DISH Network Corporation is a holding company. The Company operates through two segments: Pay-TV and Broadband, and Wireless. It offers pay-TV services under the DISH brand and the Sling brand (collectively Pay-TV services). The DISH branded pay-TV service consists of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) licenses authorizing it to use direct broadcast satellite and Fixed Satellite Service spectrum, its owned and leased satellites, receiver systems, third-party broadcast operations, customer service facilities, a leased fiber optic network, in-home service and call center operations, and certain other assets utilized in its operations. The Sling branded pay-TV services consist of live, linear streaming over-the-top Internet-based domestic, international and Latino video programing services. The Company markets broadband services under the dishNET brand. The Company makes investments in the research and development, wireless testing and wireless network infrastructure.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: CATV Systems
- Sub-Industry: Cable & Satellite
- Symbol: NASDAQ:DISH
- CUSIP: 25470M10
- Web: www.dish.com
- Market Cap: $29.51 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 465,908,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $62.07
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $60.67
- 52 Week Range: $46.67 - $65.61
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 21.39
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 25.74
- P/E Growth: -5.32
- Annual Revenue: $14.95 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.97
- Book Value: $11.08 per share
- Price / Book: 5.72
- EBIDTA: $3.17 billion
- Net Margins: 6.48%
- Return on Equity: 40.84%
- Return on Assets: 5.76%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 3.62%
- Current Ratio: 1.72%
- Quick Ratio: 1.62%
- Average Volume: 3.88 million shs.
- Beta: 1.09
- Short Ratio: 3.36
Frequently Asked Questions for DISH Network Corp (NASDAQ:DISH)
What is DISH Network Corp's stock symbol?
DISH Network Corp trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "DISH."
How were DISH Network Corp's earnings last quarter?
DISH Network Corp (NASDAQ:DISH) issued its earnings results on Monday, May, 1st. The company reported $0.76 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.67 by $0.09. The company earned $3.68 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $3.76 billion. DISH Network Corp had a return on equity of 40.84% and a net margin of 6.48%. The firm's quarterly revenue was down 3.9% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the business posted $0.84 EPS. View DISH Network Corp's Earnings History.
When will DISH Network Corp make its next earnings announcement?
Where is DISH Network Corp's stock going? Where will DISH Network Corp's stock price be in 2017?
20 brokerages have issued 12 month target prices for DISH Network Corp's shares. Their predictions range from $40.00 to $102.00. On average, they expect DISH Network Corp's stock price to reach $69.38 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for DISH Network Corp.
What are analysts saying about DISH Network Corp stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about DISH Network Corp stock:
- 1. Macquarie analysts commented, "We downgrade to Neutral on the basis of: 1) underutilized spectrum could make it harder to swallow – the scenario which offers the greatest upside; 2) near-term carrier network demands appear healthy; and 3) 5G technology utilizes other means. We cut our SoTP target to US$61, which assigns a US$1.15/MHz-PoP value to its spectrum (Fig 3)." (4/18/2017)
- 2. Wells Fargo & Co analysts commented, "With the emergence of 5G and the Internet of Things (IoT), we think the revenue opportunity can legitimately be infinite--think uber, the Connected Car, streaming video, hospitals'every single thing we know today could very well 'connect' to the Internet at some point in time. And Charlie has been beyond clear that THIS is the market he wants to go after--with his unencumbered, contiguous, plug-and-play spectrum. We actually think that Charlie's best and most likely option in this emerging 5G world is to pursue a wholesale leasing model as a standalone entity. He doesn't need a network host--he can build his own for $700MM, so why share any of the economics? And we certainly don't think a sale makes sense--when you think about the $5-7B of FCF he can generate just collecting tolls. Let S and TMUS get tied up in a regulatory review that takes at least one year, and then pursue a very complicated integration for another two-plus. Charlie might not be the first out of the gate (T and VZ are clearly ahead of the game), but he certainly won't be the 4th or 5th. We also think the similarities between Charlie and Masayoshi Son (Softbank) are quite interesting and wonder what type of business opportunities might develop there. BOTTOM LINE: We think DISH's position in the wireless ecosystem has never been better. Hence, we reiterate our Outperform rating and $83-94 valuation range, which could be conservative." (3/20/2017)
- 3. According to Zacks Investment Research, "DISH Network posted mixed financial results in the fourth-quarter 2016 where the bottom line beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate, while the top line lagged the same.The stock outshined the Zacks classified ‘Cable TV' industry over the past three months. DISH Network’s efforts to diversify its business model from being a pure-play satellite-TV operator to an Internet TV operator looks impressive. In fact, the company gained 28,000 pay-TV subscribers in the reported quarter, owing to the popularity of its Internet TV service. Also, the flexible cash and liquidity position of the company further opens up scope for investments. Meanwhile, launch of Air TV Player bode well.However, regulatory fines, programming and content expenses, retransmission fees and persistent loss of subscribers remains a concern. In the fourth quarter of 2016, the company lost 43,000 broadband subscribers compared with a gain of 46,000 in 2015." (2/24/2017)
- 4. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "We hence remain on the sidelines and maintain our Neutral rating. Even with a successful launch of the on-demand product, also TBD is whether Pandora can convert a significant portion of its free users to paying or attract a new user base. Pandora will need to convert about ~10% its users achieve its $1.3b sub revenue goal by 2021. We decrease our 2016 revenue on lower Pandora One sub growth projections as well as moderation of Ticketfly gross margin. Our price target is now $16 vs. prior $17. Changes to Estimates: Our FY16 revenue and Adj. EBITDA estimate are $1.40b and ($65.5)m vs. $1.42b and ($71.0)m prior." (7/22/2016)
Are investors shorting DISH Network Corp?
DISH Network Corp saw a drop in short interest in the month of April. As of April 13th, there was short interest totalling 16,692,684 shares, a drop of 1.9% from the March 31st total of 17,023,800 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 2,611,365 shares, the short-interest ratio is currently 6.4 days.
Who are some of DISH Network Corp's key competitors?
Who owns DISH Network Corp stock?
DISH Network Corp's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Vanguard Group Inc. (3.06%), State Street Corp (1.95%), FMR LLC (0.79%), Paulson & CO. Inc. (0.74%), Gamco Investors INC. ET AL (0.61%) and Ameriprise Financial Inc. (0.57%). Company insiders that own DISH Network Corp stock include Carl E Vogel, David K Moskowitz, Kyle J Kiser, Paul W Orban, R Stanton Dodge, Steven E Swain, Thomas A Cullen, Tom A Ortolf and Warren Schlichting. View Institutional Ownership Trends for DISH Network Corp.
Who sold DISH Network Corp stock? Who is selling DISH Network Corp stock?
DISH Network Corp's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Ameriprise Financial Inc., FMR LLC, York Capital Management Global Advisors LLC, Jericho Capital Asset Management L.P., Point72 Asset Management L.P., Pioneer Investment Management Inc., Gamco Investors INC. ET AL and Marshall Wace LLP. Company insiders that have sold DISH Network Corp stock in the last year include Carl E Vogel, Kyle J Kiser, Paul W Orban, R Stanton Dodge, Thomas A Cullen, Tom A Ortolf and Warren Schlichting. View Insider Buying and Selling for DISH Network Corp.
Who bought DISH Network Corp stock? Who is buying DISH Network Corp stock?
DISH Network Corp's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including State Street Corp, Vanguard Group Inc., Paulson & CO. Inc., Alliancebernstein L.P., Prudential Financial Inc., Bank of New York Mellon Corp, Geode Capital Management LLC and Gluskin Sheff & Assoc Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for DISH Network Corp.
How do I buy DISH Network Corp stock?
Shares of DISH Network Corp can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of DISH Network Corp stock cost?
One share of DISH Network Corp stock can currently be purchased for approximately $63.33.
Earnings History for DISH Network Corp (NASDAQ:DISH)Earnings History by Quarter for DISH Network Corp (NASDAQ:DISH)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/19/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|5/1/2017||Q1 2017||$0.67||$0.76||$3.76 billion||$3.68 billion||View||Listen|
|2/22/2017||Q416||$0.66||$0.70||$3.76 billion||$3.72 billion||View||Listen|
|11/9/2016||Q316||$0.68||$0.64||$3.74 billion||$3.75 billion||View||Listen|
|7/21/2016||Q216||$0.74||$0.88||$3.86 billion||$3.84 billion||View||Listen|
|4/20/2016||Q116||$0.62||$0.84||$3.80 billion||$3.79 billion||View||Listen|
|2/18/2016||Q415||$0.12||($0.27)||$3.74 billion||$3.78 billion||View||Listen|
|11/9/2015||Q315||$0.40||$0.42||$3.79 billion||$3.73 billion||View||N/A|
|8/5/2015||Q215||$0.46||$0.70||$3.79 billion||$3.83 billion||View||N/A|
|5/11/2015||Q115||$0.41||$0.76||$3.74 billion||$3.70 billion||View||Listen|
|2/23/2015||Q414||$0.43||$0.88||$3.70 billion||$3.64 billion||View||Listen|
|11/4/2014||Q314||$0.39||$0.31||$3.69 billion||$3.68 billion||View||Listen|
|8/6/2014||Q214||$0.52||$0.46||$3.69 billion||$3.69 billion||View||N/A|
|5/8/2014||Q114||$0.43||$0.38||$3.58 billion||$3.59 billion||View||N/A|
|2/21/2014||Q413||$0.41||$0.64||$3.59 billion||$3.54 billion||View||N/A|
|11/12/2013||Q313||$0.43||$0.68||$3.58 billion||$3.60 billion||View||Listen|
|8/6/2013||Q2 2013||$0.54||($0.02)||$3.65 billion||$3.61 billion||View||N/A|
|5/9/2013||Q1 2013||$0.53||$0.47||$3.61 billion||$356.00 billion||View||N/A|
|2/20/2013||Q4 2012||$0.51||$0.46||$3.56 billion||$3.59 billion||View||N/A|
|11/6/2012||Q312||$0.56||($0.35)||$3.56 billion||$3.52 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for DISH Network Corp (NASDAQ:DISH)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.50
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.05
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for DISH Network Corp (NASDAQ:DISH)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for DISH Network Corp (NASDAQ:DISH)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 49.40%Insider Trades by Quarter for DISH Network Corp (NASDAQ:DISH)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 47.98%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|5/3/2017||Tom A Ortolf||Director||Sell||5,000||$60.55||$302,750.00|| |
|3/30/2017||Kyle J. Kiser||Treasurer||Sell||32,500||$61.90||$2,011,750.00|| |
|3/30/2017||Warren Schlichting||EVP||Sell||8,878||$61.90||$549,548.20|| |
|1/13/2017||Thomas A. Cullen||EVP||Sell||60,000||$62.49||$3,749,400.00|| |
|1/3/2017||Paul W. Orban||SVP||Sell||92||$58.50||$5,382.00|| |
|12/15/2016||Thomas A. Cullen||EVP||Sell||120,000||$58.85||$7,062,000.00|| |
|10/3/2016||Paul W. Orban||CAO||Sell||89||$54.71||$4,869.19|| |
|9/26/2016||Carl E. Vogel||Insider||Sell||30,000||$53.54||$1,606,200.00|| |
|7/1/2016||Paul W. Orban||CAO||Sell||94||$52.22||$4,908.68|| |
|5/31/2016||R Stanton Dodge||EVP||Sell||20,000||$48.79||$975,800.00|| |
|1/4/2016||Paul W Orban||CAO||Sell||116||$56.11||$6,508.76|| |
|12/29/2015||David K. Moskowitz||insider||Sell||300,000||$57.89||$17,367,000.00|| |
|12/21/2015||David K Moskowitz||Insider||Sell||2,000||$57.12||$114,240.00|| |
|9/30/2015||Steven E. Swain||CFO||Sell||2,000||$56.89||$113,780.00|| |
|9/15/2015||R Stanton Dodge||EVP||Sell||3,647||$57.86||$211,015.42|| |
|8/31/2015||Kyle J. Kiser||Treasurer||Sell||2,500||$59.35||$148,375.00|| |
|8/28/2015||Kyle J. Kiser||Treasurer||Sell||5,000||$59.03||$295,150.00|| |
|7/6/2015||Steven E Swain||CFO||Sell||99||$68.09||$6,740.91|| |
|6/26/2015||David K Moskowitz||Insider||Sell||160,000||$70.02||$11,203,200.00|| |
|4/6/2015||Steven E Swain||CFO||Sell||80||$70.25||$5,620.00|| |
|2/26/2015||Steven R Goodbarn||Director||Sell||3,000||$76.82||$230,460.00|| |
|2/23/2015||Kyle J Kiser||Treasurer||Sell||10,000||$80.00||$800,000.00|| |
|2/2/2015||Joseph P Clayton||CEO||Sell||50,000||$70.01||$3,500,500.00|| |
|1/2/2015||Joseph P Clayton||CEO||Sell||50,000||$72.30||$3,615,000.00|| |
|12/1/2014||Joseph P Clayton||CEO||Sell||50,000||$78.32||$3,916,000.00|| |
|11/28/2014||James Defranco||EVP||Sell||100,000||$77.91||$7,791,000.00|| |
|11/25/2014||James Defranco||EVP||Sell||100,000||$76.19||$7,619,000.00|| |
|11/24/2014||James Defranco||EVP||Sell||50,000||$75.40||$3,770,000.00|| |
|11/19/2014||Bernard L Han||COO||Sell||90,000||$72.50||$6,525,000.00|| |
|11/19/2014||Carl E Vogel||Insider||Sell||70,000||$75.00||$5,250,000.00|| |
|11/19/2014||James Defranco||EVP||Sell||50,000||$74.40||$3,720,000.00|| |
|11/19/2014||Tom A Ortolf||Director||Sell||10,000||$70.00||$700,000.00|| |
|11/12/2014||Charles M Lillis||Director||Buy||10,985||$63.73||$700,074.05|| |
|11/3/2014||Joseph P Clayton||CEO||Sell||50,000||$64.05||$3,202,500.00|| |
|10/1/2014||Joseph P Clayton||CEO||Sell||50,000||$63.14||$3,157,000.00|| |
|8/29/2014||Robert E Olson||CFO||Sell||12,000||$64.66||$775,920.00|| |
|6/27/2014||Michael Kelly||Insider||Sell||50,000||$65.00||$3,250,000.00|| |
|6/26/2014||David K Moskowitz||Insider||Sell||200,000||$63.22||$12,644,000.00|| |
|6/23/2014||Kyle J Kiser||Treasurer||Sell||5,060||$62.50||$316,250.00|| |
|6/23/2014||Michael Kelly||Insider||Sell||95,753||$61.45||$5,884,021.85|| |
|6/20/2014||Paul W Orban||SVP||Sell||6,000||$60.65||$363,900.00|| |
|6/19/2014||Kyle J Kiser||Treasurer||Sell||10,000||$60.00||$600,000.00|| |
|6/19/2014||Michael Kelly||Insider||Sell||4,247||$60.00||$254,820.00|| |
|6/2/2014||Joseph P Clayton||CEO||Sell||50,000||$59.00||$2,950,000.00|| |
|5/27/2014||Michael Kelly||Insider||Sell||100,000||$60.32||$6,032,000.00|| |
|5/20/2014||Thomas Cullen||EVP||Sell||115,000||$57.84||$6,651,600.00|| |
|5/16/2014||Charles Lillis||Director||Buy||3,375||$59.20||$199,800.00|| |
|5/15/2014||Michael Kelly||Insider||Sell||117,804||$60.16||$7,087,088.64|| |
|5/15/2014||Michael Mcclaskey||EVP||Sell||10,080||$59.83||$603,086.40|| |
|5/8/2014||David Shull||EVP||Sell||12,000||$60.03||$720,360.00|| |
|4/15/2014||David Shull||EVP||Sell||10,000||$57.81||$578,100.00|| |
|12/6/2013||R Stanton Dodge||EVP||Sell||175,000||$55.00||$9,625,000.00|| |
|10/14/2013||Roger Lynch||EVP||Sell||4,000||$47.59||$190,360.00|| |
|9/16/2013||Roger Lynch||EVP||Sell||4,000||$48.10||$192,400.00|| |
|8/26/2013||Carl Vogel||Insider||Sell||145,985||$45.18||$6,595,602.30|| |
|8/14/2013||Roger Lynch||EVP||Sell||4,000||$44.80||$179,200.00|| |
|8/13/2013||Steven Goodbarn||Director||Sell||10,000||$45.20||$452,000.00|| |
|8/9/2013||R Stanton Dodge||EVP||Sell||175,000||$45.54||$7,969,500.00|| |
|8/8/2013||David Shull||EVP||Sell||10,000||$44.84||$448,400.00|| |
|8/8/2013||Joseph Clayton||CEO||Sell||4,500||$44.94||$202,230.00|| |
|8/8/2013||Robert Olson||CFO||Sell||60,000||$44.72||$2,683,200.00|| |
|7/17/2013||Michael Kelly||Insider||Sell||43,252||$45.24||$1,956,720.48|| |
|7/15/2013||Roger Lynch||EVP||Sell||4,000||$43.30||$173,200.00|| |
|7/1/2013||Paul W Orban||SVP||Sell||5,210||$42.57||$221,789.70|| |
|7/1/2013||R Stanton Dodge||EVP||Sell||20,000||$43.04||$860,800.00|| |
|6/28/2013||Bernard L Han||COO||Sell||195,000||$42.23||$8,234,850.00|| |
|6/27/2013||Thomas A Cullen||EVP||Sell||30,000||$41.23||$1,236,900.00|| |
|6/14/2013||Roger Lynch||EVP||Sell||4,000||$38.36||$153,440.00|| |
|5/22/2013||Joseph P Clayton||CEO||Sell||4,500||$39.72||$178,740.00|| |
|5/16/2013||Robert E Olson||CFO||Sell||60,000||$38.81||$2,328,600.00|| |
|5/14/2013||Roger Lynch||EVP||Sell||4,000||$38.53||$154,120.00|| |
|5/10/2013||Joseph P Clayton||CEO||Sell||47,250||$38.99||$1,842,277.50|| |
|5/9/2013||Paul W Orban||SVP||Sell||22,500||$38.60||$868,500.00|| |
|2/22/2013||Tom A Ortolf||Director||Sell||10,000||$35.00||$350,000.00|| |
|11/12/2012||James Defranco||EVP||Sell||100,000||$35.76||$3,576,000.00|| |
|11/12/2012||Steven R Goodbarn||Director||Sell||5,000||$35.71||$178,550.00|| |
|11/9/2012||Thomas A Cullen||EVP||Sell||70,000||$35.63||$2,494,100.00|| |
|11/8/2012||Roger Lynch||EVP||Sell||14,000||$35.48||$496,720.00|| |
|9/14/2012||Roger Lynch||EVP||Sell||4,000||$33.06||$132,240.00|| |
|9/5/2012||R Stanton Dodge||EVP||Sell||20,000||$31.83||$636,600.00|| |
Headline Trends for DISH Network Corp (NASDAQ:DISH)
Latest Headlines for DISH Network Corp (NASDAQ:DISH)
DISH Network Corp (DISH) Chart for Thursday, May, 25, 2017