GW Pharmaceuticals plc is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapeutics from its cannabinoid product platform in a range of disease areas. The Company's lead cannabinoid product candidate is Epidiolex, which is a liquid formulation of pure plant-derived cannabidiol (CBD). The Company offers Sativex (nabiximols), which is indicated for the treatment of spasticity due to multiple sclerosis (MS). The Company operates through three segments: Commercial, Sativex Research and Development, and Pipeline Research and Development. The Commercial segment distributes and sells the Company's commercial products. The Sativex Research and Development segment seeks to maximize the potential of Sativex through the development of new indications. The Pipeline Research and Development segment seeks to develop cannabinoid medications other than Sativex across a range of therapeutic areas using its cannabinoid technology platform.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Bio Therapeutic Drugs
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:GWPH
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.gwpharm.com
- Market Cap: $2.84718 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 25,308,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $101.86
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $114.20
- 52 Week Range: $79.62 - $137.88
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -23.80
- P/E Growth: 0.42
- Annual Revenue: $9.9 million
- Price / Sales: 292.68
- Book Value: $18.04 per share
- Price / Book: 6.35
- EBIDTA: ($157,050,000.00)
- Net Margins: -1,021.38%
- Return on Equity: -22.81%
- Return on Assets: -19.68%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.01%
- Current Ratio: 13.46%
- Quick Ratio: 13.28%
- Average Volume: 270,794 shs.
- Beta: 2.66
- Short Ratio: 7.34
Frequently Asked Questions for GW Pharmaceuticals PLC (NASDAQ:GWPH)
What is GW Pharmaceuticals PLC's stock symbol?
GW Pharmaceuticals PLC trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "GWPH."
How were GW Pharmaceuticals PLC's earnings last quarter?
GW Pharmaceuticals PLC (NASDAQ:GWPH) announced its earnings results on Tuesday, May, 9th. The company reported ($1.70) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of ($1.50) by $0.20. The business had revenue of $2.04 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $2.07 million. GW Pharmaceuticals PLC had a negative net margin of 1,021.38% and a negative return on equity of 22.81%. The company's quarterly revenue was down 23.0% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the business earned ($0.06) EPS. View GW Pharmaceuticals PLC's Earnings History.
Where is GW Pharmaceuticals PLC's stock going? Where will GW Pharmaceuticals PLC's stock price be in 2017?
8 analysts have issued 12 month target prices for GW Pharmaceuticals PLC's stock. Their predictions range from $135.00 to $208.00. On average, they anticipate GW Pharmaceuticals PLC's share price to reach $161.71 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for GW Pharmaceuticals PLC.
What are analysts saying about GW Pharmaceuticals PLC stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about GW Pharmaceuticals PLC stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "GW Pharmaceuticals plc is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing therapeutics from its proprietary cannabinoid product platform in a broad range of disease areas. The Company's lead product, Sativex is used for the treatment of MS symptoms, cancer pain, and neuropathic pain. It operates primarily in the United Kingdom, Europe, the United States, Canada, and Asia. GW Pharmaceuticals plc is based in Salisbury, the United Kingdom. " (7/17/2017)
- 2. Maxim Group analysts commented, "GW pharmaceuticals announced publication of data from the P3 study of Epidiolex (oral CBD, cannabidiol) in pediatric Dravet Syndrome in The New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)." (5/25/2017)
- 3. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "NDA Filing Expected Mid-2017. GWPH expects to complete its filing in the U.S. shortly and noted two key portions in progress: 1) an integrated safety analysis of over 1,500 treated patients from clinical studies and the expanded access program, and 2) manufacturing data from the company’s manufacturing processes, including scaled materials. These elements will be the two determining factors of the timing of the NDA submission, which is expected in the middle of the year. Following the U.S. submission, GW expects to submit its MAA filing in 2H17 and plans to meet with the EMA in the near term. Pre-commercialization Activities Intensify. Greenwich Biosciences, the U.S. subsidiary of GW, is progressing with a pre-commercial strategy of expanding its team for the drug launch of Epidiolex. GW guided for a commercial team consisting of 15 medical-science liaisons by the end of 2017 and a sales force of 50-60 sales representatives to reach 4,000-5,000 targeted U.S. physicians. In addition, the company has begun to engage payors on awareness of patient need, Epidiolex, and pricing. We believe these efforts will set a meaningful foundation for Epidiolex’s commercial launch, which we estimate will initiate in 2018. Model Update. Following F2Q17 financial results, we have updated our model to reflect recent quarterly results and future expectations of operational expenditures." (5/9/2017)
Who are some of GW Pharmaceuticals PLC's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to GW Pharmaceuticals PLC include bluebird bio (BLUE), Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX), Clovis Oncology (CLVS), Intercept Pharmaceuticals (ICPT), BeiGene (BGNE), Juno Therapeutics (JUNO), China Biologic Products (CBPO), Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (RARE), Agios Pharmaceuticals (AGIO), Prothena Corporation PLC (PRTA), Axovant Sciences (AXON), AveXis (AVXS), Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT), Spark Therapeutics (ONCE), Aerie Pharmaceuticals (AERI), Loxo Oncology (LOXO), Radius Health (RDUS) and Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO).
Who are GW Pharmaceuticals PLC's key executives?
GW Pharmaceuticals PLC's management team includes the folowing people:
- Geoffrey W. Guy, Executive Chairman of the Board
- Justin Gover, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Adam David George, Chief Financial Officer, Company Secretary, Director
- Christopher John Tovey, Chief Operating Officer, Executive Director
- Julian S. Gangolli, Executive Director
- James Julian Noble, Non-Executive Deputy Chairman of the Board, Senior Independent Director
- Cabot Brown, Non-Executive Independent Director
- Thomas Gerard Lynch, Non-Executive Independent Director
Who owns GW Pharmaceuticals PLC stock?
GW Pharmaceuticals PLC's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include US Bancorp DE (0.05%), Woodstock Corp (0.02%), Fox Run Management L.L.C. (0.02%), Aperio Group LLC (0.01%), Eqis Capital Management Inc. (0.01%) and Creative Planning (0.01%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for GW Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Who sold GW Pharmaceuticals PLC stock? Who is selling GW Pharmaceuticals PLC stock?
Who bought GW Pharmaceuticals PLC stock? Who is buying GW Pharmaceuticals PLC stock?
How do I buy GW Pharmaceuticals PLC stock?
Shares of GW Pharmaceuticals PLC can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is GW Pharmaceuticals PLC's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for GW Pharmaceuticals PLC (NASDAQ GWPH)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about GW Pharmaceuticals PLC and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of GW Pharmaceuticals PLC stock can currently be purchased for approximately $114.49.
Consensus Ratings for GW Pharmaceuticals PLC (NASDAQ:GWPH) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Hold Rating, 7 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.88)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$161.71 (41.25% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for GW Pharmaceuticals PLC (NASDAQ:GWPH)
(Data available from 7/21/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|6/8/2017||Maxim Group||Set Price Target||Buy||$135.00||High|
|5/9/2017||Cantor Fitzgerald||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$208.00||High|
|2/22/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$185.00||N/A|
|2/6/2017||Cowen and Company||Set Price Target||Buy||$135.00||N/A|
|2/7/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Set Price Target||Buy||$147.00||N/A|
|11/3/2016||Leerink Swann||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$162.00||N/A|
|9/25/2016||Morgan Stanley||Boost Price Target||Overweight||$152.00 -> $160.00||N/A|
|8/26/2016||Numis Securities Ltd||Upgrade||Sell -> Hold||N/A|
|7/18/2016||Bank of America Corporation||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$153.00||N/A|
|6/27/2016||Janney Montgomery Scott||Initiated Coverage||Sell||$40.00||N/A|
|3/14/2016||Roth Capital||Boost Price Target||Buy||$130.00 -> $160.00||N/A|
Earnings History for GW Pharmaceuticals PLC (NASDAQ:GWPH)Earnings History by Quarter for GW Pharmaceuticals PLC (NASDAQ GWPH)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/9/2017||3/31/2017||($1.50)||($1.70)||$2.07 million||$2.04 million||View||Listen|
|2/7/2017||Q117||($1.35)||($0.77)||$1.85 million||$2.54 million||View||Listen|
|12/5/2016||Q416||($1.48)||($0.89)||$2.85 million||$2.16 million||View||Listen|
|2/10/2016||Q116||($1.53)||($0.10)||$4.61 million||$5.40 million||View||Listen|
|12/7/2015||Q415||($1.38)||($0.85)||$15.00 million||$5.60 million||View||N/A|
|8/6/2015||Q315||($1.30)||($1.60)||$12.82 million||$13.55 million||View||N/A|
|5/11/2015||Q215||($1.23)||($0.58)||$11.38 million||$9.43 million||View||Listen|
|2/4/2015||Q115||($0.91)||($0.26)||$12.12 million||$12.40 million||View||N/A|
|12/2/2014||Q414||($0.46)||$0.02||$9.15 million||$12.03 million||View||N/A|
|8/6/2014||Q314||($0.62)||($0.66)||$12.88 million||$13.00 million||View||N/A|
|5/7/2014||Q114||($0.30)||$0.49||$12.48 million||$12.55 million||View||N/A|
|2/4/2014||Q413||($0.34)||($0.02)||$11.54 million||$7.49 million||View||N/A|
|8/5/2013||Q313||($0.11)||$0.02||$10.71 million||$11.04 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for GW Pharmaceuticals PLC (NASDAQ:GWPH)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($8.53)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for GW Pharmaceuticals PLC (NASDAQ:GWPH)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for GW Pharmaceuticals PLC (NASDAQ:GWPH)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for GW Pharmaceuticals PLC (NASDAQ:GWPH)
Latest Headlines for GW Pharmaceuticals PLC (NASDAQ:GWPH)
GW Pharmaceuticals PLC (GWPH) Chart for Friday, July, 21, 2017