About Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ:HZNP)
Horizon Pharma Public Limited Company is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on identifying, developing, acquiring and commercializing differentiated and accessible medicines that address unmet medical needs. As of December 31, 2016, the Company marketed 11 medicines through its orphan, rheumatology and primary care business units. The Company's marketed medicines are ACTIMMUNE (interferon gamma-1b), BUPHENYL (sodium phenylbutyrate) Tablets and Powder, DUEXIS (ibuprofen/famotidine), KRYSTEXXA (pegloticase), MIGERGOT (ergotamine tartrate & caffeine suppositories), PENNSAID (diclofenac sodium topical solution) 2% weight per weight (w/w), or PENNSAID 2%, PROCYSBI (cysteamine bitartrate) delayed-release capsules, QUINSAIR (aerosolized form of levofloxacin), RAVICTI (glycerol phenylbutyrate) Oral Liquid, RAYOS (prednisone) delayed-release tablets and VIMOVO (naproxen/esomeprazole magnesium).
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Pharmaceuticals
- Sub-Industry: Pharmaceuticals
- Symbol: NASDAQ:HZNP
- CUSIP: 44047T10
- Web: www.horizonpharma.com
- Market Cap: $2.30166 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 163,354,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $13.16
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $12.69
- 52 Week Range: $9.45 - $21.98
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 12.15
- P/E Growth: 1.02
- Annual Revenue: $1.03 billion
- Price / Sales: 2.23
- Book Value: $6.30 per share
- Price / Book: 2.24
- EBITDA: ($46,520,000.00)
- Net Margins: -42.40%
- Return on Equity: 22.85%
- Return on Assets: 6.86%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.83%
- Current Ratio: 1.61%
- Quick Ratio: 1.46%
- Average Volume: 3.45 million shs.
- Beta: 1.5
- Short Ratio: 5.78
Frequently Asked Questions for Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ:HZNP)
What is Horizon Pharma PLC's stock symbol?
Horizon Pharma PLC trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "HZNP."
How will Horizon Pharma PLC's stock buyback program work?
Horizon Pharma PLC declared that its Board of Directors has initiated a stock buyback program on Sunday, June 4th 2017, which allows the company to buyback 1,000% of outstanding shares, according to EventVestor. This buyback authorization allows the company to repurchase shares of its stock through open market purchases. Stock buyback programs are generally an indication that the company's board of directors believes its shares are undervalued.
How were Horizon Pharma PLC's earnings last quarter?
Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ:HZNP) announced its quarterly earnings results on Monday, August, 7th. The company reported $0.41 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $0.12 by $0.29. The firm had revenue of $289.51 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $237.01 million. Horizon Pharma PLC had a negative net margin of 42.40% and a positive return on equity of 22.85%. Horizon Pharma PLC's revenue was up 12.5% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the company earned $0.56 earnings per share. View Horizon Pharma PLC's Earnings History.
When will Horizon Pharma PLC make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Horizon Pharma PLC's stock going? Where will Horizon Pharma PLC's stock price be in 2017?
11 analysts have issued 1 year price objectives for Horizon Pharma PLC's stock. Their forecasts range from $12.00 to $30.00. On average, they expect Horizon Pharma PLC's stock price to reach $18.18 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Horizon Pharma PLC.
What are analysts saying about Horizon Pharma PLC stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Horizon Pharma PLC stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Horizon has been focused on expanding its orphan drug business.The company has been quite active on the acquisition front over the past few quarters. However, revenues from primary care business units declined due to the implementation of a new commercial model where the company is contracting with pharmacy benefit managers and payers to help patients obtain access to its medicines. Moreover, in Jun 2017, Horizon Pharma sold the marketing rights for Procysbi and Quinsair in the Europe, the Middle East and Africa regions to Chiesi Farmaceutici S.p.A. as the company focuses on higher-return businesses. Shares of the company have underperformed the industry. With the company’s efforts to expand Actimmune’s label suffered a setback, focus will be on Krystexxa’s performance. Stiff competition for drugs will also impact sales." (10/10/2017)
- 2. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "We are maintaining our Overweight rating and $17, 12 month PT for HZNP shares, but lowering our 2017 and 2018 EPS estimates because we have taken out some sales for the Raptor franchise now that Horizon has completed the sale of its EU marketing rights to Chiesi (Not Covered). We continue to expect Krystexxa sales to be impacted by the 340b program in 4Q17, which could prove conservative. Please see our note for details Potential HHS Delay Could Be Positive for HZNP’s Krystexxa Sales This Year. We expect orphan drug sales to increase 50% YOY which is in line with Horizon’s guidance, and rheumatology sales to increase 37% YOY, which is also roughly in line with Horizon’s guidance. Valuation. We use a blend of DCF and multiples (EV/EBITDA) analysis to get to our 12-month price target of $17." (9/11/2017)
- 3. Piper Jaffray Companies analysts commented, "We had the opportunity to travel with Horizon senior management in meetings with investors. We gained additional insight into Pennsaid 2% and Ravicti, and also came away with insights into management's latest thinking regarding M&A. Though there are undoubtedly some headwinds facing the primary care segment, we believe that this segment should be on largely stable footing over the long-term given HZNP's payer contracting efforts. That dynamic combined with continued strength from the rare disease segment points to a long-term EPS CAGR (2017-2022) in the mid-teens, and should translate into multiple expansion with a 2017E P/E currently at 7x. We reiterate our Overweight rating and are lowering our PT to $30 from $32 (see below for more details)." (3/24/2017)
- 4. Guggenheim analysts commented, "HZNP reported a 4Q16 beat, underscoring our confidence that HZNP can continue to meet or exceed earnings expectations in '17+. Post 4Q16, we think that the peak sales potential of Pennsaid 2%, Procysbi, and Krystexxa are underappreciated, with additional earnings upside potentially coming from M&A as HZNP redeploys cash generated by its Primary Care ("PC") business into business development focused on orphan and rare disease indication medicines. While concerns remain over growth prospects for HZNP's PC business, Ravicti and Actimmune, these assets continue to generate meaningful cash to fuel HZNP's growth aspiration of $2B in sales by 2020." (2/27/2017)
- 5. Mizuho analysts commented, "We are positive on HZNP ahead of the February 27 earnings call: We think the company may deliver a 4Q:16 earnings beat. We model 4Q:16 revenues of $325.4M and EPS of $0.57 relative to consensus $308.5M and $0.50 and implied guidance $309-$314M. Horizon has delivered strong beats in the past and we expect adjusted EBITDA to approach the higher end of the guidance range of $450-$460M. With respect to 2017 guidance, we fall below FactSet consensus estimates of $1,289.7M and $2.39 (we model $1,281.8M and $2.29), but note that Horizon may be able to beat this range via a combination of both price and volume growth, so guidance could come in stronger than expected. There is still significant uncertainty around business operation under the new PBM contracts, gross to net discounts, infrastructure needs, and the timing of anticipated volume growth. We therefore expect the focus of the call to be around these issues as well as on future business development targets and pipeline outlook." (2/22/2017)
Who are some of Horizon Pharma PLC's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Horizon Pharma PLC include Taro Pharmaceutical Industries (TARO), Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX), Akorn (AKRX), Opko Health (OPK), BTG plc (BTG), Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc (HIK), Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD), Corcept Therapeutics Incorporated (CORT), Theravance Biopharma (TBPH), Cambrex Corporation (CBM), Emergent Biosolutions (EBS), Impax Laboratories (IPXL), Innoviva (INVA), Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX), Akcea Therapeutics (AKCA), Lannett Co (LCI), Amphastar Pharmaceuticals (AMPH) and SciClone Pharmaceuticals (SCLN).
Who are Horizon Pharma PLC's key executives?
Horizon Pharma PLC's management team includes the folowing people:
- Timothy P. Walbert, Chairman of the Board, President, Chief Executive Officer
- Paul W. Hoelscher, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Barry J. Moze, Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer
- Brian K. Beeler, Executive Vice President, General Counsel
- Robert F. Carey, Executive Vice President, Chief Business Officer
- Michael A. DesJardin, Executive Vice President - Technical Operations
- George P. Hampton, Executive Vice President - Primary Care Business Unit
- David A. Happel, Executive Vice President - Orphan Business Unit
- Jeffrey W. Sherman M.D., Executive Vice President - Research and Development and Chief Medical Officer
- Vikram Karnani, Senior Vice President - Rheumatology Business Unit
How do I buy Horizon Pharma PLC stock?
Shares of Horizon Pharma PLC can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Horizon Pharma PLC's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ HZNP)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Horizon Pharma PLC and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Horizon Pharma PLC stock can currently be purchased for approximately $14.09.
Consensus Ratings for Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ:HZNP) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||2 Hold Ratings, 9 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.82)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$18.18 (29.04% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ:HZNP)
Analysts' Ratings History for Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ:HZNP)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/22/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$20.00||N/A|
|10/15/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Set Price Target||Buy||$18.00||N/A|
|10/5/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$16.00||N/A|
|9/28/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|9/28/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Initiated Coverage||Buy -> Buy||$16.00||Medium|
|9/26/2017||Cantor Fitzgerald||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$17.00||Low|
|8/28/2017||Mizuho||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$9.00 -> $12.00||Medium|
|8/10/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$17.00 -> $18.00||High|
|5/9/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Lower Price Target||Buy||$20.00 -> $13.00||Medium|
|2/28/2017||Morgan Stanley||Reiterated Rating||Equal Weight||$20.00||N/A|
|9/12/2016||Brean Capital||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$32.00||N/A|
|10/22/2015||JMP Securities||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
Earnings History for Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ:HZNP)Earnings History by Quarter for Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ HZNP)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/7/2017||Q2 2017||$0.12||$0.41||$237.01 million||$289.51 million||View||Listen|
|5/8/2017||Q1 2017||$0.25||$0.21||$248.71 million||$220.90 million||View||Listen|
|2/27/2017||Q416||$0.51||$0.64||$307.93 million||$310.30 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2016||Q316||$0.63||$0.70||$270.04 million||$273.70 million||View||Listen|
|8/8/2016||Q216||$0.50||$0.62||$235.43 million||$257.40 million||View||N/A|
|5/9/2016||Q116||$0.30||$0.34||$197.73 million||$204.70 million||View||N/A|
|2/29/2016||Q415||$0.62||$0.63||$240.92 million||$244.50 million||View||Listen|
|11/6/2015||Q315||$0.41||$0.59||$185.70 million||$292.70 million||View||Listen|
|8/7/2015||Q215||$0.32||$0.39||$156.41 million||$172.80 million||View||Listen|
|5/8/2015||Q115||$0.22||$0.16||$104.20 million||$113.10 million||View||N/A|
|2/27/2015||Q414||$0.23||$0.27||$95.50 million||$103.80 million||View||N/A|
|11/6/2014||Q314||$0.19||$0.24||$73.17 million||$75.10 million||View||N/A|
|8/7/2014||Q214||$0.16||$0.14||$58.35 million||$66.10 million||View||N/A|
|5/9/2014||Q114||$0.01||$0.10||$42.69 million||$51.90 million||View||N/A|
|3/13/2014||Q413||($0.08)||($0.22)||$32.20 million||$43.10 million||View||N/A|
|11/8/2013||Q3 13||($0.25)||($0.03)||$18.31 million||$31.50 million||View||N/A|
|8/9/2013||Q213||($0.32)||($0.24)||$16.09 million||$17.64 million||View||N/A|
|5/10/2013||Q113||($0.35)||($0.30)||$9.47 million||$9.20 million||View||N/A|
|11/13/2012||Q312||($0.68)||($0.39)||$4.12 million||$7.20 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ:HZNP)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ:HZNP)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ:HZNP)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 3.20%Insider Trades by Quarter for Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ:HZNP)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 82.32%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|5/10/2017||Michael G Grey||Director||Buy||10,000||$9.48||$94,800.00|| |
|3/1/2017||Robert Carey||EVP||Sell||31,808||$16.03||$509,882.24|| |
|8/2/2016||Jeffrey W. Sherman||EVP||Sell||2,900||$20.00||$58,000.00|| |
|6/15/2016||Virinder Nohria||Director||Sell||25,000||$17.69||$442,250.00|| |
|2/26/2016||Jeffrey W Sherman||EVP||Sell||4,100||$20.00||$82,000.00|| |
|12/10/2015||Jeffrey W Sherman||EVP||Sell||4,456||$20.00||$89,120.00|| |
|9/21/2015||Jeffrey W Sherman||EVP||Sell||7,750||$31.78||$246,295.00|| |
|7/15/2015||Jeffrey W Sherman||EVP||Sell||26,887||$35.55||$955,832.85|| |
|3/13/2015||Jeff Himawan||Director||Sell||554,564||$22.44||$12,444,416.16|| |
|3/10/2015||Jeff Himawan||Director||Sell||1,614,827||$21.85||$35,283,969.95|| |
|11/19/2014||Jeff Himawan||Director||Sell||3,450,000||$12.05||$41,572,500.00|| |
|11/19/2014||Jeffrey W Sherman||EVP||Sell||24,999||$12.05||$301,237.95|| |
|11/19/2014||Timothy P Walbert||CEO||Sell||150,000||$12.05||$1,807,500.00|| |
|11/13/2014||Balaji Venkataraman||Major Shareholder||Sell||6,086,957||$11.54||$70,243,483.78|| |
|11/13/2014||Virinder Nohria||Director||Sell||1,739,130||$11.54||$20,069,560.20|| |
|9/30/2014||Vaere Robert J De||CFO||Sell||51,942||$12.28||$637,847.76|| |
|5/19/2014||Timothy Walbert||CEO||Sell||31,742||$12.94||$410,741.48|| |
|5/19/2014||Todd Smith||EVP||Sell||10,159||$12.94||$131,457.46|| |
|5/19/2014||Vaere Robert De||CFO||Sell||12,939||$12.94||$167,430.66|| |
|12/13/2013||Jeffrey Bird||Director||Buy||668,673||$6.50||$4,346,374.50|| |
|12/9/2013||Timothy Walbert||CEO||Sell||12,124||$6.79||$82,321.96|| |
|12/9/2013||Todd Smith||EVP||Sell||11,322||$6.91||$78,235.02|| |
|11/21/2013||Jeffrey Bird||Director||Buy||151,089||$6.24||$942,795.36|| |
|9/25/2012||Jeffrey W Bird||Director||Buy||575,356||$3.49||$2,007,992.44|| |
Headline Trends for Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ:HZNP)
Latest Headlines for Horizon Pharma PLC (NASDAQ:HZNP)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Horizon Pharma PLC (HZNP) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017