Anavex Life Sciences Corp., is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of drug candidates. The Company's lead compounds include ANAVEX 2-73, ANAVEX PLUS, a combination of ANAVEX 2-73 with donepezil (Aricept), ANAVEX 19-144, ANAVEX 1-41, ANAVEX 7-1037, ANAVEX 3-71, ANAVEX 1079, ANAVEX 1519 and ANAVEX 1066 being developed to treat Alzheimer's disease and other central nervous system (CNS) diseases. The Company's SIGMACEPTOR Discovery Platform produced small molecule drug candidates with unique modes of action. Sigma receptors may be targets for therapeutics to combat many human diseases, including Alzheimer's disease. When bound by the appropriate ligands, sigma receptors influence the functioning of multiple biochemical signals that are involved in the pathogenesis (origin or development) of disease.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:AVXL
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.anavex.com
- Market Cap: $190.62 million
- Outstanding Shares: 42,172,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $4.43
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $5.41
- 52 Week Range: $2.43 - $6.64
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -10.04
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: N/A
- Price / Sales: N/A
- Book Value: $0.56 per share
- Price / Book: 8.07
- EBIDTA: ($15,610,000.00)
- Return on Equity: -95.68%
- Return on Assets: -84.88%
- Current Ratio: 17.14%
- Quick Ratio: 17.14%
- Average Volume: 327,062 shs.
- Beta: 0.76
- Short Ratio: 14.9
Frequently Asked Questions for Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (NASDAQ:AVXL)
What is Anavex Life Sciences Corp.'s stock symbol?
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AVXL."
How were Anavex Life Sciences Corp.'s earnings last quarter?
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (NASDAQ:AVXL) posted its earnings results on Monday, August, 7th. The company reported ($0.09) earnings per share for the quarter, hitting the consensus estimate of ($0.09). View Anavex Life Sciences Corp.'s Earnings History.
When will Anavex Life Sciences Corp. make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Anavex Life Sciences Corp.'s stock going? Where will Anavex Life Sciences Corp.'s stock price be in 2017?
3 analysts have issued twelve-month price targets for Anavex Life Sciences Corp.'s stock. Their predictions range from $10.00 to $16.00. On average, they expect Anavex Life Sciences Corp.'s share price to reach $13.67 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Anavex Life Sciences Corp..
What are analysts saying about Anavex Life Sciences Corp. stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Anavex Life Sciences Corp. stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "ANAVEX LIFE SCIENCES CORP. is an emerging biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery and development of novel drug targets for the treatment of cancer and neurological diseases. The company's proprietary SIGMACEPTOR Discovery Platform involves the rational drug design of compounds that fulfill specific criteria based on unmet market needs and new scientific advances. Selected drug candidates demonstrate high, non-exclusive affinity for sigma receptors, which are involved in the modulation of multiple cellular biochemical signaling pathways. " (8/18/2017)
- 2. Maxim Group analysts commented, "Anavex announced the appointment of Andrew J. Cole, M.D., F.R.C.P.(C.) to its Scientific Advisory Board. Normally we would not comment on an advisory board addition however we are quite impressed with Dr. Cole and we believe his role represents a real element of validation to the company. Dr. Andrew J. Cole is Director of the MGH Epilepsy Service, Chief of the Division of Clinical Neurophysiology and Epilepsy and Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School. He graduated from Dartmouth College Magna Cum Laude and Dartmouth Medical School. He trained in Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology at the Montreal Neurological Institute, and then moved to Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine where he was Assistant Professor of Neurology. He came to Massachusetts General Hospital in 1992 where he started and developed the MGH Epilepsy Service and founded the MGH Pediatric Epilepsy Service. He has published extensively in clinical neurology, epilepsy, clinical neurophysiology and basic neuroscience. In addition to research and clinical work, Dr. Cole lectures frequently throughout the United States and internationally, and has been a visiting professor at numerous institutions in the U.S.A. and abroad. I am impressed with Anavex and its potential CNS platform drug, ANAVEX 2-73, which has shown encouraging clinical safety data combined with promising preclinical anti-seizure data," said Andrew J. Cole, M.D., F.R.C.P.(C.), Director of the Massachusetts General Hospital Epilepsy Service and Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School." (7/20/2017)
Who are some of Anavex Life Sciences Corp.'s key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Anavex Life Sciences Corp. include SIGA Technologies (SIGA), Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR), VBI Vaccines, Inc. - (VBIV), Mirati Therapeutics (MRTX), ContraFect Corp (CFRX), Concordia International Corp (CXR), XOMA Corporation (XOMA), Trillium Therapeutics (TRIL), Aevi Genomic Medicine (GNMX), OHR Pharmaceutical (OHRP), Humanigen (KBIO), Can Fite Biopharma Ltd (CANF), Soligenix (SNGX), Soligenix (SNGX), Mateon Therapeutics (MATN), Windtree Therapeutics (WINT), Affymax (AFFY) and CSL Limited (CSL).
Who owns Anavex Life Sciences Corp. stock?
Anavex Life Sciences Corp.'s stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Vanguard Group Inc. (3.91%), State Street Corp (1.43%), Northern Trust Corp (1.04%), Bank of New York Mellon Corp (0.27%), TIAA CREF Investment Management LLC (0.23%) and Teachers Advisors LLC (0.16%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Anavex Life Sciences Corp..
Who sold Anavex Life Sciences Corp. stock? Who is selling Anavex Life Sciences Corp. stock?
Anavex Life Sciences Corp.'s stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including TIAA CREF Investment Management LLC, California State Teachers Retirement System, Bank of New York Mellon Corp and New York State Common Retirement Fund. View Insider Buying and Selling for Anavex Life Sciences Corp..
Who bought Anavex Life Sciences Corp. stock? Who is buying Anavex Life Sciences Corp. stock?
Anavex Life Sciences Corp.'s stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Vanguard Group Inc., State Street Corp, Northern Trust Corp, Marshall Wace North America L.P., Virtu KCG Holdings LLC, Alliancebernstein L.P., State of Wisconsin Investment Board and Edge Wealth Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Anavex Life Sciences Corp..
How do I buy Anavex Life Sciences Corp. stock?
Shares of Anavex Life Sciences Corp. can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Anavex Life Sciences Corp.'s stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (NASDAQ AVXL)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Anavex Life Sciences Corp. and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Anavex Life Sciences Corp. stock can currently be purchased for approximately $4.52.
Consensus Ratings for Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (NASDAQ:AVXL) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||3 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 3.00)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$13.67 (202.36% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (NASDAQ:AVXL)
(Data available from 8/24/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|8/9/2017||Noble Financial||Reiterated Rating||Buy||High|
|8/7/2017||Maxim Group||Set Price Target||Buy||$15.00||Low|
|10/5/2016||FBR & Co||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$10.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (NASDAQ:AVXL)Earnings History by Quarter for Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (NASDAQ AVXL)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|12/11/2017|| || || || || || || || |
Earnings Estimates for Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (NASDAQ:AVXL)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.38 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.45 EPS
Dividend History for Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (NASDAQ:AVXL)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (NASDAQ:AVXL)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 11.60%Insider Trades by Quarter for Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (NASDAQ:AVXL)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 22.64%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/21/2017||Christopher U Missling||Insider||Buy||375||$4.07||$1,526.25|| |
|8/18/2017||Christopher U Missling||Insider||Buy||375||$3.81||$1,428.75|| |
|8/14/2017||Christopher U Missling||Insider||Buy||375||$3.70||$1,387.50|| |
|8/11/2017||Christopher U Missling||Insider||Buy||750||$3.55||$2,662.50|| |
|7/14/2015||Christopher U Missling||CEO||Buy||1,000||$0.52||$520.00|| |
|7/13/2015||Christopher U Missling||CEO||Buy||1,000||$0.53||$530.00|| |
|7/7/2015||Christopher U Missling||CEO||Buy||2,000||$0.49||$980.00|| |
|7/1/2015||Christopher U Missling||CEO||Buy||2,000||$0.45||$900.00|| |
|6/23/2015||Christopher U Missling||CEO||Buy||1,000||$0.47||$470.00|| |
|6/22/2015||Christopher U Missling||CEO||Buy||1,000||$0.42||$420.00|| |
|6/16/2015||Christopher U Missling||CEO||Buy||1,000||$0.44||$440.00|| |
|6/15/2015||Christopher U Missling||CEO||Buy||1,000||$0.43||$430.00|| |
|6/10/2015||Christopher U Missling||CEO||Buy||1,000||$0.36||$360.00|| |
|6/8/2015||Christopher U Missling||CEO||Buy||1,000||$0.35||$350.00|| |
|6/4/2015||Christopher U Missling||CEO||Buy||1,000||$0.37||$370.00|| |
Headline Trends for Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (NASDAQ:AVXL)
Latest Headlines for Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (NASDAQ:AVXL)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (AVXL) Chart for Thursday, August, 24, 2017