About Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ:HZNP)
Horizon Pharma Public Limited Company is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on identifying, developing, acquiring and commercializing differentiated and accessible medicines that address unmet medical needs. As of December 31, 2016, the Company marketed 11 medicines through its orphan, rheumatology and primary care business units. The Company's marketed medicines are ACTIMMUNE (interferon gamma-1b), BUPHENYL (sodium phenylbutyrate) Tablets and Powder, DUEXIS (ibuprofen/famotidine), KRYSTEXXA (pegloticase), MIGERGOT (ergotamine tartrate & caffeine suppositories), PENNSAID (diclofenac sodium topical solution) 2% weight per weight (w/w), or PENNSAID 2%, PROCYSBI (cysteamine bitartrate) delayed-release capsules, QUINSAIR (aerosolized form of levofloxacin), RAVICTI (glycerol phenylbutyrate) Oral Liquid, RAYOS (prednisone) delayed-release tablets and VIMOVO (naproxen/esomeprazole magnesium).
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Trailing P/E Ratio-4.63815789473684
Forward P/E Ratio19.58
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$981.12 million
Price / Sales2.36
Cash Flow$3.11 per share
Price / Cash4.54
Book Value$7.84 per share
Price / Book1.80
Return on Equity20.22%
Return on Assets5.35%
Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ:HZNP) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Horizon Pharma's stock symbol?
Horizon Pharma trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "HZNP."
How will Horizon Pharma's stock buyback program work?
Horizon Pharma announced that its board has approved a share repurchase program on Sunday, June 4th 2017, which authorizes the company to repurchase 1,000% of shares, according to EventVestor. This repurchase authorization authorizes the company to purchase shares of its stock through open market purchases. Stock repurchase programs are usually a sign that the company's management believes its stock is undervalued.
How were Horizon Pharma's earnings last quarter?
Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ:HZNP) posted its quarterly earnings data on Monday, November, 6th. The biopharmaceutical company reported $0.26 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.22 by $0.04. The biopharmaceutical company had revenue of $271.60 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $259.74 million. Horizon Pharma had a positive return on equity of 20.22% and a negative net margin of 45.28%. The firm's quarterly revenue was up 30.1% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted $0.70 earnings per share. View Horizon Pharma's Earnings History.
When will Horizon Pharma make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Horizon Pharma's stock going? Where will Horizon Pharma's stock price be in 2018?
11 analysts have issued 1 year price targets for Horizon Pharma's shares. Their predictions range from $13.00 to $30.00. On average, they anticipate Horizon Pharma's share price to reach $19.18 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Horizon Pharma.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Horizon Pharma stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Horizon Pharma stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Horizon has been focused on expanding its orphan drug business.The company has been quite active on the acquisition front over the past few quarters. However, revenues from primary care business units declined due to the implementation of a new commercial model where the company is contracting with pharmacy benefit managers and payers to help patients obtain access to its medicines. Moreover, in Jun 2017, Horizon Pharma sold the marketing rights for Procysbi and Quinsair in the Europe, the Middle East and Africa regions to Chiesi Farmaceutici S.p.A. as the company focuses on higher-return businesses. Shares of the company have underperformed the industry. With the company’s efforts to expand Actimmune’s label suffered a setback, focus will be on Krystexxa’s performance. Stiff competition for drugs will also impact sales." (10/10/2017)
- 2. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "We are maintaining our Overweight rating and $17, 12 month PT for HZNP shares, but lowering our 2017 and 2018 EPS estimates because we have taken out some sales for the Raptor franchise now that Horizon has completed the sale of its EU marketing rights to Chiesi (Not Covered). We continue to expect Krystexxa sales to be impacted by the 340b program in 4Q17, which could prove conservative. Please see our note for details Potential HHS Delay Could Be Positive for HZNP’s Krystexxa Sales This Year. We expect orphan drug sales to increase 50% YOY which is in line with Horizon’s guidance, and rheumatology sales to increase 37% YOY, which is also roughly in line with Horizon’s guidance. Valuation. We use a blend of DCF and multiples (EV/EBITDA) analysis to get to our 12-month price target of $17." (9/11/2017)
- 3. Piper Jaffray Companies analysts commented, "We had the opportunity to travel with Horizon senior management in meetings with investors. We gained additional insight into Pennsaid 2% and Ravicti, and also came away with insights into management's latest thinking regarding M&A. Though there are undoubtedly some headwinds facing the primary care segment, we believe that this segment should be on largely stable footing over the long-term given HZNP's payer contracting efforts. That dynamic combined with continued strength from the rare disease segment points to a long-term EPS CAGR (2017-2022) in the mid-teens, and should translate into multiple expansion with a 2017E P/E currently at 7x. We reiterate our Overweight rating and are lowering our PT to $30 from $32 (see below for more details)." (3/24/2017)
- 4. Guggenheim analysts commented, "HZNP reported a 4Q16 beat, underscoring our confidence that HZNP can continue to meet or exceed earnings expectations in '17+. Post 4Q16, we think that the peak sales potential of Pennsaid 2%, Procysbi, and Krystexxa are underappreciated, with additional earnings upside potentially coming from M&A as HZNP redeploys cash generated by its Primary Care ("PC") business into business development focused on orphan and rare disease indication medicines. While concerns remain over growth prospects for HZNP's PC business, Ravicti and Actimmune, these assets continue to generate meaningful cash to fuel HZNP's growth aspiration of $2B in sales by 2020." (2/27/2017)
Who are some of Horizon Pharma's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Horizon Pharma include Taro Pharmaceutical Industries (TARO), Akorn (AKRX), Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD), BTG (BTG), Emergent Biosolutions (EBS), Hikma Pharmaceuticals (HIK), Opko Health (OPK), Corcept Therapeutics (CORT), Cambrex (CBM), Innoviva (INVA), Theravance Biopharma (TBPH), Impax Laboratories (IPXL), Akcea Therapeutics (AKCA), Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX), CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD), Amphastar Pharmaceuticals (AMPH), Collegium Pharmaceutical (COLL) and AMAG Pharmaceuticals (AMAG).
Who are Horizon Pharma's key executives?
Horizon Pharma's management team includes the folowing people:
- Timothy P. Walbert, Chairman of the Board, President, Chief Executive Officer (Age 50)
- Paul W. Hoelscher, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President (Age 52)
- Barry J. Moze, Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer (Age 63)
- Brian K. Beeler, Executive Vice President, General Counsel (Age 44)
- Robert F. Carey, Executive Vice President, Chief Business Officer (Age 58)
- Michael A. DesJardin, Executive Vice President - Technical Operations (Age 59)
- George P. Hampton, Executive Vice President - Primary Care Business Unit (Age 47)
- David A. Happel, Executive Vice President - Orphan Business Unit (Age 54)
- Jeffrey W. Sherman M.D., Executive Vice President - Research and Development and Chief Medical Officer (Age 62)
- Vikram Karnani, Senior Vice President - Rheumatology Business Unit (Age 42)
Who owns Horizon Pharma stock?
Horizon Pharma's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (8.20%), William Blair Investment Management LLC (5.39%), Brandywine Global Investment Management LLC (2.54%), Glenmede Trust Co. NA (2.22%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (1.39%) and Geode Capital Management LLC (0.92%). Company insiders that own Horizon Pharma stock include Jeffrey W Sherman, Michael G Grey, Robert Carey and Virinder Nohria. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Horizon Pharma.
Who sold Horizon Pharma stock? Who is selling Horizon Pharma stock?
Horizon Pharma's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Deutsche Bank AG, Glenmede Trust Co. NA, Hudson Bay Capital Management LP, BlackRock Inc., Sei Investments Co., Deltec Asset Management LLC, Wells Fargo & Company MN and SG Americas Securities LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Horizon Pharma.
Who bought Horizon Pharma stock? Who is buying Horizon Pharma stock?
Horizon Pharma's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Renaissance Technologies LLC, William Blair Investment Management LLC, Two Sigma Investments LP, Millennium Management LLC, Armistice Capital LLC, Cornerstone Capital Management Holdings LLC., Guggenheim Capital LLC and Brandywine Global Investment Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Horizon Pharma.
How do I buy Horizon Pharma stock?
Shares of Horizon Pharma can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Horizon Pharma's stock price today?
One share of Horizon Pharma stock can currently be purchased for approximately $14.10.
How big of a company is Horizon Pharma?
Horizon Pharma has a market capitalization of $2.31 billion and generates $981.12 million in revenue each year. The biopharmaceutical company earns $-166,830,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($3.04) on an earnings per share basis. Horizon Pharma employs 1,050 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Horizon Pharma?
Horizon Pharma's mailing address is Dublin 4 1st Fl 1 Burlington Road, Connaught House, DUBLIN, HM 09, Ireland. The biopharmaceutical company can be reached via phone at +353-1-7722100 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Horizon Pharma (HZNP)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Horizon Pharma and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ:HZNP) Analysts' Consensus Rating (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Today||30 Days Ago||90 Days Ago||180 Days Ago|
|Consensus Rating: ||Buy||Buy||Buy||Buy|
|Consensus Rating Score: ||2.91||2.91||2.82||2.83|
|Ratings Breakdown: ||0 Sell Rating(s)|
1 Hold Rating(s)
10 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|0 Sell Rating(s)|
1 Hold Rating(s)
10 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|0 Sell Rating(s)|
2 Hold Rating(s)
9 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|0 Sell Rating(s)|
2 Hold Rating(s)
10 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|Consensus Price Target: ||$19.18||$19.18||$18.64||$20.00|
|Price Target Upside: ||27.12% upside||27.12% upside||29.87% upside||52.21% upside|
Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ:HZNP) Consensus Price Target History
Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ:HZNP) Analyst Ratings History
(Data available from 2/25/2016 forward)
Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ:HZNP) Earnings History and Estimates Chart
Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ HZNP) Earnings History by Quarter
(Earnings results data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|11/6/2017||Q3 2017||$0.22||$0.26||$259.74 million||$271.60 million||View||N/A|
|8/7/2017||Q2 2017||$0.12||$0.41||$237.01 million||$289.51 million||View||Listen|
|5/8/2017||Q1 2017||$0.25||$0.21||$248.71 million||$220.90 million||View||Listen|
|2/27/2017||Q416||$0.51||$0.64||$307.93 million||$310.30 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2016||Q316||$0.63||$0.70||$270.04 million||$273.70 million||View||Listen|
|8/8/2016||Q216||$0.50||$0.62||$235.43 million||$257.40 million||View||N/A|
|5/9/2016||Q116||$0.30||$0.34||$197.73 million||$204.70 million||View||N/A|
|2/29/2016||Q415||$0.62||$0.63||$240.92 million||$244.50 million||View||Listen|
|11/6/2015||Q315||$0.41||$0.59||$185.70 million||$292.70 million||View||Listen|
|8/7/2015||Q215||$0.32||$0.39||$156.41 million||$172.80 million||View||Listen|
|5/8/2015||Q115||$0.22||$0.16||$104.20 million||$113.10 million||View||N/A|
|2/27/2015||Q414||$0.23||$0.27||$95.50 million||$103.80 million||View||N/A|
|11/6/2014||Q314||$0.19||$0.24||$73.17 million||$75.10 million||View||N/A|
|8/7/2014||Q214||$0.16||$0.14||$58.35 million||$66.10 million||View||N/A|
|5/9/2014||Q114||$0.01||$0.10||$42.69 million||$51.90 million||View||N/A|
|3/13/2014||Q413||($0.08)||($0.22)||$32.20 million||$43.10 million||View||N/A|
|11/8/2013||Q3 13||($0.25)||($0.03)||$18.31 million||$31.50 million||View||N/A|
|8/9/2013||Q213||($0.32)||($0.24)||$16.09 million||$17.64 million||View||N/A|
|5/10/2013||Q113||($0.35)||($0.30)||$9.47 million||$9.20 million||View||N/A|
|11/13/2012||Q312||($0.68)||($0.39)||$4.12 million||$7.20 million||View||N/A|
Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ:HZNP) Earnings Estimates
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.72 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.29 EPS
Dividend History for Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ:HZNP)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ HZNP) Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History
Insider Ownership Percentage: 3.20%
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 84.39%
Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ HZNP) Insider Trades by Quarter
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Shares Held After Transaction||Details|
|5/10/2017||Michael G Grey||Director||Buy||10,000||$9.48||$94,800.00|| |
|3/1/2017||Robert Carey||EVP||Sell||31,808||$16.03||$509,882.24|| |
|8/2/2016||Jeffrey W. Sherman||EVP||Sell||2,900||$20.00||$58,000.00|| |
|6/15/2016||Virinder Nohria||Director||Sell||25,000||$17.69||$442,250.00||189,836|| |
|2/26/2016||Jeffrey W Sherman||EVP||Sell||4,100||$20.00||$82,000.00||149,648|| |
|12/10/2015||Jeffrey W Sherman||EVP||Sell||4,456||$20.00||$89,120.00||105,132|| |
|9/21/2015||Jeffrey W Sherman||EVP||Sell||7,750||$31.78||$246,295.00||105,132|| |
|7/15/2015||Jeffrey W Sherman||EVP||Sell||26,887||$35.55||$955,832.85|| |
|3/13/2015||Jeff Himawan||Director||Sell||554,564||$22.44||$12,444,416.16|| |
|3/10/2015||Jeff Himawan||Director||Sell||1,614,827||$21.85||$35,283,969.95|| |
|11/19/2014||Jeff Himawan||Director||Sell||3,450,000||$12.05||$41,572,500.00|| |
|11/19/2014||Jeffrey W Sherman||EVP||Sell||24,999||$12.05||$301,237.95|| |
|11/19/2014||Timothy P Walbert||CEO||Sell||150,000||$12.05||$1,807,500.00|| |
|11/13/2014||Balaji Venkataraman||Major Shareholder||Sell||6,086,957||$11.54||$70,243,483.78|| |
|11/13/2014||Virinder Nohria||Director||Sell||1,739,130||$11.54||$20,069,560.20|| |
|9/30/2014||Vaere Robert J De||CFO||Sell||51,942||$12.28||$637,847.76|| |
|5/19/2014||Timothy Walbert||CEO||Sell||31,742||$12.94||$410,741.48||148,930|| |
|5/19/2014||Todd Smith||EVP||Sell||10,159||$12.94||$131,457.46||44,552|| |
|5/19/2014||Vaere Robert De||CFO||Sell||12,939||$12.94||$167,430.66||88,555|| |
|12/13/2013||Jeffrey Bird||Director||Buy||668,673||$6.50||$4,346,374.50||5,000|| |
|12/9/2013||Timothy Walbert||CEO||Sell||12,124||$6.79||$82,321.96||148,497|| |
|12/9/2013||Todd Smith||EVP||Sell||11,322||$6.91||$78,235.02||40,961|| |
|11/21/2013||Jeffrey Bird||Director||Buy||151,089||$6.24||$942,795.36||5,000|| |
|9/25/2012||Jeffrey W Bird||Director||Buy||575,356||$3.49||$2,007,992.44|| |
Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ HZNP) News Headlines
Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ:HZNP) SEC Filings
This page is loading this company's SEC Filings. Please wait...
Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ:HZNP) Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ HZNP) Stock Chart for Sunday, February, 25, 2018