About The Habit Restaurants (NASDAQ:HABT)
The Habit Restaurants, Inc. (Habit Burger Grill) is a fast casual restaurant company. The Company is engaged in preparing made-to-order char-grilled burgers and sandwiches featuring tri-tip steak, grilled chicken and sushi-grade albacore tuna cooked over an open flame. In addition, it offers sides, shakes and malts. The Company prepares its burgers with char-grilled preparation, topped with caramelized onions, melted cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. It operates a range of restaurant formats, including end-cap, free-standing, inline, end-cap drive-thru and traditional stand-alone drive-in, primarily within suburban shopping centers and retail settings. As of December 27, 2016, the Company had 172 locations in 15 markets in 10 states and the United Arab Emirates, including franchised/licensed locations (excluding six licensed locations in Santa Barbara County, California).
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Restaurants & Bars
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:HABT
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.habitburger.com
- Market Cap: $245 million
- Outstanding Shares: 20,332,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $12.93
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $15.79
- 52 Week Range: $11.95 - $19.75
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 46.71
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 46.35
- P/E Growth: 2.73
- Annual Revenue: $307.71 million
- Price / Sales: 0.80
- Book Value: $6.03 per share
- Price / Book: 2.00
- EBITDA: $29.44 million
- Net Margins: 1.64%
- Return on Equity: 4.97%
- Return on Assets: 2.16%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.07%
- Current Ratio: 1.77%
- Quick Ratio: 1.72%
- Average Volume: 429,062 shs.
- Beta: 1.08
- Short Ratio: 13.89
Frequently Asked Questions for The Habit Restaurants (NASDAQ:HABT)
What is The Habit Restaurants' stock symbol?
The Habit Restaurants trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "HABT."
How were The Habit Restaurants' earnings last quarter?
The Habit Restaurants, Inc. (NASDAQ:HABT) released its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, August, 2nd. The company reported $0.06 earnings per share for the quarter, hitting analysts' consensus estimates of $0.06. The firm earned $83.30 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $84.15 million. The Habit Restaurants had a return on equity of 4.97% and a net margin of 1.64%. The business's quarterly revenue was up 17.2% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted $0.09 earnings per share. View The Habit Restaurants' Earnings History.
When will The Habit Restaurants make its next earnings announcement?
Where is The Habit Restaurants' stock going? Where will The Habit Restaurants' stock price be in 2017?
7 equities research analysts have issued twelve-month price objectives for The Habit Restaurants' shares. Their predictions range from $14.00 to $22.00. On average, they anticipate The Habit Restaurants' stock price to reach $17.93 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for The Habit Restaurants.
What are analysts saying about The Habit Restaurants stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about The Habit Restaurants stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "The Habit Restaurants, Inc., operator of The Habit Burger Grill, is a burger-centric fast casual restaurant company. It is engaged in preparing char-grilled burgers, sandwiches and salads. The Company offers tri-tip steak, grilled chicken and sushi-grade albacore tuna cooked over an open flame; prepared salads and a selection of sides, shakes and malts. It has operations in California, including Bay area, Central California, Greater La, Inland Empire, Orange County, Sacramento, San Diego; Arizona; Utah and New Jersey. The Habit Restaurants, Inc. is based in Irvine, California. " (9/20/2017)
- 2. Piper Jaffray Companies analysts commented, "We circle back to HABT shares as a buy given attractive valuation levels. The concept itself remains compelling in terms of unit-level economics and continued execution. In general, The Habit has higher average unit volumes (AUVs) and is growing 3x that of its non-growth peers, while trading at a similar multiple. Execution remains the key catalyst. We reiterate our Overweight rating and $20 price target. Each 1x in EBITDA multiple equates to ~ $1/share." (3/23/2017)
- 3. Wells Fargo & Company analysts commented, "4Q EPS upside and in-line SSS (same-store-sales) prove much better than feared following HABT's 2Q and 3Q EPS shortfalls and a 4Q earnings season that has seen the vast majority of the sector post material SSS shortfalls. HABT reported Q4 EPS of $0.07, nicely above the $0.04 Street estimate, driven by in-line SSS (+1.7%%, including -0.5% traffic and +2.2% check), greater-than-expected COGS favorability (down 215bps yr/yr) and a lower-than-expected tax rate (38.0% vs. 44.0%). While HABT's relative SSS resiliency is noteworthy, we expect multiple expansion to be hard won in 2017 with our expectation for a back step in EPS vs. 2016 driven by: (1) another year of mid-single digit wage rate inflation, (2) far more modest COGS favorability relative to the 215bps seen in 2016 and (3) ongoing new unit margin inefficiencies We are lowering our 2017E EPS to $0.27 from $0.32 and introducing 2018E EPS of $0.29. Raising our valuation range to $15-16 from $14-15 as we roll forward to 2018E EBITDA." (3/3/2017)
Who are some of The Habit Restaurants' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to The Habit Restaurants include Fiesta Restaurant Group (FRGI), Bojangles' (BOJA), El Pollo Loco Holdings (LOCO), Chuy's Holdings (CHUY), Potbelly Corporation (PBPB), Del Frisco's Restaurant Group (DFRG), Zoe's Kitchen (ZOES), Ruby Tuesday (RT), Luby's (LUB), DP Poland Plc (DPP), Diversified Restaurant Holdings (SAUC), Good Times Restaurants (GTIM), One Group Hospitality (STKS), Kona Grill (KONA) and Spirit Pub Company Ltd (SPRT).
Who are The Habit Restaurants' key executives?
The Habit Restaurants' management team includes the folowing people:
- Russell W. Bendel, Chairman of the Board, President, Chief Executive Officer
- Ira M. Fils, Chief Financial Officer, Secretary, Director
- Anthony Serritella, Chief Operating Officer
- Matthew D. Hood, Chief Marketing Officer
- Douglas R. Branigan, Chief Development Officer
- Peter Whitwell, Chief Quality Officer
- A. William Allen III, Independent Director
- Joseph John Kadow, Independent Director
- Allan W. Karp, Independent Director
- Christopher K. Reilly, Independent Director
When did The Habit Restaurants IPO?
(HABT) raised $75 million in an initial public offering (IPO) on Thursday, November 20th 2014. The company issued 5,000,000 shares at $14.00-$16.00 per share. Piper Jaffray, Baird, Wells Fargo Securities and Raymond James served as the underwriters for the IPO and Stephens and Stifel were co-managers.
How do I buy The Habit Restaurants stock?
Shares of The Habit Restaurants can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is The Habit Restaurants' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for The Habit Restaurants (NASDAQ HABT)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about The Habit Restaurants and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of The Habit Restaurants stock can currently be purchased for approximately $12.05.
Consensus Ratings for The Habit Restaurants (NASDAQ:HABT) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||3 Hold Ratings, 4 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.57)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$17.93 (48.78% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for The Habit Restaurants (NASDAQ:HABT)
Analysts' Ratings History for The Habit Restaurants (NASDAQ:HABT)
(Data available from 10/23/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/11/2017||Stephens||Lower Price Target||Overweight||$21.00 -> $18.00||N/A|
|10/9/2017||Robert W. Baird||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$20.00||N/A|
|9/26/2017||Wedbush||Downgrade||Outperform -> Neutral||$19.00 -> $14.00||High|
|9/12/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$16.00||Medium|
|7/24/2017||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$22.00||Medium|
|7/14/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|3/6/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||$14.50 -> $15.50||N/A|
|11/17/2015||Tigress Financial||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||N/A|
Earnings History for The Habit Restaurants (NASDAQ:HABT)Earnings History by Quarter for The Habit Restaurants (NASDAQ HABT)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/2/2017||Q2 2017||$0.06||$0.06||$84.15 million||$83.30 million||View||Listen|
|5/3/2017||Q1 2017||$0.08||$0.09||$78.42 million||$78.64 million||View||Listen|
|3/2/2017||Q4 2016||$0.04||$0.07||$73.29 million||$73.90 million||View||Listen|
|11/2/2016||Q316||$0.06||$0.05||$72.06 million||$71.90 million||View||Listen|
|8/3/2016||Q2||$0.10||$0.09||$71.09 million||$71.10 million||View||Listen|
|5/4/2016||Q1||$0.09||$0.10||$67.70 million||$67.00 million||View||Listen|
|3/2/2016||Q4||$0.04||$0.05||$60.75 million||$60.60 million||View||N/A|
|11/4/2015||Q315||$0.05||$0.06||$57.74 million||$58.65 million||View||Listen|
|8/5/2015||Q215||$0.06||$0.09||$55.89 million||$56.70 million||View||Listen|
|4/30/2015||Q115||$0.06||$0.09||$53.88 million||$54.60 million||View||Listen|
|3/10/2015||Q414||$0.02||$43.83 million||$48.35 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for The Habit Restaurants (NASDAQ:HABT)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.20
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.21
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for The Habit Restaurants (NASDAQ:HABT)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for The Habit Restaurants (NASDAQ:HABT)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 16.12%Insider Trades by Quarter for The Habit Restaurants (NASDAQ:HABT)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 73.82%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/7/2017||Joseph John Kadow||Director||Buy||1,000||$13.45||$13,450.00|| |
|5/1/2017||Peter Whitwell||Insider||Sell||1,500||$19.03||$28,545.00|| |
|4/3/2017||Peter Whitwell||Insider||Sell||1,500||$17.50||$26,250.00|| |
|3/1/2017||Peter Whitwell||Insider||Sell||1,500||$13.40||$20,100.00|| |
|2/1/2017||Peter Whitwell||Insider||Sell||1,500||$14.71||$22,065.00|| |
|1/3/2017||Peter Whitwell||Insider||Sell||1,500||$17.40||$26,100.00|| |
|12/1/2016||Peter Whitwell||Insider||Sell||1,500||$16.90||$25,350.00|| |
|11/1/2016||Peter Whitwell||Insider||Sell||1,500||$14.55||$21,825.00|| |
|10/3/2016||Peter Whitwell||Insider||Sell||1,500||$14.00||$21,000.00|| |
|9/1/2016||Peter Whitwell||Insider||Sell||1,500||$15.23||$22,845.00|| |
|8/1/2016||Habit Restaurants, Inc.||Insider||Sell||1,500||$16.20||$24,300.00|| |
|7/1/2016||Peter Whitwell||Insider||Sell||1,500||$16.30||$24,450.00|| |
|6/9/2016||Peter Whitwell||Insider||Sell||1,500||$17.32||$25,980.00|| |
|4/20/2016||Goldman Sachs Group Inc||Major Shareholder||Sell||1,552,204||$17.40||$27,008,349.60|| |
|3/21/2016||Joseph John Kadow||Director||Buy||500||$19.10||$9,550.00|| |
|3/10/2016||Joseph John Kadow||Director||Buy||500||$19.97||$9,985.00|| |
|3/7/2016||Joseph John Kadow||Director||Buy||1,000||$20.88||$20,880.00|| |
Headline Trends for The Habit Restaurants (NASDAQ:HABT)
Latest Headlines for The Habit Restaurants (NASDAQ:HABT)
Loading headlines, please wait.
The Habit Restaurants (HABT) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017