About WellCare Health Plans
WellCare Health Plans, Inc. is a managed care company focused on government-sponsored managed care services, primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage (MA) and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs) to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs. The Company's segments include Medicaid Health Plans, Medicare Health Plans and Medicare PDPs. The Medicaid Health Plans segment includes plans for beneficiaries of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Supplemental Security Income, Aged Blind and Disabled and other state-based programs, such as Children's Health Insurance Program and Managed Long-Term Care programs. The Medicare program provides health care coverage primarily to individuals age 65 or older, as well as to individuals with certain disabilities. It has contracts with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to serve as a plan sponsor offering Medicare Part D PDP plans to Medicare-eligible beneficiaries through its Medicare PDPs segment.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Health Care Plans
- Sub-Industry: Managed Health Care
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: WCG
- CUSIP: 94946T10
- Previous Close: $139.12
- 50 Day Moving Average: $143.60
- 200 Day Moving Average: $127.95
- 52-Week Range: $44,301,000.00 - $84.01
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 25.89
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 19.50
- P/E Growth: 1.93
- Market Cap: $6.23B
- Outstanding Shares: 44,301,000
- Beta: 1
- Net Margins: 1.70%
- Return on Equity: 14.01%
- Return on Assets: 4.50%
Companies Related to WellCare Health Plans:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.50%
- Current Ratio: 1.68%
- Quick Ratio: 1.59%
What is WellCare Health Plans' stock symbol?
WellCare Health Plans trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "WCG."
Where is WellCare Health Plans' stock going? Where will WellCare Health Plans' stock price be in 2017?
11 brokers have issued 1-year target prices for WellCare Health Plans' shares. Their forecasts range from $80.00 to $170.00. On average, they anticipate WellCare Health Plans' share price to reach $129.20 in the next year.
When will WellCare Health Plans announce their earnings?
WellCare Health Plans is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, May, 1st 2017.
What are analysts saying about WellCare Health Plans stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about WellCare Health Plans stock:
- Piper Jaffray Companies analysts commented, "We are incrementally more positive on WCG as we now believe there is more conservatism built into 2017 guidance. We see potential for upside to guidance in MA and Part D margins. We also see opportunity for multiple expansion in the Medicaid sector, ~50% of earnings, as investors become more bullish on pipeline growth under repeal & replace." (2/8/2017)
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "Though WCG's valuation was rich entering the day, we were surprised at the stock's lackluster reaction to a near 100% upside to 4Q expectations. Following positive Medicare comments at a competitor conference, perhaps reaffirmation of 2017 guidance wasn't enough. The guidance seems to have upside beyond pending M&A accretion. Yet, WCG's P/E is highest in the group (18.6x pro forma 2018E EPS) even on those raised estimates. We raise PT, maintain Hold." (2/8/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "WellCare Health Plans, Inc. provides managed care services targeted exclusively to government-sponsored healthcare programs, focusing on Medicaid and Medicare. WellCare provides high-quality, affordable healthcare services to members in Florida, New York, Connecticut, Illinois and Indiana. " (4/13/2016)
Who owns WellCare Health Plans stock?
WellCare Health Plans' stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include AQR Capital Management LLC (4.02%), State Street Corp (2.78%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.88%), Russell Investments Group Ltd. (1.11%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (0.54%) and Numeric Investors LLC (0.53%). Company insiders that own WellCare Health Plans stock include Andrew Lynn Asher, Blair Williams Todt, Daniel Robert Graham, Glenn Md Phd Steele Jr, Kevin F Hickey and Paul E Weaver.
Who sold WellCare Health Plans stock? Who is selling WellCare Health Plans stock?
WellCare Health Plans' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Loomis Sayles & Co. L P, FMR LLC, Federated Investors Inc. PA, Systematic Financial Management LP, State Street Corp, Numeric Investors LLC, Turner Investments LLC and Thrivent Financial for Lutherans. Company insiders that have sold WellCare Health Plans stock in the last year include Daniel Robert Graham, Glenn Md Phd Steele Jr, Kevin F Hickey and Paul E Weaver.
Who bought WellCare Health Plans stock? Who is buying WellCare Health Plans stock?
WellCare Health Plans' stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Russell Investments Group Ltd., AQR Capital Management LLC, Renaissance Technologies LLC, Arrowstreet Capital Limited Partnership, Guggenheim Capital LLC, Highland Capital Management LP, Elkfork Partners LLC and Janus Capital Management LLC.
How do I buy WellCare Health Plans stock?
Shares of WellCare Health Plans can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of WellCare Health Plans stock cost?
One share of WellCare Health Plans stock can currently be purchased for approximately $140.56.