Cavium, Inc. is a provider of semiconductor processors, which enables processing for wired and wireless networking, communications, storage, cloud, wireless, security, video and connected home and office applications. The Company's products include OCTEON, OCTEON Fusion, OCTEON XL, LiquidIO, NITROX, NEURON Search, ThunderX, Xpliant and XPA. It serves providers of networking equipment that sell into the enterprise, datacenter, service provider, and broadband and consumer markets. In the enterprise market, its products are used in routers, switches, wireless local area networks and unified threat management (UTM). In the datacenter market, its products are used in servers and server load balancers. In the service provider market in wired infrastructure, its products are used in edge routers, cable modem termination system head-ends and media gateways, and in wireless infrastructure. In the broadband and consumer market, its products are used in home gateways and UTM, among others.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Semiconductor - Broad Line
- Sub-Industry: Semiconductors
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: CAVM
- CUSIP: 14964U10
- Previous Close: $66.53
- 50 Day Moving Average: $64.36
- 200 Day Moving Average: $58.02
- 52-Week Range: $67,003,000.00 - $35.90
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 19.49
- P/E Growth: 0.78
- Market Cap: $4492.55B
- Outstanding Shares: 67,003,000
- Beta: 1.5
- Net Margins: -24.40%
- Return on Equity: 2.07%
- Return on Assets: 1.24%
Companies Related to Cavium:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.82%
- Current Ratio: 2.73%
- Quick Ratio: 2.10%
What is Cavium's stock symbol?
Cavium trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CAVM."
Where is Cavium's stock going? Where will Cavium's stock price be in 2017?
17 brokerages have issued 12 month price targets for Cavium's shares. Their forecasts range from $50.50 to $85.00. On average, they expect Cavium's share price to reach $64.73 in the next year.
When will Cavium announce their earnings?
Cavium is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, April, 25th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Cavium stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cavium stock:
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Cavium, Inc. is engaged in providing semiconductor processors that enable networking, communications, storage, video and security applications. The Company offers software compatible processors with functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access and service provider equipment. Its processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tools and application support, hardware reference designs and other services. Cavium, Inc., formerly known as Cavium Networks, Inc., is headquartered in Mountain View, California. " (2/17/2017)
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "CAVM beat and raised again, with a full quarter of QLGC and progress in new products (notably Fusion-M and XPliant). We are encouraged by the progress and visibility into product cycles but remain on the sidelines as we believe multiple expansion will be challenging given the B/S leverage, the acquisition of lower-growth QLGC, and high SBC." (2/2/2017)
- Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "CAVM posted its third consecutive beat and raise quarter with strength across all areas of its business. The core embedded business continues to be strong while new products ramp nicely and the recently acquired QLogic contributes to overall growth. Given the company's recent success and management's upbeat outlook for 2017, we raise our estimates and remain positive on the story and management's ability to execute. We reiterate our Buy rating and raise our price target to $77 from $66 based on our DCF model." (2/2/2017)
Pacific Crest analysts commented, "We are increasing our 2017 EPS estimate by $0.73 to $2.60. While we believe Cavium likely has significant opportunities to extract significant cost synergies from QLogic, we remain concerned that this acquisition was likely reactive." (8/17/2016)
Who owns Cavium stock?
Cavium's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include FMR LLC (15.00%), Franklin Resources Inc. (2.04%), State Street Corp (1.98%), Brown Advisory Inc. (1.23%), Fred Alger Management Inc. (0.79%) and ShearLink Capital LLC (0.76%). Company insiders that own Cavium stock include Anil Kumar Jain, Anthony S Thornley, Arthur D Chadwick, C N Reddy, Muhammad Raghib Hussain, Syed Ali and Vincent P Pangrazio.
Who sold Cavium stock? Who is selling Cavium stock?
Cavium's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including ShearLink Capital LLC, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Allianz Asset Management AG, Turner Investments LLC, Century Capital Management LLC, Comgest Global Investors S.A.S., Guggenheim Capital LLC and Thrivent Financial for Lutherans. Company insiders that have sold Cavium stock in the last year include Anthony S Thornley, C N Reddy, Syed Ali and Vincent P Pangrazio.
Who bought Cavium stock? Who is buying Cavium stock?
Cavium's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Credit Agricole S A, Franklin Resources Inc., Thornburg Investment Management Inc., Advisory Research Inc., Fred Alger Management Inc. and TCW Group Inc.. Company insiders that have bought Cavium stock in the last two years include Arthur D Chadwick and Muhammad Raghib Hussain.
How do I buy Cavium stock?
Shares of Cavium can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Cavium stock cost?
One share of Cavium stock can currently be purchased for approximately $67.05.