AT&T Inc. is a holding company. The Company is a provider of communications and digital entertainment services in the United States and the world. The Company operates through four segments: Business Solutions, Entertainment Group, Consumer Mobility and International. The Company offers its services and products to consumers in the United States, Mexico and Latin America and to businesses and other providers of telecommunications services worldwide. It also owns and operates three regional TV sports networks, and retains non-controlling interests in another regional sports network and a network dedicated to game-related programming, as well as Internet interactive game playing. Its services and products include wireless communications, data/broadband and Internet services, digital video services, local and long-distance telephone services, telecommunications equipment, managed networking, and wholesale services. Its subsidiaries include AT&T Mobility and SKY Brasil Servicos Ltda.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Telecom Services - Domestic
- Sub-Industry: Integrated Telecommunication Services
- Symbol: NYSE:T
- CUSIP: 00206R10
- Web: www.att.com
- Market Cap: $234.55 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 6,148,000,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $39.30
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $40.51
- 52 Week Range: $36.10 - $43.89
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 18.66
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 12.89
- P/E Growth: 1.67
- Annual Revenue: $162.62 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.44
- Book Value: $20.15 per share
- Price / Book: 1.89
- Annual Dividend: $1.96
- Dividend Yield: 5.1%
- EBIDTA: $48.95 billion
- Net Margins: 7.92%
- Return on Equity: 14.15%
- Return on Assets: 4.37%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.94%
- Current Ratio: 0.79%
- Quick Ratio: 0.79%
- Average Volume: 19.72 million shs.
- Beta: 0.39
- Short Ratio: 6.65
Frequently Asked Questions for AT&T (NYSE:T)
What is AT&T's stock symbol?
AT&T trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "T."
How often does AT&T pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for AT&T?
AT&T announced a quarterly dividend on Friday, March 31st. Investors of record on Monday, April 10th will be paid a dividend of $0.49 per share on Monday, May 1st. This represents a $1.96 annualized dividend and a yield of 5.14%. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, April 6th. View AT&T's Dividend History.
How were AT&T's earnings last quarter?
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) announced its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, April, 25th. The company reported $0.74 earnings per share for the quarter, meeting the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.74. The business earned $39.40 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $40.50 billion. AT&T had a return on equity of 14.15% and a net margin of 7.92%. The company's revenue was down 2.8% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the firm earned $0.72 earnings per share. View AT&T's Earnings History.
When will AT&T make its next earnings announcement?
Where is AT&T's stock going? Where will AT&T's stock price be in 2017?
27 brokerages have issued 1-year price objectives for AT&T's shares. Their forecasts range from $38.00 to $55.00. On average, they anticipate AT&T's stock price to reach $44.13 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for AT&T.
What are analysts saying about AT&T stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about AT&T stock:
- 1. Macquarie analysts commented, "We expect this trend will accelerate given its efforts to integrate DirecTV, promos including HBO GO and a US$25 bundling credit, and simplified plans coming soon. Total linear video net adds came in at -233k (excluding DirecTV Now)." (4/26/2017)
- 2. FBR & Co analysts commented, "T reported largely mixed 4Q16 results, with both top-line and adjusted EBITDA misses driven by fewer upgrades and continued legacy service weakness. Lower depreciation expenses helped lift adjusted EPS to $0.66. Strong international and entertainment revenues were key to offsetting ongoing weakness in consumer mobility and an anemic business solutions segment, which continues to be handicapped by weak legacy service demand. Promotional pricing of DIRECTV NOW, with zero-rating, saw strong initial adoption, helping to offset churn from the 2G network shutdown. With Ajit Pai recently named as chairman of the FCC, net neutrality is likely to be overturned; and zero-rating will likely be endorsed, paving the way for T’s bundling strategy. Potential tax and regulatory reform should help the telcos attack cable’s historic advantage through a fiber-lead investment uptick amid consolidation." (1/26/2017)
- 3. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Acquisitions and strategic collaborations have played a major role in shaping AT&T’s growth. The acquisition of DIRECTV and QuickPlay Media Inc. by AT&T has positioned it as the leader in the U.S. pay-TV market and boosted AT&T’s earnings and revenues. AT&T’s recent collaboration with Intel should boost software-based network services and IoT. Additionally, AT&T is focused on expanding its 4G LTE wireless networks and field testing the next-gen 5G technology. However, AT&T operates in a saturated wireless market where spectrum crunch is a big issue. Moreover, loss in access lines, stringent regulatory measures and union issues are major headwinds. Additionally, persistent losses in its wireline division is a worry. The company has also been facing intense competition from peers, compelling it to lower the price of its services. This will dent AT&T's margins going ahead." (10/17/2016)
- 4. Wells Fargo & Co analysts commented, "We believe Q4’16 will be the ‘rubber meet the road’ quarter as we gauge the customer acceptance of the new over-the-top (OTT) plans. Our new FY2016E revenue and EPS are $164.2B and $2.87 vs. $164.0B and $2.87 prior, and FY2017E are $167.7B and $3.01 vs. $167.0B and $3.00 prior, respectively." (7/22/2016)
- 5. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "Mellanox reported a nice Q2 beat. Q3 guidance was modestly disappointing, and the company continues to make progress on Ethernet. However, with guidance implying Q3 InfiniBand revenue potentially down Y/Y, it’s hard to get over our concerns around competition from Intel. Maintain Hold. Solid Q2, Nice Ethernet Contribution. Q2 revenues totaled $215M, beating the Street’s $213M. Gross margin hit 71.4%, roughly in line with Consensus of 71.6%. Q2 EPS hit $0.87, beating the Street’s $0.83. Looking at contribution by application, Ethernet grew 28% Q/Q (we estimate ~11% ex-EZCH) to ~$88M (41% of revenue). Omni-Path Seems to Be Gaining Share at 100G. Mellanox stated that Intel is pricing Omni-Path aggressively, consistent with our checks (see our recent piece: Omni-Path Threat Continues to Mount, but Ramp Will Be Slow; Maintain Hold). Mellanox also acknowledged some wins for OPA and price pressure but the company still believes that OPA market share will be limited, perhaps to ~10%. However, Intel, on their earnings call tonight, stated that 50% of new systems in the June Top 500 Supercomputer list used OPA, and the company believes OPA has achieved 30% share of 100G fabric market." (7/21/2016)
Are investors shorting AT&T?
AT&T saw a increase in short interest during the month of May. As of May 15th, there was short interest totalling 141,753,726 shares, an increase of 5.8% from the April 28th total of 133,959,749 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 22,970,364 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 6.2 days. Approximately 2.3% of the company's stock are short sold.
Who are some of AT&T's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to AT&T include Verizon Communications (VZ), BCE (BCE), Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd (CHT), Centurylink (CTL), Frontier Communications Corp (FTR), Shenandoah Telecommunications Company (SHEN), Cellcom Israel (CEL), ATN International (ATNI), Consolidated Communications Holdings (CNSL), Windstream Holdings (WIN), Cincinnati Bell (CBB), Alaska Communications Systems Group (ALSK), magicJack VocalTec Ltd (CALL), Inventergy Global (INVT), Alteva (ALTV) and EarthLink Holdings Corp. (ELNK).
Who owns AT&T stock?
AT&T's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Vanguard Group Inc. (6.81%), BlackRock Inc. (5.91%), State Street Corp (4.22%), Bank of New York Mellon Corp (1.16%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.00%) and Geode Capital Management LLC (0.99%). Company insiders that own AT&T stock include Geoffrey Y Yang, John T Stankey and Michael B Mccallister. View Institutional Ownership Trends for AT&T.
Who sold AT&T stock? Who is selling AT&T stock?
AT&T's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including State Street Corp, Nordea Investment Management AB, FMR LLC, Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC, Prudential Financial Inc., Credit Agricole S A, Investec Asset Management LTD and Alliancebernstein L.P.. View Insider Buying and Selling for AT&T.
Who bought AT&T stock? Who is buying AT&T stock?
AT&T's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Vanguard Group Inc., Ameriprise Financial Inc., Swiss National Bank, Geode Capital Management LLC, Karp Capital Management Corp, TIAA CREF Investment Management LLC and Teachers Advisors LLC. Company insiders that have bought AT&T stock in the last two years include Geoffrey Y Yang and Michael B Mccallister. View Insider Buying and Selling for AT&T.
How do I buy AT&T stock?
Shares of AT&T can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of AT&T stock cost?
One share of AT&T stock can currently be purchased for approximately $38.15.
Earnings History for AT&T (NYSE:T)Earnings History by Quarter for AT&T (NYSE:T)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/19/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|4/25/2017||Q1 2017||$0.74||$0.74||$40.50 billion||$39.40 billion||View||N/A|
|1/25/2017||Q416||$0.66||$0.66||$42.14 billion||$41.80 billion||View||Listen|
|7/21/2016||Q216||$0.72||$0.72||$40.75 billion||$40.50 billion||View||Listen|
|4/26/2016||Q116||$0.69||$0.72||$41.10 billion||$40.50 billion||View||Listen|
|1/26/2016||Q415||$0.63||$0.63||$42.77 billion||$42.10 billion||View||Listen|
|10/22/2015||Q315||$0.69||$0.74||$41.08 billion||$39.10 billion||View||Listen|
|7/23/2015||Q215||$0.63||$0.69||$33.04 billion||$33.00 billion||View||Listen|
|4/22/2015||Q115||$0.64||$0.63||$32.88 billion||$32.58 billion||View||Listen|
|1/27/2015||Q414||$0.58||$0.55||$34.33 billion||$34.40 billion||View||Listen|
|10/22/2014||Q314||$0.64||$0.63||$33.30 billion||$33.00 billion||View||Listen|
|7/23/2014||Q214||$0.65||$0.62||$33.41 billion||$32.60 billion||View||N/A|
|4/22/2014||Q114||$0.69||$0.71||$32.36 million||$32.50 billion||View||Listen|
|1/28/2014||Q413||$0.50||$0.53||$33.06 billion||$33.16 billion||View||Listen|
|10/23/2013||Q313||$0.66||$0.66||$32.16 billion||$32.16 billion||View||Listen|
|7/23/2013||Q2 2013||$0.68||$0.67||$31.81 billion||$32.10 billion||View||Listen|
|4/23/2013||Q1 2013||$0.64||$0.64||$31.74 billion||$31.36 billion||View||Listen|
|1/24/2013||Q4 2012||$0.46||$0.44||$32.21 billion||$32.58 billion||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for AT&T (NYSE:T)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.95
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $3.13
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for AT&T (NYSE:T)
|Most Recent Dividend:||5/1/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||2.20% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||93.78% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
67.35% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
66.22% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
|Track Record:||32 Years of Consecutive Dividend Growth|
Dividend History by Quarter for AT&T (NYSE:T)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for AT&T (NYSE:T)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.07%Insider Trades by Quarter for AT&T (NYSE:T)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 53.90%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|10/25/2016||Geoffrey Y Yang||Director||Buy||27,129||$36.91||$1,001,331.39|| |
|7/22/2016||John T Stankey||CEO||Sell||2,131||$43.38||$92,442.78|| |
|8/24/2015||Michael B Mccallister||Director||Buy||10,000||$32.93||$329,300.00|| |
|2/6/2015||Michael B Mccallister||Director||Buy||6,000||$34.98||$209,880.00|| |
|8/7/2014||Matthew K Rose||Director||Buy||30,000||$34.65||$1,039,500.00|| |
|7/30/2014||Beth E Mooney||Director||Buy||1,000||$36.26||$36,260.00|| |
|7/30/2014||Lori M Lee||VP||Sell||1,871||$36.30||$67,917.30|| |
|7/29/2014||Catherine M Coughlin||EVP||Sell||1,567||$36.64||$57,414.88|| |
|7/29/2014||John T Stankey||Insider||Sell||5,227||$36.62||$191,412.74|| |
|7/28/2014||Scott T Ford||Director||Buy||10,000||$35.59||$355,900.00|| |
|7/25/2014||Glenn H Hutchins||Director||Buy||100,000||$35.64||$3,564,000.00|| |
|11/1/2013||John Joseph Stephens||CFO||Sell||18,175||$36.25||$658,843.75|| |
|10/24/2013||Beth E Mooney||Director||Buy||1,000||$34.74||$34,740.00|| |
|7/30/2013||Michael B Mccallister||Director||Buy||9,000||$35.44||$318,960.00|| |
|11/19/2012||Matthew K Rose||Director||Buy||40,000||$33.85||$1,354,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for AT&T (NYSE:T)
Latest Headlines for AT&T (NYSE:T)
AT&T (T) Chart for Thursday, May, 25, 2017