Cree, Inc. is a manufacturer of lighting-class light emitting diode (LED) products, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio-frequency (RF) applications. The Company's products are focused for applications, such as indoor and outdoor lighting, video displays, transportation, electronic signs and signals, power supplies, inverters and wireless systems. The Company has three segments: Lighting Products, LED Products, and Power and RF Products. The Company's Lighting Products segment offers LED lighting systems and bulbs. The Company's LED Products segment offers LED components, LED chips and silicon carbide (SiC) materials. The Company's Power and RF Products segment offers power devices and RF devices. The Company designs, manufactures and markets lighting systems for indoor and outdoor applications, with a focus on LED lighting systems for the commercial, industrial and consumer markets.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Semiconductor Equipment & Materials
- Sub-Industry: Semiconductors
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: CREE
- CUSIP: 22544710
- Previous Close: $27.67
- 50 Day Moving Average: $27.36
- 200 Day Moving Average: $25.55
- 52-Week Range: $20.75 - $32.92
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 39.72
- P/E Growth: -4.84
- Market Cap: $2.70B
- Outstanding Shares: 98,467,000
- Beta: 1.29
- Net Margins: -0.26%
- Return on Equity: 1.06%
- Return on Assets: 0.90%
Companies Related to Cree:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.07%
- Current Ratio: 6.99%
- Quick Ratio: 5.67%
What is Cree's stock symbol?
Cree trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CREE."
Where is Cree's stock going? Where will Cree's stock price be in 2017?
17 brokerages have issued 12-month target prices for Cree's shares. Their forecasts range from $17.00 to $73.00. On average, they expect Cree's stock price to reach $32.00 in the next year.
When will Cree announce their earnings?
Cree is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, April, 25th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Cree stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cree stock:
- Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "We are actually incrementally more positive on CREE after termination of the Wolfspeed divestiture to Infineon [Not Rated] due to regulatory concerns. While management's strategy is to transform Cree from a device manufacturer to becoming a lighting company, we have been concerned about the unintended consequence of the deal. Since selling Wolfspeed would offload a large profit contributor, we believe CREE could be hastened to quickly redeploy that capital in acquisitions, ultimately leading to buying a "wrong" asset. We like the decision to keep Wolfspeed especially as it appears the business is entering a new growth phase and contributing solid profits to the overall company. With the model in flux and the loss of a cash for downside support for the stock, we maintain our Hold." (2/17/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Cree, Inc. is a market-leading innovator and manufacturer of semiconductors that enhance the value of solid-state lighting, power and communications products by significantly increasing their energy performance and efficiency. Key to Cree's market advantage is its world-class materials expertise in silicon carbide and gallium nitride for chips and packaged devices that can handle more power in a smaller space while producing less heat than other available technologies, materials and products. Cree drives its increased performance technology into multiple applications, including exciting alternatives in brighter and more-tunable light for general illumination, backlighting for more-vivid displays, optimized power management for high-current switch-mode power supplies and variable-speed motors, and more-effective wireless infrastructure for data and voice communications. Cree customers range from innovative lighting-fixtures makers to defense-related federal agencies. " (1/30/2017)
- Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "Cree's pivot towards being an LED lighting pure-play will take time, as the core commercial lighting business stays more muted and (recent) encouraging signs in LED component pricing (and potential micro LED capacity absorption in the industry) are too early to suggest a sustainable trend toward margin expansion, in our view. Pivots take time, and the Street should be looking toward ~F2018 as a time frame to measure related progress, in our view." (1/19/2017)
Who owns Cree stock?
Cree's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include FMR LLC (10.85%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (5.93%), State Street Corp (2.93%), FIL Ltd (0.89%), Royce & Associates LP (0.70%) and Frontier Capital Management Co. LLC (0.68%). Company insiders that own Cree stock include Anne Clem Whitaker, Charles M Swoboda, Darren R Jackson, John B Replogle, Michael E Mcdevitt, Norbert Hiller and Robert Alexander Ingram.
Who sold Cree stock? Who is selling Cree stock?
Cree's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Oxford Asset Management, Baird Financial Group Inc., State Street Corp, Van ECK Associates Corp, Frontier Capital Management Co. LLC, Girard Securities Inc. and Raymond James Financial Services Advisors Inc..
Who bought Cree stock? Who is buying Cree stock?
Cree's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Two Sigma Investments LP, FIL Ltd, Royce & Associates LP, Fiera Capital Corp, Guggenheim Capital LLC, Pacad Investment Ltd. and Menta Capital LLC. Company insiders that have bought Cree stock in the last two years include Charles M Swoboda, Darren R Jackson, John B Replogle, Michael E Mcdevitt and Norbert Hiller.
How do I buy Cree stock?
Shares of Cree can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Cree stock cost?
One share of Cree stock can currently be purchased for approximately $27.41.