About Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
Cubic Corporation (Cubic) designs, integrates and operates systems, products and services that provide situational awareness for its customers in the transportation and defense industries. The Company operates in three business segments across the global transportation and defense markets, which include Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS), Cubic Global Defense (CGD) and Cubic Global Defense Services (CGD Services). The Company's CTS segment is a systems integrator of payment and information technology and services for travel solutions. The Company's CGD Systems is focused on two primary lines of business: training systems and secure communications (SC) products. The Company's CGD Services segment is a provider of training, operations, intelligence, maintenance, technical and other support services to the United States government and its agencies and allied nations. It also provides cross-domain hardware solutions to address multi-level security challenges across common networks.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Aerospace & Defense
- Sub-Industry: Aerospace & Defense
- Symbol: NYSE:CUB
- CUSIP: 22966910
- Web: www.cubic.com
- Market Cap: $1.44 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 27,126,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $49.12
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $47.34
- 52 Week Range: $39.58 - $55.65
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 32.15
- P/E Growth: -0.74
- Annual Revenue: $1.45 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.99
- Book Value: $24.39 per share
- Price / Book: 2.18
- Annual Dividend: $0.27
- Dividend Yield: 0.5%
- EBITDA: $53.94 million
- Net Margins: -2.20%
- Return on Equity: -4.74%
- Return on Assets: -2.22%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.30%
- Current Ratio: 1.71%
- Quick Ratio: 1.41%
- Average Volume: 157,631 shs.
- Beta: 1.04
- Short Ratio: 16.61
Frequently Asked Questions for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
What is Cubic Corporation's stock symbol?
Cubic Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "CUB."
How often does Cubic Corporation pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Cubic Corporation?
Cubic Corporation announced a semiannual dividend on Monday, August 14th. Investors of record on Friday, September 1st will be paid a dividend of $0.135 per share on Friday, September 15th. This represents a yield of 0.62%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, August 30th. View Cubic Corporation's Dividend History.
How were Cubic Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB) posted its earnings results on Thursday, August, 3rd. The company reported ($0.81) EPS for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of $0.05 by $0.86. The business earned $361.87 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $383.47 million. Cubic Corporation had a negative return on equity of 4.74% and a negative net margin of 2.20%. The company's revenue for the quarter was down 3.6% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted $0.17 earnings per share. View Cubic Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Cubic Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Cubic Corporation's stock going? Where will Cubic Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
6 equities research analysts have issued twelve-month target prices for Cubic Corporation's shares. Their predictions range from $53.00 to $60.00. On average, they expect Cubic Corporation's share price to reach $56.67 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Cubic Corporation.
What are analysts saying about Cubic Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cubic Corporation stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Cubic Corporation is the parent company of two major business segments: defense and transportation. The Cubic Defense Applications group is a world leader in realistic combat training systems, mission support services and defense electronics. Cubic Transportation Systems designs and manufactures automatic fare collection systems for public transit authorities. Cubic Transportation Systems designs, manufactures and integrates automatic fare collection systems for public transit projects throughout the world. This includes rail, bus and parking lot systems. The company supplies contactless smart cards; magnetic stripe cards; device software; and transit hardware including gates, ticket machines and card readers. Cubic Defense Applications provides realistic live combat training systems for military forces as well as virtual training systems, constructive simulation support, force modernization, battle command training and education and engineering & technical support. " (10/10/2017)
- 2. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "Date and time of first dissemination: August 10, 2017, 09:39 ET Date and time of production: August 10, 2017, 09:39 ET Target Price / Valuation Methodology: Cubic Corporation – CUB Our $50 price target is based on the weighted blend of a 33x EPS multiple and a 14x multiple on our adjusted 2018 EBITDA estimate. Risks to achieving Target Price / Valuation: Cubic Corporation – CUB A few of the investment risks for Cubic Corp include the potential for financial statement restatements (the company restated YE2013/2012 on May 2014 and has completed two restatements in the last three years), issues with internal control over financial reporting (the company addressed earlier this year, defense spending by U.S. and allied nations, government contractor bill rates and contracting terms, acquisition integration, FX rates and interest rate movements, contract timing in the CTS business, transport project management and cost control, specific DoD program timing and contract award schedules, technology integration into the government and transport markets, competitive consolidation and program bidding, M&A opportunities and pipeline." (8/10/2017)
- 3. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "CUB posted FQ1 results after the close yesterday that were better than we were expecting. By CUB standards,it was a relatively clean quarter and business appears to be tracking expectations in both the Defense and Transportation segments. CUB's defense business (60% of revs) was stronger than expected, with faster growth in Defense Systems. Mgmt remains optimistic about its pipeline of opportunities in Transportation (40% of revs). CUB appears well positioned to win the large multi-year MTA contactless fare card contract in NYC. Mgmt reaffirmed guidance for 3-6% rev growth for F17 and 10% growth in adj. EBITDA at the midpoint of its F17 guidance. We are tweaking our estimates for F17 and F18 and continue to look for significant improvement in profitability in F18. We reiterate our Buy rating." (2/10/2017)
Who are some of Cubic Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Cubic Corporation include Mercury Systems (MRCY), DigitalGlobe (DGI), Triumph Group (TGI), QinetiQ Group plc (QQ), Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (KTOS), Ultra Electronics Holdings plc (ULE), AeroVironment (AVAV), TASER International (AAXN), Astronics Corporation (ATRO), Chemring Group plc (CHG), Avation PLC (AVAP), American Science & Engineering (ASEI), B/E Aerospace (BEAV), Colliers International UK PLC (COL), Exelis (XLS) and Moog (MOG).
Who are Cubic Corporation's key executives?
Cubic Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- Bradley H. Feldmann, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- John D. Thomas CPA, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- James R. Edwards, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary
- Mark A. Harrison CPA, Senior Vice President and Corporate Controller
- David H. Buss, Senior Vice President and President of Cubic Global Defense
- Matthew J. Cole, Senior Vice President; President of Cubic Transportation Systems
- Diane Giuliani, Senior Vice President - global Business Development and Strategy of Cubic Global Defense
- Michael R. Twyman, Senior Vice President and President, Cubic Mission Solutions
- Jan Marshall, Chief Information Officer
- Gregory L. Tanner, Vice President, Treasurer
How do I buy Cubic Corporation stock?
Shares of Cubic Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Cubic Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Cubic Corporation (NYSE CUB)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Cubic Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Cubic Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $53.05.
Consensus Ratings for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||6 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 3.00)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$56.67 (6.82% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
Analysts' Ratings History for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/11/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$49.00 -> $58.00||N/A|
|9/28/2017||Needham & Company LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy -> Buy||$48.00 -> $56.00||Medium|
|9/25/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$50.00 -> $55.00||Low|
|9/22/2017||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Boost Price Target||Mkt Perform -> Buy||Low|
|8/10/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Upgrade||Neutral -> Overweight||$53.00||High|
|12/22/2016||Drexel Hamilton||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$58.00||N/A|
|2/5/2016||Benchmark Co.||Lower Price Target||Buy||$50.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)Earnings History by Quarter for Cubic Corporation (NYSE CUB)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/3/2017||Q3 2017||$0.05||($0.81)||$383.47 million||$361.87 million||View||Listen|
|5/8/2017||Q2 2017||$0.08||$0.02||$365.04 million||$343.71 million||View||Listen|
|2/9/2017||Q1 2017||($0.06)||($0.11)||$330.36 million||$334.70 million||View||Listen|
|11/21/2016||Q416||$0.17||($0.29)||$390.30 million||$406.60 million||View||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Q316||$0.29||$0.17||$387.41 million||$375.20 million||View||N/A|
|5/2/2016||Q216||$0.23||$0.38||$349.70 million||$366.00 million||View||N/A|
|2/4/2016||Q116||$0.28||($0.20)||$330.33 million||$313.81 million||View||N/A|
|11/23/2015||Q315||$0.96||$0.74||$411.17 million||$425.90 million||View||Listen|
|8/6/2015||Q215||$0.57||$0.33||$355.51 million||$347.80 million||View||N/A|
|5/18/2015||Q115||$0.65||$0.68||$321.51 million||$338.80 million||View||N/A|
|11/25/2014||Q414||$0.93||$1.22||$390.50 million||$396.40 million||View||N/A|
|8/4/2014||Q314||$0.75||$0.45||$370.90 million||$340.40 million||View||N/A|
|5/12/2014||Q214||$0.65||$0.60||$316.08 million||$354.50 million||View||N/A|
|8/1/2013||Q3 2013||$0.65||$0.69||$349.55 million||$340.45 million||View||N/A|
|5/2/2013||Q2 2013||$0.67||$1.02||$334.37 million||$364.30 million||View||N/A|
|2/11/2013||Q1 2013||$0.70||$0.47||$315.77 million||$313.37 million||View||N/A|
|12/9/2010||$0.62||$0.63||$295.08 million||$347.71 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.62 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.65 EPS
Current Dividend Information for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
|Most Recent Dividend:||9/15/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||4.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||-22.69% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
-43.55% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
16.36% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Cubic Corporation (NYSE CUB)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 7.86%Insider Trades by Quarter for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 87.91%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|2/27/2017||Janice M Hamby||Director||Buy||95||$52.95||$5,030.25|| |
|11/28/2016||Bradley H Feldmann||CEO||Buy||11||$46.33||$509.63|| |
|11/28/2016||Janice M Hamby||Director||Buy||100||$47.25||$4,725.00|| |
|8/19/2016||Janice M Hamby||Director||Buy||200||$47.60||$9,520.00|| |
|2/29/2016||Janice M Hamby||Director||Buy||30||$35.15||$1,054.50|| |
|2/25/2016||Bruce G Blakley||Director||Buy||200||$33.92||$6,784.00|| |
|2/19/2016||Bradley H Feldmann||CEO||Buy||3,050||$33.36||$101,748.00|| |
|2/17/2016||John H Warner Jr||Director||Buy||3,000||$32.94||$98,820.00|| |
|2/12/2016||John D Thomas||CFO||Buy||100||$31.48||$3,148.00|| |
|2/12/2016||William J Toti||SVP||Buy||625||$32.14||$20,087.50|| |
|2/11/2016||Mark Harrison||SVP||Buy||1,000||$31.20||$31,200.00|| |
|2/10/2016||John D. Thomas||CFO||Buy||2,000||$31.46||$62,920.00|| |
|2/9/2016||John H. Warner, Jr.||Director||Buy||9,000||$31.71||$285,390.00|| |
|2/8/2016||James R. Edwards||SVP||Buy||322||$31.07||$10,004.54|| |
|2/8/2016||Matthew James Cole||Insider||Buy||634||$31.30||$19,844.20|| |
|11/10/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||10,000||$44.27||$442,700.00|| |
|11/9/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||10,000||$44.64||$446,400.00|| |
|11/2/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||183,060||$44.81||$8,202,918.60|| |
|6/24/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||31,400||$49.83||$1,564,662.00|| |
|6/23/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||70,000||$49.63||$3,474,100.00|| |
|6/22/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||33,053||$49.02||$1,620,258.06|| |
|12/22/2014||Bradley H Feldmann||CEO||Sell||7,700||$53.22||$409,794.00|| |
|10/1/2014||John D Thomas||CFO||Sell||2,500||$53.75||$134,375.00|| |
|8/19/2014||Stephen O Shewmaker||EVP||Sell||1,000||$45.82||$45,820.00|| |
|6/12/2014||William W Boyle||CEO||Sell||1,360||$48.15||$65,484.00|| |
|12/18/2013||Bradley Feldmann||COO||Sell||4,015||$49.15||$197,337.25|| |
|6/19/2013||Karen Zable Cox||Major Shareholder||Sell||347,250||$45.75||$15,886,687.50|| |
|5/21/2013||Karen Zable Cox||Major Shareholder||Sell||2,315,000||$45.75||$105,911,250.00|| |
|12/21/2012||Karen Zable Cox||Major Shareholder||Sell||15,000||$47.90||$718,500.00|| |
Headline Trends for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
Latest Headlines for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Cubic Corporation (CUB) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017