About Verastem (NASDAQ:VSTM)
Verastem, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on developing and commercializing drugs for the treatment of cancer. Its programs target the focal adhesion kinase (FAK) and the phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) signaling pathways. The company's lead FAK inhibitor is defactinib, an orally available candidate for combination therapy with immuno-oncology agents and other anti-cancer compounds. Its defactinib is in Phase 1b study for the treatment of pancreatic cancer, as well as in Phase 1/2 clinical trial for the treatment of ovarian cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, mesothelioma, and pancreatic cancer. The company also engages in developing duvelisib, an investigational oral therapy that targets the PI3K signaling pathway, as well as attacks malignant B-cells and T-cells and disrupt the tumor microenvironment to help thwart their growth and proliferation for patients with hematologic cancers through the dual inhibition of PI3K delta and gamma. Its duvelisib is in Phase 3 randomized and late-and mid-stage clinical trials for the treatment of patients with relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia or small lymphocytic lymphoma, as well as completed the Phase 2 study for the treatment of patients with double-refractory indolent non-Hodgkin lymphoma. The company has license agreements with Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; and Pfizer, Inc. Verastem, Inc. was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Needham, Massachusetts.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Pharmaceutical preparations
Trailing P/E Ratio-3.71
Forward P/E Ratio-4.41
Sales & Book Value
Price / SalesN/A
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$1.19 per share
Price / Book5.49
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($1.76)
Return on Equity-163.60%
Return on Assets-107.14%
Verastem (NASDAQ:VSTM) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Verastem's stock symbol?
Verastem trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "VSTM."
How were Verastem's earnings last quarter?
Verastem Inc (NASDAQ:VSTM) announced its earnings results on Tuesday, May, 8th. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($0.41) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of ($0.39) by $0.02. View Verastem's Earnings History.
When is Verastem's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for VSTM?
9 Wall Street analysts have issued 12-month price objectives for Verastem's shares. Their forecasts range from $1.50 to $17.00. On average, they expect Verastem's stock price to reach $12.1875 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Verastem.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Verastem stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Verastem stock:
- 1. HC Wainwright analysts commented, "Olga Smolentseva, Ph.D. – (646-975-6966) / [email protected] Our Takeaways From Verastem Investor Day; Reiterate Buy We anticipate duvelisib approval in 4Q18. On May 2, Verastem Oncology held an Analyst and Investor Day in New York and provided an overview on duvelisib’s development and management’s plans for the drug’s commercial launch. Recall, on February 7, Verastem filed a NDA application for duvelisib, the company’s dual PI3K-γ/δ inhibitor, for the treatment of relapsed/refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia and small lymphocytic lymphoma (r/r CLL/ SLL). The company has also filed for an accelerated approval of duvelisib for the treatment of follicular lymphoma (FL). We note that the FDA has granted a priority review for the duvelisib application, with the PDUFA date scheduled for October 5." (5/3/2018)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Verastem, Inc., a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on discovering and developing drugs to improve outcomes for patients with cancer. Its programs target the focal adhesion kinase (FAK) and the phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)/mTOR signaling pathways. Its lead FAK inhibitor is defactinib (VS-6063), an orally available candidate for combination therapy with immuno-oncology agents and other anti-cancer compounds. The company's defactinib is in Phase 1b study for the treatment of pancreatic cancer, as well as in Phase 1/2 clinical trial for the treatment of ovarian cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, mesothelioma, and pancreatic cancer. It also engages in developing duvelisib, an investigational oral therapy that targets the PI3K signaling pathway, as well as attacks malignant B-cells and T-cells and disrupt the tumor microenvironment to help thwart their growth and proliferation for patients with lymphatic cancers through the dual inhibition of PI3K delta and gamma. " (3/20/2018)
- 3. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "Working off Overhangs. We think VSTM shares are undervalued relative to the duvelisib opportunity, and this is partly a function, in our view, of overhangs, particularly cash. VSTM had just under $87 mln in cash, which is sufficient to fund the company into 2H18, but will need additional capital to see duvelisib through commercialization. VSTM has an additional $35 mln available under a debt facility, and the company could add additional cash through a partner deal. It has been our anticipation that VSTM will need to address the capital markets in some way in 2018." (3/13/2018)
- 4. Cann analysts commented, "Verastem announced today that a poster highlighting the synergistic effects of Duvelisib in combination with immune checkpoint or co-stimulatory antibodies in preclinical models of B cell lymphoma was presented at ASCO-SITC Clinical Immuno- Oncology Symposium. The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether Duvelisib therapy could augment the efficacy of immune checkpoint inhibitors or co-stimulatory agents in the A20 mouse model of B cell lymphoma. Verastem reported that as a result of beneficial changes within the tumor microenvironment, it observed enhancement by Duvelisib of the anti-tumor efficacy of immune checkpoint or co-stimulatory antibodies in this preclinical B cell lymphoma model." (1/26/2018)
Who are some of Verastem's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Verastem include Innoviva (INVA), Wave Life Sciences (WVE), Myovant Sciences (MYOV), Amneal Pharmaceuticals (AMRX), Mirati Therapeutics (MRTX), Radius Health (RDUS), Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (LXRX), Deciphera Pharmaceuticals (DCPH), Impax Laboratories (IPXL), IMMURON Ltd/S (IMRN), ImmunoGen (IMGN), Uniqure (QURE), Theravance Biopharma (TBPH), Apellis Pharmaceuticals (APLS) and Zai Lab (ZLAB).
Who are Verastem's key executives?
Verastem's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Robert Forrester, Pres, CEO & Director (Age 54)
- Ms. Julie B. Feder, Chief Financial Officer (Age 47)
- Dr. NgocDiep T Le M.D., Ph.D., Chief Medical Officer (Age 50)
- Mr. Richard H. Aldrich, Founder and Consultant (Age 64)
- Dr. Robert A. Weinberg, Co-Founder and Chair of Scientific Advisory Board
Has Verastem been receiving favorable news coverage?
Media stories about VSTM stock have been trending somewhat positive on Monday, according to Accern Sentiment. The research firm identifies negative and positive news coverage by monitoring more than twenty million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Verastem earned a daily sentiment score of 0.07 on Accern's scale. They also assigned news stories about the biopharmaceutical company an impact score of 46.93 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the next several days.
Who are Verastem's major shareholders?
Verastem's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include BVF Inc. IL (5.37%), BlackRock Inc. (1.84%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.96%), Millennium Management LLC (0.53%), GSA Capital Partners LLP (0.49%) and Victory Capital Management Inc. (0.54%). Company insiders that own Verastem stock include Joseph M Lobacki, Michael Kauffman, Steven H Bloom and Timothy J Barberich. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Verastem.
Which major investors are selling Verastem stock?
VSTM stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Millennium Management LLC, Royal Bank of Canada and UBS Group AG. View Insider Buying and Selling for Verastem.
Which major investors are buying Verastem stock?
VSTM stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BVF Inc. IL, Victory Capital Management Inc., GSA Capital Partners LLP, BlackRock Inc., Alambic Investment Management L.P., Element Capital Management LLC, ClariVest Asset Management LLC and Northern Trust Corp. Company insiders that have bought Verastem stock in the last two years include Joseph M Lobacki, Steven H Bloom and Timothy J Barberich. View Insider Buying and Selling for Verastem.
How do I buy shares of Verastem?
Shares of VSTM can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Verastem's stock price today?
One share of VSTM stock can currently be purchased for approximately $6.53.
How big of a company is Verastem?
Verastem has a market capitalization of $374.21 million. The biopharmaceutical company earns $-67,800,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($1.76) on an earnings per share basis. Verastem employs 69 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Verastem?
Verastem's mailing address is 117 KENDRICK STREET SUITE 500, NEEDHAM MA, 02494. The biopharmaceutical company can be reached via phone at 781-292-4200 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Verastem (VSTM)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Verastem and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe VSTM will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe VSTM will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.