About LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN)
LivePerson, Inc. provides mobile and online business messaging solutions that power digital communication between brands and consumers. It operates in two segments, Business and Consumer. The Business segment facilitates real-time online interactions, such as chat, voice, and content delivery across multiple channels and screens for corporations of various sizes. The Consumer segment facilitates online transactions between independent service providers and individual consumers seeking information and knowledge via mobile and online messaging. The company offers LiveEngage, an enterprise-class and cloud-based platform, which enables businesses and consumers to connect through conversational interfaces. It also provides professional services and value-added business consulting services. The company sells its products through direct and indirect sales channels to Fortune 500 companies, Internet businesses, online merchants, small to medium-sized businesses, automotive dealers, universities, libraries, government agencies, and not-for-profit organizations. It operates in the United States, Canada, Latin America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia-Pacific regions. LivePerson, Inc. was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in New York, New York.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Prepackaged software
Sub-IndustryInternet Software & Services
SectorComputer and Technology
Trailing P/E Ratio-390.83
Forward P/E Ratio-465.00
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$218.88 million
Price / Sales6.45
Cash Flow$0.2302 per share
Price / Cash101.01
Book Value$2.35 per share
Price / Book9.89
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($0.06)
Return on Equity-2.89%
Return on Assets-1.76%
LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN) Frequently Asked Questions
What is LivePerson's stock symbol?
LivePerson trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "LPSN."
How were LivePerson's earnings last quarter?
LivePerson, Inc. (NASDAQ:LPSN) issued its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, May, 3rd. The technology company reported $0.01 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.00 by $0.01. The technology company earned $58.24 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $57.22 million. LivePerson had a negative return on equity of 2.89% and a negative net margin of 6.95%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was up 14.4% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted $0.01 earnings per share. View LivePerson's Earnings History.
When is LivePerson's next earnings date?
What guidance has LivePerson issued on next quarter's earnings?
LivePerson issued an update on its FY18 earnings guidance on Thursday, May, 3rd. The company provided EPS guidance of $0.11-0.15 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $0.09. The company issued revenue guidance of $239-243 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $239.45 million.LivePerson also updated its Q2 guidance to $0.00-0.01 EPS.
What price target have analysts set for LPSN?
6 equities research analysts have issued 12-month target prices for LivePerson's stock. Their forecasts range from $15.00 to $24.00. On average, they anticipate LivePerson's stock price to reach $19.1667 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for LivePerson.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about LivePerson stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about LivePerson stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "LivePerson, Inc. is the leading provider of mobile and online messaging business solutions, enabling a meaningful connection between brands and consumers. LivePerson opens the new click-to-message ad extension to larger companies by adding three important dimensions. First, it tracks and distributes ad responses to teams that may be across geographies - essential for an ad campaign at a larger scale - and measures the results. LivePerson provides an optional, pay-for-performance team of people who can answer these SMS conversations and can handle many queries itself, or transfer them to in-house representatives where needed. LivePerson enables brands to manage message conversations from many media and communications channels in one solution and one workforce. This lets large advertisers scale without staffing pains, and has been shown to improve conversion rates when deployed. " (6/9/2018)
- 2. LADENBURG THALM/SH SH analysts commented, "We are gaining confidence in the company’s positioning in the large technology shift to messaging. Management reiterated their belief that messaging is the 3rd major wave in technology and is a natural progression from search and social networking. The opportunity is extremely large, at 270 billion 1-800 calls annually (at a company estimated cost of $6 per call) this is over $1 trillion in annual spend. LPSN has built a platform called LiveEngage that allows companies to change the dynamic for interacting with their customers. Management reiterated their belief that they are at least 12-18 months ahead of the competition." (6/6/2018)
Who are some of LivePerson's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to LivePerson include LogMeIn (LOGM), 2U (TWOU), HubSpot (HUBS), Ceridian HCM (CDAY), Blackbaud (BLKB), RealPage (RP), Medidata Solutions (MDSO), Nuance Communications (NUAN), Ellie Mae (ELLI), BOX (BOX), Qualys (QLYS), Coupa Software (COUP), Manhattan Associates (MANH), Paylocity (PCTY) and CommVault Systems (CVLT).
Who are LivePerson's key executives?
LivePerson's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Robert P. LoCascio, Founder, Chairman & CEO (Age 49)
- Mr. Eran Vanounou, Chief Technology Officer (Age 47)
- Ms. Monica L. Greenberg, Exec. VP of Corp. Devel. & Strategic Alliances and Gen. Counsel (Age 49)
- Mr. Daryl J. Carlough, Sr. VP of Global & Corp. Controller (Age 47)
- Mr. Christopher E. Greiner, Chief Financial Officer (Age 42)
Has LivePerson been receiving favorable news coverage?
News headlines about LPSN stock have trended positive recently, Accern Sentiment reports. The research firm rates the sentiment of press coverage by analyzing more than 20 million news and blog sources. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. LivePerson earned a media sentiment score of 0.28 on Accern's scale. They also gave media coverage about the technology company an impact score of 45.60 out of 100, indicating that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock's share price in the next several days.
Who are LivePerson's major shareholders?
LivePerson's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (11.78%), Northern Trust Corp (1.17%), Cortina Asset Management LLC (1.17%), Principal Financial Group Inc. (0.69%), Principal Financial Group Inc. (0.69%) and Polar Asset Management Partners Inc. (0.63%). Company insiders that own LivePerson stock include Daniel Richard Murphy, Daryl Carlough, David Vaskevitch, Dustin Dean, Eran Vanounou, Monica L Greenberg, Peter Block and Robert P Locascio. View Institutional Ownership Trends for LivePerson.
Which institutional investors are selling LivePerson stock?
LPSN stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Millennium Management LLC, Prudential Financial Inc., Wells Fargo & Company MN, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Citigroup Inc., UBS Group AG, Citadel Advisors LLC and Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC. Company insiders that have sold LivePerson company stock in the last year include Daniel Richard Murphy, Daryl Carlough, David Vaskevitch, Dustin Dean, Eran Vanounou, Monica L Greenberg, Peter Block and Robert P Locascio. View Insider Buying and Selling for LivePerson.
Which institutional investors are buying LivePerson stock?
LPSN stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Polar Asset Management Partners Inc., Pier Capital LLC, BlackRock Inc., Mackay Shields LLC, PenderFund Capital Management Ltd., Spark Investment Management LLC, Suffolk Capital Management LLC and Millrace Asset Group Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for LivePerson.
How do I buy shares of LivePerson?
Shares of LPSN can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is LivePerson's stock price today?
One share of LPSN stock can currently be purchased for approximately $23.25.
How big of a company is LivePerson?
LivePerson has a market capitalization of $1.42 billion and generates $218.88 million in revenue each year. The technology company earns $-18,190,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($0.06) on an earnings per share basis. LivePerson employs 981 workers across the globe.
How can I contact LivePerson?
LivePerson's mailing address is 475 10TH AVENUE 5TH FLOOR, NEW YORK NY, 10018. The technology company can be reached via phone at 212-609-4200 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for LivePerson (LPSN)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about LivePerson and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe LPSN will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe LPSN will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.