About NutriSystem (NASDAQ:NTRI)
Nutrisystem, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides weight management products and services for women and men in the United States. The company offers weight loss programs that consist primarily of a pre-packaged food program, digital tools, and counseling. It also provides Nutrisystem Lean13 program, which provides weight loss, and support and counseling services; the South Beach Diet, a weight-loss program; and Nutrisystem 5-day kit, a ?D' kit that offers individuals with or at risk of type 2 diabetes. In addition, the company provides SmartCarb and PowerFuel products, including meal replacement bars, powder shakes, baked goods and snacks; and Nutrisystem D Program, a weight loss program designed to produce gradual weight loss. It sells its pre-packaged foods to weight loss program participants directly through the Internet and telephone; a television shopping network; and retailers. Nutrisystem, Inc. was founded in 1972 and is headquartered in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Catalog & mail-order houses
Trailing P/E Ratio18.72
Forward P/E Ratio17.73
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$696.96 million
Price / Sales1.58
Cash Flow$2.5119 per share
Price / Cash14.75
Book Value$4.52 per share
Price / Book8.20
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$1.96
Net Income$57.87 million
Return on Equity42.69%
Return on Assets27.98%
NutriSystem (NASDAQ:NTRI) Frequently Asked Questions
What is NutriSystem's stock symbol?
NutriSystem trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "NTRI."
How often does NutriSystem pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for NutriSystem?
NutriSystem announced a quarterly dividend on Monday, April 30th. Investors of record on Thursday, May 10th will be given a dividend of $0.25 per share on Monday, May 21st. This represents a $1.00 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 2.71%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, May 9th. View NutriSystem's Dividend History.
How will NutriSystem's stock buyback program work?
NutriSystem announced that its Board of Directors has authorized a stock buyback program on Thursday, October 26th 2017, which allows the company to repurchase $50,000,000.00 in shares, according to EventVestor. This repurchase authorization allows the company to buy shares of its stock through open market purchases. Stock repurchase programs are usually a sign that the company's board of directors believes its stock is undervalued.
How were NutriSystem's earnings last quarter?
NutriSystem Inc. (NASDAQ:NTRI) posted its quarterly earnings results on Monday, April, 30th. The company reported $0.09 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.06 by $0.03. The business earned $210.60 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $206.85 million. NutriSystem had a net margin of 7.65% and a return on equity of 42.69%. The firm's quarterly revenue was down 1.0% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the business posted $0.25 earnings per share. View NutriSystem's Earnings History.
When is NutriSystem's next earnings date?
What guidance has NutriSystem issued on next quarter's earnings?
NutriSystem issued an update on its FY18 earnings guidance on Monday, April, 30th. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $2.04-$2.14 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of $2.04. The company issued revenue guidance of $693-$708 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $697.09 million.NutriSystem also updated its Q2 guidance to $0.78-$0.83 EPS.
What price target have analysts set for NTRI?
7 equities research analysts have issued 1 year price targets for NutriSystem's shares. Their predictions range from $43.00 to $65.00. On average, they anticipate NutriSystem's stock price to reach $50.50 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for NutriSystem.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about NutriSystem stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about NutriSystem stock:
- 1. Barrington Research analysts commented, "We are maintaining our MARKET PERFORM investment rating, as the company focuses on rebuilding growth in the core NTRI brand. Company Description Nutrisystem, Inc. engages in the provision of weight management products and services. It offers weight loss programs sold primarily online and over the telephone and multi‐day kits and single items available at select retail locations. It also provides pre‐ packaged food program, digital tools, and counseling. The company was founded in 1971 and is headquartered in Fort Washington, PA." (5/21/2018)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Nutrisystem, Inc. is a leader in the weight loss industry, having helped millions of people loses weight. From the flagship Nutrisystem brand comes the clinically-tested Nutrisystem Lean13 program, designed to deliver weight loss of up to 13 pounds and seven inches in the first month. South Beach Diet became an all-new structured meal delivery weight-loss program following the acquisition of the brand. Additional Nutrisystem branded weight-loss products include Fast 5 and Turbo 10, as well as multi-day kits and individual products at select retail outlets. " (5/9/2018)
- 3. B. Riley analysts commented, "We had previewed an in line or better print and highlighted management’s increased visibility into 2H, which may have disappointed some who were expecting a much stronger beat like we saw the first two quarters this year that benefited from positive volatility from new customer acquisitions that are weighted toward the beginning of the year. Trading around NTRI’s print can be wild, but the stock sold off sharply after hours, which could potentially present a buying opportunity following strong quarterly results and guide up for the full year. The response appears to be all too similar to Q2." (10/26/2017)
Who are some of NutriSystem's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to NutriSystem include YOOX NET A PORT/S (YXOXY), Baozun (BZUN), Stitch Fix (SFIX), Insight Enterprises (NSIT), Systemax (SYX), Overstock.com (OSTK), PC Connection (CNXN), Blue Apron (APRN), PCM (PCMI), Lightinthebox (LITB), Netshoes (CAYMAN) (NETS), EVINE Live (EVLV), Youngevity International (YGYI) and dELiA*s (DLIAQ).
Who are NutriSystem's key executives?
NutriSystem's management team includes the folowing people:
- Ms. Dawn M. Zier, Pres, CEO & Director (Age 53)
- Mr. Michael P. Monahan, Exec. VP of Admin. & CFO (Age 46)
- Ms. Keira Krausz, Exec. VP & Chief Marketing Officer (Age 52)
- Mr. Ralph J. Mauro Esq., Sr. VP, Gen. Counsel & Sec.
- Ms. Robin McConnell Shallow, Sr. VP of Communications
Has NutriSystem been receiving favorable news coverage?
News headlines about NTRI stock have trended positive this week, Accern Sentiment reports. Accern identifies positive and negative press coverage by reviewing more than twenty million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. NutriSystem earned a news sentiment score of 0.28 on Accern's scale. They also gave news articles about the company an impact score of 46.51 out of 100, indicating that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company's share price in the near future.
Who are NutriSystem's major shareholders?
NutriSystem's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include BlackRock Inc. (13.71%), Eagle Asset Management Inc. (7.16%), Thrivent Financial for Lutherans (3.83%), Wells Fargo & Company MN (2.24%), Prudential Financial Inc. (1.88%) and State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D (1.83%). Company insiders that own NutriSystem stock include Andrea Weiss, Brian Tierney, Dawn M Zier, Jay Herratti, Keira Krausz, Michael P Monahan and Robert F Bernstock. View Institutional Ownership Trends for NutriSystem.
Which major investors are selling NutriSystem stock?
NTRI stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Prudential Financial Inc., Victory Capital Management Inc., Robeco Institutional Asset Management B.V., Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Russell Investments Group Ltd., New Amsterdam Partners LLC NY and Eagle Asset Management Inc.. Company insiders that have sold NutriSystem company stock in the last year include Dawn M Zier, Jay Herratti, Keira Krausz, Michael P Monahan and Robert F Bernstock. View Insider Buying and Selling for NutriSystem.
Which major investors are buying NutriSystem stock?
NTRI stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D, BlackRock Inc., Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, Granite Investment Partners LLC, American Century Companies Inc., Spark Investment Management LLC, Elk Creek Partners LLC and Lapides Asset Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for NutriSystem.
How do I buy shares of NutriSystem?
Shares of NTRI can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is NutriSystem's stock price today?
One share of NTRI stock can currently be purchased for approximately $36.95.
How big of a company is NutriSystem?
NutriSystem has a market capitalization of $1.09 billion and generates $696.96 million in revenue each year. The company earns $57.87 million in net income (profit) each year or $1.96 on an earnings per share basis. NutriSystem employs 606 workers across the globe.
How can I contact NutriSystem?
NutriSystem's mailing address is Fort Washington Executive Center 600 OFFICE CENTER DRIVE, FORT WASHINGTON PA, 19034. The company can be reached via phone at 215-706-5300 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for NutriSystem (NTRI)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about NutriSystem and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe NTRI will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe NTRI will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.