About Anavex Life Sciences (NASDAQ:AVXL)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp., a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, engages in the development of drug candidates for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, other central nervous system diseases, pain, and various cancers. The company's lead drug candidates include ANAVEX 2-73, which has completed Phase IIa clinical trials for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease; and in preclinical clinical trials to treat Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, Rett syndrome, Angelman syndrome, multiple sclerosis, and Fragile X syndrome. Its preclinical drug candidates include ANAVEX 3-71 to treat Alzheimer's disease; ANAVEX 1-41, a sigma-1 agonist; ANAVEX 1037 for the treatment of prostate cancer; and ANAVEX 1066, a mixed sigma-1/sigma-2 ligand for the treatment of neuropathic and visceral pain. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in New York, New York.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Commercial physical research
Trailing P/E Ratio-12.67
Forward P/E Ratio-10.72
Sales & Book Value
Price / SalesN/A
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$0.58 per share
Price / Book7.21
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($0.33)
Return on Equity-73.46%
Return on Assets-65.73%
Anavex Life Sciences (NASDAQ:AVXL) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Anavex Life Sciences' stock symbol?
Anavex Life Sciences trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AVXL."
How were Anavex Life Sciences' earnings last quarter?
Anavex Life Sciences Corp (NASDAQ:AVXL) issued its earnings results on Thursday, May, 10th. The biotechnology company reported ($0.11) earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.10) by $0.01. View Anavex Life Sciences' Earnings History.
When is Anavex Life Sciences' next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for AVXL?
4 Wall Street analysts have issued 1-year target prices for Anavex Life Sciences' shares. Their predictions range from $6.00 to $10.00. On average, they anticipate Anavex Life Sciences' share price to reach $7.50 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Anavex Life Sciences.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Anavex Life Sciences stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Anavex Life Sciences stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "ANAVEX LIFE SCIENCES CORP. is an emerging biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery and development of novel drug targets for the treatment of cancer and neurological diseases. The company's proprietary SIGMACEPTOR Discovery Platform involves the rational drug design of compounds that fulfill specific criteria based on unmet market needs and new scientific advances. Selected drug candidates demonstrate high, non-exclusive affinity for sigma receptors, which are involved in the modulation of multiple cellular biochemical signaling pathways. " (5/22/2018)
- 2. Maxim Group analysts commented, "We have increased our therapeutic rate cut in our model to 90%, from 75% – taking our price target to $5, from $14, which is still substantially higher versus the current stock price – due to a combination of factors which include: ○ The trial was delayed (biomarkers) and will take time and money. While the company has $28M in capital today, we believe a lot more capital will be needed as the next phases of clinical development get underway, ○ When will we see meaningful clinical data that can convince both KOL’s and Industry experts that the company may have a drug? It will take time." (2/8/2018)
Who are some of Anavex Life Sciences' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Anavex Life Sciences include Sorrento Therapeutics (SRNE), Eloxx Pharmaceuticals (ELOX), Viralytics (VRACY), Pieris Pharmaceuticals (PIRS), HedgePath Pharmaceuticals (HPPI), Luna Innovations (LUNA), Senomyx (SNMX), Dyadic International, Inc common stock (DYAI), BIOQUAL (BIOQ), Vitality Biopharma (VBIO), Cleveland BioLabs (CBLI), Protalex (PRTX), Bioanalytical Systems (BASI), US Stem Cell (USRM) and Tenax Therapeutics (TENX).
Who are Anavex Life Sciences' key executives?
Anavex Life Sciences' management team includes the folowing people:
- Dr. Christopher U. Missling, Chairman, Pres, CEO & Sec. (Age 52)
- Ms. Sandra Boenisch, Principal Financial Officer & Treasurer (Age 37)
- Mr. Stephan Toutain, Sr. VP of Operations (Age 52)
- Dr. Emmanuel O. Fadiran RPh, Ph.D., Sr. VP of Regulatory Affairs
- Dr. Tasos Zografidis M.S., Ph.D., VP of Clinical Operations
Has Anavex Life Sciences been receiving favorable news coverage?
News stories about AVXL stock have trended somewhat positive this week, Accern reports. Accern ranks the sentiment of press coverage by monitoring more than twenty million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Anavex Life Sciences earned a news impact score of 0.20 on Accern's scale. They also gave media coverage about the biotechnology company an impact score of 45.05 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the immediate future.
Who are Anavex Life Sciences' major shareholders?
Anavex Life Sciences' stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Park West Asset Management LLC (6.75%), Northern Trust Corp (1.01%) and Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc. (0.17%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Anavex Life Sciences.
Which institutional investors are buying Anavex Life Sciences stock?
How do I buy shares of Anavex Life Sciences?
Shares of AVXL can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Anavex Life Sciences' stock price today?
One share of AVXL stock can currently be purchased for approximately $4.18.
How big of a company is Anavex Life Sciences?
Anavex Life Sciences has a market capitalization of $186.68 million. The biotechnology company earns $-13,460,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($0.33) on an earnings per share basis. Anavex Life Sciences employs 10 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Anavex Life Sciences?
Anavex Life Sciences' mailing address is 51 W 52ND STREET 7TH FLOOR, NEW YORK NY, 10019. The biotechnology company can be reached via phone at 844-689-3939 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Anavex Life Sciences (AVXL)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Anavex Life Sciences and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe AVXL will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe AVXL will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.