About Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE:TEVA)
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited is a pharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in developing, producing and marketing generic medicines and a portfolio of specialty medicines. The Company operates through two segments: Generic medicines and Specialty medicines. The Company develops, manufactures and sells generic medicines in a range of dosage forms, including tablets, capsules, injectables, inhalants, liquids, ointments and creams. Its specialty medicines business focuses on delivering a range of solutions to patients and providers through medicines, devices and services in various regions and markets around the world. Its specialty medicines business includes its core therapeutic areas of central nervous system (CNS) and respiratory medicines with a focus on asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It also has specialty products in oncology, women's health and selected other areas.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Pharmaceuticals
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:TEVA
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.tevapharm.com
- Market Cap: $15.14 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 1,016,000,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $16.57
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $25.51
- 52 Week Range: $14.30 - $44.42
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 3.95
- P/E Growth: -0.51
- Annual Revenue: $23.37 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.65
- Book Value: $23.99 per share
- Price / Book: 0.62
- Annual Dividend: $0.94
- Dividend Yield: 7.4%
- EBITDA: $7.42 billion
- Net Margins: -25.18%
- Return on Equity: 15.96%
- Return on Assets: 5.31%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.30%
- Current Ratio: 0.94%
- Quick Ratio: 0.61%
- Average Volume: 24.26 million shs.
- Beta: 0.57
- Short Ratio: 4.71
Frequently Asked Questions for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE:TEVA)
What is Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited's stock symbol?
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "TEVA."
How often does Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited?
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited declared a quarterly dividend on Monday, August 7th. Stockholders of record on Tuesday, August 29th will be paid a dividend of $0.085 per share on Thursday, September 14th. This represents a $0.34 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.28%. The ex-dividend date is Friday, August 25th. View Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited's Dividend History.
How were Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited's earnings last quarter?
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE:TEVA) announced its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, August, 3rd. The company reported $0.99 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $1.06 by $0.07. The business had revenue of $5.69 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $5.72 billion. Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited had a positive return on equity of 15.96% and a negative net margin of 25.18%. Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited's quarterly revenue was up 12.9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted $1.25 EPS. View Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited's Earnings History.
When will Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited issued on next quarter's earnings?
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited updated its FY17 earnings guidance on Thursday, August, 3rd. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $4.30-4.50 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus EPS estimate of $4.73. The company issued revenue guidance of $22.8-23.2 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $23.43 billion.
Where is Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited's stock going? Where will Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited's stock price be in 2017?
25 analysts have issued 1 year target prices for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited's stock. Their forecasts range from $13.00 to $80.00. On average, they expect Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited's share price to reach $27.62 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited.
What are analysts saying about Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited stock:
- 1. Maxim Group analysts commented, "Shares of TEVA are under pressure in the wake of the FDA’s approval of Mylan’s ANDA for generic copaxone 3x/week & 20 mg/ml QD injection. Teva has a press release estimating the impact of the two launches to its 4Q earnings of at least $0.25. Our estimates are under review but our Hold remaining remains in-effect. We had anticipated generic copaxone (3x) but not until 2018." (10/4/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Pricing erosion in the U.S. generics business and the continued deterioration in Venezuela is hurting sales at Teva which led to a guidance and dividend cut in August. Teva is facing several other challenges in the form of generic competition for Copaxone, new competition for branded products and a high cost base and debt load. Also, Teva’s shares underperformed the generic industry this year so far. Nonetheless, Teva is progressing with its branded/generics drugs pipeline and is looking to strengthen its biosimilar pipeline. The Actavis Generics acquisition is contributing to growth of the Generics unit. Meanwhile, Teva is focusing on cost cutting and divestments to boost growth. However, a clear path to growth is not visible. Estimates have declined ahead of the company’s Q3 earnings release. The company also has a negative record of earnings surprises in recent quarters." (10/4/2017)
- 3. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "MDCO announced early stoppage of the Ph 3 TANGO-2 trial for Vabomere (Carbavance) based on an interim analysis which showed a superior benefit-risk compared to best available therapy in serious infections due to CRE. We are impressed by DSMB stoppage of a trial with less than half of patients enrolled (72 out of the 150 target) suggesting a dramatic clinical benefit vs. standard of care. We believe today’s news provides a favorable setup for the August 21 (our estimate) PDUFA for Vabomere in cUTI. We continue to see Vabomere as a potential source of optionality for MDCO should management decide to launch this important new antibiotic on their own or in conjunction with a partner." (7/25/2017)
- 4. Royal Bank Of Canada analysts commented, "TEVA reported 4Q above Street expectations and reaffirmed 2017 guidance with some further color around the year. The bull case in TEVA lacks conviction and change is needed. We look to CEO search/ strategic review, potential for break-up, and potential upside from generic Copaxone surprise as opportunity but near-term confidence remains low. No change to PT but EPS moves lower to reflect greater competitive pressures." (2/14/2017)
Are investors shorting Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited?
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited saw a increase in short interest in September. As of September 29th, there was short interest totalling 44,659,599 shares, an increase of 5.7% from the September 15th total of 42,266,528 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 16,022,193 shares, the short-interest ratio is currently 2.8 days. Approximately 4.4% of the company's stock are short sold.
Who are some of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited include Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd (RDY), Catalent (CTLT), Patheon NV (PTHN), Taro Pharmaceutical Industries (TARO), Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX), Akorn (AKRX), Opko Health (OPK), BTG plc (BTG), Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc (HIK), Horizon Pharma PLC (HZNP), Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD), Corcept Therapeutics Incorporated (CORT), Theravance Biopharma (TBPH), Cambrex Corporation (CBM), Emergent Biosolutions (EBS), Impax Laboratories (IPXL), Innoviva (INVA) and Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX).
Who are Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited's key executives?
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited's management team includes the folowing people:
- Sol J. Barer Ph.D., Chairman of the Board
- Yitzhak Peterburg, Interim President and Chief Executive Officer
- Kaare Schultz, President, Chief Executive Officer
- Eyal Desheh, Group Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Dipankar Bhattacharjee, President and Chief Executive Officer-Global Generic Medicines Group
- Carlo de Notaristefani, President and Chief Executive Officer-Global Operations
- Robert Koremans, President, Chief Executive Officer - Global Specialty Medicines
- Iris Beck-Codner, Group Executive Vice President - Corporate Marketing & Communication
- Hafrun Fridriksdottir, Executive Vice President, President of Global Generics R&D
- Mark Sabag, Group Executive Vice President-Human Resources
Who owns Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited stock?
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include PGGM Investments (0.15%), APG Asset Management N.V. (0.02%), Exane Derivatives (0.00%), Guardian Investment Management (0.00%) and Private Asset Management Inc. (0.00%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited.
Who sold Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited stock? Who is selling Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited stock?
Who bought Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited stock? Who is buying Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited stock?
How do I buy Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited stock?
Shares of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE TEVA)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited stock can currently be purchased for approximately $14.90.
Consensus Ratings for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE:TEVA) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||4 Sell Ratings, 16 Hold Ratings, 5 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.04)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$27.62 (85.37% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE:TEVA)
Analysts' Ratings History for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE:TEVA)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/20/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Set Price Target||Sell||$15.00||N/A|
|10/20/2017||Barclays PLC||Set Price Target||Hold||$21.00 -> $19.00||N/A|
|10/19/2017||Cantor Fitzgerald||Set Price Target||Hold||$17.00||N/A|
|10/6/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Set Price Target||Hold||$23.00||N/A|
|10/4/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Set Price Target||Hold||$20.00||N/A|
|10/5/2017||Morgan Stanley||Set Price Target||Underweight||$16.00 -> $15.00||N/A|
|10/4/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||$30.00 -> $18.00||N/A|
|10/4/2017||Maxim Group||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|10/4/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Hold||Medium|
|10/4/2017||BTIG Research||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$24.00||Medium|
|9/21/2017||Sanford C. Bernstein||Lower Price Target||Mkt Perform -> Market Perform||$28.00 -> $20.00||Low|
|9/12/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Lower Price Target||Hold||$21.00 -> $18.50||High|
|9/6/2017||JMP Securities||Boost Price Target||Underperform||$13.00 -> $14.00||Low|
|8/31/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$28.00 -> $21.00||Low|
|8/23/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Downgrade||Neutral -> Underperform||$25.00 -> $13.00||Medium|
|8/16/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$32.00 -> $19.00||Medium|
|8/9/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$43.00 -> $28.00||High|
|8/3/2017||CIBC||Reiterated Rating||Outperform -> Market Perform||High|
|2/28/2017||Argus||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||$59.35 -> $31.90||N/A|
|2/17/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Set Price Target||Hold||$37.00||N/A|
|1/31/2017||Bank of America Corporation||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||N/A|
|11/4/2016||HSBC Holdings plc||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||$44.00 -> $66.00||N/A|
|10/7/2016||Leerink Swann||Set Price Target||Buy||$57.00||N/A|
|9/29/2016||OTR Global||Initiated Coverage||Positive||N/A|
|4/19/2016||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|11/27/2015||Berenberg Bank||Lower Price Target||Hold||$72.00 -> $65.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE:TEVA)Earnings History by Quarter for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE TEVA)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/3/2017||6/30/2017||$1.06||$0.99||$5.72 billion||$5.69 billion||View||Listen|
|5/11/2017||Q1 17||$1.06||$1.06||$5.69 billion||$5.63 billion||View||N/A|
|2/13/2017||Q416||$1.36||$1.38||$6.26 billion||$6.25 billion||View||N/A|
|11/15/2016||Q316||$1.29||$1.31||$5.71 billion||$5.56 billion||View||N/A|
|8/4/2016||Q216||$1.20||$1.25||$4.86 billion||$5.00 billion||View||N/A|
|5/9/2016||Q116||$1.17||$1.20||$4.78 billion||$4.81 billion||View||N/A|
|2/11/2016||Q415||$1.29||$1.28||$4.83 billion||$4.88 billion||View||Listen|
|10/29/2015||Q315||$1.28||$1.35||$4.75 billion||$4.80 billion||View||Listen|
|7/30/2015||Q215||$1.31||$1.43||$4.90 billion||$4.97 billion||View||Listen|
|4/30/2015||Q115||$1.26||$1.36||$4.84 billion||$5.00 billion||View||N/A|
|2/5/2015||Q414||$1.31||$1.31||$5.17 billion||$5.17 billion||View||N/A|
|10/30/2014||Q314||$1.23||$1.32||$5.09 billion||$5.06 billion||View||N/A|
|7/31/2014||Q214||$1.21||$1.23||$5.08 billion||$5.00 billion||View||N/A|
|5/1/2014||Q114||$1.22||$1.22||$5.11 million||$5.00 billion||View||N/A|
|2/6/2014||Q413||$1.26||$1.42||$5.19 billion||$5.40 billion||View||N/A|
|10/31/2013||Q313||$1.26||$1.27||$5.00 billion||$5.06 billion||View||N/A|
|8/1/2013||Q213||$1.20||$1.20||$4.94 billion||$4.90 billion||View||N/A|
|5/2/2013||Q113||$1.10||$1.12||$4.85 billion||$4.90 billion||View||N/A|
|2/7/2013||Q412||$1.33||$1.32||$5.26 billion||$5.20 billion||View||N/A|
|11/1/2012||Q312||$1.25||$1.28||$5.08 billion||$5.00 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE:TEVA)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $4.25 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $3.77 EPS
Current Dividend Information for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE:TEVA)
|Most Recent Dividend:||9/14/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||2.10% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||-15.36% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
22.12% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
24.93% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE TEVA)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading History for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE:TEVA)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE:TEVA)
Latest Headlines for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE:TEVA)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (TEVA) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017