Fidus Investment Corporation is a closed-end, non-diversified investment company. The Company provides customized debt and equity financing solutions to lower middle-market companies. The Company's investment objective is to provide attractive risk-adjusted returns by generating both current income from its debt investments and capital appreciation from its equity-related investments. The Company typically invests in mezzanine debt, which includes senior subordinated notes and junior secured loans. The Company structures some of its debt investments as senior secured or unitranche loans. The Company's equity securities typically consist of either a direct minority equity investment in common or preferred stock or membership/partnership interests of a portfolio company, or it may receive warrants to buy a minority equity interest in a portfolio company in connection with a debt investment. Its investment activities are managed by Fidus Investment Advisors, LLC, its investment advisor.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Finance
- Industry: Asset Management
- Sub-Industry: Asset Management & Custody Banks
- Symbol: NASDAQ:FDUS
- CUSIP: 31650010
- Web: www.fdus.com
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $17.43
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $16.72
- 52 Week Range: $14.33 - $18.21
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 10.59
- P/E Growth: 3.70
- Annual Dividend: $1.56
- Dividend Yield: 9.2%
- Net Margins: 63.35%
- Return on Equity: 9.49%
- Return on Assets: 5.20%
- Current Ratio: 0.22%
- Quick Ratio: 0.22%
- Average Volume: 104,430 shs.
- Beta: 1.06
Frequently Asked Questions for Fidus Investment Corp (NASDAQ:FDUS)
What is Fidus Investment Corp's stock symbol?
Fidus Investment Corp trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "FDUS."
How often does Fidus Investment Corp pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Fidus Investment Corp?
Fidus Investment Corp announced a quarterly dividend on Friday, May 5th. Shareholders of record on Friday, June 9th will be given a dividend of $0.39 per share on Friday, June 23rd. This represents a $1.56 annualized dividend and a yield of 9.10%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, June 7th. View Fidus Investment Corp's Dividend History.
How were Fidus Investment Corp's earnings last quarter?
Fidus Investment Corp (NASDAQ:FDUS) issued its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, March, 2nd. The company reported $0.39 EPS for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.37 by $0.02. The company earned $17.28 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $15.22 million. Fidus Investment Corp had a net margin of 63.35% and a return on equity of 9.49%. View Fidus Investment Corp's Earnings History.
Where is Fidus Investment Corp's stock going? Where will Fidus Investment Corp's stock price be in 2017?
3 brokers have issued 12 month price targets for Fidus Investment Corp's stock. Their forecasts range from $17.00 to $18.00. On average, they anticipate Fidus Investment Corp's stock price to reach $17.33 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Fidus Investment Corp.
What are analysts saying about Fidus Investment Corp stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Fidus Investment Corp stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Fidus Investment Corporation is a business development company which provides customized mezzanine debt and equity financing solutions to lower middle-market companies. The Company partners with business owners, management teams and financial sponsors by providing customized financing for change of ownership transactions, recapitalizations, strategic acquisitions, business expansion and other growth initiatives. Fidus Investment Corporation is based in Evanston, Illinois. " (5/9/2017)
- 2. Robert W. Baird analysts commented, "Up from ~77 percent at the February lows, the sector as a whole currently trades at an average of ~93 percent of NAV/share, which is roughly in line with the five-year average multiple for the sector. YTD, the BDC sector has produced a total return of 10.7 percent vs. 3.5 percent for the SNL SmallCap U.S. Bank index," analyst Bryce Rowe wrote in a note.Rowe still believes high quality BDCs are set to outperform the community banking over the next several years, citing modest valuations and business models "that appear better suited to withstand the reality of the current interest rate environment."Meanwhile, Rowe moved to the sidelines on Stellus, as the stock is within a dime his $11 price target.Related Link: The U.S. Economy Is Stronger Than Investors Anticipated, Which Could Be Very Bad News"For investors with an appropriate risk tolerance we feel comfortable maintaining positions at current levels as we believe the company's 12.5 percent dividend yield and discounted valuation (83 percent of NAV) present a fairly balanced risk/reward," Rowe highlighted.Further, the analyst has downgraded New Mountain Finance as the stock has moved over his $13 price target.However, Rowe would look for opportunities to add to positions on weakness given a likely reversal of some previous portfolio depreciation possible for the second quarter. The analyst said this unrealized portfolio depreciation over the last two quarters has cut the company's NAV/share to <95 percent of its post-IPO NAV/share.Other Names In The SpaceRowe's top picks in the sector include Fidus Investment Corp (NASDAQ: FDUS), Main Street Capital Corporation (NYSE: MAIN), Monroe Capital Corp (NASDAQ: MRCC) and Triangle Capital Corporation (NYSE: TCAP)."We continue to believe these four names are among the best long-term positions in any BDC portfolio given investing and operating models that have preserved capital while generating superior profitability levels," (7/14/2016)
Who are some of Fidus Investment Corp's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Fidus Investment Corp include BlackRock (BLK), Bank of New York Mellon Corp (BK), State Street Corp (STT), Franklin Resources (BEN), Blackstone Group LP (BX), Northern Trust (NTRS), Ameriprise Financial (AMP), T. Rowe Price Group (TROW), Invesco (IVZ), Affiliated Managers Group (AMG), KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR), SEI Investments Company (SEIC), Voya Financial (VOYA), Lazard Ltd (LAZ), Eaton Vance Corp (EV), Ares Management LP (ARES), Legg Mason (LM) and Oaktree Capital Group LLC (OAK).
Who owns Fidus Investment Corp stock?
Fidus Investment Corp's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Muzinich & Co. Inc. (3.51%), UBS Group AG (2.49%), Raymond James Financial Services Advisors Inc. (1.90%), Yorktown Management & Research Co Inc (0.00%), Advisors Asset Management Inc. (0.00%) and Ares Management LLC (1.63%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Fidus Investment Corp.
Who sold Fidus Investment Corp stock? Who is selling Fidus Investment Corp stock?
Who bought Fidus Investment Corp stock? Who is buying Fidus Investment Corp stock?
Fidus Investment Corp's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Muzinich & Co. Inc., Van ECK Associates Corp, Sumitomo Mitsui Asset Management Company LTD, UBS Group AG, Raymond James Financial Services Advisors Inc., Mckinley Capital Management LLC Delaware, Ativo Capital Management LLC and BB&T Securities LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Fidus Investment Corp.
How do I buy Fidus Investment Corp stock?
Shares of Fidus Investment Corp can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Fidus Investment Corp stock cost?
One share of Fidus Investment Corp stock can currently be purchased for approximately $17.15.
Earnings History for Fidus Investment Corp (NASDAQ:FDUS)Earnings History by Quarter for Fidus Investment Corp (NASDAQ:FDUS)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|3/2/2017||Q4 2016||$0.37||$0.39||$15.22 million||$17.28 million||View||Listen|
|11/3/2016||Q3||$0.37||$0.35||$14.19 million||$14.43 million||View||N/A|
|11/5/2015||Q315||$0.40||$0.43||$13.47 million||$13.56 million||View||N/A|
|8/6/2015||Q215||$0.39||$0.37||$13.07 million||$12.12 million||View||N/A|
|3/5/2015||Q414||$0.38||$0.42||$12.30 million||$13.70 million||View||N/A|
|11/6/2014||Q3 2014||$0.39||$0.41||$11.34 million||$11.32 million||View||N/A|
|8/7/2014||Q214||$0.40||$0.40||$11.10 million||$10.58 million||View||N/A|
|5/8/2014||Q114||$0.43||$0.40||$11.40 million||$10.56 million||View||N/A|
|5/2/2013||Q1 2013||$0.40||$0.38||$10.04 million||$9.80 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Fidus Investment Corp (NASDAQ:FDUS)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.58
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Fidus Investment Corp (NASDAQ:FDUS)
|Payout Ratio:||73.24% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
101.30% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
96.30% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Fidus Investment Corp (NASDAQ:FDUS)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Fidus Investment Corp (NASDAQ:FDUS)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.80%Insider Trades by Quarter for Fidus Investment Corp (NASDAQ:FDUS)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 21.20%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/21/2015||Shelby E Sherard||CFO||Buy||3,435||$14.50||$49,807.50|| |
|12/4/2014||Charles D Hyman||Director||Buy||1,700||$15.11||$25,687.00|| |
|12/1/2014||Thomas Charles Lauer||Director||Buy||1,500||$16.11||$24,165.00|| |
|11/24/2014||John A Mazzarino||Director||Buy||10,000||$16.57||$165,700.00|| |
|5/14/2014||Charles Hyman||Director||Buy||2,000||$16.99||$33,980.00|| |
|8/16/2013||Cary L Schaefer||CFO||Buy||2,110||$18.95||$39,984.50|| |
|11/9/2012||Thomas Charles Lauer||Director||Buy||1,202||$15.30||$18,390.60|| |
|11/8/2012||Edward H Ross||CEO||Buy||2,000||$15.39||$30,780.00|| |
|8/8/2012||Charles D Hyman||Director||Buy||1,495||$15.36||$22,963.20|| |
Headline Trends for Fidus Investment Corp (NASDAQ:FDUS)
Latest Headlines for Fidus Investment Corp (NASDAQ:FDUS)
Fidus Investment Corp (FDUS) Chart for Sunday, May, 28, 2017