Viacom Inc. offers global media brands that create television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, applications, games, consumer products, social media experiences and other entertainment content. As of September 30, 2016, the Company offered its services for audiences in more than 180 countries. The Company operates through two segments: Media Networks and Filmed Entertainment. The Media Networks segment creates, acquires and distributes programming and other content for audiences The Media Networks segment provides entertainment content and related branded products for advertisers, content distributors and retailers. The Filmed Entertainment segment produces, finances, acquires and distributes motion pictures, television programming and other entertainment content under the Paramount Pictures, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Paramount Animation, Insurge Pictures, Nickelodeon Movies, MTV Films and Paramount Television brands.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: Entertainment - Diversified
- Sub-Industry: Movies & Entertainment
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: VIAB
- CUSIP: 92553P20
- Previous Close: $43.99
- 50 Day Moving Average: $40.70
- 200 Day Moving Average: $38.72
- 52-Week Range: $33.94 - $46.69
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 12.62
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 10.65
- P/E Growth: 2.67
- Market Cap: $17.46B
- Outstanding Shares: 396,896,000
- Beta: 1.33
- Net Margins: 10.94%
- Return on Equity: 33.25%
- Return on Assets: 6.19%
Companies Related to Viacom:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 2.61%
- Current Ratio: 1.19%
- Quick Ratio: 0.97%
What is Viacom's stock symbol?
Viacom trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "VIAB."
How often does Viacom pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Viacom?
Viacom announced a quarterly dividend on Monday, February 6th. Stockholders of record on Wednesday, March 15th will be given a dividend of $0.20 per share on Monday, April 3rd. This represents a $0.80 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 1.82%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Monday, March 13th.
Where is Viacom's stock going? Where will Viacom's stock price be in 2017?
35 brokerages have issued 12 month target prices for Viacom's stock. Their forecasts range from $26.00 to $56.00. On average, they expect Viacom's stock price to reach $42.69 in the next year.
When will Viacom announce their earnings?
Viacom is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Wednesday, April, 26th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Viacom stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Viacom stock:
FBR & Co analysts commented, "With this note, we are updating Viacom estimates, after the company’s recent F1Q17 earnings report." (2/14/2017)
- Instinet analysts commented, "This morning, Viacom's President and CEO, Bob Bakish, clearly delivered a five-point strategy to energize and improve Viacom's brand and operations. Of course, Mr. Bakish inherits a tough hand, as Viacom's assets have (in the view of many investors) been mismanaged and underutilized for so long. Moreover, as we've argued for some time, brands like MTV and Comedy Central are subject to greater competition and fragmentation given their emphasis on younger, mobile-first audiences. That said, we are encouraged by management's clearly articulated strategy, a new path that in and of itself should incrementally support the stock's valuation multiple. We increase our CY18 target P/E multiple to 11x, which leads to our new Target Price of $45 (up from $40). However, we maintain our rating and await sustained improvements in ratings and affiliate fee recovery for Viacom's 'flagship 6' networks." (2/10/2017)
- Wells Fargo & Company analysts commented, "We don't do this often ' upgrade on a first look at numbers. But, today's results prove to us that the turnaround is real and likely to continue. From a very high level, everything beat ' revenue by 480bps, OI by 1,240bps and EPS by $0.17. We also think that the strategic plan CEO Bakish has put in place makes sense ' and is somewhat similar to what TWX implemented a few years ago (i.e. recall that TWX got rid of the 'silos' that had existed between its various brands, as well as between its domestic and international segments), which seemed to have worked. While the conference call is yet to begin (it's at 8:30 am ET), we don't need to wait. We think today's results & strategic overview are enough to move Street numbers higher and to boost VIAB's severely discounted valuation. While we do NOT believe VIAB warrants the same NTM P/E multiple as its peers, we do think the current 5x discount should narrow. Hence, we upgrade to Outperform from Market Perform, boost our val to $48-50 (12.5x NTM P/E vs. the sector average of 14.5x) from $38-40, and raise our F'17 and F'18 ests.to $4.10 and $4.19 from $3.93 and $4.04, respectively, due to the flow through of today's results." (2/9/2017)
- Wedbush analysts commented, "although investment in Paramount by Chinese film groups, Shanghai Film Group and Huahua Media, is a highlight of investors' current honeymoon with new CEO, shares have outrun likely 2017/18 EPS improvement. The deal could help normalize Paramount's drag on profits, but the bigger picture remains the deterioration of Media Networks as the principal contributor to VIAB's top and bottom line growth. While MTV turnaround remains management's focus, we have yet to see meaningful improvement in y/y ratings trends for the U.S. network portfolio as a whole. Moreover, with no material carriage renewals up in 2017, affiliate fee growth catalysts are a ways out. With less chance of a stake sale in Paramount or CBS merger, we shift our valuation to a stand-alone SoTP analysis, raise our PT to $41, and remain on the sidelines." (2/6/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Viacom announced that Robert Bakish will takeover as Acting President and CEO from Nov 15, succeeding Tom Dooley who has resigned. The company has formed a new division, Viacom Global Entertainment Group, which combines Viacom’s International Media Networks division and Music and Entertainment Group. Viacom's Board has received a request to consider a merger with CBS Corp. from National Amusements Inc. (NAI) which owns majority voting shares in both CBS Corp. and Viacom. Viacom has been struggling due to stiff competition from media companies as well as spiraling programming expenses, decline in cable T.V. demand, and weaker ratings. Adding further to the company's issues, it also slashed dividends by half to $0.20 per share. Viacom expects adjusted diluted earnings per share for the fiscal fourth quarter to be in the range of $0.65 to $0.70. The company will be announcing its fourth quarter results on Nov 9." (11/4/2016)
Who owns Viacom stock?
Viacom's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include State Street Corp (3.86%), FMR LLC (1.72%), Prudential PLC (1.08%), NWQ Investment Management Company LLC (0.72%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.54%) and Renaissance Technologies LLC (0.29%). Company insiders that own Viacom stock include Michael D Fricklas and Ronald L Nelson.
Who sold Viacom stock? Who is selling Viacom stock?
Viacom's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Credit Agricole S A, O Shaughnessy Asset Management LLC, NWQ Investment Management Company LLC, Horizon Kinetics LLC, Martingale Asset Management L P, Capital Guardian Trust Co., GSA Capital Partners LLP and Aviva PLC.
Who bought Viacom stock? Who is buying Viacom stock?
Viacom's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Renaissance Technologies LLC, Prudential PLC, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., FMR LLC, Honeycomb Asset Management LP, Two Sigma Investments LP, State Street Corp and Russell Investments Group Ltd..
How do I buy Viacom stock?
Shares of Viacom can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Viacom stock cost?
One share of Viacom stock can currently be purchased for approximately $43.99.