About Mongodb (NASDAQ:MDB)
MongoDB, Inc. operates as a general purpose database platform worldwide. The company offers MongoDB Enterprise Advanced, a subscription package for enterprise customers to run in the cloud, on-premise, or in a hybrid environment; MongoDB Atlas, a cloud-hosted database-as-a-service solution; and Community Server, a free-to-download version of its database, which includes the functionality that developers need to get started with MongoDB. It also provides professional services, such as consulting and training. The company was formerly known as 10gen, Inc. and changed its name to MongoDB, Inc. in August 2013. MongoDB, Inc. was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in New York, New York.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Prepackaged software
SectorComputer and Technology
Trailing P/E Ratio-33.65
Forward P/E Ratio-26.50
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$154.52 million
Price / Sales19.27
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$3.83 per share
Price / Book15.36
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($1.74)
Return on Equity-112.78%
Return on Assets-22.18%
Mongodb (NASDAQ:MDB) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Mongodb's stock symbol?
Mongodb trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "MDB."
How were Mongodb's earnings last quarter?
Mongodb Inc (NASDAQ:MDB) released its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, June, 6th. The company reported ($0.43) EPS for the quarter, meeting analysts' consensus estimates of ($0.43). The business had revenue of $48.20 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $46.46 million. The firm's revenue for the quarter was up 48.8% on a year-over-year basis. View Mongodb's Earnings History.
What guidance has Mongodb issued on next quarter's earnings?
Mongodb updated its FY19 earnings guidance on Wednesday, June, 6th. The company provided EPS guidance of ($1.62-1.66) for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of ($1.63). The company issued revenue guidance of $217-220 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $214.44 million.Mongodb also updated its Q2 guidance to ($0.46-0.45) EPS.
What price target have analysts set for MDB?
11 brokerages have issued 12 month price objectives for Mongodb's shares. Their forecasts range from $30.00 to $62.00. On average, they anticipate Mongodb's stock price to reach $47.60 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Mongodb.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Mongodb stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Mongodb stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "MongoDB, Inc. provides general purpose database platform. Its products include MongoDB Enterprise Advanced, MongoDB Enterprise for OEM, MongoDB Professional, MongoDB Stitch, MongoDB Atlas, Development Support, Ops Manager, Cloud Manager, Compass, Connector for business intelligence, and Connector for Spark. The company serves financial services, government, healthcare, media and entertainment, retail, technology and telecommunications industries. MongoDB, Inc. is headquartered in New York. " (3/17/2018)
- 2. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "Summary and Recommendation We are initiating coverage of LivePerson, Inc. (LPSN) with a Buy rating and a 12-month price target of $16.50 per share. At a high level, we see LPSN as a thematic play on the shift from desktop to mobile computing, and we believe investors will latch onto the company’s exposure to favorable trends in mobile messaging and the rise of bots. LPSN pioneered the market for real- time business-to-consumer (B2C) chat solutions during the dot-com era, enabling enterprises to provide digital sales and support services via desktop browsers as Internet adoption took hold. With mobile devices now proliferating and messaging apps commanding the greatest usage among consumers, we believe the company is poised to benefit from a new product cycle." (12/13/2017)
Who are some of Mongodb's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Mongodb include Veeva Systems (VEEV), PTC (PTC), Temenos Group (TMNSF), Momo (MOMO), Nutanix (NTNX), Docusign (DOCU), Tyler Technologies (TYL), The Ultimate Software Group (ULTI), Tableau Software Inc Class A (DATA), Trend Micro (TMICY), Micro Focus International (MFGP), Black Knight (BKI), Guidewire Software (GWRE), SINA (SINA) and Paycom Software (PAYC).
Who are Mongodb's key executives?
Mongodb's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Kevin P. Ryan, Co-Founder & Chairman (Age 54)
- Mr. Dev C. Ittycheria, Pres, CEO & Director (Age 51)
- Mr. Eliot Horowitz, Co-Founder, CTO & Director (Age 37)
- Mr. Michael Lawrence Gordon, Chief Financial Officer (Age 48)
- Mr. Carlos Delatorre, Chief Revenue Officer (Age 52)
When did Mongodb IPO?
(MDB) raised $152 million in an IPO on Thursday, October 19th 2017. The company issued 8,000,000 shares at a price of $18.00-$20.00 per share. Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Barclays and Allen & Company served as the underwriters for the IPO and Stifel and Canaccord Genuity JMP Securities were co-managers.
Has Mongodb been receiving favorable news coverage?
News stories about MDB stock have been trending positive this week, according to Accern Sentiment. Accern rates the sentiment of media coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Mongodb earned a news impact score of 0.28 on Accern's scale. They also gave news stories about the company an impact score of 46.51 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock's share price in the near term.
Who are Mongodb's major shareholders?
Mongodb's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include UNION SQUARE VENTURES 2008 LP Total Shares: 3,962,915 (29.80%), UNION SQUARE VENTURES 2008 LPTotal Shares:3,962,915 (29.80%), WHALE ROCK CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC (16.05%), BlackRock Inc. (2.46%), Whale Rock Capital Management LLC (1.10%) and Wells Fargo & Company MN (0.94%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Mongodb.
Which major investors are selling Mongodb stock?
MDB stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Millennium Management LLC, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Royal Bank of Canada, Wells Fargo & Company MN, Penn Capital Management Co. Inc., Principal Financial Group Inc., Principal Financial Group Inc. and Atlantic Trust Group LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Mongodb.
Which major investors are buying Mongodb stock?
MDB stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Whale Rock Capital Management LLC, Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Frontier Capital Management Co. LLC, The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company , Sandler Capital Management and AO Asset Management LP. View Insider Buying and Selling for Mongodb.
How do I buy shares of Mongodb?
Shares of MDB can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Mongodb's stock price today?
One share of MDB stock can currently be purchased for approximately $58.82.
How big of a company is Mongodb?
Mongodb has a market capitalization of $3.00 billion and generates $154.52 million in revenue each year. The company earns $-96,350,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($1.74) on an earnings per share basis. Mongodb employs 962 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Mongodb?
Mongodb's mailing address is 229 W. 43RD STREET 5TH FLOOR, NEW YORK NY, 10036. The company can be reached via phone at 646-727-4092.
MarketBeat Community Rating for Mongodb (MDB)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Mongodb and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe MDB will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe MDB will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.