About Cisco Systems
Cisco Systems, Inc. designs and sells a range of products, provides services and delivers integrated solutions to develop and connect networks around the world. The Company operates through three geographic segments: Americas; Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), and Asia Pacific, Japan and China (APJC). The Company groups its products and technologies into various categories, such as Switching; Next-Generation Network (NGN) Routing; Collaboration; Data Center; Wireless; Service Provider Video; Security, and Other Products. In addition to its product offerings, the Company provides a range of service offerings, including technical support services and advanced services. The Company delivers its technology and services to its customers as solutions for their priorities, including cloud, video, mobility, security, collaboration and analytics. The Company serves customers, including businesses of all sizes, public institutions, governments and service providers.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Networking & Communication Devices
- Sub-Industry: Communications Equipment
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: CSCO
- CUSIP: 17275R10
- Previous Close: $34.32
- 50 Day Moving Average: $31.38
- 200 Day Moving Average: $30.90
- 52-Week Range: $25.81 - $34.32
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 17.69
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 13.73
- P/E Growth: 1.41
- Market Cap: $171.87B
- Outstanding Shares: 5,015,000,000
- Beta: 1.36
- Net Margins: 21.73%
- Return on Equity: 17.50%
- Return on Assets: 9.14%
Companies Related to Cisco Systems:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.48%
- Current Ratio: 3.58%
- Quick Ratio: 3.53%
What is Cisco Systems' stock symbol?
Cisco Systems trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CSCO."
How often does Cisco Systems pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Cisco Systems?
Cisco Systems declared a quarterly dividend on Wednesday, February 15th. Shareholders of record on Thursday, April 6th will be paid a dividend of $0.29 per share on Wednesday, April 26th. This represents a $1.16 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 3.38%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Tuesday, April 4th. This is a boost from Cisco Systems's previous quarterly dividend of $0.26.
Where is Cisco Systems' stock going? Where will Cisco Systems' stock price be in 2017?
33 equities research analysts have issued twelve-month target prices for Cisco Systems' stock. Their predictions range from $25.00 to $40.00. On average, they anticipate Cisco Systems' stock price to reach $33.98 in the next twelve months.
When will Cisco Systems announce their earnings?
Cisco Systems is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, May, 16th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Cisco Systems stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cisco Systems stock:
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Cisco Systems is the leading provider of IP-based networking and other products. Intensifying competition from several smaller players, slowing order growth from service providers and challenges in the emerging markets are the primary headwinds. These primarily affected its top-line, which declined year-over-year in the recently concluded second-quarter of fiscal 2017. Nonetheless, we believe Cisco’s expanding footprint in the rapidly growing security and data center market are promising. Moreover, partnerships with the likes of Pure Storage, salesforce.com and IBM will help Cisco to gain signficant traction in the data center, cloud and Internet of Things (IoT) market in the long haul. Further, continued share buyback and dividend hikes are positives. We note that the stock has underperformed the broader market over the last six-months." (2/20/2017)
- Robert W. Baird analysts commented, "Cisco posted a good FQ2 and guided FQ3 in line with consensus. Service Provider is improving and Security was strong. Deferred revenue was also up meaningfully as Cisco transitions its business to a more subscription-oriented model. We continue to see value in CSCO shares despite recent strength. Solid FQ2'17 results. Revenue/non-GAAP EPS of $11.6 billion/$0.57 compared to consensus of $11.6 billion/$0.56. Product gross margin of 62.4% was down 90 bps YoY due to pricing and product mix, though partially offset by productivity improvements." (2/16/2017)
- Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "We come away from the Cisco print thinking the company is running hard to hold its ground. The shift to subscription is estimated to have trimmed revenues by 1-2%. OK, but revenues declined by 3% on an asreported basis and 2% adjusting for the divestiture against an easy comparison. If it was for offshore cash repatriation and tax relief, we think the shares would be lower. Switching declined 5% and Routing down 10%. These core product areas still account for over half of Product Sales and likely half of Service Revenues. Further, despite exiting the near-breakeven Service Provider Video business, Product GMs continue to slide. Cisco has cash and a potential for a windfall, but we don't see growth." (2/16/2017)
- Drexel Hamilton analysts commented, "We believe Cisco will meet our 2Q:FY17 revenue estimate of $11.46 billion (Street is at $11.55 billion) and our EPS projection of $0.57 (Street is at $0.56). Our revenue estimate reflects a 7% QoQ decrease in sales and weaker than the five-year average decline of 2.5%. Cisco's 2Q:FY17 outlook calls for sales to fall by 2% to 4% YoY (i.e., $11.27 billion to $11.51 billion, excluding $93 million in CPE sales in 2Q:FY16) with pro forma EPS of $0.55-0.57. This earnings season, trends across the supply chain as it relates to networking/telecom programs benefitted from modest seasonality but the results were nothing spectacular. As it relates to our networking coverage, the results were more volatile with the stocks of both F5 and Juniper Networks punished meaningfully after their respective earnings reports." (2/14/2017)
Who owns Cisco Systems stock?
Cisco Systems' stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include State Street Corp (4.35%), FMR LLC (2.08%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.94%), Franklin Resources Inc. (0.89%), Loomis Sayles & Co. L P (0.78%) and AQR Capital Management LLC (0.28%). Company insiders that own Cisco Systems stock include Carol Bartz, Charles Robbins, Chris Dedicoat, Gary B Moore, John L Hennessy, John T Chambers, Karen Walker, Katherine Blair Christie, Kristina M Johnson, M Michele Burns, Mark D Chandler, Michael D Capellas, Pankaj Patel, Prat Bhatt, Rebecca Jacoby, Roderick C Mcgeary, Steven M West and Wim Elfrink.
Who sold Cisco Systems stock? Who is selling Cisco Systems stock?
Cisco Systems' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Franklin Resources Inc., Artisan Partners Limited Partnership, Investec Asset Management LTD, Arrowstreet Capital Limited Partnership, NWQ Investment Management Company LLC, Renaissance Technologies LLC, FIL Ltd and Tweedy Browne Co. LLC. Company insiders that have sold Cisco Systems stock in the last year include Carol Bartz, Charles Robbins, Chris Dedicoat, John L Hennessy, John T Chambers, Karen Walker, Kristina M Johnson, M Michele Burns, Mark D Chandler, Pankaj Patel, Prat Bhatt, Rebecca Jacoby, Roderick C Mcgeary and Steven M West.
Who bought Cisco Systems stock? Who is buying Cisco Systems stock?
Cisco Systems' stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Russell Investments Group Ltd., State Street Corp, DZ BANK AG Deutsche Zentral Genossenschafts Bank Frankfurt am Main, Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Equity Investment Corp Acquisition Inc and Alyeska Investment Group L.P..
How do I buy Cisco Systems stock?
Shares of Cisco Systems can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Cisco Systems stock cost?
One share of Cisco Systems stock can currently be purchased for approximately $34.32.