Amedisys, Inc. (Amedisys) is a provider of home health and hospice services. The Company offers home health services to the chronic, co-morbid, aging American population. The Company operates through three segments: home health, hospice and personal care. The Company's home health segment delivers a range of services in the homes of individuals recovering from surgery, have a chronic disability or terminal illness or need assistance with completing important personal tasks. The Company's hospice segment provides palliative care and comfort to terminally ill patients and their families. The Company's personal care segment provides patients with assistance with the essential activities of daily living. The Company owns and operates approximately 330 Medicare-certified home healthcare centers, over 80 Medicare-certified hospice care centers and approximately nine personal-care care centers in over 30 states within the United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Home Health Care
- Sub-Industry: Health Care Services
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: AMED
- CUSIP: 02343610
- Previous Close: $48.91
- 50 Day Moving Average: $46.49
- 200 Day Moving Average: $44.97
- 52-Week Range: $34.58 - $55.16
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 39.33
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 24.11
- P/E Growth: 1.48
- Market Cap: $1.62B
- Outstanding Shares: 33,569,000
- Beta: 1.43
- Net Margins: 2.93%
- Return on Equity: 11.94%
- Return on Assets: 7.17%
Companies Related to Amedisys:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.20%
- Current Ratio: 1.06%
- Quick Ratio: 1.06%
What is Amedisys' stock symbol?
Amedisys trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AMED."
Where is Amedisys' stock going? Where will Amedisys' stock price be in 2017?
9 brokers have issued 12-month price objectives for Amedisys' stock. Their predictions range from $48.00 to $60.00. On average, they anticipate Amedisys' share price to reach $53.71 in the next year.
When will Amedisys announce their earnings?
Amedisys is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, March, 6th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Amedisys stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Amedisys stock:
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "We are excited about AMED's 2017 outlook given our view that the company's Q4 performance (margin-driven earnings beat) foreshadows accelerating realization of benefits from its recently-completed IT rollout that should translate into strong earnings power and stock upside. Additionally, AMED's strong balance sheet and robust FCF, coupled with its $100MM EBITDA deal pipeline, should translate to an active year for accretive, upside-driving acquisitions." (3/1/2017)
- Mizuho analysts commented, "Bumps? What bumps? AMED produced 4Q16 SS home health admit growth, nice margin gains and 15% upside to our adj. EBITDA estimate. For '17E, AMED seems poised to realize $40+mm in actual cost savings, admit growth in HH and continued strong growth in hospice, enough to more than offset a $17 mm hit from HH pricing to achieve EBITDA growth of 28%+ in '17E. But the not-so-cheap stock price "knows" that even though we have no guidance yet and a brand new management team. So we reset our PT at $50 to reflect market re-rating, strong results and the prospect of the real, new AMED emerging in 2017." (3/1/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Greater part of the last 6 months witnessed Amedisys trading below the Zacks categorized Medical-Outpnt/Hm Care industry. In fact an unimpressive third-quarter 2016 performance resulted in a slump in the share price return performance of the company. Further, CMS’ recently proposed Home Health rule in 2017 proved grossly unfavorable for Amedisys indicating gloomy scenario ahead. We note that, Amedisys ended the third quarter of 2016 with earnings and revenues in line with the respective Zacks Consensus Estimate. Also, Escalation in operating expenses and margin contractions continue to raise concern. On a positive note, in Home Health, the company witnessed strong organic growth in Medicare and non-Medicare revenues. We are also upbeat about the company’s initiative for strategically fit merger and acquisition activities. The company’s strong cash balance position further bolsters our confidence in the stock." (2/14/2017)
Who owns Amedisys stock?
Amedisys' stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include FMR LLC (6.55%), William Blair Investment Management LLC (4.50%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (4.13%), State Street Corp (2.06%), Cortina Asset Management LLC (0.98%) and Renaissance Technologies LLC (0.78%). Company insiders that own Amedisys stock include Bruce D Perkins, Donald A Washburn, Jeffrey D Jeter, North Tide Capital, Llc, Peter Ricchiuti and Scott G Ginn.
Who sold Amedisys stock? Who is selling Amedisys stock?
Amedisys' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Marshall Wace LLP, Systematic Financial Management LP, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Renaissance Technologies LLC, AQR Capital Management LLC, New York State Teachers Retirement System and Highland Capital Management LP.
Who bought Amedisys stock? Who is buying Amedisys stock?
Amedisys' stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including William Blair Investment Management LLC, Cortina Asset Management LLC, State Street Corp, GSA Capital Partners LLP, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Denver Investment Advisors LLC, Trexquant Investment LP and Round Hill Asset Management.
How do I buy Amedisys stock?
Shares of Amedisys can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Amedisys stock cost?
One share of Amedisys stock can currently be purchased for approximately $48.22.