Mylan N.V. is a global pharmaceutical company. The Company develops, licenses, manufactures, markets and distributes generic and branded generic products for resale by others; specialty pharmaceuticals, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). It operates through two segments: Generics and Specialty. Its Generics segment primarily develops, manufactures, sells and distributes generic or branded generic pharmaceutical products in tablet, capsule, injectable, transdermal patch, gel, cream or ointment form, as well as API. Its Specialty segment is focused on respiratory and allergy therapies. The EpiPen Auto-Injector, which is used in the treatment of severe allergic reactions, is an epinephrine auto-injector. Its Perforomist Inhalation Solution is a long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist indicated for the maintenance treatment of bronchoconstriction in chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD) patients. The Company also markets ULTIVA, which is an analgesic agent.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Drugs - Generic
- Sub-Industry: Pharmaceuticals
- Symbol: NASDAQ:MYL
- CUSIP: 62853010
- Web: www.mylan.com
- Market Cap: $16.83 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 536,281,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $31.89
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $37.29
- 52 Week Range: $29.39 - $45.87
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 25.04
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 6.07
- P/E Growth: 1.43
- Annual Revenue: $12.01 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.40
- Book Value: $23.94 per share
- Price / Book: 1.31
- EBIDTA: $3.92 billion
- Net Margins: 5.51%
- Return on Equity: 22.42%
- Return on Assets: 7.54%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.20%
- Current Ratio: 1.35%
- Quick Ratio: 0.84%
- Average Volume: 6.43 million shs.
- Beta: 1.31
- Short Ratio: 6.64
Frequently Asked Questions for Mylan N.V. (NASDAQ:MYL)
What is Mylan N.V.'s stock symbol?
Mylan N.V. trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "MYL."
How were Mylan N.V.'s earnings last quarter?
Mylan N.V. (NASDAQ:MYL) released its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, August, 9th. The company reported $1.10 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $1.18 by $0.08. The company earned $2.96 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $3 billion. Mylan N.V. had a net margin of 5.51% and a return on equity of 22.42%. The firm's revenue was up 15.7% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the company earned $1.16 earnings per share. View Mylan N.V.'s Earnings History.
When will Mylan N.V. make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Mylan N.V. issued on next quarter's earnings?
Mylan N.V. issued an update on its FY17 earnings guidance on Wednesday, August, 9th. The company provided earnings per share (EPS) guidance of $4.30-4.70 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of $5.12. The company issued revenue guidance of $11.5-12.5 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $12.46 billion.
Where is Mylan N.V.'s stock going? Where will Mylan N.V.'s stock price be in 2017?
18 analysts have issued 1 year price objectives for Mylan N.V.'s stock. Their predictions range from $29.39 to $60.00. On average, they anticipate Mylan N.V.'s stock price to reach $43.27 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Mylan N.V..
What are analysts saying about Mylan N.V. stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Mylan N.V. stock:
- 1. Argus analysts commented, "junior version" (8/22/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Mylan expects new product launches in the generics segment will propel the top-line. The FDA Oncologic Drugs Advisory Committee (ODAC) recently unanimously recommended approval of Mylan's biosimilar version of breast cancer drug Herceptin. Shares of Mylan have performed better than the industry so far in 2017. However, EpiPen woes continue as sales declined due to increased competition and entry of generics should impact sales. Pricing continues to impact results and the company projects mid-single digit price erosion globally for the year. In addition, Mylan received a complete response letter from the FDA regarding its ANDA for the generic version of asthma drug Advair Diskus. In Apr 2017, Mylan received a warning letter from the FDA for its manufacturing facility in India. The FDA cited significant violations of current good manufacturing practice (CGMP) regulations for finished pharmaceuticals in the warning letter." (8/1/2017)
- 3. Mizuho analysts commented, "We were previously modeling 2017 generic Advair sales of $150M ramping to peak sales of $363M in 2020. Without the 2017 contribution we would still fall generally in line with consensus revenue estimates for 2017 (~$12.7B), which is below the mid-point of the guidance range of $12.25-13.75B. It is unclear if Mylan can get its product to the market before year end so it may be more conservative to exclude it for now, though we continue to anticipate its launch next year. While the limited visibility provided on this product may be frustrating to investors, we think that the magnitude of the stock reaction creates a buying opportunity given the small overall contribution from this generic in the near-term. We therefore reiterate our Buy rating and $53 PT. Next Advair-related event: Hikma/Vectura has a May 10 GDUFA date for their own generic Advair, and Hikma indicated that it will be ready to launch immediately after approval. Unlike Mylan’s product, which is hoped to be an AB-rated generic, but also one with brand recognition, Hikma’s generic will not be marketed under a brand name. Hikma mgmt has indicated that its Advair generic will make up the majority of its $120M new-launch guidance in 2017 (assuming one other competitor in the market)." (3/30/2017)
- 4. Royal Bank Of Canada analysts commented, "MYL reported 4Q today and hosted what we thought was an upbeat 2017 Investor Day showcasing an impressive pipeline. While overall performance remains stable avoiding headwinds felt by smaller peers, 2017 EPS and stock upside will be linked to a few key approvals along with business development. No change to Sector Perform rating but our price target moves up to $48 on higher EPS...First time 2017 guidance was favorable but there are a lot of moving parts to consider. We said going in that an ambitious 2017 outlook wouldn't be enough unless it came with a solid 4Q result. While visibility into specific 4Q drivers was not as high as we would like, it did provide some comfort around MYL's overall stability in a challenging generic environment. The 2017 guidance range of $5.15 to $5.55 captured consensus and helped drive the +7% move in the stock today, but focus will now shift to several important drivers to get there. As we suspected, that range includes risk-adjusted generic Advair, generic Copaxone 20/40mg as well as some incremental business development. Epipen profit impact was quantified and the driver of the slight gross margin moderation. Our new forecasts for 2017-19E move higher and are now $5.30, $5.75 and $6.12 (the $6.00 MYL EPS target in 2018E remains). Based on our new 2018 EBITDA, MYL trades at 9.1x EV/EBITDA - above historical pre-2014 levels." (3/2/2017)
Are investors shorting Mylan N.V.?
Mylan N.V. saw a increase in short interest in August. As of August 31st, there was short interest totalling 22,672,282 shares, an increase of 9.2% from the August 15th total of 20,762,241 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 5,983,863 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is presently 3.8 days. Currently, 4.5% of the company's stock are short sold.
Who are some of Mylan N.V.'s key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Mylan N.V. include Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN), McKesson Corporation (MCK), Zoetis (ZTS), Fresenius Medical Care Corporation (FMS), Actelion (ALIOF), Bayer AG (BAYRY), Grifols, S.A. (GRFS), HCA Holdings (HCA), Essilor International SA (ESLOY), Astellas Pharma (ALPMY), Incyte Corporation (INCY), Edwards Lifesciences Corporation (EW), Zimmer Biomet Holdings (ZBH), C.R. Bard (BCR), Cerner Corporation (CERN), Cardinal Health (CAH), Quintiles Transitional Holdings (Q) and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (TEVA).
Who owns Mylan N.V. stock?
Mylan N.V.'s stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (7.57%), Vanguard Group Inc. (6.14%), State Street Corp (3.82%), Pzena Investment Management LLC (2.30%), Franklin Resources Inc. (1.59%) and Migdal Insurance & Financial Holdings Ltd. (1.29%). Company insiders that own Mylan N.V. stock include Anthony Mauro, Heather M Bresch, John D Sheehan, Joseph C Md Maroon, Laboratories Abbott, Mark W Parrish, Melina E Higgins, Rajiv Malik, Robert J Cindrich, Robert J Coury and Wendy Cameron. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Mylan N.V..
Who sold Mylan N.V. stock? Who is selling Mylan N.V. stock?
Mylan N.V.'s stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Laurion Capital Management LP, Franklin Resources Inc., Cibc World Markets Corp, K2 Principal Fund L.P., Bank of New York Mellon Corp, Hodges Capital Management Inc., Menora Mivtachim Holdings LTD. and Locust Wood Capital Advisers LLC. Company insiders that have sold Mylan N.V. stock in the last year include Anthony Mauro, Laboratories Abbott and Rajiv Malik. View Insider Buying and Selling for Mylan N.V..
Who bought Mylan N.V. stock? Who is buying Mylan N.V. stock?
Mylan N.V.'s stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Pzena Investment Management LLC, Vanguard Group Inc., Mivtachim The Workers Social Insurance Fund Ltd. Under Special Management, BlackRock Inc., Schroder Investment Management Group, Teachers Advisors LLC, Clal Insurance Enterprises Holdings Ltd and Prudential Financial Inc.. Company insiders that have bought Mylan N.V. stock in the last two years include Joseph C Md Maroon, Mark W Parrish, Melina E Higgins, Robert J Cindrich and Wendy Cameron. View Insider Buying and Selling for Mylan N.V..
How do I buy Mylan N.V. stock?
Shares of Mylan N.V. can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Mylan N.V.'s stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Mylan N.V. (NASDAQ MYL)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Mylan N.V. and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Mylan N.V. stock can currently be purchased for approximately $31.39.
Consensus Ratings for Mylan N.V. (NASDAQ:MYL) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||7 Hold Ratings, 10 Buy Ratings, 1 Strong Buy Rating|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.67)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$43.27 (37.86% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Mylan N.V. (NASDAQ:MYL)
(Data available from 9/20/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|9/8/2017||Cantor Fitzgerald||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$34.00||Low|
|8/22/2017||Argus||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||$47.59 -> $29.39||Low|
|8/20/2017||Mizuho||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$53.00 -> $37.00||Low|
|8/16/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$36.00 -> $42.00||Medium|
|8/10/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$50.00 -> $45.00||High|
|8/10/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Sector Perform||$33.00 -> $32.00||Low|
|8/9/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$43.00 -> $30.00||Medium|
|8/9/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Set Price Target||Hold||$34.50 -> $30.00||Medium|
|8/7/2017||Morgan Stanley||Lower Price Target||Equal -> Equal Weight||$52.00 -> $36.00||Medium|
|5/22/2017||Barclays PLC||Upgrade||Equal Weight -> Overweight||$47.00 -> $50.00||Low|
|4/18/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Lower Price Target||Buy||$52.00 -> $51.00||Low|
|3/30/2017||Leerink Swann||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$52.00||Low|
|1/3/2017||BTIG Research||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$55.00||N/A|
|12/30/2016||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Positive||N/A|
|10/10/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Set Price Target||Buy||$52.00||N/A|
|10/10/2016||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Upgrade||Market Perform -> Strong-Buy||$57.00||N/A|
|9/23/2016||Sanford C. Bernstein||Set Price Target||Buy||$60.00||N/A|
|8/26/2016||Evercore ISI||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$49.00||N/A|
|8/25/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Conviction-Buy||$60.00||N/A|
|8/24/2016||Bank of America Corporation||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$70.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Mylan N.V. (NASDAQ:MYL)Earnings History by Quarter for Mylan N.V. (NASDAQ MYL)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/9/2017||Q2 2017||$1.18||$1.10||$3.00 billion||$2.96 billion||View||Listen|
|5/10/2017||Q1 17||$0.92||$0.93||$2.81 billion||$2.72 billion||View||N/A|
|3/1/2017||Q4 2016||$1.42||$1.57||$3.18 billion||$3.27 billion||View||N/A|
|11/9/2016||Q3 2016||$1.50||$1.38||$3.12 billion||$3.06 billion||View||Listen|
|8/9/2016||Q216||$1.13||$1.16||$2.58 billion||$2.56 billion||View||N/A|
|5/3/2016||Q116||$0.74||$0.76||$2.23 billion||$2.19 billion||View||N/A|
|2/10/2016||Q415||$1.27||$1.22||$2.71 billion||$2.49 billion||View||Listen|
|10/30/2015||Q315||$1.38||$1.43||$2.79 billion||$2.71 billion||View||Listen|
|8/6/2015||Q215||$0.89||$0.91||$2.39 billion||$2.37 million||View||N/A|
|5/5/2015||Q115||$0.70||$0.70||$2.22 billion||$1.87 billion||View||Listen|
|3/2/2015||Q414||$1.05||$1.05||$2.07 billion||$2.08 billion||View||Listen|
|10/30/2014||Q314||$1.14||$1.16||$2.06 billion||$2.08 billion||View||N/A|
|8/7/2014||Q214||$0.70||$0.69||$1.88 billion||$1.84 billion||View||N/A|
|5/1/2014||Q114||$0.63||$0.66||$1.80 billion||$1.72 billion||View||N/A|
|2/27/2014||Q413||$0.75||$0.78||$1.81 billion||$1.81 billion||View||N/A|
|10/31/2013||Q313||$0.79||$0.82||$1.84 billion||$1.77 billion||View||N/A|
|8/1/2013||Q2 2013||$0.67||$0.68||$1.73 billion||$1.70 billion||View||N/A|
|5/2/2013||Q1 2013||$0.62||$0.62||$1.69 billion||$1.63 billion||View||N/A|
|2/27/2013||Q4 2012||$0.64||$0.65||$1.73 billion||$1.72 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Mylan N.V. (NASDAQ:MYL)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $4.52 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $5.17 EPS
Dividend History for Mylan N.V. (NASDAQ:MYL)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Mylan N.V. (NASDAQ:MYL)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.69%Insider Trades by Quarter for Mylan N.V. (NASDAQ:MYL)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 71.97%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|6/9/2017||Anthony Mauro||Insider||Sell||10,000||$40.00||$400,000.00|| |
|6/9/2017||Rajiv Malik||President||Sell||25,000||$40.00||$1,000,000.00|| |
|3/23/2017||Laboratories Abbott||Major Shareholder||Sell||44,000,000||$41.60||$1,830,400,000.00|| |
|8/9/2016||Heather M Bresch||CEO||Sell||100,200||$50.00||$5,010,000.00|| |
|6/3/2016||Joseph C Md Maroon||Director||Buy||1,670||$44.95||$75,066.50|| |
|5/25/2016||Robert J Cindrich||Director||Buy||1,190||$42.47||$50,539.30|| |
|5/12/2016||Melina E Higgins||Director||Buy||19,900||$38.68||$769,732.00|| |
|5/6/2016||Melina E Higgins||Director||Buy||100||$38.69||$3,869.00|| |
|4/28/2016||Melina E Higgins||Director||Buy||35,000||$42.92||$1,502,200.00|| |
|4/5/2016||Robert J Coury||Chairman||Sell||217,755||$45.96||$10,008,019.80|| |
|3/31/2016||Joseph C Md Maroon||Director||Buy||4,337||$46.36||$201,063.32|| |
|3/17/2016||Mark W Parrish||Director||Buy||1,705||$44.00||$75,020.00|| |
|3/8/2016||Wendy Cameron||Director||Buy||2,190||$45.69||$100,061.10|| |
|3/3/2016||Robert J Cindrich||Director||Buy||2,187||$45.83||$100,230.21|| |
|12/17/2015||John D. Sheehan||CFO||Sell||34,579||$55.03||$1,902,882.37|| |
|6/15/2015||Melina E Higgins||Director||Sell||8,351||$73.08||$610,291.08|| |
|2/3/2015||Anthony Mauro||Insider||Sell||13,255||$53.15||$704,503.25|| |
|2/3/2015||Heather M Bresch||CEO||Sell||411,996||$53.15||$21,897,587.40|| |
|2/3/2015||Rajiv Malik||President||Sell||285,394||$53.15||$15,168,691.10|| |
|2/3/2015||Robert J Coury||Chairman||Sell||947,119||$52.55||$49,771,103.45|| |
|2/3/2015||Rodney L Piatt||Director||Sell||46,000||$53.15||$2,444,900.00|| |
|11/26/2014||John D Sheehan||CFO||Sell||19,475||$57.50||$1,119,812.50|| |
|11/25/2014||Heather M Bresch||CEO||Sell||100,000||$55.80||$5,580,000.00|| |
|11/25/2014||Rajiv Malik||President||Sell||120,000||$55.78||$6,693,600.00|| |
|11/25/2014||Robert J Coury||Chairman||Sell||165,700||$55.78||$9,242,746.00|| |
|11/24/2014||Heather M Bresch||CEO||Sell||80,222||$55.86||$4,481,200.92|| |
|11/24/2014||Rajiv Malik||President||Sell||84,300||$55.86||$4,708,998.00|| |
|11/24/2014||Robert J Coury||Chairman||Sell||105,800||$55.88||$5,912,104.00|| |
|11/7/2014||Melina E Higgins||Director||Buy||14,000||$52.45||$734,300.00|| |
|9/18/2014||Neil F Dimick||Director||Sell||5,432||$48.26||$262,148.32|| |
|6/19/2014||Neil F Dimick||Director||Sell||5,432||$50.81||$275,999.92|| |
|4/22/2014||Rajiv Malik||President||Sell||80,000||$50.00||$4,000,000.00|| |
|4/14/2014||Heather Bresch||CEO||Sell||75,000||$46.07||$3,455,250.00|| |
|3/20/2014||Neil Dimick||Director||Sell||5,813||$53.08||$308,554.04|| |
|3/14/2014||C Todd||Director||Sell||10,000||$53.00||$530,000.00|| |
|3/6/2014||Harry Korman||COO||Sell||31,970||$54.54||$1,743,643.80|| |
|3/3/2014||Anthony Mauro||Insider||Sell||20,000||$54.81||$1,096,200.00|| |
|3/3/2014||Daniel Rizzo, Jr.||CAO||Sell||8,003||$55.50||$444,166.50|| |
|3/3/2014||Douglas Leech||Director||Sell||10,000||$55.40||$554,000.00|| |
|1/2/2014||Neil Dimick||Director||Sell||5,813||$43.15||$250,830.95|| |
|12/19/2013||Rodney Piatt||Director||Sell||10,000||$41.84||$418,400.00|| |
|12/12/2013||Daniel Rizzo, Jr.||CAO||Sell||70,683||$42.04||$2,971,513.32|| |
|12/12/2013||Melina Higgins||Director||Buy||5,000||$42.03||$210,150.00|| |
|9/6/2013||Heather M Bresch||CEO||Sell||160,000||$35.35||$5,656,000.00|| |
|6/3/2013||Neil F Dimick||Director||Sell||19,994||$30.51||$610,016.94|| |
|11/27/2012||Daniel C Rizzo Jr||CAO||Sell||161,124||$27.28||$4,395,462.72|| |
|11/2/2012||Douglas J Leech||Director||Sell||44,280||$25.94||$1,148,623.20|| |
|11/1/2012||Anthony Mauro||Insider||Sell||12,301||$25.79||$317,242.79|| |
|10/5/2012||Anthony Mauro||Insider||Sell||12,296||$24.84||$305,432.64|| |
Headline Trends for Mylan N.V. (NASDAQ:MYL)
Latest Headlines for Mylan N.V. (NASDAQ:MYL)
Mylan N.V. (MYL) Chart for Wednesday, September, 20, 2017