About Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL)
Mylan N.V. is a global pharmaceutical company. The Company develops, licenses, manufactures, markets and distributes generic and branded generic products for resale by others; specialty pharmaceuticals, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). It operates through two segments: Generics and Specialty. Its Generics segment primarily develops, manufactures, sells and distributes generic or branded generic pharmaceutical products in tablet, capsule, injectable, transdermal patch, gel, cream or ointment form, as well as API. Its Specialty segment is focused on respiratory and allergy therapies. The EpiPen Auto-Injector, which is used in the treatment of severe allergic reactions, is an epinephrine auto-injector. Its Perforomist Inhalation Solution is a long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist indicated for the maintenance treatment of bronchoconstriction in chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD) patients. The Company also markets ULTIVA, which is an analgesic agent.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Drugs - Generic
Trailing P/E Ratio8.62
Forward P/E Ratio8.89
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$11.08 billion
Price / Sales1.96
Cash Flow$7.60 per share
Price / Cash5.33
Book Value$20.78 per share
Price / Book1.95
Net Income$480 million
Return on Equity20.63%
Return on Assets7.19%
Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Mylan's stock symbol?
Mylan trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "MYL."
How were Mylan's earnings last quarter?
Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL) issued its earnings results on Monday, November, 6th. The company reported $1.10 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $1.20 by $0.10. The business had revenue of $2.99 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $3.09 billion. Mylan had a return on equity of 20.63% and a net margin of 7.28%. Mylan's revenue was down 2.3% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the business posted $1.38 EPS. View Mylan's Earnings History.
When will Mylan make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Mylan issued on next quarter's earnings?
Mylan issued an update on its FY18 earnings guidance on Monday, November, 6th. The company provided EPS guidance of $5.40 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $5.33. Mylan also updated its FY17 guidance to $4.45-4.70 EPS.
Where is Mylan's stock going? Where will Mylan's stock price be in 2017?
17 equities research analysts have issued 12-month price objectives for Mylan's stock. Their forecasts range from $29.39 to $59.00. On average, they expect Mylan's stock price to reach $42.09 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Mylan.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Mylan stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Mylan stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Mylan’s third-quarter results were dismal as the company missed on both earnings and sales estimates due to ongoing challenges in North America. The quarter experienced an accelerated decline in EpiPen sales due to the launch of an authorized generic as well as the contraction of the overall epinephrine auto-injector market. In a major boost, Mylan received FDA approval for a generic version of Copaxone 40mg. The company being one of the first filers, will also enjoy 180 days of exclusivity. However, the complete response letter from the FDA regarding its abbreviated new drug application ANDA for the generic version of asthma drug Advair Diskus was a setback. The FDA Committee had unanimously recommended the approval of biosimilar version of Herceptin. However, the anticipated FDA goal date set under the Biosimilar User Fee Act was deferred to December from September 2017. Shares have performed better than the industry so far in 2017." (11/8/2017)
- 2. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "News outlets today reported State attorney generals are seeking to sue Mylan’s president and executive director, Rajiv Malik, as part of a civil investigation, according to Connecticut Attorney General George Jepsen." (10/31/2017)
- 3. Argus analysts commented, "junior version" (8/22/2017)
- 4. Mizuho analysts commented, "We were previously modeling 2017 generic Advair sales of $150M ramping to peak sales of $363M in 2020. Without the 2017 contribution we would still fall generally in line with consensus revenue estimates for 2017 (~$12.7B), which is below the mid-point of the guidance range of $12.25-13.75B. It is unclear if Mylan can get its product to the market before year end so it may be more conservative to exclude it for now, though we continue to anticipate its launch next year. While the limited visibility provided on this product may be frustrating to investors, we think that the magnitude of the stock reaction creates a buying opportunity given the small overall contribution from this generic in the near-term. We therefore reiterate our Buy rating and $53 PT. Next Advair-related event: Hikma/Vectura has a May 10 GDUFA date for their own generic Advair, and Hikma indicated that it will be ready to launch immediately after approval. Unlike Mylan’s product, which is hoped to be an AB-rated generic, but also one with brand recognition, Hikma’s generic will not be marketed under a brand name. Hikma mgmt has indicated that its Advair generic will make up the majority of its $120M new-launch guidance in 2017 (assuming one other competitor in the market)." (3/30/2017)
- 5. Royal Bank of Canada analysts commented, "MYL reported 4Q today and hosted what we thought was an upbeat 2017 Investor Day showcasing an impressive pipeline. While overall performance remains stable avoiding headwinds felt by smaller peers, 2017 EPS and stock upside will be linked to a few key approvals along with business development. No change to Sector Perform rating but our price target moves up to $48 on higher EPS...First time 2017 guidance was favorable but there are a lot of moving parts to consider. We said going in that an ambitious 2017 outlook wouldn't be enough unless it came with a solid 4Q result. While visibility into specific 4Q drivers was not as high as we would like, it did provide some comfort around MYL's overall stability in a challenging generic environment. The 2017 guidance range of $5.15 to $5.55 captured consensus and helped drive the +7% move in the stock today, but focus will now shift to several important drivers to get there. As we suspected, that range includes risk-adjusted generic Advair, generic Copaxone 20/40mg as well as some incremental business development. Epipen profit impact was quantified and the driver of the slight gross margin moderation. Our new forecasts for 2017-19E move higher and are now $5.30, $5.75 and $6.12 (the $6.00 MYL EPS target in 2018E remains). Based on our new 2018 EBITDA, MYL trades at 9.1x EV/EBITDA - above historical pre-2014 levels." (3/2/2017)
Are investors shorting Mylan?
Mylan saw a decline in short interest in November. As of November 30th, there was short interest totalling 21,122,199 shares, a decline of 12.6% from the November 15th total of 24,179,923 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 5,331,193 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is currently 4.0 days. Approximately 4.2% of the company's stock are short sold.
Who are some of Mylan's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Mylan include Takeda Pharmaceutical (TKPYY), FRESENIUS SE&CO (FSNUY), Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN), Intuitive Surgical (ISRG), Express Scripts (ESRX), Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX), Humana (HUM), Baxter International (BAX), McKesson (MCK), Illumina (ILMN), Fresenius Medical Care (FMS), Actelion (ALIOF), Essilor International (ESLOY), Astellas Pharma (ALPMY), Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN), C.R. Bard (BCR), Cerner (CERN) and Incyte (INCY).
Who owns Mylan stock?
Mylan's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Pzena Investment Management LLC (4.24%), Greenlight Capital Inc. (2.00%), Migdal Insurance & Financial Holdings Ltd. (1.18%), Bank of New York Mellon Corp (0.76%), Menora Mivtachim Holdings LTD. (0.69%) and Orbimed Advisors LLC (0.67%). Company insiders that own Mylan stock include Anthony Mauro, Heather M Bresch, John D Sheehan, Joseph C Md Maroon, Laboratories Abbott, Mark W Parrish, Melina E Higgins, Rajiv Malik, Robert J Cindrich, Robert J Coury and Wendy Cameron. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Mylan.
Who sold Mylan stock? Who is selling Mylan stock?
Mylan's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Clal Insurance Enterprises Holdings Ltd, Migdal Insurance & Financial Holdings Ltd., Prudential Financial Inc., Teacher Retirement System of Texas, Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC, BRITISH COLUMBIA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT Corp, Caisse DE Depot ET Placement DU Quebec and HM Payson & Co.. Company insiders that have sold Mylan company stock in the last year include Anthony Mauro, Laboratories Abbott and Rajiv Malik. View Insider Buying and Selling for Mylan.
Who bought Mylan stock? Who is buying Mylan stock?
Mylan's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Pzena Investment Management LLC, Schroder Investment Management Group, Russell Investments Group Ltd., GMT Capital Corp, Assenagon Asset Management S.A., Wells Fargo & Company MN, Point72 Asset Management L.P. and Asset Management One Co. Ltd.. Company insiders that have bought Mylan stock in the last two years include Joseph C Md Maroon, Mark W Parrish, Melina E Higgins, Robert J Cindrich and Wendy Cameron. View Insider Buying and Selling for Mylan.
How do I buy Mylan stock?
Shares of Mylan can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Mylan's stock price today?
One share of Mylan stock can currently be purchased for approximately $40.52.
How big of a company is Mylan?
Mylan has a market capitalization of $21.74 billion and generates $11.08 billion in revenue each year. The company earns $480 million in net income (profit) each year or $1.66 on an earnings per share basis. Mylan employs 35,000 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Mylan?
Mylan's mailing address is BUILDING 4 TRIDENT PLACE MOSQUITO WAY, HATFIELD X0, AL10 9UL. The company can be reached via phone at 44-0-17-0785-3000.
MarketBeat Community Rating for Mylan (MYL)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Mylan and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL) Analysts' Consensus Rating (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Today||30 Days Ago||90 Days Ago||180 Days Ago|
|Consensus Rating: ||Buy||Buy||Buy||Buy|
|Consensus Rating Score: ||2.77||2.73||2.71||2.71|
|Ratings Breakdown: ||0 Sell Rating(s)|
7 Hold Rating(s)
13 Buy Rating(s)
2 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|0 Sell Rating(s)|
8 Hold Rating(s)
12 Buy Rating(s)
2 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|0 Sell Rating(s)|
8 Hold Rating(s)
11 Buy Rating(s)
2 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|0 Sell Rating(s)|
8 Hold Rating(s)
11 Buy Rating(s)
2 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|Consensus Price Target: ||$46.16||$45.52||$45.86||$51.28|
|Price Target Upside: ||16.89% upside||21.74% upside||43.72% upside||38.66% upside|
Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL) Consensus Price Target History
Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL) Analyst Ratings History
(Data available from 12/17/2015 forward)
Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL) Earnings History and Estimates Chart
Mylan (NASDAQ MYL) Earnings History by Quarter
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|11/6/2017||Q3 2017||$1.20||$1.10||$3.09 billion||$2.99 billion||View||N/A|
|8/9/2017||Q2 2017||$1.18||$1.10||$3.00 billion||$2.96 billion||View||Listen|
|5/10/2017||Q1 17||$0.92||$0.93||$2.81 billion||$2.72 billion||View||N/A|
|3/1/2017||Q4 2016||$1.42||$1.57||$3.18 billion||$3.27 billion||View||N/A|
|11/9/2016||Q3 2016||$1.50||$1.38||$3.12 billion||$3.06 billion||View||Listen|
|8/9/2016||Q216||$1.13||$1.16||$2.58 billion||$2.56 billion||View||N/A|
|5/3/2016||Q116||$0.74||$0.76||$2.23 billion||$2.19 billion||View||N/A|
|2/10/2016||Q415||$1.27||$1.22||$2.71 billion||$2.49 billion||View||Listen|
|10/30/2015||Q315||$1.38||$1.43||$2.79 billion||$2.71 billion||View||Listen|
|8/6/2015||Q215||$0.89||$0.91||$2.39 billion||$2.37 million||View||N/A|
|5/5/2015||Q115||$0.70||$0.70||$2.22 billion||$1.87 billion||View||Listen|
|3/2/2015||Q414||$1.05||$1.05||$2.07 billion||$2.08 billion||View||Listen|
|10/30/2014||Q314||$1.14||$1.16||$2.06 billion||$2.08 billion||View||N/A|
|8/7/2014||Q214||$0.70||$0.69||$1.88 billion||$1.84 billion||View||N/A|
|5/1/2014||Q114||$0.63||$0.66||$1.80 billion||$1.72 billion||View||N/A|
|2/27/2014||Q413||$0.75||$0.78||$1.81 billion||$1.81 billion||View||N/A|
|10/31/2013||Q313||$0.79||$0.82||$1.84 billion||$1.77 billion||View||N/A|
|8/1/2013||Q2 2013||$0.67||$0.68||$1.73 billion||$1.70 billion||View||N/A|
|5/2/2013||Q1 2013||$0.62||$0.62||$1.69 billion||$1.63 billion||View||N/A|
|2/27/2013||Q4 2012||$0.64||$0.65||$1.73 billion||$1.72 billion||View||N/A|
Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL) Earnings Estimates
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $4.56 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $5.28 EPS
Dividend History for Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Mylan (NASDAQ MYL) Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.69%
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 75.04%
Mylan (NASDAQ MYL) Insider Trades by Quarter
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|6/9/2017||Anthony Mauro||Insider||Sell||10,000||$40.00||$400,000.00|| |
|6/9/2017||Rajiv Malik||President||Sell||25,000||$40.00||$1,000,000.00|| |
|3/23/2017||Laboratories Abbott||Major Shareholder||Sell||44,000,000||$41.60||$1,830,400,000.00|| |
|8/9/2016||Heather M Bresch||CEO||Sell||100,200||$50.00||$5,010,000.00|| |
|6/3/2016||Joseph C Md Maroon||Director||Buy||1,670||$44.95||$75,066.50|| |
|5/25/2016||Robert J Cindrich||Director||Buy||1,190||$42.47||$50,539.30|| |
|5/12/2016||Melina E Higgins||Director||Buy||19,900||$38.68||$769,732.00|| |
|5/6/2016||Melina E Higgins||Director||Buy||100||$38.69||$3,869.00|| |
|4/28/2016||Melina E Higgins||Director||Buy||35,000||$42.92||$1,502,200.00|| |
|4/5/2016||Robert J Coury||Chairman||Sell||217,755||$45.96||$10,008,019.80|| |
|3/31/2016||Joseph C Md Maroon||Director||Buy||4,337||$46.36||$201,063.32|| |
|3/17/2016||Mark W Parrish||Director||Buy||1,705||$44.00||$75,020.00|| |
|3/8/2016||Wendy Cameron||Director||Buy||2,190||$45.69||$100,061.10|| |
|3/3/2016||Robert J Cindrich||Director||Buy||2,187||$45.83||$100,230.21|| |
|12/17/2015||John D. Sheehan||CFO||Sell||34,579||$55.03||$1,902,882.37|| |
|6/15/2015||Melina E Higgins||Director||Sell||8,351||$73.08||$610,291.08|| |
|2/3/2015||Anthony Mauro||Insider||Sell||13,255||$53.15||$704,503.25|| |
|2/3/2015||Heather M Bresch||CEO||Sell||411,996||$53.15||$21,897,587.40|| |
|2/3/2015||Rajiv Malik||President||Sell||285,394||$53.15||$15,168,691.10|| |
|2/3/2015||Robert J Coury||Chairman||Sell||947,119||$52.55||$49,771,103.45|| |
|2/3/2015||Rodney L Piatt||Director||Sell||46,000||$53.15||$2,444,900.00|| |
|11/26/2014||John D Sheehan||CFO||Sell||19,475||$57.50||$1,119,812.50|| |
|11/25/2014||Heather M Bresch||CEO||Sell||100,000||$55.80||$5,580,000.00|| |
|11/25/2014||Rajiv Malik||President||Sell||120,000||$55.78||$6,693,600.00|| |
|11/25/2014||Robert J Coury||Chairman||Sell||165,700||$55.78||$9,242,746.00|| |
|11/24/2014||Heather M Bresch||CEO||Sell||80,222||$55.86||$4,481,200.92|| |
|11/24/2014||Rajiv Malik||President||Sell||84,300||$55.86||$4,708,998.00|| |
|11/24/2014||Robert J Coury||Chairman||Sell||105,800||$55.88||$5,912,104.00|| |
|11/7/2014||Melina E Higgins||Director||Buy||14,000||$52.45||$734,300.00|| |
|9/18/2014||Neil F Dimick||Director||Sell||5,432||$48.26||$262,148.32|| |
|6/19/2014||Neil F Dimick||Director||Sell||5,432||$50.81||$275,999.92|| |
|4/22/2014||Rajiv Malik||President||Sell||80,000||$50.00||$4,000,000.00|| |
|4/14/2014||Heather Bresch||CEO||Sell||75,000||$46.07||$3,455,250.00|| |
|3/20/2014||Neil Dimick||Director||Sell||5,813||$53.08||$308,554.04|| |
|3/14/2014||C Todd||Director||Sell||10,000||$53.00||$530,000.00|| |
|3/6/2014||Harry Korman||COO||Sell||31,970||$54.54||$1,743,643.80|| |
|3/3/2014||Anthony Mauro||Insider||Sell||20,000||$54.81||$1,096,200.00|| |
|3/3/2014||Daniel Rizzo, Jr.||CAO||Sell||8,003||$55.50||$444,166.50|| |
|3/3/2014||Douglas Leech||Director||Sell||10,000||$55.40||$554,000.00|| |
|1/2/2014||Neil Dimick||Director||Sell||5,813||$43.15||$250,830.95|| |
|12/19/2013||Rodney Piatt||Director||Sell||10,000||$41.84||$418,400.00|| |
|12/12/2013||Daniel Rizzo, Jr.||CAO||Sell||70,683||$42.04||$2,971,513.32|| |
|12/12/2013||Melina Higgins||Director||Buy||5,000||$42.03||$210,150.00|| |
|9/6/2013||Heather M Bresch||CEO||Sell||160,000||$35.35||$5,656,000.00|| |
|6/3/2013||Neil F Dimick||Director||Sell||19,994||$30.51||$610,016.94|| |
|11/27/2012||Daniel C Rizzo Jr||CAO||Sell||161,124||$27.28||$4,395,462.72|| |
|11/2/2012||Douglas J Leech||Director||Sell||44,280||$25.94||$1,148,623.20|| |
|11/1/2012||Anthony Mauro||Insider||Sell||12,301||$25.79||$317,242.79|| |
|10/5/2012||Anthony Mauro||Insider||Sell||12,296||$24.84||$305,432.64|| |
Mylan (NASDAQ MYL) News Headlines
Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL) SEC Filings
This page is loading this company's SEC Filings. Please wait...
Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL) Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
Mylan (NASDAQ MYL) Stock Chart for Sunday, December, 17, 2017