About First Data Corporation (NYSE:FDC)
First Data Corporation is a provider of commerce-enabling technology and solutions for merchants, financial institutions and card issuers. The Company's segments are Global Business Solutions (GBS), Global Financial Solutions (GFS), Network & Security Solutions (NSS), and Corporate. The GBS segment provides businesses of all sizes and types with a range of solutions at the point of sale, including merchant acquiring, e-commerce, mobile commerce, point-of-sale, and other business solutions. The GFS segment provides financial institutions, which include bank and non-bank issuers, such as retailers with card portfolios, with a range of solutions that enable them to offer financial products and solutions to their customers. The NSS segment provides a range of network solutions and security, risk and fraud management solutions to business and financial institution clients in its GBS and GFS segments, and to financial institutions, businesses, governments, processors and other clients.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Business Services
- Industry: Transaction & Payment Services
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:FDC
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.firstdata.com
- Market Cap: $17.6105 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 922,982,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $18.12
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $17.56
- 52 Week Range: $13.01 - $19.20
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 31.91
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 13.25
- P/E Growth: 1.08
- Annual Revenue: $7.91 billion
- Price / Sales: 2.23
- Book Value: $1.77 per share
- Price / Book: 10.78
- EBITDA: $2.79 billion
- Net Margins: 4.66%
- Return on Equity: 26.25%
- Return on Assets: 3.05%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 3.98%
- Current Ratio: 1.07%
- Quick Ratio: 1.07%
- Average Volume: 5.70 million shs.
- Beta: 1.73
- Short Ratio: 7.07
Frequently Asked Questions for First Data Corporation (NYSE:FDC)
What is First Data Corporation's stock symbol?
First Data Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "FDC."
How were First Data Corporation's earnings last quarter?
First Data Corporation (NYSE:FDC) announced its earnings results on Monday, August, 7th. The company reported $0.40 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $0.34 by $0.06. The company earned $3.03 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $2.98 billion. First Data Corporation had a net margin of 4.66% and a return on equity of 26.25%. The firm's quarterly revenue was up 3.3% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the business earned $0.35 earnings per share. View First Data Corporation's Earnings History.
When will First Data Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is First Data Corporation's stock going? Where will First Data Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
31 analysts have issued 1 year price targets for First Data Corporation's stock. Their forecasts range from $15.00 to $25.00. On average, they expect First Data Corporation's stock price to reach $19.43 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for First Data Corporation.
What are analysts saying about First Data Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about First Data Corporation stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "First Data Corporation is a commerce-enabling technology and solutions company. The company's second-quarter 2017 earnings matched the Zacks Consensus Estimate and increased year over year. First Data’s focus on globalizing its offerings, acquisitions and strategic partnerships and a healthy business around large and small banks are positives. However, the company is subject to seasonality and foreign exchange risk and has no intention of paying cash dividend at present. Year to date, the stock has outperformed the industry it belongs to. " (10/10/2017)
- 2. BTIG Research analysts commented, "for $15/Share; Deal Could Help FDC to Reduce Churn First Data Corporation (FDC) management during the past few quarters has focused on its North America Global Business Solutions (GBS) unit as the last area within the company in which its turnaround had not fully taken hold. In particular, FDC management has been working to stem churn at the direct small- and medium-sized business (SMB) segment that represents about 20% of North America GBS. We believe it was with the intention to reduce churn and drive growth at the SMB segment that FDC last evening announced that it had agreed to acquire CardConnect (CCN, Buy, $17 PT) for $15 in cash, which represented a premium of 9.9% over CCN’s Friday closing price of $13.65. CCN differentiates itself by providing small- and medium- sized businesses with a bundle comprised of its proprietary payment gateway and its capabilities as one of the largest non-bank merchant acquirers." (6/1/2017)
- 3. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "While we don't expect a material miss from FDC this quarter, we are somewhat negative into results for three key reasons. First and foremost is valuation. Although the stock is still by far the cheapest in the group on EPS, the recent rally has the stock now trading a half-point premium to TSS despite similar growth prospects and much higher leverage. Second, we continue to be concerned about FDC's domestic acquiring business as relatively high attrition may limit its ability to support revenue growth with pricing. Finally, we note that FCF can be volatile and our model suggests timing differences and seasonality may result in a shortfall this quarter. As a result, while we're still attracted to the longer-term deleveraging story, we continue to wait for a more compelling entry point and/or material progress in turning around merchant acquiring." (1/30/2017)
- 4. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "We initiate coverage of First Data Corporation (FDC) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $15, offering 6% downside currently. Our Neutral rating is based on the company's lower than industry growth rate and heavy leverage. FDC is the largest merchant acquirer in the U.S. with a strong position in purchase transaction processing and a solid footprint globally. We would like to see growth move closer to industry average and significant progress on deleveraging before getting constructive on the name." (1/26/2017)
Are investors shorting First Data Corporation?
First Data Corporation saw a drop in short interest during the month of September. As of September 29th, there was short interest totalling 22,748,088 shares, a drop of 29.0% from the September 15th total of 32,051,890 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 8,172,573 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is presently 2.8 days. Currently, 6.7% of the shares of the company are short sold.
Who are some of First Data Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to First Data Corporation include Fiserv (FISV), FleetCor Technologies (FLT), Global Payments (GPN), Western Union Company (The) (WU), Worldpay Group PLC (WPG), WEX (WEX), Euronet Worldwide (EEFT), Paysafe Group Plc (PAYS), Moneygram International (MGI), QIWI PLC (QIWI), Paypoint plc (PAY), Net 1 UEPS Technologies (UEPS), SafeCharge International Group Ltd (SCH), Newtek Business Services Corp. (NEWT), Planet Payment (PLPM), Earthport plc (EPO), CardConnect Corp (CCN) and Heartland Payment Systems (HPY).
Who are First Data Corporation's key executives?
First Data Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- Frank J. Bisignano, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- Guy Chiarello, President
- Joseph J. Plumeri II, Vice Chairman of the Board
- Himanshu A. Patel, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Christine Elizabeth Larsen, Chief Operating Officer, Executive Vice President
- Thomas Joseph Higgins, Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer
- Adam L. Rosman, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary
- Cynthia A. Armine-Klein, Executive Vice President, Chief Control Officer
- Daniel J. Charron, Executive Vice President, Head of Global Business Solutions
- Ivo M. Distelbrink, Executive Vice President, Head of Asia Pacific Region
Who owns First Data Corporation stock?
First Data Corporation's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Robeco Institutional Asset Management B.V. (0.02%), Tributary Capital Management LLC (0.01%), Quantitative Systematic Strategies LLC (0.01%) and Crow Point Partners LLC (0.01%). Company insiders that own First Data Corporation stock include Barry C Mccarthy, Christopher M Foskett, Cynthia A Armine-Klein, Frank Bisignano, James E Nevels, Jeff Shanahan, Joseph J Plumeri, Matthew Cagwin, Michael K Neborak, Scott C Nuttall and Thomas Joseph Higgins. View Institutional Ownership Trends for First Data Corporation.
Who sold First Data Corporation stock? Who is selling First Data Corporation stock?
First Data Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Crow Point Partners LLC and Tributary Capital Management LLC. Company insiders that have sold First Data Corporation stock in the last year include Barry C Mccarthy, Christopher M Foskett, Cynthia A Armine-Klein, Matthew Cagwin and Thomas Joseph Higgins. View Insider Buying and Selling for First Data Corporation.
Who bought First Data Corporation stock? Who is buying First Data Corporation stock?
First Data Corporation's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Robeco Institutional Asset Management B.V. and Quantitative Systematic Strategies LLC. Company insiders that have bought First Data Corporation stock in the last two years include Frank Bisignano, James E Nevels, Jeff Shanahan, Joseph J Plumeri, Michael K Neborak and Scott C Nuttall. View Insider Buying and Selling for First Data Corporation.
How do I buy First Data Corporation stock?
Shares of First Data Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is First Data Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for First Data Corporation (NYSE FDC)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about First Data Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of First Data Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $19.08.
Consensus Ratings for First Data Corporation (NYSE:FDC) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||8 Hold Ratings, 23 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.74)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$19.43 (1.83% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for First Data Corporation (NYSE:FDC)
Analysts' Ratings History for First Data Corporation (NYSE:FDC)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/20/2017||Cantor Fitzgerald||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$17.00||N/A|
|10/20/2017||Wedbush||Upgrade||Neutral -> Outperform||$25.00 -> $20.00||N/A|
|10/20/2017||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|10/12/2017||Robert W. Baird||Boost Price Target||Neutral||$20.00 -> $22.00||N/A|
|10/12/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$20.00||N/A|
|10/12/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$21.00||N/A|
|10/11/2017||Barclays PLC||Boost Price Target||Overweight||$22.00 -> $24.00||N/A|
|10/6/2017||Keefe, Bruyette & Woods||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$21.00||N/A|
|10/2/2017||Buckingham Research||Initiated Coverage||Buy -> Buy||$23.00||Low|
|9/5/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||High|
|8/10/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||$22.00 -> $23.00||High|
|8/8/2017||Morgan Stanley||Boost Price Target||Equal Weight||$19.00 -> $20.00||Low|
|8/8/2017||Craig Hallum||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$20.00 -> $25.00||Low|
|6/19/2017||BTIG Research||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$18.00 -> $23.00||Low|
|6/1/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Initiated Coverage||Buy -> Buy||$20.00||High|
|5/19/2017||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Initiated Coverage||Outperform -> Outperform||$18.00||Low|
|5/18/2017||FIX||Initiated Coverage||Positive -> Outperform||$18.00||Low|
|5/10/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$18.00 -> $19.00||Low|
|5/9/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Boost Price Target||Market Perform||$18.00 -> $19.00||Low|
|5/9/2017||Instinet||Boost Price Target||Neutral||$16.00 -> $17.00||Low|
|5/9/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Boost Price Target||Buy||$18.00 -> $19.00||Medium|
|4/12/2017||Atlantic Securities||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$17.00||Low|
|2/14/2017||Mizuho||Boost Price Target||Buy||$17.00 -> $18.00||N/A|
|1/3/2017||Stephens||Upgrade||Equal Weight -> Overweight||N/A|
|12/16/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$18.00 -> $16.00||N/A|
|12/15/2016||Pacific Crest||Initiated Coverage||Overweight||$17.00||N/A|
|12/12/2016||Northcoast Research||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$18.00||N/A|
|11/30/2016||Nomura||Boost Price Target||Neutral||$14.00 -> $15.00||N/A|
|11/14/2016||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|5/4/2016||Bank of America Corporation||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|4/26/2016||Sanford C. Bernstein||Boost Price Target||Market Perform||$13.00 -> $15.00||N/A|
|4/15/2016||Compass Point||Initiated Coverage||Neutral||$12.00||N/A|
|12/17/2015||Sterne Agee CRT||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$22.00||N/A|
|11/13/2015||Topeka Capital Markets||Initiated Coverage||Hold||$18.00||N/A|
|11/9/2015||Wells Fargo & Company||Initiated Coverage||Outperform||N/A|
|11/9/2015||Evercore ISI||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$20.00||N/A|
Earnings History for First Data Corporation (NYSE:FDC)Earnings History by Quarter for First Data Corporation (NYSE FDC)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/7/2017||Q2 2017||$0.34||$0.40||$2.98 billion||$3.03 billion||View||Listen|
|5/8/2017||Q1 2017||$0.21||$0.28||$2.78 billion||$2.80 billion||View||Listen|
|2/13/2017||Q416||$0.36||$0.39||$1.85 billion||$1.80 billion||View||N/A|
|11/7/2016||Q316||$0.34||$0.34||$1.83 billion||$2.00 billion||View||Listen|
|8/1/2016||Q216||$0.34||$0.35||$1.81 billion||$1.98 billion||View||N/A|
|4/25/2016||Q116||$0.22||$0.24||$1.71 billion||$2.80 billion||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for First Data Corporation (NYSE:FDC)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.27
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.35
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for First Data Corporation (NYSE:FDC)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for First Data Corporation (NYSE:FDC)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 6.30%Insider Trades by Quarter for First Data Corporation (NYSE:FDC)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 39.08%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|10/16/2017||James E Nevels||Director||Buy||100||$17.68||$1,768.00|| |
|9/18/2017||Cynthia A Armine-Klein||Insider||Sell||28,000||$17.94||$502,320.00|| |
|9/15/2017||Thomas Joseph Higgins||Insider||Sell||31,718||$18.15||$575,681.70|| |
|9/8/2017||Christopher M Foskett||Insider||Sell||10,254||$18.40||$188,673.60|| |
|9/1/2017||Jeff Shanahan||Insider||Buy||34,284||$18.44||$632,196.96|| |
|8/30/2017||Jeff Shanahan||Insider||Buy||72,466||$18.21||$1,319,605.86|| |
|8/29/2017||Barry C Mccarthy||Insider||Sell||81,858||$18.17||$1,487,359.86|| |
|8/24/2017||Jeff Shanahan||Insider||Buy||37,879||$18.13||$686,746.27|| |
|8/23/2017||Jeff Shanahan||Insider||Buy||77,453||$18.04||$1,397,252.12|| |
|8/15/2017||Jeff Shanahan||Insider||Buy||118,135||$17.81||$2,103,984.35|| |
|5/10/2017||Matthew Cagwin||Insider||Sell||8,195||$16.42||$134,561.90|| |
|9/15/2016||James E Nevels||Director||Buy||100||$13.88||$1,388.00|| |
|6/10/2016||James E Nevels||Director||Buy||350||$12.41||$4,343.50|| |
|5/26/2016||Joseph J Plumeri||Director||Buy||250,000||$12.44||$3,110,000.00|| |
|5/25/2016||Joseph J Plumeri||Director||Buy||250,000||$12.30||$3,075,000.00|| |
|5/18/2016||Scott C Nuttall||Director||Buy||100,000||$10.62||$1,062,000.00|| |
|2/17/2016||Michael K Neborak||Insider||Buy||6,200||$10.61||$65,782.00|| |
|2/16/2016||Frank Bisignano||CEO||Buy||115,990||$10.31||$1,195,856.90|| |
|1/20/2016||Michael K Neborak||Insider||Buy||400||$14.26||$5,704.00|| |
|10/21/2015||Leon G Cooperman||Major Shareholder||Sell||1,500,000||$15.77||$23,655,000.00|| |
|10/20/2015||Barry C Mccarthy||Insider||Buy||5,000||$16.00||$80,000.00|| |
|10/20/2015||Heidi Miller||Director||Buy||16,000||$16.00||$256,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for First Data Corporation (NYSE:FDC)
Latest Headlines for First Data Corporation (NYSE:FDC)
Loading headlines, please wait.
First Data Corporation (FDC) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017