About Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a biotechnology company. The Company focuses on the development and commercialization of medicines to treat liver disease. The Company operates through commercialization and development of pharmaceutical products segment. The Company is engaged in developing emricasan, which is an orally active pan-caspase protease inhibitor for the treatment of patients with chronic liver disease. Emricasan has the potential to interrupt the progression of liver disease and provide treatment options in multiple areas of liver disease. Emricasan is designed to slow or halt the progression of chronic liver disease caused by fibrosis and cirrhosis. Emricasan works by inhibiting caspases, which are a family of related enzymes that plays as modulators of critical cellular functions, including functions that result in apoptosis and inflammation.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Industry: Bio Therapeutic Drugs
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Sector: Medical
- Symbol: NASDAQ:CNAT
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.conatuspharma.com
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.41%
- Current Ratio: 2.69%
- Quick Ratio: 2.69%
Sales & Book Value:
- Annual Sales: $800,000.00
- Price / Sales: 158.25
- Book Value: $1.04 per share
- Price / Book: 4.06
- Trailing EPS: ($0.81)
- Net Income: ($29,730,000.00)
- Net Margins: -80.98%
- Return on Equity: -83.02%
- Return on Assets: -25.04%
- Employees: 27
- Outstanding Shares: 30,000,000
Frequently Asked Questions for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
What is Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock symbol?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CNAT."
How were Conatus Pharmaceuticals' earnings last quarter?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:CNAT) announced its earnings results on Wednesday, November, 1st. The biotechnology company reported ($0.13) EPS for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.05) by $0.08. The biotechnology company had revenue of $9.57 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $16.06 million. Conatus Pharmaceuticals had a negative return on equity of 83.02% and a negative net margin of 80.98%. During the same period in the prior year, the business posted ($0.31) earnings per share. View Conatus Pharmaceuticals' Earnings History.
When will Conatus Pharmaceuticals make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock going? Where will Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock price be in 2017?
6 Wall Street analysts have issued 1-year price objectives for Conatus Pharmaceuticals' shares. Their forecasts range from $10.00 to $26.00. On average, they expect Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock price to reach $16.00 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Conatus Pharmaceuticals.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Conatus presently has no approved product in its portfolio. The company’s lead candidate emricasan is in phase II development for treatment of chronic liver disease, including NASH fibrosis. We are positive on the company’s plans to initiate studies on emricasan, targeting different types of NASH patient populations as the market holds huge untapped potential. Though Conatus is progressing well with emricasan, it is still several years away from entering the market. Any development/regulatory setback on emricasan could hamper Conatus’ prospects. Notably, several companies are working on developing treatments for NASH which might make the market competitive for emricasan. The stock has underperformed the industry so far this year." (10/3/2017)
- 2. Aegis analysts commented, "We believe that Novartis will likely exercise its option for worldwide exclusive rights to Emricasan. Potential Combination Products. Under the agreement, Novartis’ option includes the ability to develop products using either Emricasan as the sole active ingredient or in combination with other compounds in its pipeline (e.g., farnesoid X). The tiered royalties payable to Conatus for these potential combination products range from high-single digits to mid-teens and are subject to certain reductions." (3/16/2017)
- 3. FBR & Co analysts commented, "We think the strong pairing formed when Conatus Pharmaceuticals signed an option, collaboration, and licensing agreement with Novartis (NVS) firmly de-risked the path for completing clinical development of CNAT's Phase III ready liver disease drug emricasan, which is the most clinically advanced drug candidate in liver cirrhosis. In particular, we look for CNAT to benefit from collaborative synergies with NVS's expertise in liver disease research, and its track record of success in drug development and commercialization. As it is now a key new program in NVS's pipeline of $1B-plus potential product candidates, we also think this deal validates the value of emricasan, with the $650M deal recognition of emricasan's potential application in liver diseases with different etiologies. Therefore, we reiterate our Outperform rating." (3/15/2017)
Are investors shorting Conatus Pharmaceuticals?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals saw a drop in short interest in the month of October. As of October 31st, there was short interest totalling 1,461,190 shares, a drop of 30.6% from the October 13th total of 2,104,172 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 337,296 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is presently 4.3 days. Currently, 5.7% of the shares of the stock are short sold.
Who are some of Conatus Pharmaceuticals' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Conatus Pharmaceuticals include Catalyst Pharmaceuticals (CPRX), Endocyte (ECYT), Faron Pharmaceuticals Oy (FARN), Ovid Therapeutc (OVID), Selecta Biosciences (SELB), Vital Therapies (VTL), Athersys (ATHX), Forward Pharma A/S (FWP), Chimerix (CMRX), Threshold Pharmaceuticals (MTEM), Immune Design Corp. (IMDZ), Kindred Biosciences (KIN), Foamix Pharmaceuticals (FOMX), Cascadian Therapeutics (CASC), Spring Bank Pharmaceuticals (SBPH), Minerva Neurosciences (NERV), Dicerna Pharmaceuticals (DRNA) and TOCAGEN INC (TOCA).
Who are Conatus Pharmaceuticals' key executives?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals' management team includes the folowing people:
- David F. Hale, Independent Chairman of the Board (Age 67)
- Steven J. Mento Ph.D., President, Chief Executive Officer, Director (Age 65)
- Keith W. Marshall, Chief Financial Officer, Principal Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Executive Vice President
- Alfred P. Spada Ph.D., Executive Vice President - Research & Development, Chief Scientific Officer (Age 57)
- David T. Hagerty M.D., Executive Vice President, Clinical Development (Age 60)
- Daniel L. Ripley, Senior Vice President - Business Development, Program and Alliance Management
- Edward F. Smith III., Ph.D., Senior Vice President - Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance
- Michelle L Vandertie, Acting Principal Accounting Officer (Age 53)
- Daniel L. Kisner M.D., Additional Independent Director (Age 70)
- Preston S. Klassen M.D., Additional Independent Director (Age 48)
Who owns Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Bank of New York Mellon Corp (0.61%), Sterling Capital Management LLC (0.43%), Macquarie Group Ltd. (0.20%), New York State Common Retirement Fund (0.08%) and Wells Fargo & Company MN (0.06%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Conatus Pharmaceuticals.
Who bought Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock? Who is buying Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Sterling Capital Management LLC, Macquarie Group Ltd., Bank of New York Mellon Corp, Wells Fargo & Company MN and New York State Common Retirement Fund. View Insider Buying and Selling for Conatus Pharmaceuticals.
How do I buy Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock?
Shares of Conatus Pharmaceuticals can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock price today?
One share of Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock can currently be purchased for approximately $4.22.
How big of a company is Conatus Pharmaceuticals?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals has a market capitalization of $126.62 million and generates $800,000.00 in revenue each year. The biotechnology company earns ($29,730,000.00) in net income (profit) each year or ($0.81) on an earnings per share basis. Conatus Pharmaceuticals employs 27 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Conatus Pharmaceuticals?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals' mailing address is 16745 WEST BERNARDO DRIVE Suite 200, San Diego CA, 92127. The biotechnology company can be reached via phone at 858-376-2600 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ CNAT)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Conatus Pharmaceuticals and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Analysts' Consensus Rating for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||0 Sell Ratings, 0 Hold Ratings, 6 Buy Ratings, 0 Strong Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 3.00)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$16.00 (279.15% upside)|
Consensus Price Target History for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
Analysts' Ratings History for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
(Data available from 11/19/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|11/2/2017||HC Wainwright||Reiterated Rating||Buy -> Buy||$18.00 -> $17.00||N/A|
|10/6/2017||Seaport Global Securities||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$16.00||N/A|
|8/3/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$10.00||High|
|3/15/2017||FBR & Co||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$16.00||High|
|12/23/2016||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$17.00 -> $26.00||N/A|
|11/9/2016||JMP Securities||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|10/4/2016||Brean Capital||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$7.00||N/A|
|7/1/2016||Roth Capital||Initiated Coverage||Buy -> Buy||N/A|
Earnings History and Estimates Chart for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
Earnings History by Quarter for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ CNAT)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|3/21/2018|| || || || || || || || |
|11/1/2017||Q3 2017||($0.05)||($0.13)||$16.06 million||$9.57 million||View||N/A|
|8/2/2017||Q2 2017||($0.17)||($0.19)||$9.33 million||$10.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/4/2017||Q1 2017||($0.34)||($0.14)||$5.88 million||$7.00 million||View||Listen|
|3/15/2017||Q4 2016||($0.32)||($0.35)||$0.80 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.59)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Latest Headlines for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ CNAT)
Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ CNAT) Chart for Sunday, November, 19, 2017