Envision Healthcare Corporation is a provider of healthcare services. The Company offers a range clinical solutions, including physician-led services, medical transportation, ambulatory services and post-acute services. The Company operates through three segments: physician services, medical transportation and ambulatory services. The physician services segment includes the Company's hospital-based and non-hospital-based physician services business. The medical transportation segment includes the Company's community-based medical transportation services, including emergency 911, non-emergency, managed transportation, air ambulance and disaster response services. The ambulatory services segment includes the Company's ambulatory surgery business, which acquires, develops, owns and operates ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) and surgical hospitals in partnership with physicians and health systems.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Specialized Health Services
- Sub-Industry: Health Care Facilities
- Symbol: NASDAQ:AMSG
- CUSIP: 03232P40
- Web: www.amsurg.com
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $64.49
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $69.95
- 52 Week Range: $57.32 - $84.71
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 13.97
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Net Margins: 6.06%
- Return on Equity: 8.05%
- Return on Assets: 3.21%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.93%
- Current Ratio: 1.65%
- Quick Ratio: 1.59%
- Average Volume: 1.59 million shs.
- Beta: 0.72
Frequently Asked Questions for Envision Healthcare Corp (NASDAQ:AMSG)
What is Envision Healthcare Corp's stock symbol?
Envision Healthcare Corp trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AMSG."
How were Envision Healthcare Corp's earnings last quarter?
Envision Healthcare Corp (NASDAQ:AMSG) released its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August, 2nd. The company reported $1.10 earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of $1.08 by $0.02. The company earned $758.50 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $769.88 million. Envision Healthcare Corp had a return on equity of 8.05% and a net margin of 6.06%. Envision Healthcare Corp's quarterly revenue was up 21.5% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm posted $0.97 EPS. View Envision Healthcare Corp's Earnings History.
Where is Envision Healthcare Corp's stock going? Where will Envision Healthcare Corp's stock price be in 2017?
10 analysts have issued 12-month price objectives for Envision Healthcare Corp's shares. Their predictions range from $71.00 to $104.00. On average, they expect Envision Healthcare Corp's stock price to reach $88.14 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Envision Healthcare Corp.
What are analysts saying about Envision Healthcare Corp stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Envision Healthcare Corp stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "AmSurg posted strong third quarter results with numbers beating the Zacks Consensus Estimate on both fronts. Also, on a year-over-year basis, the outcome was promising driven by successful implementation of the company’s organic growth and acquisition strategies in both the Ambulatory and Physicians Services businesses. Meanwhile, we view the company’s 2016 outlook as an encouraging one with revenue and EPS guidance both ahead of our projections. we currently look forward to AmSurg’s pending merger with Envision Healthcare, which upon completion, is expected to create one of the largest providers of physician services in the U.S. The recent initiatives by government agencies to curtail healthcare expenditures have encouraged a shift toward ambulatory surgery centers instead of admissions to traditional hospitals. This, in turn, should benefit home healthcare providers like AmSurg. However, the company’s consistently weak cash balance position raise concern." (11/4/2016)
- 2. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "On track. AMSG is on track with its latest earnings guidance, and still expects to close its combination with EVHC in 4Q:16. The overlap between the two companies is limited and we expect few of the hurdles challenging pending managed care deals. AMSG generates the majority of its physician services business from anesthesia while EVHC is mostly emergency room services. Looking at non-core operations. Neither AMSG nor EVHC has publicly expressed interest in divesting its non-physician services businesses, but the company said Monday that management and the board of directors will closely examine the rationale of each of its four verticals within a few months. We believe that transportation (EVHC) and ambulatory surgery centers (AMSG) are good businesses that provide limited advantage to physician services and that they could be spun off or divested. It seems unlikely to us that a freestanding physician services company would have acquired either of these businesses, which we estimate could be worth $2 billion or more apiece." (7/14/2016)
- 3. Citigroup Inc analysts commented, "We are surprised at the ratio, which essentially values EVHC at 9.7x 2017 EBITDA. While we understand the synergy upside opportunity of the combination and perhaps a stronger asset, we struggle with EVHC agreeing to this deal and have to question why now when business was seemingly improving and valuation depressed vs peers," analyst Ralph Giacobbe wrote in a note. Related Link: Wells Fargo Downgrades Envision Healthcare Hldgs To Market Perform"Moreover it is difficult to understand accepting a merger at these levels with a 15x deal multiple that AMSG previously offered for a comp," Giacobbe noted.The analyst also cut the price target on Envision shares to $27 from $28.The Companies' CommentsAccording to a" (6/16/2016)
Who are some of Envision Healthcare Corp's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Envision Healthcare Corp include Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. (FMS), Davita (DVA), Omnicare (OCR), MEDNAX (MD), HealthSouth Corp (HLS), Acadia Healthcare Company (ACHC), AMN Healthcare Services (AMN), Phibro Animal Health Corp (PAHC), Tivity Health (TVTY), U.S. Physical Therapy (USPH), The Providence Service (PRSC), Hanger (HGR), AAC Holdings (AAC) and Intrepid Healthcare Services (IPCM).
How do I buy Envision Healthcare Corp stock?
Shares of Envision Healthcare Corp can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Envision Healthcare Corp stock cost?
One share of Envision Healthcare Corp stock can currently be purchased for approximately $67.75.
Earnings History for Envision Healthcare Corp (NASDAQ:AMSG)Earnings History by Quarter for Envision Healthcare Corp (NASDAQ:AMSG)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|11/1/2016||Q3||$1.13||$1.13||$770.29 million||$822.20 million||View||Listen|
|8/2/2016||Q2||$1.08||$1.10||$769.88 million||$758.50 million||View||Listen|
|5/3/2016||Q1||$0.78||$0.82||$705.27 million||$724.70 million||View||Listen|
|2/24/2016||Q4||$1.03||$1.07||$684.16 million||$704.30 million||View||Listen|
|11/3/2015||Q3||$0.94||$1.03||$631.20 million||$650.20 million||View||Listen|
|8/4/2015||Q215||$0.84||$0.97||$614.37 million||$642.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/5/2015||Q115||$0.57||$0.62||$574.30 million||$570.45 million||View||Listen|
|2/25/2015||Q414||$0.73||$0.77||$565.30 million||$581.80 million||View||Listen|
|11/4/2014||Q314||$0.58||$0.69||$515.10 million||$503.20 million||View||Listen|
|7/31/2014||Q214||$0.63||$0.63||$281.51 million||$281.10 million||View||Listen|
|4/22/2014||Q114||$0.55||$0.53||$272.09 million||$263.11 million||View||Listen|
|2/25/2014||Q413||$0.57||$0.60||$283.54 million||$284.60 million||View||Listen|
|10/23/2013||Q313||$0.53||$0.53||$264.21 million||$268.20 million||View||Listen|
|7/23/2013||Q2 2013||$0.56||$0.58||$265.84 million||$269.30 million||View||Listen|
|4/23/2013||Q1 2013||$0.52||$0.52||$263.74 million||$260.10 million||View||Listen|
|2/25/2013||Q4 2012||$0.50||$0.49||$237.94 million||$244.20 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Envision Healthcare Corp (NASDAQ:AMSG)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $4.59
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Envision Healthcare Corp (NASDAQ:AMSG)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Envision Healthcare Corp (NASDAQ:AMSG)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 2.30%Insider Trades by Quarter for Envision Healthcare Corp (NASDAQ:AMSG)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 98.67%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/26/2016||Robert Jon Coward||Insider||Sell||7,500||$63.65||$477,375.00|| |
|8/18/2016||Robert Jon Coward||Insider||Sell||7,500||$64.36||$482,700.00|| |
|9/2/2015||Christopher A Holden||CEO||Sell||3,000||$77.00||$231,000.00|| |
|8/14/2015||Claire M Gulmi||CFO||Sell||15,000||$84.74||$1,271,100.00|| |
|6/3/2015||Christopher A Holden||CEO||Sell||3,000||$69.02||$207,060.00|| |
|5/5/2015||Christopher A Holden||CEO||Sell||3,000||$62.91||$188,730.00|| |
|4/6/2015||Christopher A Holden||CEO||Sell||3,000||$63.36||$190,080.00|| |
|3/26/2015||Kevin P Lavender||Director||Sell||2,500||$62.00||$155,000.00|| |
|3/24/2015||Claire M Gulmi||CFO||Sell||24,008||$64.18||$1,540,833.44|| |
|3/4/2015||Kevin Delon Eastridge||CAO||Sell||8,999||$60.43||$543,809.57|| |
|12/5/2014||David L Manning||EVP||Sell||5,000||$50.83||$254,150.00|| |
|11/20/2014||David L Manning||EVP||Sell||10,000||$50.61||$506,100.00|| |
|6/9/2014||David L Manning||EVP||Sell||12,380||$50.75||$628,285.00|| |
|6/3/2014||Christopher A Holden||CEO||Sell||3,000||$46.39||$139,170.00|| |
|5/5/2014||Christopher Holden||CEO||Sell||3,000||$42.04||$126,120.00|| |
|4/2/2014||David Manning||EVP||Sell||23,500||$48.55||$1,140,925.00|| |
|4/1/2014||Christopher Holden||CEO||Sell||3,000||$47.37||$142,110.00|| |
|3/5/2014||Christopher Holden||CEO||Sell||3,000||$45.05||$135,150.00|| |
|2/5/2014||Christopher Holden||CEO||Sell||3,000||$40.73||$122,190.00|| |
|12/4/2013||Christopher Holden||CEO||Sell||3,000||$46.45||$139,350.00|| |
|11/18/2013||Phillip Clendenin||EVP||Sell||3,000||$44.50||$133,500.00|| |
|11/11/2013||Claire Gulmi||CFO||Sell||48,380||$43.28||$2,093,886.40|| |
|10/25/2013||Thomas G Cigarran||Director||Sell||24,200||$42.99||$1,040,358.00|| |
|10/21/2013||Phillip A Clendenin||EVP||Sell||1,500||$43.00||$64,500.00|| |
|10/18/2013||David L Manning||EVP||Sell||15,000||$42.59||$638,850.00|| |
|10/10/2013||David Manning||EVP||Sell||14,726||$41.00||$603,766.00|| |
|10/10/2013||Kevin Delon Eastridge||CAO||Sell||7,819||$41.50||$324,488.50|| |
|10/2/2013||Christopher A Holden||CEO||Sell||3,000||$40.56||$121,680.00|| |
|9/9/2013||Christopher A Holden||CEO||Sell||5,000||$37.56||$187,800.00|| |
|8/22/2013||David Manning||EVP||Sell||19,600||$39.40||$772,240.00|| |
|8/14/2013||David Manning||EVP||Sell||2,000||$40.00||$80,000.00|| |
|7/31/2013||Claire M Gulmi||CFO||Sell||70,000||$39.08||$2,735,600.00|| |
|7/31/2013||Steven I Geringer||Director||Sell||6,000||$39.05||$234,300.00|| |
|7/29/2013||Christopher A Holden||CEO||Sell||48,233||$39.62||$1,910,991.46|| |
|7/26/2013||Kevin Delon Eastridge||CAO||Sell||20,000||$39.96||$799,200.00|| |
|7/17/2013||David L Manning||EVP||Sell||15,000||$39.50||$592,500.00|| |
|7/11/2013||David L Manning||EVP||Sell||15,000||$38.17||$572,550.00|| |
|5/23/2013||David L Manning||EVP||Sell||10,000||$36.02||$360,200.00|| |
|5/20/2013||David L Manning||EVP||Sell||13,941||$36.34||$506,615.94|| |
|5/16/2013||David L Manning||EVP||Sell||30,280||$35.83||$1,084,932.40|| |
|5/10/2013||David L Manning||EVP||Sell||10,000||$35.28||$352,800.00|| |
|5/7/2013||Kevin Delon Eastridge||CAO||Sell||12,500||$35.00||$437,500.00|| |
|3/12/2013||Phillip A Clendenin||EVP||Sell||5,000||$31.25||$156,250.00|| |
|3/11/2013||Billie Aileen Payne||VP||Sell||8,026||$30.80||$247,200.80|| |
|9/6/2012||David L Manning||EVP||Sell||13,408||$30.19||$404,787.52|| |
Headline Trends for Envision Healthcare Corp (NASDAQ:AMSG)
Latest Headlines for Envision Healthcare Corp (NASDAQ:AMSG)
Envision Healthcare Corp (AMSG) Chart for Thursday, May, 25, 2017