About Weatherford International Plc (WFT)
Weatherford International Ltd. (Weatherford) is a provider of equipment and services used in the drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention of oil and natural gas wells. The Company operates four segments: North America, Latin America, Europe/West Africa/the former Soviet Union (FSU) and Middle East/North Africa/Asia. It operates in over 100 countries and have manufacturing facilities and sales, service and distribution locations in approximately all of the oil and natural gas producing regions in the world. The Company operates in ten service lines: artificial lift systems; stimulation and chemicals; drilling services; well construction; integrated drilling; completion systems; drilling tools; wireline and evaluation services; re-entry and fishing and pipeline and specialty services. Weatherford Switzerland conducts all of its operations through its subsidiaries, including Weatherford Bermuda and Weatherford International, Inc. (Weatherford Delaware).
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Oils/Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: WFT
- CUSIP: N/A
- Previous Close: $5.48
- 50 Day Moving Average: $6.23
- 200 Day Moving Average: $5.61
- 52-Week Range: $3.73 - $8.49
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -54.80
- P/E Growth: 0.27
- Market Cap: $5.39B
- Outstanding Shares: 983,392,000
- Beta: 2.24
- Net Margins: -59.00%
- Return on Equity: -30.56%
- Return on Assets: -8.32%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 2.91%
- Current Ratio: 1.69%
- Quick Ratio: 0.99%
Companies Related to Weatherford International Plc:
Earnings History for Weatherford International Plc (NYSE:WFT)Earnings History by Quarter for Weatherford International Plc (NYSE:WFT)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/2/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|10/25/2016||Q3||($0.25)||($0.39)||$1.44 billion||$1.36 billion||View||Listen|
|7/27/2016||Q216||($0.30)||($0.28)||$1.44 billion||$1.40 billion||View||Listen|
|5/4/2016||Q1||($0.26)||($0.29)||$1.66 billion||$1.59 billion||View||N/A|
|2/3/2016||Q4||($0.19)||($0.13)||$2.00 billion||$2.01 billion||View||N/A|
|10/26/2015||Q315||($0.11)||($0.05)||$2.34 billion||$2.24 billion||View||Listen|
|7/23/2015||Q2||($0.12)||($0.10)||$2.28 billion||$2.39 billion||View||Listen|
|4/22/2015||Q115||$0.01||($0.04)||$3.10 billion||$2.79 billion||View||Listen|
|2/4/2015||Q414||$0.37||$0.32||$3.91 billion||$3.73 billion||View||N/A|
|7/23/2014||Q214||$0.21||$0.24||$3.78 billion||$3.71 billion||View||Listen|
|4/24/2014||Q1||$0.11||$0.13||$3.70 billion||$3.60 million||View||Listen|
|2/26/2014||Q413||$0.07||$0.07||$3.83 billion||$3.74 billion||View||Listen|
|11/5/2013||Q313||$0.22||$0.23||$4.10 billion||$3.82 billion||View||Listen|
|7/30/2013||Q2 2013||$0.15||$0.15||$3.88 billion||$3.87 billion||View||Listen|
|5/2/2013||Q1 2013||$0.15||$0.15||$3.90 billion||$3.84 billion||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Weatherford International Plc (NYSE:WFT)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.79)
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.00
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Weatherford International Plc (NYSE:WFT)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Weatherford International Plc (NYSE:WFT)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.10%Insider Trades by Quarter for Weatherford International Plc (NYSE:WFT)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 91.29%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|2/28/2017||Douglas M Mills||VP||Sell||14,395||$5.58||$80,324.10|| |
|1/27/2017||Douglas M Mills||VP||Sell||6,462||$5.30||$34,248.60|| |
|1/19/2017||Douglas M Mills||VP||Sell||9,975||$5.35||$53,366.25|| |
|10/7/2016||Douglas M Mills||VP||Sell||12,500||$5.97||$74,625.00|| |
|6/20/2016||Douglas M Mills||CAO||Sell||3,621||$6.11||$22,124.31|| |
|5/9/2016||Douglas M Mills||CAO||Sell||5,070||$5.65||$28,645.50|| |
|5/9/2016||Francis S Kalman||Director||Buy||30,000||$5.29||$158,700.00|| |
|3/1/2016||Douglas M Mills||CAO||Sell||3,984||$6.50||$25,896.00|| |
|1/28/2016||Douglas M Mills||CAO||Sell||4,486||$6.47||$29,024.42|| |
|9/23/2015||Krishna Shivram||CFO||Buy||33,750||$8.83||$298,012.50|| |
|9/22/2015||Bernard J. Duroc-Danner||CEO||Sell||610,482||$9.15||$5,585,910.30|| |
|9/10/2015||David J. Butters||Director||Sell||20,000||$9.84||$196,800.00|| |
|9/3/2015||David J. Butters||Director||Sell||120,000||$9.99||$1,198,800.00|| |
|6/20/2015||Douglas M Mills||CAO||Sell||3,751||$13.01||$48,800.51|| |
|5/26/2015||Douglas M Mills||CAO||Sell||3,524||$14.31||$50,428.44|| |
|5/8/2015||Douglas M Mills||CAO||Sell||10,192||$14.12||$143,911.04|| |
|12/3/2014||John D Gass||Director||Buy||6,000||$13.43||$80,580.00|| |
|10/31/2014||Dharmesh Mehta||EVP||Buy||10,000||$16.00||$160,000.00|| |
|8/6/2014||John D Gass||Director||Buy||2,500||$21.81||$54,525.00|| |
|7/3/2014||William B Jacobson||SVP||Sell||27,234||$22.78||$620,390.52|| |
|2/28/2014||William Jacobson||SVP||Sell||5,000||$16.50||$82,500.00|| |
Headline Trends for Weatherford International Plc (NYSE:WFT)
Latest Headlines for Weatherford International Plc (NYSE:WFT)
Frequently Asked Questions for Weatherford International Plc (NYSE:WFT)
What is Weatherford International Plc's stock symbol?
Weatherford International Plc trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "WFT."
How were Weatherford International Plc's earnings last quarter?
Weatherford International Plc (NYSE:WFT) released its earnings results on Tuesday, October, 25th. The company reported ($0.39) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.25) by $0.14. The business earned $1.36 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.44 billion. Weatherford International Plc had a negative net margin of 59.00% and a negative return on equity of 30.56%. The business's revenue was down 39.4% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm earned ($0.05) EPS.
When will Weatherford International Plc make its next earnings announcement?
Weatherford International Plc is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, May, 2nd 2017.
Where is Weatherford International Plc's stock going? Where will Weatherford International Plc's stock price be in 2017?
33 equities research analysts have issued 1 year price objectives for Weatherford International Plc's shares. Their predictions range from $3.75 to $12.00. On average, they anticipate Weatherford International Plc's stock price to reach $7.34 in the next year.
What are analysts saying about Weatherford International Plc stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Weatherford International Plc stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Weatherford enjoys a leading position in the global oilfield services market. Its broad and technologically complex product/service offerings and growing presence in the Eastern Hemisphere are also encouraging. We appreciate the company’s cost-cutting initiatives, such as reduced headcount, consolidating facilities, to counter the prolonged oil price weakness. In fact, the company achieved cost savings of $601 million during 2016. All these positives are reflected in the company’s share price chart. In the last six months, Weatherford’s stock gained 11.2% compared with only 0.9% increase for the Zacks categorized Oil Field Machinery & Equipment industry. However, Weatherford’s heavy debt burden raises concerns. Also, free cash flow during the 2016 was ($430 million) compared with $61 million a year earlier." (4/6/2017)
- 2. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "As we now expect a softer non-NAM in 2017 (see below), and we true-up for share dilution in 4Q16, we lower estimates and tweak lower our PT to $6. After we jumped the gun to upgrade (in 2015) on a management change thesis, we believe we still are giving credit for a much better-run company. However, at the very least, the macro constrains the pace of progress and we submit there is relatively greater risk than for peers in how the new WFT climbs out of the downturn (and we see some risk to 4Q16 as well). That said, risks to our more negative view include 1) potential strong recovery in production-oriented (opex) spending (albeit presumably with more competition in the U.S. than during the last downturn), 2) even greater savings from shutting in pumping (although we already estimate $180MM in savings yr./yr. in '17 related to this) and 3) generally low expectations." (1/27/2017)
- 3. Barclays PLC analysts commented, "With near-term liquidity issues resolved, shares of WFT should start to recapture substantial YTD underperformance as focus starts so shift towards potential recovery amid low expectations," said the analyst.Related Link: Weatherford Upgraded To Overweight By Simmons, Sees 35% UpsideAdditionally, Anderson noted Weatherford stock has been "heavily" underperforming oil prices since February, as the stock price remained "flat," while West Texas Intermediate crude oil jumped 65 percent. Due the underperformance, the analyst believes the company to be undervalued.The analyst re-emphasized Weatherford's limited potential, however. "We emphasize the WFT story remains challenged with a highly levered balance sheet and a weaker operational position versus the Big 3 as the company doesn't possess the scale in either North America or internationally to compete in markets becoming increasingly integrated," (6/6/2016)
Are investors shorting Weatherford International Plc?
Weatherford International Plc saw a increase in short interest in March. As of March 31st, there was short interest totalling 136,253,866 shares, an increase of 1.2% from the March 15th total of 137,868,925 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 17,819,827 shares, the short-interest ratio is currently 7.6 days. Approximately 14.1% of the company's stock are sold short.
Who owns Weatherford International Plc stock?
Weatherford International Plc's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Factory Mutual Insurance Co. (0.20%), Nationwide Fund Advisors (0.14%), Doyle Wealth Management (0.10%), Roanoke Asset Management Corp NY (0.03%), Sippican Capital Advisors (0.03%) and Viking Fund Management LLC (0.02%). Company insiders that own Weatherford International Plc stock include Bernard J Duroc-Danner, David J Butters, Douglas M Mills, Francis S Kalman and Krishna Shivram.
Who sold Weatherford International Plc stock? Who is selling Weatherford International Plc stock?
Weatherford International Plc's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Nationwide Fund Advisors, Viking Fund Management LLC, Creative Planning and Benin Management CORP.
Who bought Weatherford International Plc stock? Who is buying Weatherford International Plc stock?
Weatherford International Plc's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Doyle Wealth Management, Factory Mutual Insurance Co., First Manhattan Co., Roanoke Asset Management Corp NY, Nisa Investment Advisors LLC, Sippican Capital Advisors, Baldwin Brothers Inc. MA and BKD Wealth Advisors LLC. Company insiders that have bought Weatherford International Plc stock in the last two years include Francis S Kalman and Krishna Shivram.
How do I buy Weatherford International Plc stock?
Shares of Weatherford International Plc can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Weatherford International Plc stock cost?
One share of Weatherford International Plc stock can currently be purchased for approximately $5.48.
Weatherford International Plc (WFT) Chart for Monday, April, 24, 2017