About Cardiome Pharma (NASDAQ:CRME)
Cardiome Pharma Corp., a specialty pharmaceutical company, engages in the development and commercialization of therapies for the treatment of patients suffering from heart diseases. It offers BRINAVESS (vernakalant (IV)) for the conversion of recent onset atrial fibrillation to sinus rhythm in adults; and AGGRASTAT, a reversible GP IIb/IIIa inhibitor for use in acute coronary syndrome patients. The company also provides ESMOCARD and ESMOCARD LYO short-acting beta-blockers used to control rapid heart rate; XYDALBA, a semi-synthetic lipoglycopeptide for the treatment of acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections; and TREVYENT for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension. It has operations in Canada, the United States, Europe, and internationally. The company was formerly known as Nortran Pharmaceuticals Inc. and changed its name to Cardiome Pharma Corp. in June 2001. Cardiome Pharma Corp. was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Pharmaceutical preparations
Trailing P/E Ratio-2.59
Forward P/E Ratio-3.03
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$24 million
Price / Sales3.39
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$0.26 per share
Price / Book8.96
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($0.90)
Return on Equity-164.75%
Return on Assets-47.61%
Cardiome Pharma (NASDAQ:CRME) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Cardiome Pharma's stock symbol?
Cardiome Pharma trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CRME."
How were Cardiome Pharma's earnings last quarter?
Cardiome Pharma Co. (NASDAQ:CRME) released its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, May, 15th. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($0.24) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of ($0.22) by $0.02. The biopharmaceutical company had revenue of $6.54 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $7.34 million. Cardiome Pharma had a negative net margin of 125.98% and a negative return on equity of 164.75%. View Cardiome Pharma's Earnings History.
When is Cardiome Pharma's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for CRME?
3 brokerages have issued 1-year target prices for Cardiome Pharma's stock. Their predictions range from $5.00 to $10.00. On average, they expect Cardiome Pharma's stock price to reach $7.50 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Cardiome Pharma.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Cardiome Pharma stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cardiome Pharma stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Cardiome Pharma Corp. is a product-focused cardiovascular drug development company with two clinical drug programs focused on atrial arrhythmia (intravenous and oral dosing), and a pre-clinical program directed at improving cardiovascular function. " (11/14/2017)
- 2. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "Date and time of first dissemination: August 21, 2017, 09:42 ET Date and time of production: August 21, 2017, 09:42 ET Target Price / Valuation Methodology: Cardiome Pharma Corp. – CRME Discounted cash flow analysis supports an $8 valuation for CRME shares Our discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis leads us to a 12-month valuation of around $8/share for CRME, assuming continued progress on the Brinavess Canada and Xydalba launches along with a potential Trevyent launch in 2019. We estimate a weighted average cost of capital (WACC) of 11.2%, which assumes an 88% equity/total capital structure at a 10.3% cost of equity capital and a 12% debt/total capital structure at a 14% cost of debt. We use a long-term estimated tax rate of 22% and a terminal growth decline of 1% in our analysis. For cash management purposes, our analysis assumes an equity raise in 2H/17 but management has not publicly commented on the possibility of future capital raises. Risks to achieving Target Price / Valuation: Cardiome Pharma Corp. – CRME OUS payers and providers can be more difficult to predict – Given the relative lack of market data compared to the US coupled with a fragmented payer landscape, variability in physician training and standard of care modalities, and different preferences in patient populations in OUS markets, the marketability of a product in these environments can be more difficult to predict than in the US." (8/21/2017)
Who are some of Cardiome Pharma's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Cardiome Pharma include Athersys (ATHX), Kindred Biosciences (KIN), Strongbridge Biopharma (SBBP), Ocular Therapeutix (OCUL), Marinus Pharmaceuticals (MRNS), BioSpecifics Technologies (BSTC), Catalyst Biosciences (CBIO), Kadmon (KDMN), CTI BioPharma (CTIC), Ra Pharmaceuticals (RARX), Biofrontera (BFRA), Selecta Biosciences (SELB), Melinta Therapeutics (MLNT), Avadel Pharmaceuticals (AVDL) and ASLAN PHARMACEUTICALS ADR REP 5 (ASLN).
Who are Cardiome Pharma's key executives?
Cardiome Pharma's management team includes the folowing people:
- Dr. William L. Hunter, Pres, CEO & Director (Age 55)
- Ms. Sheila M. Grant MBA, Chief Operating Officer
- Mr. David D. McMasters, Gen. Counsel (Age 59)
- Mr. Hugues Sachot, Chief Commercial Officer
- Mr. Justin A. Renz, Chief Financial Officer (Age 46)
Has Cardiome Pharma been receiving favorable news coverage?
News headlines about CRME stock have been trending somewhat positive this week, Accern Sentiment Analysis reports. The research firm identifies positive and negative media coverage by analyzing more than twenty million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Cardiome Pharma earned a media sentiment score of 0.13 on Accern's scale. They also gave media coverage about the biopharmaceutical company an impact score of 46.85 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock's share price in the next several days.
Who are Cardiome Pharma's major shareholders?
Cardiome Pharma's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Westfield Capital Management Co. LP (12.02%), WESTFIELD CAPITAL MANAGEMENT COMPANY LP (11.90%) and CLOUGH CAPITAL PARTNERS L P (5.90%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Cardiome Pharma.
Which institutional investors are selling Cardiome Pharma stock?
How do I buy shares of Cardiome Pharma?
Shares of CRME can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Cardiome Pharma's stock price today?
One share of CRME stock can currently be purchased for approximately $2.33.
How big of a company is Cardiome Pharma?
Cardiome Pharma has a market capitalization of $81.25 million and generates $24 million in revenue each year. The biopharmaceutical company earns $-29,810,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($0.90) on an earnings per share basis. Cardiome Pharma employs 120 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Cardiome Pharma?
Cardiome Pharma's mailing address is 1441 Creekside Drive 6th Floor, Vancouver A1, V6J 4S7. The biopharmaceutical company can be reached via phone at 604-677-6905 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Cardiome Pharma (CRME)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Cardiome Pharma and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe CRME will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe CRME will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.