About HubSpot (NYSE:HUBS)
HubSpot, Inc. provides a cloud-based marketing and sales software platform for businesses in the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific. Its software platform includes integrated applications, such as social media, search engine optimization, blogging, Website content management, marketing automation, email, sales productivity, CRM, analytics, and reporting. The company also offers professional, and phone and email-based support services. It serves mid-market business-to-business, and B2B companies. The company markets its product through inbound go-to-market approach, marketing agency, and sales partners. HubSpot, Inc. was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Prepackaged software
SectorComputer and Technology
Trailing P/E Ratio-136.42
Forward P/E Ratio-121.00
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$375.61 million
Price / Sales14.23
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$5.63 per share
Price / Book24.72
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($1.02)
Return on Equity-15.17%
Return on Assets-4.56%
HubSpot (NYSE:HUBS) Frequently Asked Questions
What is HubSpot's stock symbol?
HubSpot trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "HUBS."
How were HubSpot's earnings last quarter?
HubSpot, Inc. (NYSE:HUBS) announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, May, 10th. The software maker reported $0.15 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of $0.11 by $0.04. The software maker had revenue of $114.56 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $109.89 million. HubSpot had a negative net margin of 11.54% and a negative return on equity of 15.17%. The firm's quarterly revenue was up 39.3% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the firm posted $0.03 earnings per share. View HubSpot's Earnings History.
What guidance has HubSpot issued on next quarter's earnings?
HubSpot updated its FY18 earnings guidance on Thursday, May, 10th. The company provided earnings per share (EPS) guidance of $0.59-0.65 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus EPS estimate of $0.56. The company issued revenue guidance of $489-492 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $483.94 million.HubSpot also updated its Q2 guidance to $0.14-0.16 EPS.
What price target have analysts set for HUBS?
13 analysts have issued 12 month price targets for HubSpot's shares. Their predictions range from $76.00 to $136.00. On average, they anticipate HubSpot's stock price to reach $110.9231 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for HubSpot.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about HubSpot stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about HubSpot stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "HubSpot is a leading provider of inbound marketing and sales application over the cloud. The company’s revolutionary marketing and sales applications, expanding international footprint and significant scope in cross-selling sales products to its existing market customer base are driving growth. Management is positive about the performance of Hubspot One and Hubspot CRM tools. Further, HubSpot’s product portfolio is gaining from integration with Shopify and Facebook, which leverages artificial intelligence (AI). Moreover, the acquisitions of Motion AI and Kemvi reflect the company’s focus on integrating AI into its portfolio. We note that the stock has outperformed the industry over the past one year. However, the $50 per month marketing starter product and sales starter product hurt average subscription revenue (ASR) per customer, which is expected to continue in the near term." (3/20/2018)
- 2. UBS Group AG analysts commented, "Consistent with our preview, HubSpot’s 3Q results were impressive, with upside to billings, 35%+ growth across leading business indicators, and management raising 2017 guidance; which support that the business is taking share of mid-market engagement technology spend. On balance, a shifting product mix will likely make ARPU trends lumpy, which may take time for investors to gain comfort with. Bottom line: 3Q results are another data point that HubSpot’s differentiation moat versus the competition is increasing in the mid-market, and the ~37% billings growth YTD lays a solid foundation for growth in 2018, giving us an upward bias to consensus estimates. HubSpot’s streak of improving business fundamentals in upcoming quarterly results is likely to continue." (11/2/2017)
Who are some of HubSpot's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to HubSpot include Shopify (SHOP), Splunk (SPLK), Check Point Software Technologies (CHKP), CA Technologies (CA), Dropbox (DBX), ANSYS (ANSS), Citrix Systems (CTXS), Mobileye (MBBYF), TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE, INC Common Stock (TTWO), Synopsys (SNPS), Symantec (SYMC), UBISOFT Entmt S/ADR (UBSFY), SS&C Technologies (SSNC), Cadence Design Systems (CDNS) and Veeva Systems (VEEV).
Who are HubSpot's key executives?
HubSpot's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Brian Halligan, Co-Founder, Chairman & CEO (Age 50)
- Mr. J. Donald Sherman, Pres and Chief Operating Officer (Age 53)
- Mr. Dharmesh Shah, Co-Founder, CTO & Director (Age 50)
- Mr. John E. Kinzer, CFO & Principal Accounting Officer (Age 50)
- Mr. Hunter Madeley, Chief Sales Officer (Age 52)
Has HubSpot been receiving favorable news coverage?
News headlines about HUBS stock have trended somewhat positive recently, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. The research firm rates the sentiment of news coverage by monitoring more than twenty million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. HubSpot earned a media sentiment score of 0.05 on Accern's scale. They also gave media coverage about the software maker an impact score of 45.36 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock's share price in the near future.
Who are HubSpot's major shareholders?
HubSpot's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include BlackRock Inc. (5.93%), Artisan Partners Limited Partnership (2.63%), Franklin Resources Inc. (2.14%), Lord Abbett & CO. LLC (1.87%), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (1.62%) and GW&K Investment Management LLC (1.31%). Company insiders that own HubSpot stock include Brian Halligan, David R Skok, Dharmesh Shah, Hunter Madeley, J Donald Sherman, John Kinzer, John P Kelleher, Julia Herendeen and Lorrie M Norrington. View Institutional Ownership Trends for HubSpot.
Which major investors are selling HubSpot stock?
HUBS stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Wasatch Advisors Inc., Artisan Partners Limited Partnership, Loomis Sayles & Co. L P, GW&K Investment Management LLC, Kornitzer Capital Management Inc. KS, Royal Bank of Canada, Franklin Resources Inc. and Wells Fargo & Company MN. Company insiders that have sold HubSpot company stock in the last year include Brian Halligan, Dharmesh Shah, Hunter Madeley, J Donald Sherman, John Kinzer, Julia Herendeen and Lorrie M Norrington. View Insider Buying and Selling for HubSpot.
Which major investors are buying HubSpot stock?
HUBS stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Alkeon Capital Management LLC, Lord Abbett & CO. LLC, Eventide Asset Management LLC, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Victory Capital Management Inc., Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Allianz Asset Management GmbH and First Republic Investment Management Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for HubSpot.
How do I buy shares of HubSpot?
Shares of HUBS can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is HubSpot's stock price today?
One share of HUBS stock can currently be purchased for approximately $139.15.
How big of a company is HubSpot?
HubSpot has a market capitalization of $5.26 billion and generates $375.61 million in revenue each year. The software maker earns $-39,710,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($1.02) on an earnings per share basis. HubSpot employs 2,081 workers across the globe.
How can I contact HubSpot?
HubSpot's mailing address is 25 FIRST STREET 2ND FLOOR, CAMBRIDGE MA, 02141. The software maker can be reached via phone at 888-482-7768 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for HubSpot (HUBS)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about HubSpot and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe HUBS will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe HUBS will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.