About Microsemi (NASDAQ:MSCC)
Microsemi Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets analog and mixed-signal semiconductor solutions in the United States, Europe, and Asia. The company offers analog mixed-signal integrated circuits; field programmable gate arrays; system on chip solutions and application-specific integrated circuits; power management products; and timing and synchronization devices, and precise time solutions. It also provides voice processing devices, radio frequency solutions, discrete components, enterprise storage and communication solutions, security technologies and scalable anti-tamper products, Ethernet solutions, and power-over-Ethernet integrated circuits and midspans, as well as custom design capabilities and services. The company's products are used in various applications, such as communications infrastructure systems comprising wireless and wired LAN systems; implantable pacemakers and defibrillators; radar systems; missile systems; military and commercial satellites and aircraft; and enterprise storage and hyperscale data centers. It serves aerospace and defense, communications, data center, and industrial markets. The company was formerly known as Microsemiconductor Corp and changed its name to Microsemi Corporation in March 1983. Microsemi Corporation was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Semiconductors & related devices
SectorComputer and Technology
Trailing P/E Ratio21.09
Forward P/E Ratio19.58
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$1.81 billion
Price / Sales4.48
Cash Flow$5.4860 per share
Price / Cash12.53
Book Value$17.69 per share
Price / Book3.89
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$3.26
Net Income$176.30 million
Return on Equity16.62%
Return on Assets7.58%
Microsemi (NASDAQ:MSCC) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Microsemi's stock symbol?
Microsemi trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "MSCC."
How will Microsemi's stock buyback program work?
Microsemi announced that its board has approved a share buyback plan on Friday, July 28th 2017, which allows the company to repurchase $250,000,000.00 in outstanding shares, according to EventVestor. This repurchase authorization allows the company to buy up to 43% of its stock through open market purchases. Stock repurchase plans are typically a sign that the company's leadership believes its shares are undervalued.
How were Microsemi's earnings last quarter?
Microsemi (NASDAQ:MSCC) released its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, January, 25th. The semiconductor company reported $1.01 earnings per share for the quarter, meeting the Zacks' consensus estimate of $1.01. The semiconductor company earned $468.70 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $460.17 million. Microsemi had a return on equity of 16.62% and a net margin of 9.28%. The firm's revenue was up 7.6% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the business earned $0.86 EPS. View Microsemi's Earnings History.
What price target have analysts set for MSCC?
13 equities research analysts have issued 1-year target prices for Microsemi's shares. Their predictions range from $53.00 to $71.00. On average, they anticipate Microsemi's share price to reach $65.1618 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Microsemi.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Microsemi stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Microsemi stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Microsemi Corporation is an OEM of a broad range of high-reliability and analog/mixed signal integrated circuits. Fourth-quarter fiscal 2017 non-GAAP earnings beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate. The company's focus on improving product mix, operational efficiency, and consolidation are driving revenues and margins through 2017. Moreover, we have confidence in the company's strategic positioning, strong fundamentals and growth prospects. Microsemi's scope for margin expansion and decent balance sheet are the other positives. However, pockets of weakness related to product transition at medical customers, push-out of some communications spending in China and a softer oil & gas market continue to impact revenues. Year to date, the stock has underperformed the industry it belongs to." (11/14/2017)
- 2. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "MSCC reported in-line F4Q17 results and in-line F1Q18 guidance. More importantly, the company exceeded its $400MM FCF target post PMC acquisition close, generating $420MM in FCF in FY17. The company also beat its gross leverage target of 3.0x by the end of FY17, with gross leverage coming in at 2.9x. Further, MSCC achieved record profitability in F4Q17, with NG GM and NG OM both hitting new highs. We feel strongly the company remains on track to hit its 35% NG OM target. Lastly, management expressed confidence in its long-term 6-8% Y/Y organic growth target, driven by several product cycles. Given management’s solid execution on margins, cash flow generation and deleveraging, combined with demonstrable organic revenue growth, we reiterate our Buy rating and $61 price target." (11/10/2017)
Who are some of Microsemi's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Microsemi include TOKYO ELECTRON/ADR (TOELY), Microchip Technology (MCHP), STMicroelectronics (STM), Kyocera (KYO), Skyworks Solutions (SWKS), Xilinx (XLNX), Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM), Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), IPG Photonics (IPGP), Marvell Technology Group (MRVL), ON Semiconductor (ON), Qorvo (QRVO), ASE INDL HLDG C/S (ASX), UMC (UMC) and Semiconductor Manufacturing Int'l (SMI).
Who are Microsemi's key executives?
Microsemi's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. James J. Peterson, Chairman & CEO (Age 63)
- Mr. Paul H. Pickle, Pres & Chief Operating Officer (Age 48)
- Mr. John W. Hohener, Chief Financial Officer, Exec. VP & Treasurer (Age 63)
- Mr. David Goren, Sr. VP of Bus. Affairs, Legal & Compliance and Sec. (Age 59)
- Mr. Steven G. Litchfield, Chief Strategy Officer & Exec. VP (Age 49)
Has Microsemi been receiving favorable news coverage?
News headlines about MSCC stock have been trending somewhat positive on Monday, Accern reports. The research group identifies positive and negative news coverage by monitoring more than twenty million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Microsemi earned a news impact score of 0.11 on Accern's scale. They also assigned headlines about the semiconductor company an impact score of 46.55 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the next several days.
Who are Microsemi's major shareholders?
Microsemi's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (9.11%), Alpine Associates Management Inc. (3.19%), UBS Group AG (2.56%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.22%), Water Island Capital LLC (1.06%) and Boston Partners (0.95%). Company insiders that own Microsemi stock include David Goren, Dennis R Leibel, Frederick C Goerner, James J Peterson, John W Hohener, Paul F Folino, Paul H Pickle, Thomas Robert Anderson, William Bendush and William L Healey. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Microsemi.
Which institutional investors are selling Microsemi stock?
MSCC stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Boston Partners, Westfield Capital Management Co. LP, Millennium Management LLC, Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Federated Investors Inc. PA, Royal Bank of Canada and Rothschild Asset Management Inc.. Company insiders that have sold Microsemi company stock in the last year include David Goren, Dennis R Leibel, Frederick C Goerner, John W Hohener, Paul F Folino, Paul H Pickle and Thomas Robert Anderson. View Insider Buying and Selling for Microsemi.
Which institutional investors are buying Microsemi stock?
MSCC stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Alpine Associates Management Inc., UBS Group AG, Water Island Capital LLC, Vivaldi Asset Management LLC, Rockefeller Capital Management L.P., P Schoenfeld Asset Management LP, Omni Partners LLP and Roystone Capital Management LP. View Insider Buying and Selling for Microsemi.
How do I buy shares of Microsemi?
Shares of MSCC can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Microsemi's stock price today?
One share of MSCC stock can currently be purchased for approximately $68.74.
How big of a company is Microsemi?
Microsemi has a market capitalization of $8.11 billion and generates $1.81 billion in revenue each year. The semiconductor company earns $176.30 million in net income (profit) each year or $3.26 on an earnings per share basis. Microsemi employs 4,500 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Microsemi?
Microsemi's mailing address is ONE ENTERPRISE, ALISO VIEJO CA, 92656. The semiconductor company can be reached via phone at 949-380-6100.
MarketBeat Community Rating for Microsemi (MSCC)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Microsemi and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe MSCC will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe MSCC will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.