Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a biotechnology company. The Company focuses on the development and commercialization of medicines to treat liver disease. The Company operates through commercialization and development of pharmaceutical products segment. The Company is engaged in developing emricasan, which is an orally active pan-caspase protease inhibitor for the treatment of patients with chronic liver disease. Emricasan has the potential to interrupt the progression of liver disease and provide treatment options in multiple areas of liver disease. Emricasan is designed to slow or halt the progression of chronic liver disease caused by fibrosis and cirrhosis. Emricasan works by inhibiting caspases, which are a family of related enzymes that plays as modulators of critical cellular functions, including functions that result in apoptosis and inflammation.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Bio Therapeutic Drugs
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:CNAT
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.conatuspharma.com
- Market Cap: $155.97 million
- Outstanding Shares: 26,169,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $5.69
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $5.57
- 52 Week Range: $1.45 - $9.40
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -66.22
- P/E Growth: -0.22
- Annual Revenue: $7.8 million
- Price / Sales: 20.00
- Book Value: $0.74 per share
- Price / Book: 8.05
- EBIDTA: ($26,140,000.00)
- Return on Equity: -107.25%
- Return on Assets: -45.07%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.65%
- Current Ratio: 2.39%
- Quick Ratio: 2.39%
- Average Volume: 982,964 shs.
- Beta: 1.29
- Short Ratio: 3.34
Frequently Asked Questions for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
What is Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock symbol?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CNAT."
How were Conatus Pharmaceuticals' earnings last quarter?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:CNAT) announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, May, 4th. The company reported ($0.14) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of ($0.34) by $0.20. The business earned $7 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $5.88 million. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted ($0.35) EPS. View Conatus Pharmaceuticals' Earnings History.
When will Conatus Pharmaceuticals make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock going? Where will Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock price be in 2017?
7 analysts have issued 1-year target prices for Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock. Their predictions range from $7.00 to $26.00. On average, they expect Conatus Pharmaceuticals' share price to reach $14.50 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Conatus Pharmaceuticals.
What are analysts saying about Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Conatus presently has no approved product in its portfolio. However, its progress with the lead candidate, emricasan has been encouraging. Emricasan is in phase II development for the treatment of chronic liver disease, including NASH fibrosis. Conatus also plans to initiate studies on emricasan targeting different types of NASH patient populations. Moreover, the stock has outperformed the industry in the last one year. On the flip side, though emricasan is progressing well, it is still several years away from entering the market, if at all. Any development/regulatory setback could hamper Conatus’ prospects. Notably, several companies are working on developing treatments for NASH which might make the market competitive for emricasan. Estimates have been stable lately ahead of the company’s Q2 earnings release. The company has positive record of earnings surprises in recent quarters." (7/24/2017)
- 2. Aegis analysts commented, "We believe that Novartis will likely exercise its option for worldwide exclusive rights to Emricasan. Potential Combination Products. Under the agreement, Novartis’ option includes the ability to develop products using either Emricasan as the sole active ingredient or in combination with other compounds in its pipeline (e.g., farnesoid X). The tiered royalties payable to Conatus for these potential combination products range from high-single digits to mid-teens and are subject to certain reductions." (3/16/2017)
- 3. FBR & Co analysts commented, "We think the strong pairing formed when Conatus Pharmaceuticals signed an option, collaboration, and licensing agreement with Novartis (NVS) firmly de-risked the path for completing clinical development of CNAT's Phase III ready liver disease drug emricasan, which is the most clinically advanced drug candidate in liver cirrhosis. In particular, we look for CNAT to benefit from collaborative synergies with NVS's expertise in liver disease research, and its track record of success in drug development and commercialization. As it is now a key new program in NVS's pipeline of $1B-plus potential product candidates, we also think this deal validates the value of emricasan, with the $650M deal recognition of emricasan's potential application in liver diseases with different etiologies. Therefore, we reiterate our Outperform rating." (3/15/2017)
Are investors shorting Conatus Pharmaceuticals?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals saw a increase in short interest in June. As of June 30th, there was short interest totalling 2,800,954 shares, an increase of 340.0% from the June 15th total of 636,585 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 1,195,356 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is presently 2.3 days. Currently, 11.3% of the shares of the stock are short sold.
Who are some of Conatus Pharmaceuticals' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Conatus Pharmaceuticals include Rigel Pharmaceuticals (RIGL), Corbus Pharmaceuticals Holdings (CRBP), Immune Design Corp. (IMDZ), GlycoMimetics (GLYC), Minerva Neurosciences (NERV), AVEO Pharmaceuticals (AVEO), DURECT Corporation (DRRX), Ardelyx (ARDX), Oxford BioMedica plc (OXB), Catalyst Pharmaceuticals (CPRX), Akebia Therapeutics (AKBA), Circassia Pharmaceuticals PLC (CIR), Chimerix (CMRX), Pieris Pharmaceuticals (PIRS), Stemline Therapeutics (STML), Clearside Biomedical (CLSD), CymaBay Therapeutics (CBAY) and Cempra (CEMP).
Who are Conatus Pharmaceuticals' key executives?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals' management team includes the folowing people:
- David F. Hale, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Steven J. Mento Ph.D., President, Chief Executive Officer, Acting Principal Financial Officer, Director
- Alfred P. Spada Ph.D., Executive Vice President - Research & Development, Chief Scientific Officer
- David T. Hagerty M.D., Executive Vice President, Clinical Development
- Daniel L. Ripley, Senior Vice President - Business Development, Program and Alliance Management
- Edward F. Smith III., Ph.D., Senior Vice President - Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance
- Michelle L. Vandertie, Acting Principal Accounting Officer
- Daniel L. Kisner M.D., Additional Independent Director
- Preston S. Klassen M.D., Additional Independent Director
- William R. LaRue, Additional Independent Director
Who owns Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock?
Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Acadian Asset Management LLC (4.20%), Russell Investments Group Ltd. (0.45%), Strs Ohio (0.10%), Reilly Financial Advisors LLC (0.08%) and Bank of Montreal Can (0.07%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Conatus Pharmaceuticals.
Who bought Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock? Who is buying Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock?
How do I buy Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock?
Shares of Conatus Pharmaceuticals can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Conatus Pharmaceuticals' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ CNAT)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Conatus Pharmaceuticals and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Conatus Pharmaceuticals stock can currently be purchased for approximately $5.96.
Consensus Ratings for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||7 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 3.00)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$14.50 (143.29% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
(Data available from 7/26/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|6/29/2017||HC Wainwright||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$18.00||High|
|3/16/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Buy -> Buy||$7.00 -> $9.00||High|
|3/15/2017||FBR & Co||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$16.00||High|
|12/23/2016||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$17.00 -> $26.00||N/A|
|11/9/2016||JMP Securities||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|10/4/2016||Brean Capital||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$7.00||N/A|
|7/1/2016||Roth Capital||Initiated Coverage||Buy -> Buy||N/A|
|9/24/2015||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$5.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)Earnings History by Quarter for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ CNAT)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/4/2017||Q1 2017||($0.34)||($0.14)||$5.88 million||$7.00 million||View||Listen|
|3/15/2017||Q4 2016||($0.32)||($0.35)||$0.80 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.62)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
Latest Headlines for Conatus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNAT)
Conatus Pharmaceuticals (CNAT) Chart for Wednesday, July, 26, 2017