About The Rubicon Project (NYSE:RUBI)
The Rubicon Project, Inc. offers a technology solution to automate the purchase and sale of advertising for buyers and sellers. The Company's solution enables buyers and sellers to purchase and sell a range of advertising units, including display and video; utilizing various inventory types, including direct sale of inventory and real-time bidding (RTB), and across digital channels, including mobile Web, mobile application and desktop, as well as across various out of home channels, such as digital billboards. The Company's platform features applications for digital advertising sellers, including Websites, mobile applications and other digital media properties, to sell their advertising inventory; applications and services for buyers, including advertisers, agencies, agency trading desks (ATDs), demand side platforms (DSPs) and advertisement networks, to buy advertising inventory, and a marketplace over which such transactions are executed.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Computer Programming
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:RUBI
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.rubiconproject.com
- Market Cap: $172.38 million
- Outstanding Shares: 49,048,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $3.80
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $4.74
- 52 Week Range: $3.38 - $9.16
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -2.68
- P/E Growth: 0.27
- Annual Revenue: $227.42 million
- Price / Sales: 0.73
- Book Value: $5.77 per share
- Price / Book: 0.59
- EBITDA: $7.14 million
- Net Margins: -20.28%
- Return on Equity: -1.15%
- Return on Assets: -0.70%
- Current Ratio: 1.93%
- Quick Ratio: 1.93%
- Average Volume: 433,711 shs.
- Beta: 1.6
- Short Ratio: 2.1
Frequently Asked Questions for The Rubicon Project (NYSE:RUBI)
What is The Rubicon Project's stock symbol?
The Rubicon Project trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "RUBI."
How were The Rubicon Project's earnings last quarter?
The Rubicon Project, Inc. (NYSE:RUBI) issued its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August, 1st. The company reported ($0.21) EPS for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of ($0.15) by $0.06. The business had revenue of $42.90 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $47.98 million. The Rubicon Project had a negative net margin of 20.28% and a negative return on equity of 1.15%. The Rubicon Project's revenue for the quarter was down 34.1% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the business posted $0.17 earnings per share. View The Rubicon Project's Earnings History.
When will The Rubicon Project make its next earnings announcement?
Where is The Rubicon Project's stock going? Where will The Rubicon Project's stock price be in 2017?
9 analysts have issued 1 year target prices for The Rubicon Project's stock. Their predictions range from $4.00 to $8.00. On average, they expect The Rubicon Project's stock price to reach $5.96 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for The Rubicon Project.
What are analysts saying about The Rubicon Project stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about The Rubicon Project stock:
- 1. B. Riley analysts commented, "We believe this further differentiates RUBI in the face of significant vendor paring by publishers and advertisers. While no financial data points were provided, according to the press release, RUBI expects to add additional partners in the near future, representing significant revenue potential." We view the release as progress in the right strategic direction although maintain our Neutral rating as the major changes implemented by new management have yet to materialize fundamentally. Analyst certification and important disclosures can be found on pages 3 – 6 of this report. This document represents an abbreviated discussion of the subject issuer and should not be used as the sole basis for an investment decision. Contact your B." (10/23/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "The Rubicon Project, Inc. is a global technology company that focuses to automate the buying and selling of advertising. The Company's Advertising Automation Cloud is a scalable software platform that powers and optimizes a marketplace for the real time trading of digital advertising between buyers and sellers. Its advertising automation cloud incorporates machine-learning algorithms, data processing, high volume storage, detailed analytics capabilities, and a distributed infrastructure. The Rubicon Project, Inc. is headquartered in Los Angeles, California. " (7/22/2017)
- 3. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "RUBI printed inline revenue and an EBITDA beat driven by opex control during the quarter. Take rate fell sequentially and is expected to continue to decrease near term as RUBI uses pricing levers to re-gain marketshare. We continue to think that RUBI will be under near term pressure growing top line while maintaining absolute expense levels to invest in a rapidly evolving technology background." (5/8/2017)
- 4. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "4Q16 results beat very low hurdle. RUBI reported non-GAAP net revenue of $66.9M (-20.1% Y/Y), 4.5% above FactSet consensus of $64.0M, reflecting continued challenges in desktop display/header bidding, and in the context of a low hurdle to clear. EBITDA of $21.6M (32.2% margin) and adjusted EPS of $0.37 were 42%/148% above respective consensus estimates of $15.2M/$0.15. Advertising spend declines due to further deterioration in desktop and mobile web. Advertising spend decreased 18% Y/Y to $277.1M (-11% ex. static and intent marketing solutions), primarily due to a 23% decline in desktop spend (64% of total spend) and a 5% reduction in mobile spend (primarily driven by mobile web). However, this was slightly better than our $263.5M estimate. Management will no longer provide ad spend details for Orders vs. RTB. Disappointing 1Q17 guidance reflects a continuation of these trends. Due to continued deterioration in desktop display and legacy mobile web, management’s 1Q17 guidance came in well-below the Street. For 1Q17, management guided to net revenue of $41-44M (vs. cons. $54.0M), adj EBITDA of ($6-4M) (vs. cons. $9.6M), and adj EPS of ($0.26-0.22) (vs. cons. $0.09)." (3/15/2017)
- 5. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "Despite posting solid 4Q16 results, Rubicon's 1Q17 guidance fell below expectations. The lower guide is a result of reduced spending on the platform due to the continuing decline in the company's legacy desktop and mobile display business due to header bidding and wind down of its Intent Marketing operations. While FastLane deployments are progressing and mobile app advertising is increasing, Rubicon has yet to reach critical mass in these areas to offset the decline in these legacy businesses. While the company could enact additional cost cutting efforts given the lower revenue, we now estimate FY17 adjusted EBITDA well below FY16 levels. With the appointment of a new CEO, Michael Barrett, and a lack of visibility, management did not provide FY17 guidance." (3/15/2017)
Who are some of The Rubicon Project's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to The Rubicon Project include NQ Mobile (NQ), TechTarget (TTGT), QuinStreet (QNST), Mitek Systems (MITK), ServiceSource International (SREV), Vishay Precision Group (VPG), RigNet (RNET), Yatra Online (YTRA), USA Technologies (USAT), DSP Group (DSPG), ChannelAdvisor Corporation (ECOM), Simulations Plus (SLP), Calix (CALX), Digi International (DGII), Telenav (TNAV), Global Eagle Entertainment (ENT), Zix Corporation (ZIXI) and Radcom (RDCM).
Who are The Rubicon Project's key executives?
The Rubicon Project's management team includes the folowing people:
- Frank Addante, Chairman of the Board
- Michael G. Barrett, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- David L. Day, Chief Financial Officer, Controller, Treasurer
- Blima Tuller, Chief Accounting Officer
- Brian W. Copple, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary
- Rob Deichert Jr., Head - Global Revenue Operations
- Harry Patz Jr., Chief Revenue Officer
- Lewis W. Coleman, Director
- Gregory R. Raifman, Director
- Robert J. Frankenberg, lead Independent Director
Who owns The Rubicon Project stock?
The Rubicon Project's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Nationwide Fund Advisors (0.22%). Company insiders that own The Rubicon Project stock include Brian W Copple, David Day, Frank Addante, Gregory R Raifman, Lisa L Troe and Todd L Tappin. View Institutional Ownership Trends for The Rubicon Project.
Who sold The Rubicon Project stock? Who is selling The Rubicon Project stock?
How do I buy The Rubicon Project stock?
Shares of The Rubicon Project can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is The Rubicon Project's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for The Rubicon Project (NYSE RUBI)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about The Rubicon Project and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of The Rubicon Project stock can currently be purchased for approximately $3.38.
Consensus Ratings for The Rubicon Project (NYSE:RUBI) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 8 Hold Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 1.89)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$5.96 (76.46% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for The Rubicon Project (NYSE:RUBI)
Analysts' Ratings History for The Rubicon Project (NYSE:RUBI)
(Data available from 10/24/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/23/2017||B. Riley||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$5.00||N/A|
|9/26/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$6.00 -> $4.00||Low|
|8/24/2017||Needham & Company LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||Low|
|6/5/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$6.00||Low|
|5/8/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$7.25||Low|
|3/15/2017||Cantor Fitzgerald||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$6.50||High|
|3/15/2017||Craig Hallum||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||$8.00||High|
|11/3/2016||Albert Fried & Company||Downgrade||Market Perform -> Underweight||$8.00 -> $5.00||N/A|
|11/3/2016||Stephens||Downgrade||Overweight -> Equal Weight||N/A|
|9/12/2016||Morgan Stanley||Downgrade||Equal Weight -> Underweight||$8.00||N/A|
|8/16/2016||First Analysis||Downgrade||Overweight -> Equal Weight||$22.00 -> $10.50||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Boenning Scattergood||Downgrade||Outperform -> Neutral||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||N/A|
|8/3/2016||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$19.00 -> $13.00||N/A|
|2/8/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$18.00 -> $15.00||N/A|
Earnings History for The Rubicon Project (NYSE:RUBI)Earnings History by Quarter for The Rubicon Project (NYSE RUBI)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/1/2017||Q2 2017||($0.15)||($0.21)||$47.98 million||$42.90 million||View||Listen|
|11/2/2016||Q316||$0.09||$0.32||$62.94 million||$65.80 million||View||N/A|
|8/2/2016||Q216||$0.10||$0.17||$63.76 million||$65.10 million||View||Listen|
|5/3/2016||Q116||$0.03||$0.05||$59.32 million||$69.20 million||View||Listen|
|2/23/2016||Q415||$0.33||$0.72||$77.99 million||$94.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/27/2015||Q315||$0.04||$0.23||$64.03 million||$64.30 million||View||Listen|
|7/28/2015||Q215||($0.20)||$0.06||$42.34 million||$53.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/5/2015||Q115||($0.12)||$0.02||$34.80 million||$37.20 million||View||N/A|
|2/24/2015||Q414||$0.03||$0.04||$39.43 million||$41.80 million||View||N/A|
|10/23/2014||Q314||($0.17)||$0.05||$29.10 million||$32.20 million||View||Listen|
|5/13/2014||Q114||($0.42)||($0.15)||$20.28 million||$23.00 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for The Rubicon Project (NYSE:RUBI)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.93 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-1.26 EPS
Dividend History for The Rubicon Project (NYSE:RUBI)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for The Rubicon Project (NYSE:RUBI)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 13.80%Insider Trades by Quarter for The Rubicon Project (NYSE:RUBI)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 62.44%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|5/17/2016||Todd L Tappin||CFO||Sell||54,927||$14.17||$778,315.59|| |
|5/16/2016||David Day||CAO||Sell||10,819||$14.22||$153,846.18|| |
|4/28/2016||Todd L Tappin||CFO||Sell||12,368||$19.47||$240,804.96|| |
|4/20/2016||David Day||CAO||Sell||1,000||$19.90||$19,900.00|| |
|4/15/2016||Lisa L Troe||Director||Sell||2,150||$19.20||$41,280.00|| |
|4/15/2016||Todd L Tappin||CFO||Sell||211,732||$19.66||$4,162,651.12|| |
|4/14/2016||David Day||CAO||Sell||19,000||$19.90||$378,100.00|| |
|3/15/2016||David Day||CAO||Sell||11,135||$16.54||$184,172.90|| |
|3/9/2016||Todd L Tappin||CFO||Sell||200,000||$17.08||$3,416,000.00|| |
|11/16/2015||Brian W Copple||General Counsel||Sell||2,800||$14.69||$41,132.00|| |
|11/16/2015||David Day||CAO||Sell||2,400||$14.74||$35,376.00|| |
|11/16/2015||Frank Addante||Insider||Sell||35,630||$14.68||$523,048.40|| |
|11/16/2015||Gregory R Raifman||President||Sell||15,787||$14.72||$232,384.64|| |
|11/16/2015||Todd L Tappin||CFO||Sell||13,782||$14.72||$202,871.04|| |
|8/17/2015||Gregory R Raifman||President||Sell||8,261||$15.24||$125,897.64|| |
|8/17/2015||Todd L Tappin||CFO||Sell||6,615||$15.24||$100,812.60|| |
|6/16/2015||Frank Addante||Insider||Sell||12,000||$16.76||$201,120.00|| |
|6/10/2015||Frank Addante||Insider||Sell||225,000||$18.10||$4,072,500.00|| |
|6/9/2015||Frank Addante||Insider||Sell||114,485||$18.07||$2,068,743.95|| |
|6/2/2015||Frank Addante||Insider||Sell||12,000||$17.19||$206,280.00|| |
|5/28/2015||Frank Addante||Insider||Sell||12,000||$17.14||$205,680.00|| |
|5/21/2015||Frank Addante||Insider||Sell||367,819||$17.08||$6,282,348.52|| |
|5/19/2015||Frank Addante||Insider||Sell||301,694||$17.03||$5,137,848.82|| |
|5/18/2015||Gregory R Raifman||President||Sell||39,292||$17.22||$676,608.24|| |
|5/18/2015||Todd L Tappin||CFO||Sell||39,361||$17.22||$677,796.42|| |
|5/15/2015||Frank Addante||Insider||Sell||250,000||$17.60||$4,400,000.00|| |
|4/14/2015||Frank Addante||Insider||Sell||38,999||$16.78||$654,403.22|| |
|4/7/2015||Frank Addante||Insider||Sell||93,001||$17.37||$1,615,427.37|| |
|4/6/2015||Frank Addante||Insider||Sell||34,096||$17.26||$588,496.96|| |
|3/3/2015||Xii A Delaware L P Mayfield||Major Shareholder||Sell||283,354||$19.14||$5,423,395.56|| |
|2/27/2015||Xii A Delaware L P Mayfield||Major Shareholder||Sell||241,725||$19.07||$4,609,695.75|| |
|2/17/2015||Gregory R Raifman||President||Sell||7,031||$16.09||$113,128.79|| |
|2/17/2015||Todd L Tappin||CFO||Sell||5,625||$16.09||$90,506.25|| |
|10/9/2014||Frank Addante||Insider||Sell||12,000||$9.93||$119,160.00|| |
|10/8/2014||Frank Addante||Insider||Sell||6,000||$9.96||$59,760.00|| |
|10/2/2014||Frank Addante||Insider||Sell||9,000||$11.06||$99,540.00|| |
|10/1/2014||Frank Addante||Insider||Sell||3,000||$11.46||$34,380.00|| |
|4/7/2014||Corp News||Major Shareholder||Sell||849,776||$15.00||$12,746,640.00|| |
Headline Trends for The Rubicon Project (NYSE:RUBI)
Latest Headlines for The Rubicon Project (NYSE:RUBI)
Loading headlines, please wait.
The Rubicon Project (RUBI) Chart for Tuesday, October, 24, 2017