Triangle Capital Corporation is an internally managed, non-diversified closed-end management investment company. The Company is a specialty finance company that provides customized financing to lower middle market companies located primarily in the United States. The Company's investment objective is to seek attractive returns by generating current income from its debt investments and capital appreciation from its equity-related investments. The Company invests primarily in subordinated debt securities secured by second lien security interests in portfolio company assets, coupled with equity interests. The Company also invests in senior debt securities secured by first lien security interests in portfolio company assets. The Company's portfolio includes its investments in various industry sectors, such as baby products; manufacturer and distributor for independent artists and authors; loan origination software solutions provider, and restaurant.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Finance
- Industry: Credit Services
- Sub-Industry: Asset Management & Custody Banks
- Symbol: NYSE:TCAP
- CUSIP: 89584810
- Web: www.tcap.com
- Market Cap: $872.09 million
- Outstanding Shares: 47,681,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $18.51
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $18.78
- 52 Week Range: $16.40 - $20.60
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 24.39
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 9.68
- P/E Growth: 2.07
- Annual Revenue: $117.21 million
- Price / Sales: 7.44
- Book Value: $15.29 per share
- Price / Book: 1.20
- Annual Dividend: $1.80
- Dividend Yield: 9.9%
- EBIDTA: $95.78 million
- Net Margins: 31.88%
- Return on Equity: 11.44%
- Return on Assets: 5.73%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.81%
- Current Ratio: 117.57%
- Quick Ratio: 117.58%
- Average Volume: 362,040 shs.
- Beta: 0.86
- Short Ratio: 0.57
Frequently Asked Questions for Triangle Capital (NYSE:TCAP)
What is Triangle Capital's stock symbol?
Triangle Capital trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "TCAP."
How often does Triangle Capital pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Triangle Capital?
Triangle Capital declared a quarterly dividend on Thursday, May 4th. Investors of record on Wednesday, June 7th will be paid a dividend of $0.45 per share on Wednesday, June 21st. This represents a $1.80 annualized dividend and a yield of 9.84%. The ex-dividend date is Monday, June 5th. View Triangle Capital's Dividend History.
How were Triangle Capital's earnings last quarter?
Triangle Capital Co. (NYSE:TCAP) announced its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, November, 2nd. The company reported $0.42 EPS for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.45 by $0.03. The business earned $27.40 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $29.12 million. Triangle Capital had a net margin of 31.88% and a return on equity of 11.44%. The business's revenue for the quarter was down 11.0% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm posted $0.56 earnings per share. View Triangle Capital's Earnings History.
When will Triangle Capital make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Triangle Capital's stock going? Where will Triangle Capital's stock price be in 2017?
6 brokers have issued 12-month price targets for Triangle Capital's shares. Their predictions range from $20.00 to $23.00. On average, they anticipate Triangle Capital's share price to reach $21.60 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Triangle Capital.
What are analysts saying about Triangle Capital stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Triangle Capital stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "TRIANGLE CAPITAL CORPORATION is a specialty finance company organized to provide customized financing solutions to lower middle market companies located throughout the United States. Triangle's investment objective is to seek attractive returns by generating current income from debt investments and capital appreciation from equity related investments. Triangle's investment philosophy is to partner with business owners, management teams and financial sponsors to provide flexible financing solutions to fund growth, changes of control, or other corporate events. " (5/12/2017)
- 2. National Securities analysts commented, "• TCAP’s NII/share was $0.42 versus our estimate of $0.43 and consensus estimates of $0.44. The $132.2 million equity issuance in 1Q17 weighed on per share numbers for the quarter as we had anticipated but we expect NII/share to be a penny short of the dividend in 2Q17 before exceeding it beginning in 3Q17.
• Triangle finished the quarter with total D/E of 0.70x and regulatory leverage (excluding SBA debentures) of 0.35x. With access to another $100.0 million of SBA debentures and a 2Q17 upsized credit facility, we think TCAP has ample dry powder to drive meaningful portfolio growth in 2017 and 2018.
• NAV/share improved Q/Q to $15.29 from $15.13, largely as a result of the equity issuance above NAV/share during the quarter. NAV/share would have improved more were it not for the $13.3 million of net realized losses for the quarter largely driven by Capital Contractors which was marked as having an unrealized loss of $12.2 million as of 12/31/16.
• We are revising our 2017 NII/share estimate to $1.81 from $1.85 and are maintaining our 2018 NII/share estimate to $1.96.
- 3. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "TCAP reported 1Q17 NOI per share of $0.42 versus our $0.45. While NOI missed our estimate on abnormally low non-recurring fee income (which can be volatile QoQ) we believe the focus should be on what was yet another active quarter of investment activity and over $500M of existing liquidity. We have updated our estimates to account for this quarter’s origination and yield trends and continue to expect TCAP can support the dividend. Reiterate Buy. 1Q17 Results. TCAP reported NOI per share of $0.42 below our $0.45 forecast and consensus of $0.44. Total investment income of $30.1M was below our $32.1M forecast, driven by lower fee income during the quarter and greater than anticipated yield compression. Total expenses of $12.4M were in-line with our $12.4M forecast. Despite the NOI miss, we view the quarter positively given consistent credit and strong originations. As a note the company had ~$1.2M in lower non-recurring fee income this quarter ($1.8M in 1Q17 versus $3M in 4Q16) which we believe drove the majority of the miss. 2017 is positioning to be a strong year for originations, predicated by ample dry-powder and liquidity, which should support NOI. This quarter’s gross originations of $162M were particularly robust and we observe they were the highest since late 2014 as the company continues to deploy its ample amount of dry powder from its recent equity raise." (5/5/2017)
Who are some of Triangle Capital's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Triangle Capital include Nelnet (NNI), Qiwi PLC (QIWI), PHH (PHH), World Acceptance Corp. (WRLD), Federal Agricultural Mortgage Corp. (AGM), EZCORP (EZPW), Everi Holdings (EVRI), Enova International (ENVA), NewStar Financial (NEWS), On Deck Capital (ONDK), Regional Management Corp (RM), Planet Payment (PLPM), CPI Card Group (PMTS), Consumer Portfolio Services (CPSS), Medallion Financial Corp (MFIN), Manhattan Bridge Capital (LOAN), Universal Business Payment Solutions Acquisition Corp (JTPY) and Cash America International (CSH).
Who owns Triangle Capital stock?
Triangle Capital's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Muzinich & Co. Inc. (4.40%), Wells Fargo & Company MN (3.39%), UBS Group AG (2.05%), Confluence Investment Management LLC (1.26%), State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D (0.98%) and Van ECK Associates Corp (0.90%). Company insiders that own Triangle Capital stock include Benjamin S Goldstein, Brent P W Burgess, C Robert Jr Knox, E Ashton Poole, Garland S Tucker III, Sherwood Hubbard Jr Smith, Simon B Jr Rich and W Mccomb Dunwoody. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Triangle Capital.
Who sold Triangle Capital stock? Who is selling Triangle Capital stock?
Triangle Capital's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D, Scholtz & Company LLC, Ares Management LLC, Silver Capital Management LLC, Raymond James Financial Services Advisors Inc., WESPAC Advisors LLC, Creative Planning and Buckhead Capital Management LLC. Company insiders that have sold Triangle Capital stock in the last year include C Robert Jr Knox and W Mccomb Dunwoody. View Insider Buying and Selling for Triangle Capital.
Who bought Triangle Capital stock? Who is buying Triangle Capital stock?
Triangle Capital's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Muzinich & Co. Inc., Yorktown Management & Research Co Inc, UBS Group AG, Wells Fargo & Company MN, Bank of America Corp DE, Van ECK Associates Corp, TCW Group Inc. and Sumitomo Mitsui Asset Management Company LTD. Company insiders that have bought Triangle Capital stock in the last two years include Benjamin S Goldstein, Brent P W Burgess, E Ashton Poole, Garland S Tucker III, Sherwood Hubbard Jr Smith and Simon B Jr Rich. View Insider Buying and Selling for Triangle Capital.
How do I buy Triangle Capital stock?
Shares of Triangle Capital can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Triangle Capital stock cost?
One share of Triangle Capital stock can currently be purchased for approximately $18.29.
Earnings History for Triangle Capital (NYSE:TCAP)Earnings History by Quarter for Triangle Capital (NYSE:TCAP)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/1/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|2/22/2017||Q4 2016||$0.40||$0.42||$29.49 million||$31.20 million||View||N/A|
|11/2/2016||Q316||$0.45||$0.42||$29.12 million||$27.40 million||View||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Q2||$0.48||$0.49||$27.84 million||$28.42 million||View||N/A|
|5/4/2016||Q116||$0.40||$0.29||$30.73 million||$26.70 million||View||N/A|
|2/24/2016||Q4||$0.56||$0.58||$31.33 million||$31.84 million||View||Listen|
|11/4/2015||Q3||$0.51||$0.56||$28.94 million||$30.80 million||View||N/A|
|8/5/2015||Q215||$0.50||$0.49||$29.28 million||$27.80 million||View||N/A|
|5/6/2015||Q115||$0.51||$0.54||$28.43 million||$30.78 million||View||N/A|
|3/2/2015||Q414||$0.51||$0.55||$27.25 million||$30.66 million||View||N/A|
|11/5/2014||Q214||$0.54||$0.51||$26.60 million||$24.88 million||View||N/A|
|8/6/2014||Q114||$0.52||$0.53||$24.33 million||$24.94 million||View||N/A|
|5/7/2014||Q1||$0.50||$0.50||$24.16 million||$24.04 million||View||N/A|
|8/7/2013||Q2 2013||$0.57||$0.59||$24.89 million||$27.30 million||View||N/A|
|5/8/2013||Q1 2013||$0.57||$0.56||$25.92 million||View||N/A|
|3/6/2013||Q4 2012||$0.56||$0.57||$24.19 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Triangle Capital (NYSE:TCAP)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.76 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.89 EPS
Current Dividend Information for Triangle Capital (NYSE:TCAP)
|Dividend Growth:||-4.40% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||169.81% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
102.27% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
95.24% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Triangle Capital (NYSE:TCAP)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Triangle Capital (NYSE:TCAP)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 3.80%Insider Trades by Quarter for Triangle Capital (NYSE:TCAP)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 29.39%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|4/3/2017||W Mccomb Dunwoody||Director||Sell||49,286||$18.86||$929,533.96|| |
|12/20/2016||C. Robert Jr. Knox||Insider||Sell||400||$18.50||$7,400.00|| |
|5/13/2016||Benjamin S Goldstein||Director||Buy||3,000||$18.35||$55,050.00|| |
|5/9/2016||Brent P W Burgess||CIO||Buy||6,000||$17.25||$103,500.00|| |
|5/9/2016||E. Ashton Poole||CEO||Buy||28,600||$17.78||$508,508.00|| |
|5/9/2016||Simon B Jr. Rich||Director||Buy||5,000||$17.30||$86,500.00|| |
|3/22/2016||C. Robert Jr. Knox||Insider||Sell||3,000||$19.91||$59,730.00|| |
|9/30/2015||Simon B Jr. Rich||Director||Buy||15,000||$16.17||$242,550.00|| |
|9/29/2015||Garland S Tucker III||CEO||Buy||1,500||$16.11||$24,165.00|| |
|9/29/2015||Sherwood Hubbard Jr. Smith||Director||Buy||6,000||$16.04||$96,240.00|| |
|9/11/2015||Garland S Tucker III||CEO||Buy||2,000||$18.29||$36,580.00|| |
|9/9/2015||Simon B Jr. Rich||Director||Buy||10,340||$18.69||$193,254.60|| |
|6/12/2015||Brent P W Burgess||CIO||Sell||7,500||$23.53||$176,475.00|| |
|12/4/2014||Sherwood Hubbard Jr. Smith||Director||Buy||5,000||$21.56||$107,800.00|| |
|11/12/2014||Garland S Tucker III||CEO||Buy||1,100||$22.53||$24,783.00|| |
|9/23/2013||Brent Burgess||CIO||Sell||35,695||$29.15||$1,040,509.25|| |
|8/28/2013||C Robert Knox, Jr.||Insider||Sell||5,000||$29.20||$146,000.00|| |
|6/27/2013||C Robert Knox Jr||Insider||Sell||3,000||$27.65||$82,950.00|| |
|12/27/2012||Benjamin S Goldstein||Director||Sell||2,701||$24.21||$65,391.21|| |
Headline Trends for Triangle Capital (NYSE:TCAP)
Latest Headlines for Triangle Capital (NYSE:TCAP)
Triangle Capital (TCAP) Chart for Wednesday, May, 24, 2017