Cidara Therapeutics, Inc., formerly K2 Therapeutics, Inc., is a clinical-stage biotechnology company. The Company is engaged in the discovery, development and commercialization of anti-infectives. It is developing a pipeline of product and development candidates with a focus on serious fungal infections. Its product portfolio consists of over two formulations of its echinocandin, CD101. CD101 IV is a long-acting therapy for the treatment and prevention of serious, invasive fungal infections. CD101 topical, its second product candidate, is being developed for the treatment of vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC) and recurrent VVC (RVVC), a prevalent mucosal infection. Its immunotherapy technology platform, Cloudbreak, is used to create compounds designed to direct a patient's immune cells to attack and eliminate pathogens that cause infectious disease. The Company is also developing CD201, its bispecific antimicrobial immunotherapy.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:CDTX
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.cidara.com
- Market Cap: $111.76 million
- Outstanding Shares: 16,806,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $7.10
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $8.87
- 52 Week Range: $6.10 - $12.95
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -2.00
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: N/A
- Price / Sales: N/A
- Book Value: $4.52 per share
- Price / Book: 1.47
- EBIDTA: ($51,200,000.00)
- Return on Equity: -48.80%
- Return on Assets: -45.76%
- Current Ratio: 9.79%
- Quick Ratio: 9.79%
- Average Volume: 103,315 shs.
- Beta: 2.35
- Short Ratio: 3.3
Frequently Asked Questions for Cidara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CDTX)
What is Cidara Therapeutics' stock symbol?
Cidara Therapeutics trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CDTX."
How were Cidara Therapeutics' earnings last quarter?
Cidara Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:CDTX) posted its earnings results on Wednesday, May, 10th. The company reported ($0.80) earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of ($0.90) by $0.10. View Cidara Therapeutics' Earnings History.
Where is Cidara Therapeutics' stock going? Where will Cidara Therapeutics' stock price be in 2017?
10 brokers have issued 1 year target prices for Cidara Therapeutics' shares. Their forecasts range from $7.25 to $20.00. On average, they anticipate Cidara Therapeutics' share price to reach $13.25 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Cidara Therapeutics.
What are analysts saying about Cidara Therapeutics stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cidara Therapeutics stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Cidara Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company. The company is focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of novel anti-infectives. Its product pipeline includes CD101 IV, a long-acting echinocandin antifungal, CD101 topical and C001 which are in different clinical trial. The company developed its product using Cloudbreak(TM) immunotherapy platform. Cidara Therapeutics, Inc. is headquartered in San Diego, California. " (4/13/2017)
- 2. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "Cidara mgmt provided a corporate update at an Investor Day in NYC last week and we separately hosted a series of mtgs w/ investors. Mgmt reiterated guidance for top-line results from ongoing Phase 2 trial of CD101 in Invasive Candida infections in 4Q17. The trial is expected to serve as the first of two registration trials. Given discontinuation of CD101 Vulvovaginal Candidiasis program, mgmt introduced plans to instead accelerate development in antifungal prophylaxis. KOLs highlighted differentiation from other echinocandins, w/ emphasis on PK/PD profile and opportunity for better clinical outcomes. New details around Cloudbreak candidates were also announced, although clinical testing not expected until 2018. Stock is attractive ahead of Phase 2 CD101 results later this year (EV $15M)." (4/10/2017)
- 3. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "PD/PK Data Points to Success in Phase 2: Presentations reviewed the potency of CD101 against Candida and Aspergillus species as well as broad and sustained tissue distribution. We found the PK/PD optimized dosing data persuasive as it clearly demonstrates, effective AUC/MIC levels at the 400mg once-weekly over three weeks and 400mg loading dose followed by 200mg once weekly for two weeks, paralleling the two dosing regimens being studied in the Phase 2. We also note the potential for subcutaneous dosing, which could enhance the commercial story. We have increased our probability of success from 45% to 50%. Breadth of Cloudbreak Platform Highlighted: In addition to the antibacterial CD201, currently working through pre-IND studies, early in vivo/in vitro data was presented on a new antifungal asset." (4/7/2017)
- 4. HC Wainwright analysts commented, "This is why there are still no topical echinocandins. Yesterday, before markets opened, Cidara reported results of the Phase 2 RADIANT study in women with vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC) in which neither topical formulation of CD101 (gel or ointment) achieved efficacy levels comparable to standard of care (SOC) oral fluconazole. As a result, Cidara has discontinued further development of topical CD101 for VVC. The outcome of RADIANT came as a surprise to both management and us, given the potent fungicidal properties of CD101 demonstrated in vitro (even at vaginal pH of 4.0), and that both formulations had outperformed fluconazole in preclinical models' Focus now squarely on STRIVE readout in 4Q17. Recall, STRIVE is a POC Phase 2 candidemia study of CD101 IV vs. Cancidas (IV caspofungin; the leading on-market echinocandin) followed by oral fluconazole step-down (NCT02734862). Coprimary efficacy endpoints are mycological eradication (laboratory cure) and resolution of systemic signs of candidemia (clinical cure)." (2/22/2017)
Who are some of Cidara Therapeutics' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Cidara Therapeutics include Chimerix (CMRX), Codexis (CDXS), Cascadian Therapeutics (CASC), Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR), Cempra (CEMP), Arbutus Biopharma Corp (ABUS), Madrigal Pharmaceuticals (MDGL), Fortress Biotech (FBIO), Stemline Therapeutics (STML), Immune Design Corp (IMDZ), Corium International (CORI), Enzymotec Ltd (ENZY), Pieris Pharmaceuticals (PIRS), RedHill Biopharma Ltd - (RDHL), Novelion Therapeutics (NVLN), VBI Vaccines, Inc. - (VBIV), Foamix Pharmaceuticals Ltd (FOMX) and Trevena (TRVN).
When did Cidara Therapeutics IPO?
(CDTX) raised $60 million in an initial public offering (IPO) on Wednesday, April 15th 2015. The company issued 4,000,000 shares at $14.00-$16.00 per share. Jefferies and Leerink Partners acted as the underwriters for the IPO and Wedbush PacGrow Life Sciences, Needham and BTIG were co-managers.
Who owns Cidara Therapeutics stock?
Cidara Therapeutics' stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include FMR LLC (8.76%), Frazier Management LLC (7.81%), BB Biotech AG (6.21%), Aisling Capital LLC (6.08%), Perceptive Advisors LLC (4.92%) and Broadfin Capital LLC (3.35%). Company insiders that own Cidara Therapeutics stock include Jeffrey Stein and Kevin Forrest. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Cidara Therapeutics.
Who sold Cidara Therapeutics stock? Who is selling Cidara Therapeutics stock?
Who bought Cidara Therapeutics stock? Who is buying Cidara Therapeutics stock?
Cidara Therapeutics' stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Tekla Capital Management LLC, West Family Investments Inc., Perceptive Advisors LLC, Spark Investment Management LLC, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Vanguard Group Inc., Teachers Advisors LLC and Bank of New York Mellon Corp. Company insiders that have bought Cidara Therapeutics stock in the last two years include Jeffrey Stein and Kevin Forrest. View Insider Buying and Selling for Cidara Therapeutics.
How do I buy Cidara Therapeutics stock?
Shares of Cidara Therapeutics can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Cidara Therapeutics stock cost?
One share of Cidara Therapeutics stock can currently be purchased for approximately $6.65.
Earnings History for Cidara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CDTX)Earnings History by Quarter for Cidara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CDTX)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
Earnings Estimates for Cidara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CDTX)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($3.45)
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($2.78)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Cidara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CDTX)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Cidara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CDTX)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 22.20%Insider Trades by Quarter for Cidara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CDTX)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 47.34%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|3/31/2017||Jeffrey Stein||CEO||Buy||12,900||$7.75||$99,975.00|| |
|3/31/2017||Kevin Forrest||Insider||Buy||12,500||$7.75||$96,875.00|| |
|5/20/2016||Jeffrey Stein||CEO||Buy||4,310||$11.51||$49,608.10|| |
|5/20/2016||Kevin Forrest||CFO||Buy||4,356||$11.53||$50,224.68|| |
|11/25/2015||Jeffrey Stein||CEO||Buy||6,700||$15.09||$101,103.00|| |
|11/23/2015||Kevin Forrest||CFO||Buy||7,087||$14.23||$100,848.01|| |
|4/20/2015||Timothy R Franson||Director||Buy||4,000||$16.00||$64,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for Cidara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CDTX)
Latest Headlines for Cidara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CDTX)
|Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Earns Outperform Rating from Wedbush|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 16 at 8:14 AM
|Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Given Average Recommendation of "Buy" by Analysts|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 15 at 2:46 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Given a $11.00 Price Target at Cantor Fitzgerald|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 13 at 6:26 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Issues Quarterly Earnings Results, Beats Estimates By $0.10 EPS|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 10 at 10:58 PM
|Cidara Provides Corporate Update and Reports First Quarter 2017 Financial Results|
finance.yahoo.com - May 10 at 9:27 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics reports 1Q loss|
finance.yahoo.com - May 10 at 9:27 PM
|Is a Surprise Coming for Cidara Therapeutics (CDTX) This Earnings Season?|
finance.yahoo.com - May 10 at 4:25 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Expected to Post Earnings of -$0.88 Per Share|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 3 at 6:02 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics (CDTX) Earning Somewhat Positive Press Coverage, Report Finds|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 2 at 12:52 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by BTIG Research|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 29 at 9:57 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics (CDTX) Earning Somewhat Positive Media Coverage, Analysis Finds|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 29 at 2:03 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics (CDTX) Earns Daily Media Sentiment Score of 0.16|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 26 at 10:18 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics Announces Promotion of Taylor Sandison, M.D., M.P.H., to Chief Medical Officer|
finance.yahoo.com - April 25 at 12:19 PM
|Cantor Fitzgerald Reaffirms "Buy" Rating for Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 24 at 11:20 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics (CDTX) Given Daily Media Impact Rating of 0.04|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 23 at 2:57 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Now Covered by Analysts at Raymond James Financial, Inc.|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 20 at 6:59 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics (CDTX) Given Coverage Optimism Score of 0.19|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 20 at 4:08 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Given Consensus Recommendation of "Buy" by Brokerages|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 18 at 3:03 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics (CDTX) Earning Positive Press Coverage, Study Shows|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 17 at 2:52 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics to Present Data on Novel Antifungal CD101 and Cloudbreak Antibacterial Immunotherapy at ECCMID and SID Annual Meetings|
finance.yahoo.com - April 17 at 12:15 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Sees Large Growth in Short Interest|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 17 at 10:48 AM
|HC Wainwright Cuts Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Price Target to $14.00|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 17 at 9:18 AM
|Cidara Therapeutics (CDTX) Earns Daily Coverage Optimism Rating of 0.20|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 14 at 9:18 AM
|Cidara Therapeutics' (CDTX) Outperform Rating Reiterated at Wedbush|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 14 at 7:44 AM
|Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Begins Coverage on Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 13 at 11:14 PM
|Zacks Investment Research Upgrades Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) to "Hold"|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 13 at 6:50 PM
|Wedbush Weighs in on Cidara Therapeutics Inc's Q1 2017 Earnings (CDTX)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 13 at 8:06 AM
|Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Expected to Announce Earnings of -$0.85 Per Share|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 12 at 2:31 PM
|Wedbush Weighs in on Cidara Therapeutics Inc's Q1 2018 Earnings (CDTX)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 12 at 2:08 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics' (CDTX) "Outperform" Rating Reiterated at Wedbush|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 10 at 9:38 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics' (CDTX) Buy Rating Reiterated at Needham & Company LLC|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 10 at 12:32 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Cantor Fitzgerald|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 8 at 12:02 AM
|Jeffrey Stein Buys 12,900 Shares of Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Stock|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 4 at 8:58 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Insider Purchases $96,875.00 in Stock|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 4 at 8:58 PM
|CIDARA THERAPEUTICS, INC. Files SEC form 8-K, Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement|
biz.yahoo.com - March 31 at 9:23 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics (CDTX) Secures $6.9M Grant from CARB-X|
www.streetinsider.com - March 31 at 2:39 AM
|Cidara Therapeutics Awarded $6.9 Million Grant from CARB-X to Advance Development of its First CloudbreakTM Antibiotic Immunotherapy|
us.rd.yahoo.com - March 30 at 4:38 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics to Host Investor Day on April 6, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - March 29 at 12:21 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics' (CDTX) "Buy" Rating Reaffirmed at Jefferies Group LLC|
www.americanbankingnews.com - March 25 at 7:50 AM
|Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Receives Average Rating of "Buy" from Brokerages|
www.americanbankingnews.com - March 24 at 1:32 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research to Sell|
www.americanbankingnews.com - March 24 at 11:58 AM
|Arbutus Announces Appointment of Daniel Burgess to Board of Directors|
finance.yahoo.com - March 23 at 4:37 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Receives Buy Rating from Needham & Company LLC|
www.americanbankingnews.com - March 22 at 8:17 AM
|CIDARA THERAPEUTICS, INC. Financials|
finance.yahoo.com - March 21 at 4:31 PM
|Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research|
www.americanbankingnews.com - March 20 at 5:37 PM
|Leerink Swann Weighs in on Cidara Therapeutics Inc’s Q1 2017 Earnings (CDTX)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - March 20 at 9:55 AM
|Cidara Therapeutics Inc (CDTX) Rating Reiterated by Needham & Company LLC|
www.americanbankingnews.com - March 16 at 10:21 PM
|Cantor Fitzgerald Weighs in on Cidara Therapeutics Inc’s FY2016 Earnings (CDTX)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - March 9 at 10:48 AM
|Cidara Therapeutics upgraded by WBB Securities|
us.rd.yahoo.com - February 23 at 4:11 PM
|Cidara Yeast Infection Gelm Fails Phase 2 Trial|
us.rd.yahoo.com - February 23 at 4:11 PM
Cidara Therapeutics (CDTX) Chart for Wednesday, May, 24, 2017