About Applied Materials
Applied Materials, Inc. provides manufacturing equipment, services and software to the global semiconductor, display and related industries. The Company's segments are Semiconductor Systems, which includes semiconductor capital equipment for etch, rapid thermal processing, deposition, chemical mechanical planarization, metrology and inspection, wafer packaging, and ion implantation; Applied Global Services, which provides integrated solutions to optimize equipment and fab performance and productivity; Display and Adjacent Markets, which includes products for manufacturing liquid crystal displays, organic light-emitting diodes, upgrades and roll-to-roll Web coating systems and other display technologies for televisions, personal computers, smart phones and other consumer-oriented devices, and Corporate and Other segment, which includes revenues from products, as well as costs of products sold for fabricating solar photovoltaic cells and modules, and certain operating expenses.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Semiconductor Equipment & Materials
- Sub-Industry: Semiconductor Equipment
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: AMAT
- CUSIP: 03822210
- Previous Close: $36.58
- 50 Day Moving Average: $34.40
- 200 Day Moving Average: $31.07
- 52-Week Range: $18.09 - $36.82
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 18.78
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 13.04
- P/E Growth: 0.63
- Market Cap: $39.36B
- Outstanding Shares: 1,078,000,000
- Beta: 1.81
- Net Margins: 15.90%
- Return on Equity: 28.09%
- Return on Assets: 14.26%
Companies Related to Applied Materials:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.44%
- Current Ratio: 2.30%
- Quick Ratio: 1.74%
What is Applied Materials' stock symbol?
Applied Materials trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AMAT."
How often does Applied Materials pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Applied Materials?
Applied Materials declared a quarterly dividend on Thursday, December 1st. Stockholders of record on Wednesday, February 22nd will be paid a dividend of $0.10 per share on Wednesday, March 15th. This represents a $0.40 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 1.10%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Friday, February 17th.
Where is Applied Materials' stock going? Where will Applied Materials' stock price be in 2017?
24 analysts have issued 12 month price targets for Applied Materials' shares. Their forecasts range from $23.00 to $44.00. On average, they anticipate Applied Materials' stock price to reach $35.04 in the next year.
When will Applied Materials announce their earnings?
Applied Materials is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Thursday, May, 18th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Applied Materials stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Applied Materials stock:
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Applied Materials is one of the world’s largest suppliers of fabrication equipment to semiconductor, LCD and solar PV cell manufacturers. The company's first quarter fiscal 2017 results beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate on earnings and revenues. Over the last one year, the stock has outperformed the Zacks characterized Semi-Equipment Wafer Fab industry. Applied Materials is in a great position to grow sustainably and profitably based on its strong pipeline of enabling technologies, supported by expanding opportunities on the semiconductor, service and display fronts. Nevertheless, high fixed cost structure and customer concentration remain concerns." (2/17/2017)
- Instinet analysts commented, "AMAT reported in-line but solid F1Q and guided F2Q well above, driven by strength in Display (+122% y/y) and SSG (+51% y/y). As such, we are raising our target price from $34 to $40, based on 13.5x our CY18E EPS. F1Q results in line. F2Q guidance strong. WFE outlook positive. Upside to FY19 target model." (2/17/2017)
- Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "The very strong F1Q17 (Jan) bookings and F2Q17 (Apr) guidance that is likely above buy-side expectations should silence any critics on AMAT's ability to continue to deliver profitable growth. Certainly, investors will likely continue to fear a softer CY2H17 especially with the exceptional near-term performance, but management sounded confident that its FY2H17 will at least grow YoY, supported by more back-end loaded Display revenue, broadening of foundry/logic demand, as well as AMAT's own share gains and solid product momentum. We continue to believe AMAT's strategy of targeting differentiated products around industry inflections will drive multiple years of profitable growth ahead, supporting a higher stock price." (2/16/2017)
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "We maintain our view that Applied is the best-positioned name over the next several years with sustainable growth and one where we expect the company to outperform its peers during this time. We also believe the company is tracking ahead of its target model (for 2019) set at its Analyst Day last September. We are raising our target price to $42, which reflects the same 15x multiple on our long-term target model EPS of $2.80, including options." (2/13/2017)
- Cowen and Company analysts commented, "While an incredibly big order # begs inevitable cyclical concerns, in 20yrs of covering AMAT we have never seen such out-year confidence ('18!) this early in a year. Shipments should fade somewhat in '17, but China is on the come (OLED and semis) and FCF over the next 6-8Qs should facilitate massive increases in capital return. We already took up numbers and see no reason to change our $40 target." (2/13/2017)
Who owns Applied Materials stock?
Applied Materials' stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include State Street Corp (4.69%), FMR LLC (2.55%), AQR Capital Management LLC (1.62%), Janus Capital Management LLC (0.62%), Franklin Resources Inc. (0.47%) and TCW Group Inc. (0.36%). Company insiders that own Applied Materials stock include Ali Salehpour, Dennis D Powell, Gary E Dickerson, Michael R Splinter, Omkaram Nalamasu, Randhir Thakur, Robert J Halliday, Stephen R Forrest, Susan M James, Thomas F Larkins and Thomas J Iannotti.
Who sold Applied Materials stock? Who is selling Applied Materials stock?
Applied Materials' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Levin Capital Strategies L.P., Prudential PLC, Renaissance Technologies LLC, Calamos Advisors LLC, RidgeWorth Capital Management LLC, Edge Asset Management Inc., Systematic Financial Management LP and TCW Group Inc.. Company insiders that have sold Applied Materials stock in the last year include Ali Salehpour, Dennis D Powell, Gary E Dickerson, Omkaram Nalamasu, Stephen R Forrest, Susan M James, Thomas F Larkins and Thomas J Iannotti.
Who bought Applied Materials stock? Who is buying Applied Materials stock?
Applied Materials' stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including AQR Capital Management LLC, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Marshall Wace LLP, Janus Capital Management LLC, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Flinton Capital Management LLC, Tyers Asset Management LLC and Guggenheim Capital LLC.
How do I buy Applied Materials stock?
Shares of Applied Materials can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Applied Materials stock cost?
One share of Applied Materials stock can currently be purchased for approximately $36.51.