First Data Corporation is a provider of commerce-enabling technology and solutions for merchants, financial institutions and card issuers. The Company's segments are Global Business Solutions (GBS), Global Financial Solutions (GFS), Network & Security Solutions (NSS), and Corporate. The GBS segment provides businesses of all sizes and types with a range of solutions at the point of sale, including merchant acquiring, e-commerce, mobile commerce, point-of-sale, and other business solutions. The GFS segment provides financial institutions, which include bank and non-bank issuers, such as retailers with card portfolios, with a range of solutions that enable them to offer financial products and solutions to their customers. The NSS segment provides a range of network solutions and security, risk and fraud management solutions to business and financial institution clients in its GBS and GFS segments, and to financial institutions, businesses, governments, processors and other clients.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Business Services
- Industry: N/A
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:FDC
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.firstdata.com
- Market Cap: $15.29 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 919,045,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $15.89
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $15.44
- 52 Week Range: $9.90 - $17.01
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 30.04
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 10.15
- P/E Growth: 0.62
- Annual Revenue: $7.85 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.95
- Book Value: $1.49 per share
- Price / Book: 11.17
- EBIDTA: $2.75 billion
- Net Margins: 3.63%
- Return on Equity: 25.67%
- Return on Assets: 2.84%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 4.66%
- Current Ratio: 1.07%
- Quick Ratio: 1.07%
- Average Volume: 3.27 million shs.
- Beta: 1.76
- Short Ratio: 6.46
Frequently Asked Questions for First Data Corp (NYSE:FDC)
What is First Data Corp's stock symbol?
First Data Corp trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "FDC."
How were First Data Corp's earnings last quarter?
First Data Corp (NYSE:FDC) released its quarterly earnings data on Monday, May, 8th. The company reported $0.28 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.21 by $0.07. The business earned $2.80 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $2.78 billion. First Data Corp had a net margin of 3.63% and a return on equity of 25.67%. The firm's quarterly revenue was up .9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the company earned $0.24 EPS. View First Data Corp's Earnings History.
Where is First Data Corp's stock going? Where will First Data Corp's stock price be in 2017?
25 analysts have issued twelve-month target prices for First Data Corp's shares. Their forecasts range from $15.00 to $20.00. On average, they anticipate First Data Corp's stock price to reach $17.59 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for First Data Corp.
What are analysts saying about First Data Corp stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about First Data Corp stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "First Data Corporation is a commerce-enabling technology and solutions company. It provides merchant transaction processing and acquiring; credit, retail and debit card issuing and processing; prepaid services and check verification, settlement and guarantee services. First Data Corporation is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. " (4/14/2017)
- 2. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "While we don't expect a material miss from FDC this quarter, we are somewhat negative into results for three key reasons. First and foremost is valuation. Although the stock is still by far the cheapest in the group on EPS, the recent rally has the stock now trading a half-point premium to TSS despite similar growth prospects and much higher leverage. Second, we continue to be concerned about FDC's domestic acquiring business as relatively high attrition may limit its ability to support revenue growth with pricing. Finally, we note that FCF can be volatile and our model suggests timing differences and seasonality may result in a shortfall this quarter. As a result, while we're still attracted to the longer-term deleveraging story, we continue to wait for a more compelling entry point and/or material progress in turning around merchant acquiring." (1/30/2017)
- 3. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "We initiate coverage of First Data Corporation (FDC) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $15, offering 6% downside currently. Our Neutral rating is based on the company's lower than industry growth rate and heavy leverage. FDC is the largest merchant acquirer in the U.S. with a strong position in purchase transaction processing and a solid footprint globally. We would like to see growth move closer to industry average and significant progress on deleveraging before getting constructive on the name." (1/26/2017)
Are investors shorting First Data Corp?
First Data Corp saw a increase in short interest in the month of April. As of April 28th, there was short interest totalling 22,743,396 shares, an increase of 17.1% from the April 13th total of 19,425,834 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 2,847,470 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is currently 8.0 days. Approximately 6.7% of the company's shares are short sold.
Who are some of First Data Corp's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to First Data Corp include WPP plc - American Depositary Shares each representing five (WPPGY), Fidelity National Information Servcs (FIS), Fiserv (FISV), Republic Services (RSG), Paychex (PAYX), Sodexo SA (SDXAY), Experian plc (EXPGY), Omnicom Group (OMC), IHS Markit Ltd (INFO), Cap Gemini SA (CGEMY), Publicis Groupe SA (PUBGY), Waste Connections (WCN), Equifax (EFX), Global Payments (GPN), Nielsen N.V. (NLSN), Alliance Data Systems (ADS), FleetCor Technologies (FLT) and Verisk Analytics (VRSK).
Who owns First Data Corp stock?
First Data Corp's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include FMR LLC (5.22%), Vanguard Group Inc. (3.28%), Stone Point Capital LLC (2.30%), BlackRock Inc. (1.54%), Sound Shore Management Inc. CT (1.37%) and Bank of New York Mellon Corp (1.29%). Company insiders that own First Data Corp stock include Barry C Mccarthy, Frank Bisignano, Heidi Miller, James E Nevels, Joseph J Plumeri, Leon G Cooperman, Matthew Cagwin, Michael K Neborak and Scott C Nuttall. View Institutional Ownership Trends for First Data Corp.
Who sold First Data Corp stock? Who is selling First Data Corp stock?
First Data Corp's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Glenview Capital Management LLC, Cibc World Markets Corp, Omega Advisors Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Teacher Retirement System of Texas, Renaissance Technologies LLC and Epoch Investment Partners Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for First Data Corp.
Who bought First Data Corp stock? Who is buying First Data Corp stock?
First Data Corp's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Bank of New York Mellon Corp, Morgan Stanley, TCW Group Inc., Dudley & Shanley LLC, Massachusetts Financial Services Co. MA, Apertura Capital LLC and Bank of America Corp DE. Company insiders that have bought First Data Corp stock in the last two years include Barry C Mccarthy, Frank Bisignano, Heidi Miller, James E Nevels, Joseph J Plumeri, Michael K Neborak and Scott C Nuttall. View Insider Buying and Selling for First Data Corp.
How do I buy First Data Corp stock?
Shares of First Data Corp can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of First Data Corp stock cost?
One share of First Data Corp stock can currently be purchased for approximately $16.64.
Earnings History for First Data Corp (NYSE:FDC)Earnings History by Quarter for First Data Corp (NYSE:FDC)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/8/2017||Q1 2017||$0.21||$0.28||$2.78 billion||$2.80 billion||View||Listen|
|2/13/2017||Q416||$0.36||$0.39||$1.85 billion||$1.80 billion||View||N/A|
|11/7/2016||Q316||$0.34||$0.34||$1.83 billion||$2.00 billion||View||Listen|
|8/1/2016||Q216||$0.34||$0.35||$1.81 billion||$1.98 billion||View||N/A|
|4/25/2016||Q116||$0.22||$0.24||$1.71 billion||$2.80 billion||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for First Data Corp (NYSE:FDC)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.24
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.26
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for First Data Corp (NYSE:FDC)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for First Data Corp (NYSE:FDC)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 9.50%Insider Trades by Quarter for First Data Corp (NYSE:FDC)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 36.54%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|5/10/2017||Matthew Cagwin||Insider||Sell||8,195||$16.42||$134,561.90|| |
|9/15/2016||James E Nevels||Director||Buy||100||$13.88||$1,388.00|| |
|6/10/2016||James E Nevels||Director||Buy||350||$12.41||$4,343.50|| |
|5/26/2016||Joseph J Plumeri||Director||Buy||250,000||$12.44||$3,110,000.00|| |
|5/25/2016||Joseph J Plumeri||Director||Buy||250,000||$12.30||$3,075,000.00|| |
|5/18/2016||Scott C Nuttall||Director||Buy||100,000||$10.62||$1,062,000.00|| |
|2/17/2016||Michael K Neborak||Insider||Buy||6,200||$10.61||$65,782.00|| |
|2/16/2016||Frank Bisignano||CEO||Buy||115,990||$10.31||$1,195,856.90|| |
|1/20/2016||Michael K Neborak||Insider||Buy||400||$14.26||$5,704.00|| |
|10/21/2015||Leon G Cooperman||Major Shareholder||Sell||1,500,000||$15.77||$23,655,000.00|| |
|10/20/2015||Barry C Mccarthy||Insider||Buy||5,000||$16.00||$80,000.00|| |
|10/20/2015||Heidi Miller||Director||Buy||16,000||$16.00||$256,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for First Data Corp (NYSE:FDC)
Latest Headlines for First Data Corp (NYSE:FDC)
First Data Corp (FDC) Chart for Saturday, May, 27, 2017