About NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI)
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NXP) is a holding company. The Company operates as a semiconductor company. The Company provides high performance mixed signal and standard product solutions. The Company's segments are High Performance Mixed Signal (HPMS), Standard Products (SP), and Corporate and Other. Its product solutions are used in a range of end-market applications, including automotive, personal security and identification, wireless and wireline infrastructure, mobile communications, multi-market industrial, consumer and computing. It engages with global original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and sells products in all geographic regions. NXP's HPMS segment includes business lines, such as Automotive, Secure Identification Solutions (SIS), Secure Connected Devices (SCD), and Secure Interfaces and Infrastructure (SI&I). The Company's SP segment supplies a range of standard semiconductor components, such as small signal discretes and power discretes.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Industry: Semiconductors
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Sector: Semiconductors - NEC
- Symbol: NASDAQ:NXPI
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.nxp.com
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.45%
- Current Ratio: 2.04%
- Quick Ratio: 1.59%
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 20.26
- Forward P/E Ratio: 20.02
- P/E Growth: 1
- Annual Sales: $9.498 billion
- Price / Sales: 4.12
- Cash Flow: $12.60 per share
- Price / Cash: 9.17
- Book Value: $38.31 per share
- Price / Book: 3.01
- Trailing EPS: $5.65
- Net Income: $200 million
- Net Margins: 17.21%
- Return on Equity: 15.89%
- Return on Assets: 8.18%
- Employees: 40,400
- Outstanding Shares: 339,030,000
Frequently Asked Questions for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI)
What is NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s stock symbol?
NXP Semiconductors N.V. trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "NXPI."
How were NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s earnings last quarter?
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI) announced its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, October, 26th. The semiconductor provider reported $0.26 EPS for the quarter, beating the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.08) by $0.34. The semiconductor provider had revenue of $2.47 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $3.08 million. NXP Semiconductors N.V. had a net margin of 17.21% and a return on equity of 15.89%. NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s quarterly revenue was up 62.2% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business earned $1.57 EPS. View NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s Earnings History.
When will NXP Semiconductors N.V. make its next earnings announcement?
Where is NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s stock going? Where will NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s stock price be in 2017?
16 brokers have issued 12 month target prices for NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s shares. Their forecasts range from $105.00 to $125.00. On average, they anticipate NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s share price to reach $111.73 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for NXP Semiconductors N.V..
What are Wall Street analysts saying about NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "NXP Semiconductors N.V. is a global semiconductor company. The Company designs and manufactures High Performance Mixed Signal semiconductor solutions to meet the requirements of systems and sub-systems in its target markets. High Performance Mixed Signal solutions are an optimized mix of analog and digital functionality integrated into a system or sub-system. The Company's expertise is in RF, analog, power management, interface, security and digital processing products. NXP's solutions are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. The Company claims to provide its customers improved power efficiency, functional performance, miniaturization, quality, durability and adaptability in their electronic systems and application solutions. NXP is based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, with research and development activities in Asia, Europe and the United States, and manufacturing facilities in Asia and Europe. " (10/31/2017)
- 2. Mizuho analysts commented, "Weakness in SIS was due to lower market demand and ASP compression in the segment and some commoditization. NXPI’s LT margin targets. NXPI reported operating margins of 28.4%, up 280 bps versus 2Q16. L-T NXPI has noted mid-50% GM and 31-34% OM target. Fab utilization averaged 94% for the JunQ (95% in the MarQ). Inline quarter; tweaking estimates, reiterating our Neutral and $110 PT (value of the QCOM offer). We are adjusting our SepQ rev/EPS goes from $2.3B/$1.67 to $2.3B/$1.68, F17E remains at $9.0B/$6.32 and F18E remains $9.4B/$7.38. We continue to see a combined QCOM+NXPI driving ~$1.35-1.45 in accretion for QCOMs F18E (Sep’18), with combined EPS of ~$5.21 (prior $5.20) based on our estimated QCOM F18E EPS of $3.77. On QCOMs JunQ earnings call, the company reiterated it still sees the deal to close by the end of C2017." (8/3/2017)
- 3. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "Today Qualcomm River Holdings B.V. announced that it has extended the offering period of its cash tender offer for NXPI to April 4th 2017 at 5:00pm EST. The offer will expire at this time unless terminated or further extended. (NXPI faces a termination fee of $1.25B and QCOM faces a $2.0B termination fee if the deal does not go through.) As of yesterday at market close, 58K NXPI shares have been tendered (~17.2% of shares outstanding). Currently NXPI is selling at a ~6% discount to the offer price. We continue to not only believe that this spread will narrow as regulatory approvals come in but also that the stock is worth $110 on a stand-alone basis at a 15.3x P/E on 2018 estimates." (3/8/2017)
Who are some of NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s key competitors?
Some companies that are related to NXP Semiconductors N.V. include Micron Technology (MU), Analog Devices (ADI), STMicroelectronics N.V. (STM), Microchip Technology Incorporated (MCHP), Xilinx (XLNX), Linear Technology (LLTC), Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM), Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Freescale Semiconductor Ltd (FSL), Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASX), Marvell Technology Group (MRVL), ON Semiconductor Corporation (ON), Coherent (COHR), Arrow Electronics (ARW), United Microelectronics Corporation (UMC), Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation (SMI), Microsemi Corporation (MSCC) and Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (CY).
Who are NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s key executives?
NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s management team includes the folowing people:
- Richard L. Clemmer, President, Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director (Age 65)
- Daniel J. Durn, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President (Age 50)
- Keith Shull, Chief Human Resource Officer, Executive Vice President (Age 65)
- Guido Dierick, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary (Age 57)
- David Reed, Executive Vice President, General Manager - Operations (Age 58)
- Frans Scheper, Executive Vice President, General Manager of Standard Products Applications (Age 54)
- Kurt Sievers, Executive Vice President, General Manager, HPMS Automotive (Age 47)
- Ruediger Stroh, Executive Vice President, General Manager, HPMS Identification (Age 54)
- Steve Owen, Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing (Age 56)
- Peter Kelly, Executive vice president - strategy, M&A and integration (Age 59)
Who owns NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock?
NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Cowen Inc. (0.86%), Brown Advisory Inc. (0.75%), Alpine Associates Management Inc. (0.70%), Legal & General Group Plc (0.65%), Westchester Capital Management LLC (0.54%) and Bank of New York Mellon Corp (0.51%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for NXP Semiconductors N.V..
Who sold NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock? Who is selling NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock?
NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Alpine Associates Management Inc., Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Brown Advisory Inc., Public Employees Retirement Association of Colorado, State of Tennessee Treasury Department, Westchester Capital Management LLC, KBC Group NV and State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D. View Insider Buying and Selling for NXP Semiconductors N.V..
Who bought NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock? Who is buying NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock?
NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Cowen Inc., Asset Management One Co. Ltd., First Eagle Investment Management LLC, First Trust Advisors LP, BBT Capital Management LLC, Segantii Capital Management Ltd, BNP Paribas Arbitrage SA and Neuberger Berman Group LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for NXP Semiconductors N.V..
How do I buy NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock?
Shares of NXP Semiconductors N.V. can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s stock price today?
One share of NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock can currently be purchased for approximately $115.50.
How big of a company is NXP Semiconductors N.V.?
NXP Semiconductors N.V. has a market capitalization of $39.86 billion and generates $9.498 billion in revenue each year. The semiconductor provider earns $200 million in net income (profit) each year or $5.65 on an earnings per share basis. NXP Semiconductors N.V. employs 40,400 workers across the globe.
How can I contact NXP Semiconductors N.V.?
NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s mailing address is High Tech Campus 60, EINDHOVEN, 5656 AG, Netherlands. The semiconductor provider can be reached via phone at +31-40-2729999 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MarketBeat Community Rating for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ NXPI)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about NXP Semiconductors N.V. and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Analysts' Consensus Rating for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||0 Sell Ratings, 15 Hold Ratings, 0 Buy Ratings, 1 Strong Buy Rating|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.13)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$111.73 (3.26% downside)|
Consensus Price Target History for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI)
Analysts' Ratings History for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI)
(Data available from 11/19/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/27/2017||Robert W. Baird||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$110.00||N/A|
|10/26/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Set Price Target||Hold||$115.00||N/A|
|10/26/2017||Sanford C. Bernstein||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||$125.00||N/A|
|10/4/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$110.00||Low|
|8/7/2017||Morgan Stanley||Boost Price Target||Equal Weight||$110.00 -> $117.50||Low|
|8/3/2017||Drexel Hamilton||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$110.00||Low|
|7/21/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$110.00||Low|
|6/19/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||$110.00||Low|
|5/15/2017||Instinet||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||Low|
|5/8/2017||Nomura||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||Low|
|3/8/2017||Needham & Company LLC||Reiterated Rating||Strong-Buy||$110.00||Low|
|2/7/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||N/A|
|2/7/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$110.00||N/A|
|12/21/2016||Citigroup Inc.||Initiated Coverage||Neutral||$105.00||N/A|
|10/30/2016||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||N/A|
|10/28/2016||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
|7/29/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Boost Price Target||Neutral||$97.00 -> $98.00||N/A|
|7/27/2016||Pacific Crest||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$105.00||N/A|
|7/20/2016||Summit Redstone||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$91.00||N/A|
|6/27/2016||Bank of America Corporation||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||N/A|
|5/18/2016||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|5/5/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$80.00 -> $110.00||N/A|
|4/27/2016||Topeka Capital Markets||Lower Price Target||Buy||$100.00 -> $90.00||N/A|
|4/12/2016||FBR & Co||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$105.00||N/A|
|2/18/2016||Barclays PLC||Lower Price Target||Overweight||$100.00 -> $95.00||N/A|
Earnings History and Estimates Chart for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI)
Earnings History by Quarter for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ NXPI)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|10/26/2016||Q3||($0.08)||$0.26||$3.08 million||$2.47 billion||View||Listen|
|7/27/2016||Q216||$1.35||$1.39||$2.35 billion||$2.37 billion||View||Listen|
|2/3/2016||Q4||$1.07||$1.25||$1.29 billion||$1.61 billion||View||Listen|
|10/28/2015||Q3||$1.35||$1.43||$1.55 billion||$1.52 billion||View||Listen|
|7/29/2015||Q215||$1.24||$1.29||$1.51 billion||$1.51 billion||View||Listen|
|4/29/2015||Q115||$1.17||$1.20||$1.47 billion||$1.47 billion||View||Listen|
|2/4/2015||Q414||$1.18||$1.20||$1.52 billion||$1.54 billion||View||Listen|
|10/22/2014||Q314||$1.18||$1.22||$1.50 billion||$1.52 billion||View||Listen|
|7/23/2014||Q214||$0.94||$0.94||$1.33 billion||$1.35 billion||View||Listen|
|4/23/2014||Q114||$0.81||$0.87||$1.23 billion||$1.25 billion||View||Listen|
|10/24/2013||Q313||$0.81||$0.85||$1.26 billion||$1.25 billion||View||Listen|
|4/22/2013||Q1 2013||$0.49||$0.72||$1.07 billion||$1.09 billion||View||Listen|
|1/30/2013||Q4 2012||$0.48||$0.50||$1.09 billion||$1.07 billion||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ NXPI)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Latest Headlines for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ NXPI)
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ NXPI) Chart for Sunday, November, 19, 2017