About FirstEnergy Corp. (FE)
FirstEnergy Corp. is a holding company. The Company is engaged in holding, directly or indirectly, all of the outstanding equity of its principal subsidiaries. Its segments include Regulated Distribution, Regulated Transmission, Competitive Energy Services (CES) and Corporate/Other. As of December 31, 2016, the Regulated Distribution segment distributed electricity through the Company's 10 utility operating companies, serving approximately six million customers, and purchased power for its provider of last resort (POLR), standard offer service (SOS), standard offer service (SSO) and default service requirements in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Maryland. The Regulated Transmission segment transmits electricity through transmission facilities owned and operated by American Transmission Systems, Incorporated (ATSI) and Trans-Allegheny Interstate Line Company (TrAIL). The CES segment primarily supplies electricity to end use customers through retail and wholesale arrangements.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Utilities
- Industry: Electric Utilities
- Sub-Industry: Electric Utilities
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: FE
- CUSIP: 33793210
- Previous Close: $31.57
- 50 Day Moving Average: $31.13
- 200 Day Moving Average: $31.67
- 52-Week Range: $29.33 - $36.60
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 12.83
- P/E Growth: -1.54
- Market Cap: $13.97B
- Outstanding Shares: 442,477,000
- Beta: 0.15
- Net Margins: -4.12%
- Return on Equity: 10.06%
- Return on Assets: 2.31%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.61%
- Current Ratio: 0.49%
- Quick Ratio: 0.39%
Companies Related to FirstEnergy Corp.:
Earnings History for FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE)Earnings History by Quarter for FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|4/24/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|2/21/2017||Q416||$0.40||$0.38||$3.82 billion||$3.40 billion||View||N/A|
|4/26/2016||Q116||$0.75||$0.80||$3.86 billion||$3.90 billion||View||N/A|
|10/29/2015||Q315||$0.88||$0.98||$3.99 billion||$4.10 billion||View||Listen|
|7/30/2015||Q215||$0.48||$0.53||$3.31 billion||$3.50 billion||View||Listen|
|5/1/2015||Q115||$0.52||$0.62||$3.67 billion||$3.90 billion||View||N/A|
|11/4/2014||Q314||$0.88||$0.89||$4.12 billion||$3.90 billion||View||N/A|
|8/5/2014||Q214||$0.44||$0.49||$3.32 billion||$3.50 billion||View||N/A|
|8/6/2013||Q2 2013||$0.54||$0.59||$3.61 billion||View||Listen|
|5/7/2013||Q1 2013||$0.67||$0.76||$3.66 billion||View||Listen|
|2/25/2013||Q4 2012||$0.80||$0.80||$4.60 billion||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.77 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.46 EPS
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE)
|Dividend Growth:||-13.20% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||-100.70% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
51.99% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
58.54% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.20%Insider Trades by Quarter for FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 74.16%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|12/20/2016||Charles D Lasky||SVP||Sell||5,149||$31.36||$161,472.64|| |
|12/20/2016||Donald R Schneider||Insider||Sell||6,525||$31.36||$204,624.00|| |
|3/14/2016||Steven E Strah||SVP||Buy||560||$35.59||$19,930.40|| |
|5/4/2015||Anthony J Alexander||Chairman||Sell||54,436||$36.85||$2,005,966.60|| |
|2/26/2015||Bennett L Gaines||SVP||Sell||5,400||$35.78||$193,212.00|| |
|12/26/2014||Lynnette M Cavalier||VP||Sell||10,000||$40.00||$400,000.00|| |
|12/11/2014||Lynnette M Cavalier||VP||Sell||7,500||$38.00||$285,000.00|| |
|10/9/2014||Lynnette M Cavalier||VP||Sell||5,000||$35.00||$175,000.00|| |
|8/13/2014||Bennett L Gaines||SVP||Sell||5,400||$32.25||$174,150.00|| |
|5/29/2014||Donald R Schneider||Insider||Sell||13,264||$33.48||$444,078.72|| |
|5/15/2014||Charles Jones||EVP||Sell||14,010||$32.28||$452,242.80|| |
|3/12/2014||Michael Dowling||SVP||Sell||4,379||$30.80||$134,873.20|| |
|8/5/2013||Lynnette Cavalier||VP||Sell||12,838||$37.34||$479,370.92|| |
|6/28/2013||Charles E Jones||SVP||Sell||2,000||$37.11||$74,220.00|| |
|8/22/2012||James H Lash||Insider||Sell||13,925||$45.68||$636,094.00|| |
Headline Trends for FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE)
Latest Headlines for FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE)
Frequently Asked Questions for FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE)
What is FirstEnergy Corp.'s stock symbol?
FirstEnergy Corp. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "FE."
How often does FirstEnergy Corp. pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for FirstEnergy Corp.?
FirstEnergy Corp. declared a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, March 21st. Stockholders of record on Friday, May 5th will be given a dividend of $0.36 per share on Thursday, June 1st. This represents a $1.44 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 4.56%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, May 3rd.
How were FirstEnergy Corp.'s earnings last quarter?
FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE) posted its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, February, 21st. The company reported $0.38 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of $0.40 by $0.02. The business earned $3.40 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $3.82 billion. FirstEnergy Corp. had a positive return on equity of 10.06% and a negative net margin of 4.12%. The company's quarterly revenue was down 2.9% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company earned $0.58 EPS.
When will FirstEnergy Corp. make its next earnings announcement?
FirstEnergy Corp. is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, April, 24th 2017.
What guidance has FirstEnergy Corp. issued on next quarter's earnings?
FirstEnergy Corp. updated its FY17 earnings guidance on Tuesday, February, 21st. The company provided EPS guidance of $2.70 - $3.00 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus EPS estimate of $2.67.
Where is FirstEnergy Corp.'s stock going? Where will FirstEnergy Corp.'s stock price be in 2017?
13 brokers have issued 1 year price objectives for FirstEnergy Corp.'s stock. Their predictions range from $31.00 to $41.00. On average, they anticipate FirstEnergy Corp.'s share price to reach $34.89 in the next twelve months.
What are analysts saying about FirstEnergy Corp. stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about FirstEnergy Corp. stock:
- 1. Goldman Sachs Group Inc analysts commented, "Following significant underperformance, with FE ' versus the XLU ' down 10%/19%/27% over the last 6, 12 and 24 months, we upgrade FE to Buy given (1) an attractive relative valuation on a sum of the parts basis ' even after assuming a drag related to the non-regulated or competitive segment, and (2) potential positive catalysts which highlight the value of the core regulated segments. We recognize challenges exist for FE's merchant power segment. But with FE discussing restructuring options, based on EIX's experience in 2012-2014, we view a potential resolution as a positive catalyst, driving an SOTP implied total return of 14% vs. 2% for peers under coverage." (3/23/2017)
- 2. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "FE reported in-line quarterly estimates and, keeping with their plan to become a regulated utility, took a $9.2B charge associated with the write-down of their competitive assets. While we believe management will be successful in transitioning the company we struggle to see the stock achieving a "regulatedtype" valuation during this period and maintain our Hold rating." (2/23/2017)
- 3. According to Zacks Investment Research, "FirstEnergy’s broadening regulated base and growth in transmission business are expected to boost earnings. FirstEnergy’s modernization drive will boost the company’s service reliability and lead to customer retention.This has led to its ambitious “Energizing the Future” plan aimed at upgrading and expanding its transmission capabilities. The company expects to generate positive cash flows through 2018. However, stringent regulatory norms and intensifying competition are some of the headwinds. A higher debt/capital ratio compared with peers and a negative outlook by rating agency may drive its cost of capital. The current rate of return from the company’s share is lower compared with the return from the broader industry in the last twelve months." (12/19/2016)
- 4. Bank of America Corp analysts commented, "With new CEO Chuck Jones at the helm, the company appears poised to discuss initiatives that could reduce operating expenses," said the analysts, noting the company spends roughly $2.6 billion in fuel/commodity purchases, operating expenses and corporate spending.Related Link: Morgan Stanley Upgrades FirstEnergy To Overweight They believe FirstEnergy will aim to reduce this by roughly 5–10 percent over the next one to two years, with most of this from the competitive side."We find FirstEnergy's focus on balance sheet repair, deregulated stabilization, and regulated growth to be a welcome shift. Prior utilities shifting from deregulation (Dominion, Duke, AEP to name a few) have tended to see boosted relative valuations and improved financials since the last recession," (8/8/2016)
Are investors shorting FirstEnergy Corp.?
FirstEnergy Corp. saw a increase in short interest during the month of February. As of February 28th, there was short interest totalling 8,717,118 shares, an increase of 44.3% from the February 15th total of 6,042,942 shares. Based on an average trading volume of 5,250,842 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 1.7 days.
Who owns FirstEnergy Corp. stock?
FirstEnergy Corp.'s stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include State Street Corp (10.10%), AQR Capital Management LLC (2.04%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (1.58%), FMR LLC (1.32%), Franklin Resources Inc. (1.24%) and Thompson Siegel & Walmsley LLC (0.90%). Company insiders that own FirstEnergy Corp. stock include Anthony J Alexander, Charles D Lasky, Donald R Schneider and Steven E Strah.
Who sold FirstEnergy Corp. stock? Who is selling FirstEnergy Corp. stock?
FirstEnergy Corp.'s stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including AQR Capital Management LLC, Federated Investors Inc. PA, Janus Capital Management LLC, Hanlon Investment Management Inc., Allianz Asset Management AG, Opus Investment Management Inc., New York State Teachers Retirement System and Putnam Investments LLC. Company insiders that have sold FirstEnergy Corp. stock in the last year include Charles D Lasky and Donald R Schneider.
Who bought FirstEnergy Corp. stock? Who is buying FirstEnergy Corp. stock?
FirstEnergy Corp.'s stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including State Street Corp, Thompson Siegel & Walmsley LLC, Numeric Investors LLC, DZ BANK AG Deutsche Zentral Genossenschafts Bank Frankfurt am Main, Renaissance Technologies LLC, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., FMR LLC and Russell Investments Group Ltd..
How do I buy FirstEnergy Corp. stock?
Shares of FirstEnergy Corp. can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of FirstEnergy Corp. stock cost?
One share of FirstEnergy Corp. stock can currently be purchased for approximately $31.57.
FirstEnergy Corp. (FE) Chart for Wednesday, March, 29, 2017