Marvell Technology Group Ltd. is a semiconductor provider of application-specific standard products. The Company is engaged in the design, development and sale of integrated circuits. The Company develops System-on-a-Chip (SoC) devices. It also develops integrated hardware platforms along with software that incorporates digital computing technologies designed and configured to provide an optimized computing solution. Its product portfolio includes devices for storage, networking and connectivity. In storage, it is engaged in data storage controller solutions spanning consumer, mobile, desktop and enterprise markets. Its storage solutions enable customers to engineer products for hard disk drives and solid state drives. Its networking products address end markets in cloud, enterprise, small and medium business and service provider networks. The Company's connectivity products address end markets in consumer, enterprise, desktop, service provider networks and automotive.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Semiconductor - Integrated Circuits
- Sub-Industry: Semiconductors
- Symbol: NASDAQ:MRVL
- CUSIP: G5876H10
- Web: www.marvell.com
- Market Cap: $8.9 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 503,790,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $15.44
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $15.04
- 52 Week Range: $9.05 - $17.76
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 59.70
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 15.37
- P/E Growth: 1.07
- Annual Revenue: $2.38 billion
- Price / Sales: 3.74
- Book Value: $7.86 per share
- Price / Book: 2.25
- Annual Dividend: $0.24
- Dividend Yield: 1.4%
- EBIDTA: $437.69 million
- Net Margins: 4.33%
- Return on Equity: 3.28%
- Return on Assets: 2.75%
- Current Ratio: 4.49%
- Quick Ratio: 4.10%
- Average Volume: 6.98 million shs.
- Beta: 1.11
- Short Ratio: 1
Frequently Asked Questions for Marvell Technology Group (NASDAQ:MRVL)
What is Marvell Technology Group's stock symbol?
Marvell Technology Group trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "MRVL."
How often does Marvell Technology Group pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Marvell Technology Group?
Marvell Technology Group declared a quarterly dividend on Thursday, March 16th. Stockholders of record on Tuesday, April 4th will be paid a dividend of $0.06 per share on Thursday, April 20th. This represents a $0.24 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 1.36%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Friday, March 31st. View Marvell Technology Group's Dividend History.
How were Marvell Technology Group's earnings last quarter?
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL) announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, May, 25th. The company reported $0.20 EPS for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.16 by $0.04. The business earned $579.18 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $570.72 million. Marvell Technology Group had a return on equity of 3.28% and a net margin of 4.33%. Marvell Technology Group's revenue for the quarter was up 11.5% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm earned $0.01 EPS. View Marvell Technology Group's Earnings History.
What guidance has Marvell Technology Group issued on next quarter's earnings?
Marvell Technology Group updated its second quarter earnings guidance on Thursday, May, 25th. The company provided earnings per share (EPS) guidance of $0.26-0.30 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of $0.25. The company issued revenue guidance of $585-615 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $591.97 million.
Where is Marvell Technology Group's stock going? Where will Marvell Technology Group's stock price be in 2017?
23 equities research analysts have issued 12 month price objectives for Marvell Technology Group's shares. Their forecasts range from $11.00 to $23.00. On average, they expect Marvell Technology Group's share price to reach $17.58 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Marvell Technology Group.
What are analysts saying about Marvell Technology Group stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Marvell Technology Group stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Marvell reported stellar first-quarter fiscal 2018 results and provided an encouraging second-quarter guidance. The stock has outperformed the broader industry over the last one-year. Though the macro headwinds and stringent regulations might put the company's financials under pressure in the near term, we believe that the strong demand for Marvell’s 4G LTE products could be a growth driver. This will be supported by growth from the company’s wide range of newly-launched IoT solutions. Also, the company’s recent restructuring initiative will help Marvell improve cloud infrastructure and applications, which are expected to drive the company’s top line. The latest buyback scheme also reflects the company’s sound financial position. However, competition in the semiconductor market from major players such as Intel and Texas Instruments is a headwind." (5/26/2017)
- 2. Loop Capital analysts commented, "We attended Marvell Technology Group, LTD’s (MRVL) first ever analyst day in NYC on Friday, March 10 and despite the inclement weather it was very well attended. MRVL remains one of our favorite mid-cap ideas for 2017 and we came away from the analyst day with increased confidence in the story. We believe management hit all the right notes outlining the revenue growth drivers across the breadth of its businesses, levers in the model to drive continued improvements to GM and OM, and a solid capital allocation strategy. In addition to MRVL providing a much anticipated long-term model, MRVL guided full year F2018 revenue outlook to be up slightly YoY vs. the Street estimate of down -1% YoY and pulled in and tightened the range for both pro forma gross margin and OpEx in F2018." (3/16/2017)
- 3. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "Following Marvell's inaugural analyst day, in which management laid out its strategy to grow revenue, further streamline operations and increase capital returns to shareholders, we are upgrading our rating to Buy from Hold and establishing a $21 PT. We are fans of the new management team, assembled from a variety of industry leaders. We believe MRVL can drive growth in its core storage, networking and connectivity markets through share gains, targeting market transitions and entering new market segments. NG EPS should continue to increase over the next three years as management drives the business toward its new 30% OM and 30% FCF margin targets. Lastly, we believe increasing capital returns to shareholders coupled with the potential for accretive M&A further enhance potential upside in MRVL shares." (3/13/2017)
- 4. Cowen and Company analysts commented, "MRVL's first ever analyst day delivered on LT (C2019) financial model consistent with our $1.40 GAAP, while also highlighting better growth potential in the core biz and potential optionality around M&A (MLNX?). Given this new model (which is still conservative), we see a clear path to at least low $20's and raise our target from $20 to $21. Remains top idea in semis." (3/13/2017)
- 5. Citigroup Inc analysts commented, "While new management team has done a good job in pruning low margin wireless biz and lowering opex amidst better than expected HDD storage demand, stock looks expensive in our view. We wait for core storage biz to show share stability and company to return to Y/Y revenue growth before turning constructive on the stock. MRVL trades at 14x P/E or above WDC/STX 10x on C18 EPS and in-line with storage + networking peer. On EV/FCF basis, MRVL trades at 17x or above WDC/STX 10x and peer 15x. MRVL will host analyst day on Mar 10th in NY next week. We expect company to discuss its growth and capital return strategy. Buy side expectations appear high with L/T financial model of 65% GM /30% OM vs. recent 60% / 20% performance." (3/6/2017)
Are investors shorting Marvell Technology Group?
Marvell Technology Group saw a drop in short interest in the month of April. As of April 13th, there was short interest totalling 5,012,526 shares, a drop of 4.0% from the March 31st total of 5,219,964 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 7,630,552 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is presently 0.7 days.
Who are some of Marvell Technology Group's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Marvell Technology Group include Xilinx (XLNX), Semiconductor Manufacturing Int'l (SMI), Microsemi (MSCC), Silicon Laboratories (SLAB), Amkor Technology (AMKR), Semtech (SMTC), Tower Semiconductor (TSEM), MaxLinear (MXL), Power Integrations (POWI), Cabot Microelectronics (CCMP), Applied Optoelectronics (AAOI), Diodes Incorporated (DIOD), Sequans Communications SA (SQNS), Electro Scientific Industries (ESIO), EMCORE (EMKR), DSP Group (DSPG), AXT (AXTI) and Pixelworks (PXLW).
Who are Marvell Technology Group's key executives?
Marvell Technology Group's management team includes the folowing people:
- Richard S. Hill, Independent Chairman of the Board, Interim Principal Executive Officer
- Matthew J. Murphy, President, Director
- Jean X. Hu, Chief Financial Officer
- Andrew Joseph Micallef, Chief Operating Officer
- Thomas F. Lagatta, Executive Vice President - Worldwide Sales and Marketing
- Mitchell L. Gaynor, Executive Vice President, Chief Legal Officer, and Secretary
- Pantelis Alexopoulos, Executive Vice President
- Maya Strelar-Migotti, Executive Vice President - Smart Networked Devices and Solutions Business Group
- Willem A. Meintjes, Senior Vice President - Finance
- Gary Ignatin, Senior Vice President - Corporate Development
Who owns Marvell Technology Group stock?
Marvell Technology Group's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Vanguard Group Inc. (6.35%), BlackRock Inc. (4.84%), FMR LLC (4.20%), State Street Corp (1.96%), UBS Asset Management Americas Inc. (1.73%) and Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.55%). Company insiders that own Marvell Technology Group stock include Sehat Sutardja and Zining Wu. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Marvell Technology Group.
Who sold Marvell Technology Group stock? Who is selling Marvell Technology Group stock?
Marvell Technology Group's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Jericho Capital Asset Management L.P., Renaissance Technologies LLC, Glenview Capital Management LLC, AQR Capital Management LLC, Teachers Advisors LLC, American Century Companies Inc. and Hotchkis & Wiley Capital Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Marvell Technology Group.
Who bought Marvell Technology Group stock? Who is buying Marvell Technology Group stock?
Marvell Technology Group's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., UBS Asset Management Americas Inc., TimesSquare Capital Management LLC, Victory Capital Management Inc., MARSHALL WACE ASIA Ltd, Marshall Wace North America L.P., AXA and Russell Investments Group Ltd.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Marvell Technology Group.
How do I buy Marvell Technology Group stock?
Shares of Marvell Technology Group can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Marvell Technology Group's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Marvell Technology Group (NASDAQ MRVL)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Marvell Technology Group and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Marvell Technology Group stock can currently be purchased for approximately $17.67.
Earnings History for Marvell Technology Group (NASDAQ:MRVL)Earnings History by Quarter for Marvell Technology Group (NASDAQ:MRVL)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/25/2017||Q1||$0.16||$0.20||$570.72 million||$579.18 million||View||N/A|
|3/2/2017||1/31/2017||$0.19||$0.22||$567.68 million||$571.40 million||View||Listen|
|11/17/2016||Q317||$0.12||$0.20||$615.66 million||$654.00 million||View||Listen|
|9/6/2016||Q217||$0.11||$0.18||$629.96 million||$626.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/27/2016||Q316||$0.07||$0.01||$652.65 million||$540.82 million||View||Listen|
|12/7/2015||Q3 16||$0.13||$0.05||$725.08 million||$674.06 million||View||N/A|
|9/11/2015||Q216||$0.11||($0.74)||$723.55 million||$711.33 million||View||N/A|
|5/21/2015||Q116||$0.05||$0.13||$727.25 million||$724.29 million||View||Listen|
|2/19/2015||Q415||$0.24||$0.25||$889.90 million||$857.00 million||View||Listen|
|11/20/2014||Q315||$0.29||$0.29||$976.10 million||$930.10 million||View||Listen|
|8/21/2014||Q215||$0.28||$0.34||$961.56 million||$961.50 million||View||Listen|
|5/22/2014||Q115||$0.22||$0.27||$892.25 million||$957.83 million||View||Listen|
|2/20/2014||Q414||$0.25||$0.29||$901.13 million||$931.70 million||View||Listen|
|11/21/2013||Q3||$0.25||$0.32||$872.80 million||$931.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/22/2013||Q2 2014||$0.19||$0.23||$791.30 million||$807.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/23/2013||Q1 2014||$0.14||$0.19||$721.55 million||$734.40 million||View||Listen|
|2/21/2013||Q4 2013||$0.13||$0.19||$720.89 million||$775.30 million||View||Listen|
|11/15/2012||Q312||$0.20||$0.20||$774.20 million||$781.00 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Marvell Technology Group (NASDAQ:MRVL)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.22
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.69
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Marvell Technology Group (NASDAQ:MRVL)
|Most Recent Dividend:||4/20/2017|
|Payout Ratio:||114.29% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
23.76% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
20.87% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Marvell Technology Group (NASDAQ:MRVL)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Marvell Technology Group (NASDAQ:MRVL)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 20.60%Insider Trades by Quarter for Marvell Technology Group (NASDAQ:MRVL)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 73.41%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|11/30/2016||Sehat Sutardja||Major Shareholder||Sell||181,135||$14.48||$2,622,834.80|| |
|11/29/2016||Sehat Sutardja||Major Shareholder||Sell||39,506||$14.45||$570,861.70|| |
|6/23/2015||Zining Wu||CTO||Sell||51,312||$14.51||$744,537.12|| |
|7/15/2014||Michael Rashkin||CFO||Sell||4,324||$14.07||$60,838.68|| |
|4/2/2014||Zining Wu||Insider||Sell||17,398||$16.23||$282,369.54|| |
|1/10/2014||Pantas Sutardja||VP||Sell||197,000||$15.31||$3,016,070.00|| |
|1/2/2014||Pantas Sutardja||VP||Sell||120,000||$14.18||$1,701,600.00|| |
|12/19/2013||Pantas Sutardja||VP||Sell||260,104||$13.47||$3,503,600.88|| |
|12/17/2013||Pantas Sutardja||VP||Sell||284,500||$13.69||$3,894,805.00|| |
|12/11/2013||Pantas Sutardja||VP||Sell||494,700||$13.50||$6,678,450.00|| |
|12/6/2013||Pantas Sutardja||VP||Sell||199,086||$14.21||$2,829,012.06|| |
|12/3/2013||Brad Feller||CFO||Sell||40,000||$14.07||$562,800.00|| |
|12/3/2013||Pantas Sutardja||VP||Sell||227,600||$14.20||$3,231,920.00|| |
|9/20/2013||Pantas Sutardja||VP||Sell||18,900||$12.73||$240,597.00|| |
|9/18/2013||Pantas Sutardja||VP||Sell||363,200||$12.74||$4,627,168.00|| |
|9/11/2013||Pantas Sutardja||VP||Sell||376,742||$12.81||$4,826,065.02|| |
Headline Trends for Marvell Technology Group (NASDAQ:MRVL)
Latest Headlines for Marvell Technology Group (NASDAQ:MRVL)
Marvell Technology Group (MRVL) Chart for Monday, May, 29, 2017