SCYNEXIS, Inc. is engaged in the discovery, development and commercialization of anti-infectives. The Company is developing its lead product candidate, SCY-078, as an oral and intravenous (IV) drug for the treatment of several fungal infections, including serious invasive fungal infections. SCY-078 is a structurally distinct glucan synthase inhibitor that has been shown to be effective in vitro and in vivo in animal studies against a range of Candida and Aspergillus species, including drug-resistant strains. The Company also conducts additional in vitro and in vivo studies to further characterize the spectrum of activity of SCY-078. The Company has completed multiple Phase I studies with the oral formulation of SCY-078 and is conducting its first Phase I study with the IV formulation of SCY-078. The Company has also developed a platform for cyclophilin inhibitors, which has two clinical stage compounds, such as SCY-635 and SCY-641.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Drugs - Generic
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: SCYX
- Previous Close: $3.49
- 50 Day Moving Average: $3.32
- 200 Day Moving Average: $3.33
- 52-Week Range: $23,990,000.00 - $1.74
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -2.28
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Market Cap: $86.84M
- Outstanding Shares: 23,990,000
- Beta: 0.3
- Net Margins: -13,335.88%
- Return on Equity: -83.00%
- Return on Assets: -62.52%
Companies Related to SCYNEXIS:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.43%
- Current Ratio: 13.45%
- Quick Ratio: 13.45%
What is SCYNEXIS's stock symbol?
SCYNEXIS trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "SCYX."
Where is SCYNEXIS's stock going? Where will SCYNEXIS's stock price be in 2017?
7 brokerages have issued twelve-month price targets for SCYNEXIS's shares. Their forecasts range from $7.00 to $16.00. On average, they expect SCYNEXIS's stock price to reach $12.29 in the next twelve months.
When will SCYNEXIS announce their earnings?
SCYNEXIS is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, March, 6th 2017.
What are analysts saying about SCYNEXIS stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about SCYNEXIS stock:
- Aegis analysts commented, "We are initiating coverage of Scynexis with a Buy rating and a price target of $7 per share. Scynexis is a clinical stage biotechnology company developing a new class of anti-fungal drugs. The lead molecule, SCY-078, has the same target as the current echinocandin class but can be formulated for both oral or intravenous administration. It is a structurally different molecule with different pharmacological properties and not simply an oral version of an existing drug. Clinical testing has shown SCY-078 has a broader spectrum of activity than the current echinocandins, including efficacy against the mutated fungal strains that resist treatment and are making the current drugs ineffective." (1/31/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "SCYNEXIS, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company. It is engaged in the discovery, development, and commercialization of anti-infectives to address unmet therapeutic needs. The Company is developing its lead product candidate, SCY-078, as an oral and intravenous (IV) drug for the treatment of serious and life-threatening invasive fungal infections in humans. It also provides contract research and development services. SCYNEXIS, Inc. is headquartered in Durham, North Carolina. " (12/28/2016)
Brean Capital analysts commented, "EPZM reported Q1 financials." (5/9/2016)
Who owns SCYNEXIS stock?
SCYNEXIS's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Federated Investors Inc. PA (14.21%), Broadfin Capital LLC (6.16%), FMR LLC (5.55%), Deerfield Management Co. (4.37%), Highland Capital Management LP (1.72%) and Perceptive Advisors LLC (0.71%). Company insiders that own SCYNEXIS stock include Ann Hanham, Eric Francois, Gonzalez David Angulo, Guy Macdonald, Marco Taglietti and Patrick Machado.
Who sold SCYNEXIS stock? Who is selling SCYNEXIS stock?
SCYNEXIS's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Highland Capital Management LP, FMR LLC and FT Options LLC.
Who bought SCYNEXIS stock? Who is buying SCYNEXIS stock?
SCYNEXIS's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Perceptive Advisors LLC. Company insiders that have bought SCYNEXIS stock in the last two years include Ann Hanham, Eric Francois, Gonzalez David Angulo, Guy Macdonald, Marco Taglietti and Patrick Machado.
How do I buy SCYNEXIS stock?
Shares of SCYNEXIS can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of SCYNEXIS stock cost?
One share of SCYNEXIS stock can currently be purchased for approximately $3.62.