty the Queen in Right of the Province of Alberta as represented by Alberta Investment Management Corp, UBS Group AG, Northern Trust Corp and KBC Group NV. View Insider Buying and Selling for AGNC Investment.
Which major investors are buying AGNC Investment stock?
AGNC stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including State Treasurer State of Michigan, Aperio Group LLC, Assetmark Inc., Thompson Siegel & Walmsley LLC, Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc., Great West Life Assurance Co. Can, Teacher Retirement System of Texas and Korea Investment CORP. View Insider Buying and Selling for AGNC Investment.
How do I buy shares of AGNC Investment?
Shares of AGNC can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is AGNC Investment's stock price today?
One share of AGNC stock can currently be purchased for approximately $18.90.
How big of a company is AGNC Investment?
AGNC Investment has a market capitalization of $8.05 billion and generates $769 million in revenue each year. The real estate investment trust earns $771 million in net income (profit) each year or $2.46 on an earnings per share basis. AGNC Investment employs 56 workers across the globe.
How can I contact AGNC Investment?
AGNC Investment's mailing address is 2 BETHESDA METRO CENTER 12TH FLOOR, BETHESDA MD, 20814. The real estate investment trust can be reached via phone at 301-968-9315 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for AGNC Investment (AGNC)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about AGNC Investment and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe AGNC will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe AGNC will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.