About Cidara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CDTX)
Cidara Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of anti-infectives for the treatment of diseases. Its lead product candidate is rezafungin acetate, a molecule in the echinocandin class of antifungals for the treatment and prevention of serious invasive fungal infections, including candidemia and invasive candidiasis, fungal infections associated with high mortality rates. It is also developing antibody-drug conjugates for multidrug-resistant bacterial infections that directly kill pathogens and also direct a patient's immune system to attack and eliminate bacterial, fungal, or viral pathogens. The company was formerly known as K2 Therapeutics, Inc. and changed its name to Cidara Therapeutics, Inc. in June 2014. Cidara Therapeutics, Inc. was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in San Diego, California.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Biological products, except diagnostic
Trailing P/E Ratio-1.65
Forward P/E Ratio-2.01
Sales & Book Value
Price / SalesN/A
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$2.95 per share
Price / Book1.78
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($3.18)
Return on Equity-106.22%
Return on Assets-79.34%
Cidara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CDTX) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Cidara Therapeutics' stock symbol?
Cidara Therapeutics trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CDTX."
How were Cidara Therapeutics' earnings last quarter?
Cidara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CDTX) released its earnings results on Thursday, May, 10th. The biotechnology company reported ($0.80) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.70) by $0.10. View Cidara Therapeutics' Earnings History.
What price target have analysts set for CDTX?
3 equities research analysts have issued 1 year price objectives for Cidara Therapeutics' stock. Their forecasts range from $15.00 to $16.00. On average, they anticipate Cidara Therapeutics' share price to reach $15.50 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Cidara Therapeutics.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Cidara Therapeutics stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cidara Therapeutics stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Cidara Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company. The company is focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of novel anti-infectives. Its product pipeline includes CD101 IV, a long-acting echinocandin antifungal, CD101 topical and C001 which are in different clinical trial. The company developed its product using Cloudbreak(TM) immunotherapy platform. Cidara Therapeutics, Inc. is headquartered in San Diego, California. " (5/28/2018)
- 2. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "Positives from the quarter that support our thesis: 1) On 11/28/17, Cidara announced the completion of patient enrollment in its Phase 2 STRIVE trial for rezafungin (formerly CD101 IV) to treat patients with candidemia and invasive candidiasis, 2) in January 2018, Cidara presented data highlighting the potential advantages of rezafungin for the treatment and prevention of invasive fungal infections in immunocompromised patients at the 8th AAA Conference and 2018 BMT Tandem Meetings, 3) in January 2018, Cidara announced that a supplement to the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy was published, providing insight into the future of echinocandin therapy, including strategies for the treatment and prevention of life-threatening invasive fungal infections, 4) in October 2017, Cidara received ~$20MM in gross proceeds from a private placement, 5) in October 2017, Cidara presented preclinical rezafungin data in six presentations at ID Week 2017 and at the 8th Trends in Medical Mycology meeting highlighting rezafungin’s potential advantages, and 6) cash and equivalents totaled $75.3MM as of 12/31/17." (2/27/2018)
Who are some of Cidara Therapeutics' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Cidara Therapeutics include Scholar Rock (SRRK), Nightstar Therapeutics (NITE), Vericel (VCEL), Surface Oncology (SURF), MeiraGTx (MGTX), PDL BioPharma (PDLI), Idera Pharmaceuticals (IDRA), NanoString Technologies (NSTG), Adverum Biotechnologies (ADVM), Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR), Cellular Biomedicine Group (CBMG), Allena Pharmaceuticals (ALNA), Agenus (AGEN), Jounce Therapeutics (JNCE) and Nantkwest (NK).
Who are Cidara Therapeutics' key executives?
Cidara Therapeutics' management team includes the folowing people:
- Dr. Jeffrey L. Stein, CEO, Pres & Exec. Director (Age 63)
- Mr. Matthew W. Onaitis, CFO, Principal Accounting Officer, Gen. Counsel & Sec. (Age 47)
- Mr. Neil Abdollahian, Chief Bus. Officer (Age 45)
- Dr. Kevin M. Forrest Ph.D., Founder and Chief Strategy Officer (Age 41)
- Dr. Kenneth F. Bartizal Ph.D., Chief Devel. Officer (Age 67)
When did Cidara Therapeutics IPO?
(CDTX) raised $60 million in an IPO on Wednesday, April 15th 2015. The company issued 4,000,000 shares at a price of $14.00-$16.00 per share. Jefferies and Leerink Partners served as the underwriters for the IPO and Wedbush PacGrow Life Sciences, Needham and BTIG were co-managers.
Has Cidara Therapeutics been receiving favorable news coverage?
Press coverage about CDTX stock has been trending somewhat positive this week, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. The research group identifies negative and positive press coverage by reviewing more than twenty million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Cidara Therapeutics earned a news impact score of 0.08 on Accern's scale. They also gave headlines about the biotechnology company an impact score of 47.03 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the next several days.
Who are Cidara Therapeutics' major shareholders?
Cidara Therapeutics' stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Prosight Management LP (5.54%), BlackRock Inc. (1.17%), Guggenheim Capital LLC (1.05%), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (0.32%), Trellus Management Company LLC (0.22%) and Northern Trust Corp (0.17%). Company insiders that own Cidara Therapeutics stock include Jeffrey Stein, Kevin Forrest, Target N V Biotech and Taylor Sandison. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Cidara Therapeutics.
Which major investors are selling Cidara Therapeutics stock?
Which major investors are buying Cidara Therapeutics stock?
CDTX stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Guggenheim Capital LLC, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Northern Trust Corp and Trexquant Investment LP. Company insiders that have bought Cidara Therapeutics stock in the last two years include Jeffrey Stein, Kevin Forrest, Target N V Biotech and Taylor Sandison. View Insider Buying and Selling for Cidara Therapeutics.
How do I buy shares of Cidara Therapeutics?
Shares of CDTX can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Cidara Therapeutics' stock price today?
One share of CDTX stock can currently be purchased for approximately $5.25.
How big of a company is Cidara Therapeutics?
Cidara Therapeutics has a market capitalization of $123 million. The biotechnology company earns $-55,720,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($3.18) on an earnings per share basis. Cidara Therapeutics employs 61 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Cidara Therapeutics?
Cidara Therapeutics' mailing address is 6310 NANCY RIDGE DRIVE SUITE 101, SAN DIEGO CA, 92121. The biotechnology company can be reached via phone at 858-752-6170 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Cidara Therapeutics (CDTX)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Cidara Therapeutics and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe CDTX will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe CDTX will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.