Cardiome Pharma Corp. (Cardiome) is a specialty pharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in the development and commercialization of cardiovascular therapies for heart disease. The Company's segments are Europe and Rest of World. Cardiome has two marketed, in-hospital, cardiology products, which include BRINAVESS (vernakalant IV), approved in Europe and other territories for the conversion of onset atrial fibrillation (AF) to sinus rhythm in adults, and AGGRASTAT (tirofiban hydrochloride (HCl)), indicated for use in patients with acute coronary syndrome. Cardiome also commercializes ESMOCARD and ESMOCARD LYO (esmolol hydrochloride), a short-acting beta-blocker used to control heart rate in various cardiovascular indications, in select European markets. Cardiome has also licensed TREVYENT, a development-stage drug device combination product that is under development for pulmonary arterial hypertension, in certain regions outside the United States.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Biopharmaceuticals
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:CRME
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.cardiome.com
- Market Cap: $73.52 million
- Outstanding Shares: 33,801,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $3.03
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $3.53
- 52 Week Range: $2.09 - $4.84
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -5.18
- P/E Growth: -0.12
- Annual Revenue: $23.21 million
- Price / Sales: 3.17
- Book Value: $0.85 per share
- Price / Book: 2.55
- EBIDTA: ($17,410,000.00)
- Net Margins: -110.95%
- Return on Equity: -78.51%
- Return on Assets: -38.30%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.99%
- Current Ratio: 4.81%
- Quick Ratio: 4.12%
- Average Volume: 129,473 shs.
- Beta: 1.1
- Short Ratio: 5.61
Frequently Asked Questions for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME)
What is Cardiome Pharma Corporation's stock symbol?
Cardiome Pharma Corporation trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CRME."
How were Cardiome Pharma Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME) issued its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August, 8th. The company reported ($0.26) EPS for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of ($0.18) by $0.08. The firm had revenue of $5.75 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $6.88 million. Cardiome Pharma Corporation had a negative net margin of 110.95% and a negative return on equity of 78.51%. The business's revenue for the quarter was down 2.5% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted ($0.37) earnings per share. View Cardiome Pharma Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Cardiome Pharma Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Cardiome Pharma Corporation's stock going? Where will Cardiome Pharma Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
5 brokerages have issued 1 year price objectives for Cardiome Pharma Corporation's shares. Their predictions range from $3.50 to $10.00. On average, they expect Cardiome Pharma Corporation's stock price to reach $6.56 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Cardiome Pharma Corporation.
What are analysts saying about Cardiome Pharma Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cardiome Pharma Corporation stock:
- 1. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "Date and time of first dissemination: August 21, 2017, 09:42 ET Date and time of production: August 21, 2017, 09:42 ET Target Price / Valuation Methodology: Cardiome Pharma Corp. – CRME Discounted cash flow analysis supports an $8 valuation for CRME shares Our discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis leads us to a 12-month valuation of around $8/share for CRME, assuming continued progress on the Brinavess Canada and Xydalba launches along with a potential Trevyent launch in 2019. We estimate a weighted average cost of capital (WACC) of 11.2%, which assumes an 88% equity/total capital structure at a 10.3% cost of equity capital and a 12% debt/total capital structure at a 14% cost of debt. We use a long-term estimated tax rate of 22% and a terminal growth decline of 1% in our analysis. For cash management purposes, our analysis assumes an equity raise in 2H/17 but management has not publicly commented on the possibility of future capital raises. Risks to achieving Target Price / Valuation: Cardiome Pharma Corp. – CRME OUS payers and providers can be more difficult to predict – Given the relative lack of market data compared to the US coupled with a fragmented payer landscape, variability in physician training and standard of care modalities, and different preferences in patient populations in OUS markets, the marketability of a product in these environments can be more difficult to predict than in the US." (8/21/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Cardiome Pharma Corp. is a product-focused cardiovascular drug development company with two clinical drug programs focused on atrial arrhythmia (intravenous and oral dosing), and a pre-clinical program directed at improving cardiovascular function. " (8/11/2017)
Who are some of Cardiome Pharma Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Cardiome Pharma Corporation include Peregrine Pharmaceuticals (PPHM), MediWound (MDWD), VIVUS (VVUS), Alimera Sciences (ALIM), Opiant Pharmaceuticals (OPNT), KalVista Pharmaceuticals (KALV), Chiasma (CHMA), Tokai Pharmaceuticals (NVUS), Cesca Therapeutics (KOOL), Ocera Therapeutics (OCRX), Sonoma Pharmaceuticals (SNOA), Catalyst Biosciences (CBIO), Onconova Therapeutics (ONTX), Argos Therapeutics (ARGS), Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL), Baxalta (BXLT), Horizon Therapeutics (HPTX) and Ocera Therapeutics (TZYM).
Who are Cardiome Pharma Corporation's key executives?
Cardiome Pharma Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- W. James O'Shea, Independent Chairman of the Board
- William L. Hunter M.D., President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Justin A. Renz, Chief Financial Officer
- Sheila M. Grant, Chief Operating Officer
- David D. McMasters J.D., Corporate General Counsel
- David C. Dean, Chief Business Development Officer
- Jennifer Archibald CPA, Chief Business Operations Officer
- Hugues Sachot, Chief Commercial Officer
- Richard M. Glickman LL.D., Lead Independent Director
- Mark H.N. Corrigan M.D., Independent Director
Who owns Cardiome Pharma Corporation stock?
Cardiome Pharma Corporation's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include
WESTFIELD CAPITAL MANAGEMENT COMPANY LP
(16.75%), Westfield Capital Management Co. LP (16.56%), Tamarack Advisers LP (5.64%), Stonepine Capital Management LLC (5.00%), AlphaOne Investment Services LLC (1.98%) and JPMorgan Chase & Co. (0.49%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Cardiome Pharma Corporation.
Who sold Cardiome Pharma Corporation stock? Who is selling Cardiome Pharma Corporation stock?
Who bought Cardiome Pharma Corporation stock? Who is buying Cardiome Pharma Corporation stock?
How do I buy Cardiome Pharma Corporation stock?
Shares of Cardiome Pharma Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Cardiome Pharma Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ CRME)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Cardiome Pharma Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Cardiome Pharma Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $2.18.
Consensus Ratings for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Hold Rating, 4 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.80)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$6.56 (201.72% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME)
(Data available from 9/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|8/22/2017||HC Wainwright||Set Price Target||Buy||$10.00||High|
|8/21/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Set Price Target||Buy||$8.00||High|
|12/22/2016||Leerink Swann||Initiated Coverage||Outperform||$4.75||N/A|
|11/9/2016||Bloom Burton||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|10/12/2016||Mackie||Reiterated Rating||Speculative Buy -> Hold||$5.10 -> $3.50||N/A|
|8/15/2016||Brean Capital||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$10.00 -> $7.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME)Earnings History by Quarter for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ CRME)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|11/6/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|8/8/2017||6/30/2017||($0.18)||($0.26)||$6.88 million||$5.75 million||View||Listen|
|5/15/2017||3/31/2017||($0.15)||($0.20)||$6.96 million||$5.19 million||View||N/A|
|3/7/2017||Q4||($0.16)||($0.18)||$6.72 million||$7.00 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2016||Q316||($0.20)||($0.19)||$5.68 million||$5.20 million||View||Listen|
|8/9/2016||Q216||($0.19)||($0.37)||$6.73 million||$5.90 million||View||N/A|
|5/13/2016||Q116||($0.21)||($0.06)||$6.34 million||$7.10 million||View||Listen|
|3/10/2016||Q415||($0.19)||($0.37)||$7.74 million||$4.70 million||View||Listen|
|11/13/2015||Q315||($0.23)||($0.31)||$7.08 million||$5.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/5/2015||Q215||($0.25)||($0.43)||$7.67 million||$5.70 million||View||N/A|
|5/13/2015||Q115||($0.28)||($0.23)||$7.48 million||$5.50 million||View||Listen|
|3/12/2015||Q414||($0.14)||($0.39)||$8.54 million||$7.00 million||View||N/A|
|11/7/2014||Q314||($0.13)||($0.26)||$6.20 million||$7.81 million||View||N/A|
|8/11/2014||Q2 2014||($0.16)||($0.26)||$6.77 million||$7.67 million||View||N/A|
|5/12/2014||Q114||($0.11)||($0.20)||$8.08 million||$7.60 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.54)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME)
Latest Headlines for Cardiome Pharma Corporation (NASDAQ:CRME)
Cardiome Pharma Corporation (CRME) Chart for Friday, September, 22, 2017