Fogo de Chao, Inc. is a United States-based holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, operates upscale Brazilian churrascaria steakhouses under the brand of Fogo de Chao. The Company owns 100% of Brasa (Purchaser) Inc. (Brasa Purchaser), which owns 100% of Brasa (Holdings) Inc. (Brasa Holdings). The Company operates through two segments: United States and Brazil. It specializes in fire-roasting meats utilizing the centuries-old Southern Brazilian cooking technique of churrasco. The Company offers its guests a tasting menu of meats featuring up to 20 cuts, simply seasoned and fire-roasted to expose their natural flavors. The Company operates approximately 26 restaurants in the United States, 10 in Brazil and one in Mexico. The Company operates a range of restaurant formats, including in-line and free-standing locations. Its restaurants range in size from approximately 7,000 to 16,000 square feet, with seating from 200 to 500 guests.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Quick Service Restaurants
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:FOGO
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.fogodechao.com
- Market Cap: $349.83 million
- Outstanding Shares: 28,212,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $12.42
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $12.42
- 52 Week Range: $10.50 - $14.95
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 14.59
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 12.65
- P/E Growth: 1.36
- Annual Revenue: $304 million
- Price / Sales: 1.15
- Book Value: $10.30 per share
- Price / Book: 1.20
- EBIDTA: $52.73 million
- Net Margins: 7.40%
- Return on Equity: 8.08%
- Return on Assets: 4.58%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.47%
- Current Ratio: 1.69%
- Quick Ratio: 1.53%
- Average Volume: 64,071 shs.
- Beta: 0.38
- Short Ratio: 4.26
Frequently Asked Questions for Fogo de Chao (NASDAQ:FOGO)
What is Fogo de Chao's stock symbol?
Fogo de Chao trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "FOGO."
How were Fogo de Chao's earnings last quarter?
Fogo de Chao, Inc. (NASDAQ:FOGO) announced its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August, 8th. The company reported $0.21 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of $0.23 by $0.02. The business had revenue of $77.80 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $77.46 million. Fogo de Chao had a net margin of 7.40% and a return on equity of 8.08%. The company's revenue for the quarter was up 11.8% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the company earned $0.22 earnings per share. View Fogo de Chao's Earnings History.
When will Fogo de Chao make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Fogo de Chao issued on next quarter's earnings?
Fogo de Chao issued an update on its FY17 earnings guidance on Tuesday, August, 8th. The company provided earnings per share (EPS) guidance of $0.92-0.95 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $0.93.
Where is Fogo de Chao's stock going? Where will Fogo de Chao's stock price be in 2017?
6 equities research analysts have issued 12-month price targets for Fogo de Chao's stock. Their forecasts range from $15.00 to $20.00. On average, they expect Fogo de Chao's share price to reach $16.42 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Fogo de Chao.
What are analysts saying about Fogo de Chao stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Fogo de Chao stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Fogo De Chao, Inc. owns and operates Brazilian steakhouses. It offers beef, lamb, chicken, pork and seafood items as well as liquor, beer and wine. The company operates primarily in the United States, Puerto Rico and Brazil. Fogo De Chao, Inc. is headquartered in Dallas, Texas. " (9/11/2017)
- 2. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We are forecasting that SSS for U.S. stores remain in positive territory for the remainder of ’17 given the company’s current slate of sales initiatives (Saturday day-part expansion + new menu items) and bar remodel program. While margins were pressured in Q1 by the launch of these initiatives, we expect this cost headwind to abate beginning in Q2. We are reiterating our BUY rating and $20 target price, which reflects upside potential of +20% from current levels and is based on a multiple of ~10x our FY18 EBITDA estimate of $68.2 million. Key takeaways U.S. comps once again exceed expectations: FOGO reported a U.S. comp of +0.9%, above the Street of -1.0% and our recently increased estimate of flat. Driven by momentum from various sales initiatives (day-part expansion, price optionality and value). Traffic in the U.S. increased +0.8%, exceeding the Knapp-Track High-end Steakhouse and Blackbox Intelligence Upscale benchmarks by 370 and 400 bps, respectively." (5/4/2017)
- 3. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "4Q EPS of $0.28 beat by $0.01 on system SSS of -2.0% vs. Jef/Cons. of -6.6%/-4.8% with US traffic benefiting from increased brand awareness through traffic driving initiatives around expanded daypart and value offerings and Brazil potentially nearing an inflection. '17 guide of flat SSS and $0.94 EPS at the midpoint vs. Cons. of -1.3%/$0.92 could be conservative. Maintain Buy and $17 PT." (3/15/2017)
- 4. Wells Fargo & Company analysts commented, "We expect 4Q16 same-store sales (SSS) and EPS upside coupled with an in-line (and likely conservative) guide for 2017, to push shares closer to peer average valuation (8.7x 2018E EBITDA vs. FOGO's 7.4x) in the near term, in our view. FOGO reported 4Q EPS of $0.28, just above the $0.27 Street estimate, with the upside largely driven by stronger-than-expected U.S. SSS of down 1%, which easily outpaced the -5.9% Street estimate. With consumer uncertainty abound, we remain constructive on FOGO given our expectation for the return of system SSS growth in the back-half of 2017, an improved currency backdrop and continued mid-teens unit growth supported by almost 40% cash-on-cash returns at new stores. We're raising our 2017E EPS to $0.92 (at the low-end of the $0.92-$0.95 guidance range) from $0.90 and our valuation range to $15-$16 from $12.75-$13.75 as we roll forward to 2018 estimates." (3/15/2017)
- 5. Deutsche Bank AG analysts commented, "Fogo de Chao's release its fourth quarter results, which included EPS that was ~1c ahead of our estimate on a blended SSS decline of 2% (consisting of US SSS that were better than our forecast at -1% vs. DBe -2% and a -6.9% Brazilian comps). Restaurant-level margins compressed by ~110bps more than our model, as ongoing inefficiencies from new units and to a lesser degree SSS deleverage continued to weigh on result. In addition, FOGO introduced 2017 line-item guidance which were highlighted by top-line growth of ~+9-11% (including largely flattish comps and new units) and restaurant-level margins that may decline by an additional ~60-100bps." (3/15/2017)
Who are some of Fogo de Chao's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Fogo de Chao include BJ's Restaurants (BJRI), Biglari Holdings (BH), GNC Holdings (GNC), 1-800 FLOWERS.COM (FLWS), Regis Corporation (RGS), Movado Group (MOV), Ruth's Hospitality Group (RUTH), Overstock.com (OSTK), Del Taco Restaurants (TACO), Barnes & Noble (BKS), Express (EXPR), Nautilus Group, Inc. (The) (NLS), Haverty Furniture Companies (HVT), Genesco (GCO), Bojangles' (BOJA), Ingles Markets, Incorporated (IMKTA), Farmer Brothers Company (FARM) and Fiesta Restaurant Group (FRGI).
Who are Fogo de Chao's key executives?
Fogo de Chao's management team includes the folowing people:
- George Barry McGowan, President
- Lawrence J Johnson, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Anthony D. Laday, Chief Financial Officer
- Eulila Selma Oliveira, Chief Operating Officer
- Stacy A. Murray, Principal Accounting Officer, Vice President - Accounting, Controller
- Albert G McGrath Jr., General Counsel
- Todd M. Abbrecht, Director
- Douglas R. Pendergast, Director
- Jeff T Swenson, Director
- Gerald W. Deitchle, Independent Director
When did Fogo de Chao IPO?
(FOGO) raised $75 million in an initial public offering (IPO) on Friday, June 19th 2015. The company issued 4,400,000 shares at a price of $16.00-$18.00 per share. Jefferies and J.P. Morgan served as the underwriters for the IPO and Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank Securities, Piper Jaffray, Wells Fargo Securities and Macquarie Capital were co-managers.
Who owns Fogo de Chao stock?
Fogo de Chao's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Lee Thomas H Partners LP (60.45%), TIAA CREF Investment Management LLC (1.86%), Thomson Horstmann & Bryant Inc. (1.84%), Archon Capital Management LLC (1.33%), Vanguard Group Inc. (1.32%) and Cooper Creek Partners Management LLC (1.20%). Company insiders that own Fogo de Chao stock include H Lee Equity Fund Vi Thomas, Todd M Abbrecht and Tony Laday. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Fogo de Chao.
Who sold Fogo de Chao stock? Who is selling Fogo de Chao stock?
Fogo de Chao's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Lee Thomas H Partners LP and Westpac Banking Corp. Company insiders that have sold Fogo de Chao stock in the last year include H Lee Equity Fund Vi Thomas and Todd M Abbrecht. View Insider Buying and Selling for Fogo de Chao.
Who bought Fogo de Chao stock? Who is buying Fogo de Chao stock?
Fogo de Chao's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Thomson Horstmann & Bryant Inc., Cooper Creek Partners Management LLC, Boston Partners, Vanguard Group Inc., Citadel Advisors LLC, Archon Capital Management LLC, River & Mercantile Asset Management LLP and UBS Oconnor LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Fogo de Chao.
How do I buy Fogo de Chao stock?
Shares of Fogo de Chao can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Fogo de Chao's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Fogo de Chao (NASDAQ FOGO)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Fogo de Chao and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Fogo de Chao stock can currently be purchased for approximately $12.40.
Consensus Ratings for Fogo de Chao (NASDAQ:FOGO) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||3 Hold Ratings, 3 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.50)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$16.42 (32.39% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Fogo de Chao (NASDAQ:FOGO)
(Data available from 9/24/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|8/10/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$16.00||Low|
|5/4/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||$16.00 -> $20.00||High|
|3/15/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$17.00||High|
|3/15/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Boost Price Target||In-Line||$13.25 -> $15.50||High|
|3/15/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Boost Price Target||Hold||$14.50 -> $15.00||High|
|9/28/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$15.00||N/A|
|5/24/2016||Macquarie||Downgrade||Outperform -> Neutral||N/A|
|11/4/2015||Credit Suisse Group||Lower Price Target||$20.00 -> $18.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Fogo de Chao (NASDAQ:FOGO)Earnings History by Quarter for Fogo de Chao (NASDAQ FOGO)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/8/2017||Q2 2017||$0.23||$0.21||$77.46 million||$77.80 million||View||Listen|
|5/8/2017||Q1 2017||$0.18||$0.18||$75.06 million||$76.40 million||View||Listen|
|3/14/2017||Q4 2016||$0.27||$0.28||$77.06 million||$80.90 million||View||N/A|
|11/7/2016||Q3||$0.15||$0.16||$65.80 million||$69.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/9/2016||Q216||$0.25||$0.22||$73.31 million||$69.60 million||View||Listen|
|5/10/2016||Q1||$0.23||$0.21||$71.86 million||$68.90 million||View||Listen|
|3/15/2016||Q415||$0.28||$0.29||$76.80 million||$77.50 million||View||Listen|
|11/3/2015||Q315||$0.18||$0.18||$61.13 million||$61.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/11/2015||Q215||$0.09||$0.16||$65.26 million||$68.20 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Fogo de Chao (NASDAQ:FOGO)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.93
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.99
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Fogo de Chao (NASDAQ:FOGO)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Fogo de Chao (NASDAQ:FOGO)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 82.80%Insider Trades by Quarter for Fogo de Chao (NASDAQ:FOGO)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 85.65%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|5/23/2017||H. Lee Equity Fund Vi Thomas||Major Shareholder||Sell||675,000||$14.00||$9,450,000.00|| |
|5/17/2017||Todd M Abbrecht||Director||Sell||4,500,000||$14.00||$63,000,000.00|| |
|9/30/2016||Tony Laday||CFO||Buy||1,000||$10.62||$10,620.00|| |
|6/24/2015||Eulila Selma Oliveira||COO||Buy||2,640||$20.00||$52,800.00|| |
|6/24/2015||George Barry Mcgowan||President||Buy||10,956||$20.00||$219,120.00|| |
|6/24/2015||Jandir Dalberto||Insider||Buy||10,000||$20.00||$200,000.00|| |
|6/24/2015||Neil Moses||Director||Buy||5,300||$20.00||$106,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for Fogo de Chao (NASDAQ:FOGO)
Latest Headlines for Fogo de Chao (NASDAQ:FOGO)
|Reviewing Fogo de Chao (FOGO) & Jack In The Box (JACK)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - September 21 at 8:32 PM
|Analyzing Fogo de Chao (FOGO) & Arcos Dorados Holdings (ARCO)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - September 18 at 9:00 AM
|Reviewing Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB) and Fogo de Chao (FOGO)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - September 17 at 8:26 AM
|Fogo de Chão Heats Up the Fall With New, Indulgent Bone-In Cuts |
finance.yahoo.com - September 13 at 8:15 PM
|Fogo de Chao, Inc. (FOGO) Given Average Recommendation of "Hold" by Brokerages|
www.americanbankingnews.com - September 13 at 4:48 AM
|Fogo de Chao, Inc. (FOGO) Upgraded at Zacks Investment Research|
www.americanbankingnews.com - September 11 at 7:38 PM
|Fogo de Chao, Inc. (FOGO) Expected to Post Quarterly Sales of $75.03 Million|
www.americanbankingnews.com - September 11 at 1:48 PM
|Zacks: Analysts Anticipate Fogo de Chao, Inc. (FOGO) to Post $0.17 EPS|
www.americanbankingnews.com - September 9 at 6:06 AM
|ETFs with exposure to Fogo de Chão, Inc. : August 29, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - August 29 at 7:15 PM
|Fogo de Chão, Inc. :FOGO-US: Earnings Analysis: Q2, 2017 By the Numbers : August 23, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - August 24 at 2:23 AM
|Zacks: Analysts Expect Fogo de Chao, Inc. (FOGO) Will Announce Quarterly Sales of $75.03 Million|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 23 at 10:04 AM
| Analysts Anticipate Fogo de Chao, Inc. (FOGO) Will Post Earnings of $0.17 Per Share|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 21 at 12:20 PM
|Sonic Corp. (SONC) versus Fogo de Chao (FOGO) Financial Review|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 21 at 6:16 AM
|Fogo de Chao, Inc. (FOGO) Given Consensus Recommendation of "Hold" by Brokerages|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 19 at 4:34 AM
|Reviewing Fogo de Chao (FOGO) & Noodles & (NDLS)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 17 at 8:48 AM
|2 Stocks That Could Offer Value for Shareholders|
finance.yahoo.com - August 14 at 7:06 PM
|Jamba (JMBA) and Fogo de Chao (NASDAQ:FOGO) Financial Review|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 13 at 12:10 AM
|Q4 2017 Earnings Estimate for Fogo de Chao, Inc. Issued By Jefferies Group (FOGO)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 11 at 1:04 PM
|FY2017 EPS Estimates for Fogo de Chao, Inc. Reduced by Analyst (NASDAQ:FOGO)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 10 at 1:16 PM
|Fogo de Chao, Inc. (FOGO) Announces Earnings Results, Misses Estimates By $0.02 EPS|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 9 at 10:05 PM
|Edited Transcript of FOGO earnings conference call or presentation 8-Aug-17 9:00pm GMT|
finance.yahoo.com - August 9 at 6:55 PM
|Fogo de Chão Opens First Middle East Location|
finance.yahoo.com - August 9 at 6:55 PM
|Fogo de Chão, Inc. breached its 50 day moving average in a Bullish Manner : FOGO-US : August 8, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - August 9 at 4:31 AM
|Fogo de Chão, Inc. Reports Second Quarter 2017 Results|
finance.yahoo.com - August 8 at 6:28 PM
|Fogo de Chao misses 2Q profit forecasts|
finance.yahoo.com - August 8 at 6:28 PM
|Fogo de Chao, Inc. (NASDAQ:FOGO) Releases FY17 Earnings Guidance|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 8 at 5:38 PM
|Fogo de Chão, Inc. – Value Analysis (NASDAQ:FOGO) : August 7, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - August 7 at 9:15 PM
|3 Stocks Billionaires Can't Buy but You Can|
finance.yahoo.com - August 5 at 5:48 PM
|Zacks: Analysts Expect Fogo de Chao, Inc. (FOGO) Will Post Quarterly Sales of $77.19 Million|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 5 at 7:22 AM
|Fogo de Chao (FOGO) Q2 Earnings: Disappointment in Store?|
finance.yahoo.com - August 4 at 6:58 PM
|Financial Review: Fogo de Chao (FOGO) vs. Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen (PLKI)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 4 at 12:20 AM
|Zacks: Brokerages Anticipate Fogo de Chao, Inc. (NASDAQ:FOGO) to Announce $0.23 Earnings Per Share|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 3 at 8:24 AM
|Pondering A Paleo Portfolio|
seekingalpha.com - August 1 at 4:28 AM
|Comparing Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) & Fogo de Chao (NASDAQ:FOGO)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - July 30 at 12:21 AM
|Fogo de Chão, Inc. breached its 50 day moving average in a Bullish Manner : FOGO-US : July 26, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - July 26 at 7:22 PM
|Fogo de Chão, Inc. to Announce Second Quarter 2017 Results on August 8, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - July 26 at 7:22 PM
|Fogo de Chao, Inc. (FOGO) Given Average Rating of "Hold" by Brokerages|
www.americanbankingnews.com - July 25 at 10:09 AM
|Zacks: Analysts Anticipate Fogo de Chao, Inc. (NASDAQ:FOGO) Will Announce Quarterly Sales of $77.19 Million|
www.americanbankingnews.com - July 14 at 4:20 PM
|Fogo de Chao, Inc. (FOGO) Expected to Post Earnings of $0.23 Per Share|
www.americanbankingnews.com - July 12 at 8:44 AM
|Fogo de Chao, Inc. (FOGO) Given Consensus Rating of "Buy" by Brokerages|
www.americanbankingnews.com - June 28 at 8:24 AM
|Zacks: Brokerages Anticipate Fogo de Chao, Inc. (FOGO) Will Announce Quarterly Sales of $77.39 Million|
www.americanbankingnews.com - June 18 at 10:48 AM
| Analysts Expect Fogo de Chao, Inc. (FOGO) to Announce $0.23 EPS|
www.americanbankingnews.com - June 16 at 11:38 AM
|Fogo de Chao wraps up revamp of its downtown Minneapolis restaurant|
finance.yahoo.com - June 15 at 7:25 PM
|Is Fogo de Chao (FOGO) a Great Stock for Value Investors?|
finance.yahoo.com - June 9 at 5:41 PM
|ETFs with exposure to Fogo de Chão, Inc. : June 6, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - June 6 at 5:38 PM
|4 Reasons Why You Should Buy Fogo de Chao (FOGO) Stock Now|
finance.yahoo.com - June 5 at 11:09 AM
|Fogo De Chao Inc (FOGO) Given Consensus Recommendation of "Buy" by Brokerages|
www.americanbankingnews.com - June 2 at 6:42 PM
|Fogo de Chão Completes Renovation of Minneapolis Location|
finance.yahoo.com - June 1 at 6:01 PM
|Fogo De Chao Inc (FOGO) Raised to "Buy" at Zacks Investment Research|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 31 at 11:26 PM
|Fogo De Chao Inc (FOGO) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research to Hold|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 31 at 10:04 PM
Fogo de Chao (FOGO) Chart for Sunday, September, 24, 2017