About E*TRADE Financial Corporation
E*Trade Financial Corporation is a financial services company. The Company provides brokerage and related products and services primarily to individual retail investors under the brand E*TRADE Financial. The Company also provides investor-focused banking products, primarily sweep deposits, to retail investors. The Company operates in two segments: trading and investing, and balance sheet management. Its trading and investing segment offers a suite of financial products and services to individual retail investors. Its balance sheet management segment focuses on asset allocation and managing credit, liquidity and interest rate risks. Its hybrid service delivery model is delivered through various digital platforms: E*TRADE.com, E*TRADE Mobile and E*TRADE Pro. E*TRADE.com is its site that provides customers with tools, guidance, actionable ideas, research and education to take control of their finances. E*TRADE Mobile offers trading applications for various smartphones and tablets.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Finance
- Industry: Investment Brokerage - National
- Sub-Industry: Investment Banking & Brokerage
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: ETFC
- CUSIP: 26924640
- Previous Close: $37.17
- 50 Day Moving Average: $36.38
- 200 Day Moving Average: $31.32
- 52-Week Range: $21.52 - $38.61
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 18.77
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 15.87
- P/E Growth: 1.03
- Market Cap: $10.21B
- Outstanding Shares: 274,584,000
- Beta: 1.76
- Net Margins: 28.44%
- Return on Equity: 8.82%
- Return on Assets: 1.05%
Companies Related to E*TRADE Financial Corporation:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.24%
- Current Ratio: 0.36%
- Quick Ratio: 0.37%
What is E*TRADE Financial Corporation's stock symbol?
E*TRADE Financial Corporation trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ETFC."
Where is E*TRADE Financial Corporation's stock going? Where will E*TRADE Financial Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
15 brokerages have issued 1-year target prices for E*TRADE Financial Corporation's stock. Their forecasts range from $26.00 to $46.00. On average, they expect E*TRADE Financial Corporation's stock price to reach $34.70 in the next year.
When will E*TRADE Financial Corporation announce their earnings?
E*TRADE Financial Corporation is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Wednesday, April, 19th 2017.
What are analysts saying about E*TRADE Financial Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about E*TRADE Financial Corporation stock:
- Instinet analysts commented, "We are updating our ETFC forecasts post earnings, reflecting 4Q beat on expenses / provision, as well as updated guidance on bank growth targets, NIM potential, SIFI costs, and OptionsHouse integration progress. 4Q print, guidance provides meaningful fodder for bulls; raising ests., TP to $46 (from $42). Solid 4Q results were supplemented by favorable management guidance on bank growth / margin targets. FY17E EPS from $1.94 to $2.02; FY18E EPS from $2.24 to $2.41." (1/27/2017)
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "ETFC reported 4Q16 EPS of $0.46 compared to our estimate of $0.42 and consensus of $0.43. Revenues were modestly below forecast; however, it was more than made up by offsets in lower than estimated expenses. Notably, ETFC has crossed the $50B B/S threshold and is on pace for $56B by mid-year 2017 with a Y/E goal of $62B. Op. margin guidance of 38% for FY2017 should steadily improve throughout the year." (1/27/2017)
- SunTrust Banks, Inc. analysts commented, "We reiterate our Buy rating on ETFC shares following a solid fourth quarter result. The company is on track with its OptionsHouse integration plans as well as balance sheet growth. Our 2017 EPS estimate remains unchanged, but we have increased our 2018 estimate to $2.33 from $2.27, due to an increased asset growth forecast. We believe there is considerable upside in 2018 estimates, should medium and long-duration rates continue to increase. We have increased our price target to $42 (from $40), which equals 23x 2017E EPS, but only 18x 2018E EPS, compared to a 10-year median of 21x." (1/27/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "E*TRADE’s shares have underperformed the Zacks categorized Investment Brokers industry year-to-date. Though intense competition, restrictions on the use of credit facility and increased regulatory restrictions remain near-term headwinds, the company’s several restructuring measures and balance-sheet growth plan remain encouraging. Notably, the benefit from the acquisition of OptionsHouse that closed in early Sep 2016 was reflected in the third quarter, resulting in brokerage assets growth. Further, management anticipates resuming capital deployment activities with resumption of share buybacks in second-quarter 2017. Moreover, we remain optimistic given the company’s renewed focus on strengthening its brokerage business with the target of achieving 2-3% incremental growth. Notably, the company's DARTs have spiked in the first two months of fourth-quarter 2016." (12/16/2016)
Credit Suisse Group analysts commented, "The E*Trade story is at another critical inflexion point — the lack of core business growth resulted in the ouster of the CEO last week; the new management team has effectively been set an implicit target of 2–3 percent incremental business growth or 'we'll consider that this company is better in other people's hand in terms of shareholder value,'" analyst Christian Bolu wrote in a note.Commenting on the possibility of a takeout by TD Ameritrade Holding Corp. (NASDAQ: AMTD)/Charles Schwab Corp (NYSE: SCHW), the analyst said the acquisition would offer "little to no premium to current prices" (9/21/2016)
Who owns E*TRADE Financial Corporation stock?
E*TRADE Financial Corporation's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include State Street Corp (4.56%), FMR LLC (3.19%), Southpoint Capital Advisors LP (0.91%), Discovery Capital Management LLC CT (0.89%), Systematic Financial Management LP (0.79%) and Glenhill Advisors LLC (0.70%). Company insiders that own E*TRADE Financial Corporation stock include Brent Simonich, James P Healy, Karl A Roessner, Michael A Pizzi and Paul Idzik.
Who sold E*TRADE Financial Corporation stock? Who is selling E*TRADE Financial Corporation stock?
E*TRADE Financial Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Janus Capital Management LLC, Southpoint Capital Advisors LP, Systematic Financial Management LP, Glenhill Advisors LLC, FMR LLC, Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC, Highland Capital Management LP and Aberdeen Asset Management PLC UK. Company insiders that have sold E*TRADE Financial Corporation stock in the last year include Brent Simonich and Karl A Roessner.
Who bought E*TRADE Financial Corporation stock? Who is buying E*TRADE Financial Corporation stock?
E*TRADE Financial Corporation's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including State Street Corp, Renaissance Technologies LLC, Calamos Advisors LLC, Discovery Capital Management LLC CT, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Flinton Capital Management LLC, Kingdon Capital Management L.L.C. and Russell Investments Group Ltd..
How do I buy E*TRADE Financial Corporation stock?
Shares of E*TRADE Financial Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of E*TRADE Financial Corporation stock cost?
One share of E*TRADE Financial Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $37.29.