Mylan N.V. is a global pharmaceutical company. The Company develops, licenses, manufactures, markets and distributes generic and branded generic products for resale by others; specialty pharmaceuticals, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). It operates through two segments: Generics and Specialty. Its Generics segment primarily develops, manufactures, sells and distributes generic or branded generic pharmaceutical products in tablet, capsule, injectable, transdermal patch, gel, cream or ointment form, as well as API. Its Specialty segment is focused on respiratory and allergy therapies. The EpiPen Auto-Injector, which is used in the treatment of severe allergic reactions, is an epinephrine auto-injector. Its Perforomist Inhalation Solution is a long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist indicated for the maintenance treatment of bronchoconstriction in chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD) patients. The Company also markets ULTIVA, which is an analgesic agent.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Drugs - Generic
- Sub-Industry: Pharmaceuticals
- Symbol: NASDAQ:MYL
- CUSIP: 62853010
- Web: www.mylan.com
- Market Cap: $21.22 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 535,950,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $38.08
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $38.81
- 52 Week Range: $33.60 - $50.40
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 39.55
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 6.98
- P/E Growth: 0.88
- Annual Revenue: $11.61 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.83
- Book Value: $21.75 per share
- Price / Book: 1.82
- EBIDTA: $3.8 billion
- Net Margins: 2.50%
- Return on Equity: 22.04%
- Return on Assets: 8.43%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.10%
- Current Ratio: 0.83%
- Quick Ratio: 0.55%
- Average Volume: 5.76 million shs.
- Beta: 1.14
- Short Ratio: 3.67
Frequently Asked Questions for Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL)
What is Mylan's stock symbol?
Mylan trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "MYL."
How were Mylan's earnings last quarter?
Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL) released its earnings results on Wednesday, May, 10th. The company reported $0.93 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.92 by $0.01. The firm had revenue of $2.72 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $2.81 billion. Mylan had a return on equity of 22.04% and a net margin of 2.50%. The company's revenue for the quarter was up 24.1% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted $0.76 EPS. View Mylan's Earnings History.
What guidance has Mylan issued on next quarter's earnings?
Mylan issued an update on its FY17 earnings guidance on Wednesday, March, 1st. The company provided earnings per share (EPS) guidance of $5.15-5.55 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus EPS estimate of $5.35. The company issued revenue guidance of +17% to $12.25-13.75 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $12.64 billion.
Where is Mylan's stock going? Where will Mylan's stock price be in 2017?
20 equities research analysts have issued 1 year price targets for Mylan's stock. Their predictions range from $40.00 to $70.00. On average, they expect Mylan's share price to reach $51.88 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Mylan.
What are analysts saying about Mylan stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Mylan stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Mylan’s first-quarter results beat on earnings but missed the top line due to decline in EpiPen sales as a result of increased competition and entry of generics. Pricing continues to impact results and the company projects mid-single digit price erosion globally for the year. In addition, the company recent suffered a few setbacks. Mylan received a complete response letter from the FDA regarding its ANDA for the generic version of asthma drug Advair Diskus. In Apr 2017, Mylan received a warning letter from the FDA for its manufacturing facility in India. The FDA cited significant violations of current good manufacturing practice (CGMP) regulations for finished pharmaceuticals in the warning letter. The violations relate to the agency’s inspection in Sep 2016 and even though the company had responded to the same, the agency deemed them inadequate. Nevertheless, shares of Mylan have outperformed the industry in the last six months." (5/15/2017)
- 2. Mizuho analysts commented, "We were previously modeling 2017 generic Advair sales of $150M ramping to peak sales of $363M in 2020. Without the 2017 contribution we would still fall generally in line with consensus revenue estimates for 2017 (~$12.7B), which is below the mid-point of the guidance range of $12.25-13.75B. It is unclear if Mylan can get its product to the market before year end so it may be more conservative to exclude it for now, though we continue to anticipate its launch next year. While the limited visibility provided on this product may be frustrating to investors, we think that the magnitude of the stock reaction creates a buying opportunity given the small overall contribution from this generic in the near-term. We therefore reiterate our Buy rating and $53 PT. Next Advair-related event: Hikma/Vectura has a May 10 GDUFA date for their own generic Advair, and Hikma indicated that it will be ready to launch immediately after approval. Unlike Mylan’s product, which is hoped to be an AB-rated generic, but also one with brand recognition, Hikma’s generic will not be marketed under a brand name. Hikma mgmt has indicated that its Advair generic will make up the majority of its $120M new-launch guidance in 2017 (assuming one other competitor in the market)." (3/30/2017)
- 3. Royal Bank of Canada analysts commented, "MYL reported 4Q today and hosted what we thought was an upbeat 2017 Investor Day showcasing an impressive pipeline. While overall performance remains stable avoiding headwinds felt by smaller peers, 2017 EPS and stock upside will be linked to a few key approvals along with business development. No change to Sector Perform rating but our price target moves up to $48 on higher EPS...First time 2017 guidance was favorable but there are a lot of moving parts to consider. We said going in that an ambitious 2017 outlook wouldn't be enough unless it came with a solid 4Q result. While visibility into specific 4Q drivers was not as high as we would like, it did provide some comfort around MYL's overall stability in a challenging generic environment. The 2017 guidance range of $5.15 to $5.55 captured consensus and helped drive the +7% move in the stock today, but focus will now shift to several important drivers to get there. As we suspected, that range includes risk-adjusted generic Advair, generic Copaxone 20/40mg as well as some incremental business development. Epipen profit impact was quantified and the driver of the slight gross margin moderation. Our new forecasts for 2017-19E move higher and are now $5.30, $5.75 and $6.12 (the $6.00 MYL EPS target in 2018E remains). Based on our new 2018 EBITDA, MYL trades at 9.1x EV/EBITDA - above historical pre-2014 levels." (3/2/2017)
Are investors shorting Mylan?
Mylan saw a increase in short interest during the month of April. As of April 28th, there was short interest totalling 17,975,806 shares, an increase of 8.3% from the April 13th total of 16,590,546 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 4,284,257 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 4.2 days. Approximately 3.6% of the company's shares are sold short.
Who are some of Mylan's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Mylan include Zoetis (ZTS), Hospira (HSP), Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX), Catalent (CTLT), Akorn (AKRX), Mallinckrodt PLC (MNK), The Medicines Company (MDCO), Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD), Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX), Supernus Pharmaceuticals (SUPN), Horizon Pharma PLC (HZNP), Diplomat Pharmacy (DPLO), Eagle Pharmaceuticals (EGRX), Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA), Lannett Company (LCI), Flexion Therapeutics (FLXN), Versartis (VSAR) and Karyopharm Therapeutics (KPTI).
Who owns Mylan stock?
Mylan's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Wellington Management Group LLP (8.66%), BlackRock Inc. (7.25%), Vanguard Group Inc. (5.48%), State Street Corp (3.77%), Pzena Investment Management LLC (1.36%) and FIL Ltd (0.92%). Company insiders that own Mylan stock include Heather M Bresch, John D Sheehan, Joseph C Md Maroon, Laboratories Abbott, Mark W Parrish, Melina E Higgins, Robert J Cindrich, Robert J Coury and Wendy Cameron. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Mylan.
Who sold Mylan stock? Who is selling Mylan stock?
Mylan's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Bank of New York Mellon Corp, FMR LLC, State Treasurer State of Michigan, Credit Agricole S A, AQR Capital Management LLC, Teacher Retirement System of Texas, Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC and Wells Fargo & Company MN. Company insiders that have sold Mylan stock in the last year include Heather M Bresch and Laboratories Abbott. View Insider Buying and Selling for Mylan.
Who bought Mylan stock? Who is buying Mylan stock?
Mylan's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Pzena Investment Management LLC, TIAA CREF Investment Management LLC, Morgan Stanley, Wellington Management Group LLP, Teachers Advisors LLC, Vanguard Group Inc. and Menora Mivtachim Holdings LTD.. Company insiders that have bought Mylan stock in the last two years include Joseph C Md Maroon, Mark W Parrish, Melina E Higgins, Robert J Cindrich and Wendy Cameron. View Insider Buying and Selling for Mylan.
How do I buy Mylan stock?
Shares of Mylan can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Mylan stock cost?
One share of Mylan stock can currently be purchased for approximately $39.59.
Earnings History for Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL)Earnings History by Quarter for Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/10/2017||Q1 17||$0.92||$0.93||$2.81 billion||$2.72 billion||View||N/A|
|3/1/2017||Q4 2016||$1.42||$1.57||$3.18 billion||$3.27 billion||View||N/A|
|11/9/2016||Q3 2016||$1.50||$1.38||$3.12 billion||$3.06 billion||View||Listen|
|8/9/2016||Q216||$1.13||$1.16||$2.58 billion||$2.56 billion||View||N/A|
|5/3/2016||Q116||$0.74||$0.76||$2.23 billion||$2.19 billion||View||N/A|
|2/10/2016||Q415||$1.27||$1.22||$2.71 billion||$2.49 billion||View||Listen|
|10/30/2015||Q315||$1.38||$1.43||$2.79 billion||$2.71 billion||View||Listen|
|8/6/2015||Q215||$0.89||$0.91||$2.39 billion||$2.37 million||View||N/A|
|5/5/2015||Q115||$0.70||$0.70||$2.22 billion||$1.87 billion||View||Listen|
|3/2/2015||Q414||$1.05||$1.05||$2.07 billion||$2.08 billion||View||Listen|
|10/30/2014||Q314||$1.14||$1.16||$2.06 billion||$2.08 billion||View||N/A|
|8/7/2014||Q214||$0.70||$0.69||$1.88 billion||$1.84 billion||View||N/A|
|5/1/2014||Q114||$0.63||$0.66||$1.80 billion||$1.72 billion||View||N/A|
|2/27/2014||Q413||$0.75||$0.78||$1.81 billion||$1.81 billion||View||N/A|
|10/31/2013||Q313||$0.79||$0.82||$1.84 billion||$1.77 billion||View||N/A|
|8/1/2013||Q2 2013||$0.67||$0.68||$1.73 billion||$1.70 billion||View||N/A|
|5/2/2013||Q1 2013||$0.62||$0.62||$1.69 billion||$1.63 billion||View||N/A|
|2/27/2013||Q4 2012||$0.64||$0.65||$1.73 billion||$1.72 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $5.17 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $5.67 EPS
Dividend History for Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.71%Insider Trades by Quarter for Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 60.89%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|3/23/2017||Laboratories Abbott||Major Shareholder||Sell||44,000,000||$41.60||$1,830,400,000.00|| |
|8/9/2016||Heather M Bresch||CEO||Sell||100,200||$50.00||$5,010,000.00|| |
|6/3/2016||Joseph C Md Maroon||Director||Buy||1,670||$44.95||$75,066.50|| |
|5/25/2016||Robert J Cindrich||Director||Buy||1,190||$42.47||$50,539.30|| |
|5/12/2016||Melina E Higgins||Director||Buy||19,900||$38.68||$769,732.00|| |
|5/6/2016||Melina E Higgins||Director||Buy||100||$38.69||$3,869.00|| |
|4/28/2016||Melina E Higgins||Director||Buy||35,000||$42.92||$1,502,200.00|| |
|4/5/2016||Robert J Coury||Chairman||Sell||217,755||$45.96||$10,008,019.80|| |
|3/31/2016||Joseph C Md Maroon||Director||Buy||4,337||$46.36||$201,063.32|| |
|3/17/2016||Mark W Parrish||Director||Buy||1,705||$44.00||$75,020.00|| |
|3/8/2016||Wendy Cameron||Director||Buy||2,190||$45.69||$100,061.10|| |
|3/3/2016||Robert J Cindrich||Director||Buy||2,187||$45.83||$100,230.21|| |
|12/17/2015||John D. Sheehan||CFO||Sell||34,579||$55.03||$1,902,882.37|| |
|6/15/2015||Melina E Higgins||Director||Sell||8,351||$73.08||$610,291.08|| |
|2/3/2015||Anthony Mauro||Insider||Sell||13,255||$53.15||$704,503.25|| |
|2/3/2015||Heather M Bresch||CEO||Sell||411,996||$53.15||$21,897,587.40|| |
|2/3/2015||Rajiv Malik||President||Sell||285,394||$53.15||$15,168,691.10|| |
|2/3/2015||Robert J Coury||Chairman||Sell||947,119||$52.55||$49,771,103.45|| |
|2/3/2015||Rodney L Piatt||Director||Sell||46,000||$53.15||$2,444,900.00|| |
|11/26/2014||John D Sheehan||CFO||Sell||19,475||$57.50||$1,119,812.50|| |
|11/25/2014||Heather M Bresch||CEO||Sell||100,000||$55.80||$5,580,000.00|| |
|11/25/2014||Rajiv Malik||President||Sell||120,000||$55.78||$6,693,600.00|| |
|11/25/2014||Robert J Coury||Chairman||Sell||165,700||$55.78||$9,242,746.00|| |
|11/24/2014||Heather M Bresch||CEO||Sell||80,222||$55.86||$4,481,200.92|| |
|11/24/2014||Rajiv Malik||President||Sell||84,300||$55.86||$4,708,998.00|| |
|11/24/2014||Robert J Coury||Chairman||Sell||105,800||$55.88||$5,912,104.00|| |
|11/7/2014||Melina E Higgins||Director||Buy||14,000||$52.45||$734,300.00|| |
|9/18/2014||Neil F Dimick||Director||Sell||5,432||$48.26||$262,148.32|| |
|6/19/2014||Neil F Dimick||Director||Sell||5,432||$50.81||$275,999.92|| |
|4/22/2014||Rajiv Malik||President||Sell||80,000||$50.00||$4,000,000.00|| |
|4/14/2014||Heather Bresch||CEO||Sell||75,000||$46.07||$3,455,250.00|| |
|3/20/2014||Neil Dimick||Director||Sell||5,813||$53.08||$308,554.04|| |
|3/14/2014||C Todd||Director||Sell||10,000||$53.00||$530,000.00|| |
|3/6/2014||Harry Korman||COO||Sell||31,970||$54.54||$1,743,643.80|| |
|3/3/2014||Anthony Mauro||Insider||Sell||20,000||$54.81||$1,096,200.00|| |
|3/3/2014||Daniel Rizzo, Jr.||CAO||Sell||8,003||$55.50||$444,166.50|| |
|3/3/2014||Douglas Leech||Director||Sell||10,000||$55.40||$554,000.00|| |
|1/2/2014||Neil Dimick||Director||Sell||5,813||$43.15||$250,830.95|| |
|12/19/2013||Rodney Piatt||Director||Sell||10,000||$41.84||$418,400.00|| |
|12/12/2013||Daniel Rizzo, Jr.||CAO||Sell||70,683||$42.04||$2,971,513.32|| |
|12/12/2013||Melina Higgins||Director||Buy||5,000||$42.03||$210,150.00|| |
|9/6/2013||Heather M Bresch||CEO||Sell||160,000||$35.35||$5,656,000.00|| |
|6/3/2013||Neil F Dimick||Director||Sell||19,994||$30.51||$610,016.94|| |
|11/27/2012||Daniel C Rizzo Jr||CAO||Sell||161,124||$27.28||$4,395,462.72|| |
|11/2/2012||Douglas J Leech||Director||Sell||44,280||$25.94||$1,148,623.20|| |
|11/1/2012||Anthony Mauro||Insider||Sell||12,301||$25.79||$317,242.79|| |
|10/5/2012||Anthony Mauro||Insider||Sell||12,296||$24.84||$305,432.64|| |
Headline Trends for Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL)
Latest Headlines for Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL)
Mylan (MYL) Chart for Wednesday, May, 24, 2017